CDL permit

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 146)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Ron in Burlington, Wisconsin

89 months ago

I just got my cdl permit. will any place take me with that or what should i do get started. i whould really like to drive i live in south east wisconsin. i whould like to get my license but dont have a truck for a class b. thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (400) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

HIGHTECHREDNECK in Charles Town, West Virginia

87 months ago

STAY AWAY FROM SCHNEIDER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

86 months ago

Marlon Dakers in Bronx, New York said: I have obtained my cdl class A permit and living in bronx ny, i am currently unemployed and have no money to pay for training. I am in desperate need for a job.I am more than willing & able to do what ever it takes to get my class A licencse, PLEASE if any one can help me it will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE OPPORTUNITY!

I was a CDL driver for 10 years, find a local truck stop, and pick
up some of those magazines on truck driver employeers, if you are new, and you have a perfect driving record and background, it would be fair easy to contact a driving company and ask for their training, you normally have to sign some type of contract, but do not think this is easy work, being new, you will be away from home for very long periods, you will be isolated, and alone, and driving countless hours, if you got your truck loaded at 6PM, do you think you could drive all night for a rush delivery, you will hear a lot of it, this is a HOT LOAD, you have to be there... and one wrech can end your career, if you kill someone and its your fault, prepare for jail, and DUI now or later, your career is instantly dead.

if you are new, even running a red light could hinder you. to get into a training program, you have to have a PERFECT DRIVING RECORD, AND BACKGROUND CHECK, and if you lie about it and think you got away from it, and you end up in training, they will find it in all the checks they do, they will fire you on the spot, and your paying for bus or airfaire back home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Seguin, Texas

75 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: Thats a good one. lets see, who all do I know by making this post on the internet that will loan me a 30,000 pound tractor/trailer so I can go take a test...any compaines out there that do these types of favors for people they do not know or with no experiance? just so some guy can get his class A lic?

Seriously dude, wake the f$%$# up...you are in one big
dream world thinking that just anyone out of the blue is
going to loan you a truck/trailer.

your best bet is to go to a school, go through their driving
program, and you get your lic through them as they will let
you drive for the test, then put you to work...

You know I wasn't asking to borrow your f*#^@ng truck so if you didn't lik my question you don't have to hate. Alot of people are alot nicer than you and some are even willing to train a newbie like myself. I really don't appreciate you attacking me in a forum like this with so many nice people helping and asking questions. And another thing is I don't know your situation but (incase you just go throough these forums to find someone to let out aggression on without reading all thier posts) mine is this I have a crim. background so a school won't accept me due to the pre employment requirement. Also I am aware that there are other "pay yourself schools" out there but I dont have the funds for that stuff. So my only choice is to do it myself and by posting in this forum I was only hoping to get a hold a nicer person than you to only help not hold my hand and do it for me. So in the future you may want to be nicer to people it always comes back to you what you do or say. And I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything but come on man grow up a little. Oh yeah and piss off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

75 months ago

RJ in Seguin, Texas said: You know I wasn't asking to borrow your f*#^@ng truck so if you didn't lik my question you don't have to hate. Alot of people are alot nicer than you and some are even willing to train a newbie like myself. I really don't appreciate you attacking me in a forum like this with so many nice people helping and asking questions. And another thing is I don't know your situation but (incase you just go throough these forums to find someone to let out aggression on without reading all thier posts) mine is this I have a crim. background so a school won't accept me due to the pre employment requirement. Also I am aware that there are other "pay yourself schools" out there but I dont have the funds for that stuff. So my only choice is to do it myself and by posting in this forum I was only hoping to get a hold a nicer person than you to only help not hold my hand and do it for me. So in the future you may want to be nicer to people it always comes back to you what you do or say. And I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything but come on man grow up a little. Oh yeah and piss off.

yes sir, and I did not finish reading this one either, once you said criminal, I stopped reading, thought it was pointless.
you must be high or something.

oh yea thats cute, piss off, btw, im going to work
now, how about you...? and you hit it on the nail
criminal, what comes around goes around, and people
wonder why they can not find work after choosing a life
of crime, why wont anyone accept me in soceity, oh cry
baby cry...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

DIANA- in Berkeley, IL. in Schaumburg, Illinois

75 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: yes sir, and I did not finish reading this one either, once you said criminal, I stopped reading, thought it was pointless.
you must be high or something.

oh yea thats cute, piss off, btw, im going to work
now, how about you...? and you hit it on the nail
criminal, what comes around goes around, and people
wonder why they can not find work after choosing a life
of crime, why wont anyone accept me in soceity, oh cry
baby cry...

I was curious about comments in this Forum so I started reading and then came across your comment...you know, I can understand that the guy may be a bit naive or maybe just being hopeful that someone would lend him their tractor/trailor. But your comment about his crimanal background was just ignorant on your part. How do you judge a person w/out knowing him or the circumstance of his history??? Ok yes, I will say 90-95% of ex-cons do repeat their criminal ways by choice. But what about the very few that don't? Did you ever stop & think that maybe he knows he made a mistake? Being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Willingly or not. Don't you think that being convicted was what came around & bit him in the ass?! What do you think will come around and bite you because of your ignorance? There are those few that aren't career criminals and do need that chance in life that no one seems to give because people like you are so quick to judge w/ignorant assumptions. And I suppose you are so perfect that you have never made a mistake or done anything illegal in the 'Laws' eyes? Or is it that you are just so smart that you have never been caught?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

75 months ago

DIANA- in Berkeley, IL. in Schaumburg, Illinois said: I was curious about comments in this Forum so I started reading and then came across your comment...you know, I can understand that the guy may be a bit naive or maybe just being hopeful that someone would lend him their tractor/trailor. But your comment about his crimanal background was just ignorant on your part. How do you judge a person w/out knowing him or the circumstance of his history??? Ok yes, I will say 90-95% of ex-cons do repeat their criminal ways by choice. But what about the very few that don't? Did you ever stop & think that maybe he knows he made a mistake? Being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Willingly or not. Don't you think that being convicted was what came around & bit him in the ass?! What do you think will come around and bite you because of your ignorance? There are those few that aren't career criminals and do need that chance in life that no one seems to give because people like you are so quick to judge w/ignorant assumptions. And I suppose you are so perfect that you have never made a mistake or done anything illegal in the 'Laws' eyes? Or is it that you are just so smart that you have never been caught?!

Ignorant? If that is the best you got, i guess. Judge...I did not judge him, a judge did, its life, I guess its just a society thing...There is a different between a mistake and crime...damn criminals come here and say, oh me, oh my, I commited a crime, now I want to drive a truck, and wonder why they can't.

and you only wish you drove for JB.

time to take out the trash.

good-bye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

You just so proved yourself...Ignorant! And yes, that is the best I have that obviously fits your understanding of what I was trying to say- to get across to you. Repeat crimanals ARE full of crap. People that make mistakes, pay for it, learn from them, and try to go w/their lives, to do something positive - are human. But thats ok, I'm not trying to argue w/you or by all means, change your outlook. I don't know you, just your comments. It's 'perfect people' like you that scare me and I'd stay far away from. But that's just my comment. So you have yourself a good night, sweet dreams, don't let come back and bite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

You don't have to thank me for understanding- you didn't ask me to. I just gave my comment, like every one else is intitled to. I don't know you and you may be b.s. everyone...I would just really hope not to yourself. It just really irritates me how smug people are- how shallow! It's unfortunate. It seems to me their lives are full of advantages on the outside and yet so empty on the inside. I even wonder if in their social circle, how many of them they really trust? Or even really like w/out being phoney? It makes me laugh for alot of reasons... Anyway, I do wish you luck on your choosen career path. Whatever you do, don't give up, otherwise you have been beaten by people like him. Keep your head up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Junior in Lakeland, Florida

75 months ago

Look man, I did disclose my background and they are helping me. I have had my CDL Permit for 7 months now. I was web searching and found this site. They called me and I told them everything about me because I want to be in this field of work myself. Sorry I didn't mention that I told them. The recruiter helped me out alot. She went the extra mile. I leave in a week or so for training. My criminal history is ten yrs. old and I haven't had any trouble with the law since 1998. Try it out man, it's worth that much. The worst they could say is NO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Seguin, Texas

75 months ago

Junior in Lakeland, Florida said: Look man, I did disclose my background and they are helping me. I have had my CDL Permit for 7 months now. I was web searching and found this site. They called me and I told them everything about me because I want to be in this field of work myself. Sorry I didn't mention that I told them. The recruiter helped me out alot. She went the extra mile. I leave in a week or so for training. My criminal history is ten yrs. old and I haven't had any trouble with the law since 1998. Try it out man, it's worth that much. The worst they could say is NO.

If your history is ten years old then you should be fine. The federal law says that it has to be at least 10 years for liability reasons and for the insurance companies to corver you. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Seguin, Texas

75 months ago

Dusty in Orlando, Florida said: OK OK we got the point! Both if you need to remember what this site is all about not slammin each other! This is the reason I dont turn my CB on.... Tired of listenin to this crap! Good luck to you all out there no matter what ur background is.

Thank you thats what I've been trying to get accross to that pain in the butt. In fact I have been accepted by stevens transport and start training next week. So he has no idea what he is talking about any way. Sorry to have bothered you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dusty in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

Great news RJ Glad to hear its workin out for you! Yooou Gooo! Good Luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dusty in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

By the way wasnt you botherin me you were just tryin to get some information...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: yes, yes, bla, bla, bla...

People with your understanding kill people...people like you would allow someone with a history of drugs into a truck, and misuse of a truck could kill a family. It does not matter if his drug history is 10 years ago or 100 years ago, and any company that hires him could be held liable in so many ways if something goes wrong. People with any type of criminal background, no matter how old should never be allowed into a big rig...

I have been a truck driver for a long time. I have great respect for truck drivers. I have also seen trucks so mangled you would never tell it was a truck, all because of driver on drugs/alcohol, so yes, it offends me when someone can not find a job in the world because of their criminal past, and they end up here, wanting to drive a truck.

There are no excuses for drugs..not even 'my daddy died of a bad accident' well, you know 'my mommy died of the worst kind of cancer' did I turn to drugs or alcohol'? Such a lame excuse, we all are going to die one day, no one told you that?

but I see you strongly support criminals with a drug history to worm their way into a big rig, and you want to make ignorant remarks against me?

Hey man, it should not offend you because you ain't the one giving him an opportunity or chance in life. Plus, all people want is to live a comfortable life too. It does not matter if you have a background or are on drugs things happen regardless of that mess(mangled trucks)and you know that. It does not mean you can't drive or learn to drive a big rig. He just wanted advice and you gave him hell. It should not matter to you what people do or have done with their lives. Furthermore he is not trying to work for you. Just because you have not done ANYTHING wrong does not give you the right to talk down to someone else man. Give him a break. He just wants to right his mistakes and enjoy life. You enjoy yours don't you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Seguin, Texas

75 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: So your telling me truck driving is a dead end job?

Son, I make more money in a week then you will ever hope
to accomplish in 2 months.

your the convict, your small comments about me.....well...

good luck to you in your dead end job.

You said and I quote "I never made a lot of money driving, and you spend a lot out on high food places...you spend all your time driving,waiting, or sleeping, and if that is the kind of life you want, then go for it. I make just as much now at some dead end job I have now, then I did with truck driving, and at least I am home every night,". Your words, not mine, so if you're trying to fool some one try it with someone else. The fact you keep arguing on this forum shows how lonely and sad you really are, I'm going to be the better man an dback down cause I know the rest of these people in this forum are tired of reading these stupid posts on your part and mine. So once again I say thank you for your support.:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

RJ in Seguin, Texas said: Thank you thats what I've been trying to get accross to that pain in the butt. In fact I have been accepted by stevens transport and start training next week. So he has no idea what he is talking about any way. Sorry to have bothered you.

Good luck on your training!! I'm glad you found someone willing to help.

Spooky in Montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

You tell them Vrose. I am to leave for Hammond Indiana this Sunday to start school on Monday. I am going and have no money for living quarters or eating. That is how bad I want to make this happen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Spooky in Montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

Junior,Bravo!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bobbie in Dothan, Alabama

75 months ago

WOW , I thought we where here to help each other not hurt each other, Here in Dothan they have a school that will train you for free, Just go down to the unenplorment office and tell them you want to be a truck driver BTW (Wallace College) does it. You get the free training only if you fall under the what they consider low income stats... here is there info. Southeast Alabama Skills Center Truck Driving Training 1926 Wise Dr. Dothan Al. 36303 Also you can go to this web site that might help you find a school like this one , it is called www.drivingdirectory.com/TruckSchool .... I hope this helps any

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

M>R> in Amarillo, Texas

74 months ago

"You know I wasn't asking to borrow your f*#^@ng truck so if you didn't lik my question"

I understand what you're trying to say. I am considering going to Amarillo College trucking school. They have a 6 week course for $2200 for the whole deal(not including dorm) & you take the test in their truck. The good thing with this school is they have financial advisors that can apply for grants where they can even get you a dorm paid for, above the costs of the school itself, because it's a public community college. You walk in, 6 weeks later you know how to drive a truck & your cdl, all paid for by grants or student loans. (take the grant route). If you're a Texas Veteran, who entered & left the service while a Texas resident, the whole thing is paid for by the Hazlewood Act.( Not one penny out of pocket). The training is supposed to be top notch. 3 weeks of classroom & on campus driving, followed by 3 weeks of on the road training. I have a whole life policy I'm going to borrow against. I'm going to haul locally, probably grain or asphalt in belly dumps, as our home is paid for & I don't have to make the big bucks to survive.

PAM transportation will put you up & pay you $50 a week for 3 weeks, then $300 a week while training for 4 to 6 weeks. I'm sure you have to sign a contract. My daughter-in-law tried to get on with them but being the goof ball that she is, lied needlessly on her app & they spotted it right away & turned her back. It wasn't even necessary. PAM is the best one I've seen as far as someone being penniless & needing to get training & on a truck, as they provide you with operating cash while you're training. Don't lie on your app though. You either qualify or you don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joyce in Lyndon, Kansas

74 months ago

I have obtained my CDL permit, I did not get to finish because they told me that I was out of hours. I am trying to finish my training but since I have a permit in another state and a drivers license in a different state, I have to transfer over to state I reside in. It is not easy, some laws are different in other states, the wording changes and throws me off. I am wondering if anyone out there knows of any companies that will take a person to hire and get the rest of my training with.
Maybe I am not asking the right questions, I dont know because this whole process has been very discouraging when I have worked so hard and spent my savings to get my license.
I just want to know if there is help out there because I dont want to go to another school and have another bad experience.
My e-mail address is jjd950@aol.com.
I would welcome any direction that someone has and maybe been where I have. Thanks for reading this.

lucy in newyork in brooklyn, New York

73 months ago

I am a new comer in driving had my license 2years.
I just got my cdl permit an i would like a job driving.
Who would hirier me?
Who do i talk to?

spooky in Montgomery, Alabama

73 months ago

Hi,
You have no problem. The way it works is this...serf the net for trucking companies. Most have a provision for inexperienced drivers. That is you. They will put you with a trainer for a time...3 to 6 months as a second seat. Most will pay you a token wage during this training period...350 to approx. 450 a week. On the road, that should be plenty for food etc...After that period, you will be taken to an official CDL test site for the road and 4 point break test. Bone up on the pre trip including the in cab. Get all this done and it is a wrap...way

Denise585 in Bronx, New York

72 months ago

Just got my CDL permit was told I could get a job with a school bus company and they would train me while I am contracted to them. Please tell me how to go about this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Tribolet in Piscataway, New Jersey

72 months ago

I Have a CDL-B license with a Passenger endorsement looking for a job.Unemployed for nine months.e-mail triboletjohn@yahoo.com.Any employer out there need a driver?

71 months ago

I have a CDL-B license with a Passenger endorsement living in Middlesex County N.J. Unemployed for 10 months;looking for any driving position.Does any one help me?

dozer1977 in stevenson, Washington

71 months ago

i go tomarrow to take my cdl permit. been studing for a couple of days was wondering how hard it is how many question and how long , my nerves are shot over this i need help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dozer1977 in stevenson, Washington

71 months ago

Charles in Lakeland, Florida said: I HAVE HAD MY CDL PERMIT FOR 5 MONTHS AND NO ONE WILL HIRE ME. I'VE TRIED COMPANIES WITH SCHOOLS B/C I CAN'T AFFORD CDL SCHOOL. I REALLY WANT MY LICENSE TO DRIVE. THEY SAY THEY NEED DRIVERS IN THIS WORLD, THEN WHAT'S UP AMERICA?

try swift they will pay for schooling

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Alot of questions are on the internet Google it.

ggriff155@yahoo.com in Arlington, Virginia

71 months ago

Ron in Burlington, Wisconsin said: I just got my cdl permit. will any place take me with that or what should i do get started. i whould really like to drive i live in south east wisconsin. i whould like to get my license but dont have a truck for a class b. thanks for your help.

you have go to a c.d.l school and pay as you learn

Nick M in Atkinson, New Hampshire

71 months ago

DIANA- in Berkeley, IL. in Schaumburg, Illinois said: I was curious about comments in this Forum so I started reading and then came across your comment...you know, I can understand that the guy may be a bit naive or maybe just being hopeful that someone would lend him their tractor/trailor. But your comment about his crimanal background was just ignorant on your part. How do you judge a person w/out knowing him or the circumstance of his history??? Ok yes, I will say 90-95% of ex-cons do repeat their criminal ways by choice. But what about the very few that don't? Did you ever stop & think that maybe he knows he made a mistake? Being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Willingly or not. Don't you think that being convicted was what came around & bit him in the ass?! What do you think will come around and bite you because of your ignorance? There are those few that aren't career criminals and do need that chance in life that no one seems to give because people like you are so quick to judge w/ignorant assumptions. And I suppose you are so perfect that you have never made a mistake or done anything illegal in the 'Laws' eyes? Or is it that you are just so smart that you have never been caught?!

Most people are not career criminals. Yes, there is a high recidivism rate; but 80% of people in prison in the U.S. are non-violent drug offenders (not neccessarily possession, but for example a small, non-violent larceny (not robbery, which is violent because it is by force or threat of force)). They commit again because we have a system where we throw addicts in a jail where they get no treatment (addiction and alcoholism are a disease), have them sit there for maybe 6 months, a year, two years and just let them out and wonder why they re-offended. Anyone who has suffered a drug addiction knows that it is very rare that anyone with an addiction one day says "I now realize what I did is wrong" and just stops. I had (well, have.....

71 months ago

because most agree once an addict/alc., always an addict/alc. because the disease does not go away it is just under control). It took both support and pharmacological help to get me clean.

This is not said against you Diana, you were being quite compassionate and helpful; I didn't say it in anger. It was just my point of view on this.

71 months ago

And as far as the person who said there is no excuse for drug addiction..... drug addiction isn't a choice; it is an illness which has been shown to be primarily genetic. Take a look at tests they've done with drugs and the general pop. vs. addicts; they can literally put an addict in a scan and watch how their brain lights up like a christmas tree when they are exposed to drugs, the average person has a much lower reaction (well most, if your dealing with the younger group you hit an addict once and a while).

Let me ask that person have you ever drank? Do you know what the addiction rate for alcohol is? How likely it is to cause an accident? How likely it is to kill you? Alcohol has an 18% addiction rate among users, compare that to: heroin 23%, cocaine 15%, crack somewhere around 45%, marijuana 4%. The death rate in someone exposed in a year is one in 1,000, tobacco 1 in 100, heroin 1 in 1,000, cocaine 1 in 10,000, marijuana 1 in 10 million. Now I don't think any of those drugs are good (by the way the source for that info was 50 years of study by the British Ministry of Health) but I'm just saying that by your logic no one that has ever drank should be allowed to operate a truck. Also, alcohol is the one most likely to cause an accident, in tests it impaired driving more than any of the other drugs listed.

Jesse in Gaithersburg, Maryland

71 months ago

I just gotten my CDL permit as well and am looking for a job that will take your CDL permit until I can get my license. I like to drive trucks local, just to stay close to home can anyone out there help me.
thanks alot....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

paul reinertsen in Beverly Hills, Florida

71 months ago

Eric Brooks in Melbourne, Florida said: Ron we are in the same boat. The company I work for told me that they would help me get my licence and hire me if I got the permit.The road test has has been canceled twice within the last six months.And I just renewed my permit for another six for the last time in Florida. Please some one HELP!!!!
go to to mvr and ask where to "rent a tk' AND GET A 3TH PARTY TESTING DONE,COST BOUT $250. AND THEY WILL GIVE LIC. TO YOU.... E MAIL ME BACK AT PAULREINERTSEN@YMAIL.COM LET ME KNOW IF U LIVE IN ME AREA ILL TELL U WHERE TO GO FOR IT...

71 months ago

ggriff155@yahoo.com in Arlington, Virginia said: you have go to a c.d.l school and pay as you learn

NO YOU DONT .. BUT IT HELPS... THERE R OTHER WAYS....AS I SAID B4 3TH PARTY TESTING------SEND ME AN E MAIL ILL LET U KNOW HOW, NOT ON THIS CC BOARD...

71 months ago

Nick M in Atkinson, New Hampshire said: because most agree once an addict/alc., always an addict/alc. because the disease does not go away it is just under control). It took both support and pharmacological help to get me clean.

This is not said against you Diana, you were being quite compassionate and helpful; I didn't say it in anger. It was just my point of view on this.

PEOPLE CHANGE 4 GOOD AND BAD ---- R U THE SAME PERSON U WERE 10 YRS AGO ?????

71 months ago

John Tribolet in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I Have a CDL-B license with a Passenger endorsement looking for a job.Unemployed for nine months.e-mail triboletjohn@yahoo.com.Any employer out there need a driver?

GO TOO THE PHONE BK

71 months ago

paul reinertsen in Beverly Hills, Florida said: PEOPLE CHANGE 4 GOOD AND BAD ---- R U THE SAME PERSON U WERE 10 YRS AGO ?????

Well, I was basically getting at that. I was just stating that as if your are an addict/alcoholic you always have the disease; you may have improved yourself, grown, become a better person, stopped using/drinking but you still have the disease. You may have it completely under control, but the underlying condition remains.

This just means you always have to be careful; an addict/alcoholic should never drink/use recreationally thinking "it will only be once" because they will always be susceptible to it getting out of control. The only time an addict/alcoholic should take anything is under a doctor's prescription, only if they have informed the doctor of their condition (and a good doctor will not say, for example, "I will never prescribe them pain medicine, etc" they will just be careful to make sure you really need it), and only as directed by the doctor. They should always remember their addiction and that they have the disease. And I'm not in complete agreement with the 12 step programs, but I do agree that most likely (with the only exception possibly being that some research has shown that many opiate addicts' brain chemistry may change in the late 30s early 40s and they may no longer "need" the opiates as badly) once you have the disease, you always have it.

eddie in Miami Beach, Florida

70 months ago

I got my permit in Chicago and am in Miami, how can I get someone to help me with my (need a truck)license here, or even can I legally?
Iam willing to drive a load for free from miami, FL to anywhere nationwide for free as a returned favor.

timone in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

70 months ago

eddie in Miami Beach, Florida said: I got my permit in Chicago and am in Miami, how can I get someone to help me with my (need a truck)license here, or even can I legally?
Iam willing to drive a load for free from miami, FL to anywhere nationwide for free as a returned favor.

gotta a praposal for you if you want to drive. i have a job but need a partner for however long you wanna do this. its driving a stright truck @ 44 cent a mile all over the u.s. then when you feel ready for the test you can take it the company truck for a class b cdl w/ airbrakes. if interested 843-461-five 899

Charles in Lakeland, Florida

70 months ago

timone in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: gotta a praposal for you if you want to drive. i have a job but need a partner for however long you wanna do this. its driving a stright truck @ 44 cent a mile all over the u.s. then when you feel ready for the test you can take it the company truck for a class b cdl w/ airbrakes. if interested 843-461-five 899

hey i have a class a cdl and i would like to take you up on that offer if you don't mind.

redbarndoor56 in Baldwin City, Kansas

70 months ago

I found your comment in Drivers Forum on driving, I would like to chat with you.

timone in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

70 months ago

redbarndoor56 in Baldwin City, Kansas said: I found your comment in Drivers Forum on driving, I would like to chat with you.

ok if you can please call me im not on the computer every day. 843-461-five899 tim

eddie in Miami Beach, Florida

70 months ago

Hey guys thanks for all your inquiries but just want to point out that I'm interested in attaining a D license

michaelr1975 in Des Moines, Iowa

70 months ago

GRED in Columbia, South Carolina said: WILL SOMEONE HELP ME, I HAVE MY CDL PERMIT AND I NEED TO GET TO WORK IMMEDIATELY. I WENT TO A DRIVING SCHOOL AND I WAS ALMOST FINISHED UNTIL THE SCHOOL WAS PUT ON INVESTIGATION. I QUIT MY JOB AND MY FUNDS ARE VERY LIMITED. I CAN NOT GET A COSIGNER FOR ANOTHER SCHOOL NOR CAN I AFFORD THE TIME IT WILL TAKE TO GO THROUGH SCHOOL AGAIN. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST SOMETHING FOR ME TO DO. THANKS

if you know anyone with a truck just go take the test...permits dont help you out here

michaelr1975 in Des Moines, Iowa

70 months ago

i have 4 months experince in tractor trailor..i cant find a job...i have a good driving record.....i have 10 years in expedite

Mike in Miami, Florida

70 months ago

Have a CDL B with Airbrakes already and have driving exp. Now I have a CDL A permit Looking for someone I can ride with to get some experience. all miles I drive go in your pocket all i want in turn is the Driving exp so i can take my test. Thanks
contact me at mikespect@hotmail.com

Betty Teresa Chapman in Raleigh, North Carolina

70 months ago

I have been driving Tractor Trailers for over 18 years now. My cituation is, I went for the driving job at USA Trucking and I forgot all about my court date for a ticket. Therefore, when I came back to Raleigh, NC my license were revoked. Now, I had to start over again. So in the meantime I landed a job at a Bagel shop to support my child. To make a long story short. I saved up the money to get my license back. I took all my test for my CDL'S and now I do have my permit. I am having trouble finding a truck to take my driving test with. That is where I hope you can help me.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.