cdl a license with a felony conviction in 2003

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 104)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

george young in Baltimore, Maryland

76 months ago

trying to get a driving job, i have a cdl a license with no experience, grauduated driving school. i have a felony conviction where i rec'd probation in 2003. is there anybody that would hire me" i can get bonded if that would help get a job. or should i just lie on the application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (180) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

zambino in Victorville, California

76 months ago

I hate to tell you, nobody want you to be a productive citizen with a felony. NOW if you were an illegal alien that would be different. NO don't lie, you fall into the trap of braking the rules again. try for smaller company's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Niceville, Florida

71 months ago

different MAN in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I'm a 34 year old man with a felony drug conviction 10 years ago. I'm in desperate need of a career change. Has anyone ever heard of a trucking company hiring a convicted felon? I would really love to get some helpfull responses. Tired of the same ole grind....... OVER WORKED & UNDER PAYED.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call super service they might hire you i have a felony in fact 3 and i work for them as we speak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jaskidd in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

different MAN in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I'm a 34 year old man with a felony drug conviction 10 years ago. I'm in desperate need of a career change. Has anyone ever heard of a trucking company hiring a convicted felon? I would really love to get some helpfull responses. Tired of the same ole grind....... OVER WORKED & UNDER PAYED.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if yuor conviction is over ten years old you can have it exsunged from your record thru a lawyer. i don't know how much it will cost but, it will remove it!! good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hm in Oviedo, Florida

68 months ago

The problem is not your record, they are using any scuse, I got not felonies no ticket no accident 8 years experince and still I get the round a round, be side that most of the jobs you see in the internet, the companies did not post them, the recruiter put those, so driver put their names in the files, but the companies are not hiring. I just got turndown with 8 years experience 4 OTR but not in the last year, so they use that scuse that I got not OTR in the last year, but they hire driver that just come out from school, so what that is telling you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

croney in Newburgh, New York

68 months ago

when your dealing with large trucking companies with any kind of felony record, your wasting your time...its not so much the company as its the insurance company that insures them.they dictate the companies hiring criteria...you might try your local dept.of public works...or the state highway dept....any branch of goverment office that isn't insured by a private insurer....or try looking into hauling non-hazmat loads...such as cement,logging,garbage.These companies don't require as much insurance due to the value of what they haul.....good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SIRCLEGION in Brooklyn, New York

68 months ago

Ken brandt in st.louis, Missouri said: im 29 grauduated driving school with a CDL class A. I have a felony conviction of steeling when I was 16. Had to do 5 years probation. every thing went smooth no problems at all ever to this day. no drugs no dui/dwi driving record clean. work history clean until I got a CDL. no one will hire. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHERE TO GO AND HOW TO GET A JOB USING MY CDL.

If you were 16 at the time you are not charged with a adult felony, you had a bad interview!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

countryman_777@yahoo.com in Kissimmee, Florida

68 months ago

I was convicted May 2004 for transporting illegal aliens, helpin a family of 5, on the order of mexico, in laredo, tx. sentenced for 5 yrs! a lot of time & money lost, not to mention the things I had to put up with ! Especially at my age , now at 56 yrs old. How ever I worked in the Unicor prison industries,meeting people who never had a job in their lives. I was a owner/operator at the time, with a truck paid for, that was ceised, & of course all of the equipment. So after making a mistake like this, being set up by spanish people, a lady begging me to do this to clear her husband, whom also had been convicted efore never learning his lesson, cooerated against me, he received 60 days with a criminal history. Then being released finally to a half-way house, I worked hard getting a jo at the uk hospital, proving myself,work has never been a stranger to me!And I saved money, & purchased a ruck & trailer with a small down payment, & agreeing to pay weekly, then buying ,the tags etc, ended up paying 600 weekly, how ever from the day I started Oct 3rd to the 31st, 2008, Getting my on loads I grossed over $ 21,000,And should have received 70% besides fuel,and of course! Then before I received my first check, a major breakdown, somewhat costing $ 3,160.00, which was paid within 30 days then as I kept getting my on loads, staying loaded, being complimented by the dispatchers, how ever ending up in the rears, or always showing negative, not receiving, or very little pay, & the by Jan, after ending up eating peanut & butter, & jelly sandwiches, for 3-4 days, I cried to the company, on a $1,600 load from Houston, Tx to Naples, Fl.The owner, griping he was not receiving the payments! after 3 weeks wanted to threaten me with my parole officer! and actually called him! However after I called him, & told him how they was doing me, I told him I would give the truck back, & lok for another job. They will receive a law suite, after I get another job, to prove how they cheated me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Tampa, Florida

68 months ago

hey robert thanks for the help. the site you mentioned is really helpful i've been making good money from it already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

steve in Phoenix, Arizona

68 months ago

george young in Baltimore, Maryland said: trying to get a driving job, i have a cdl a license with no experience, grauduated driving school. i have a felony conviction where i rec'd probation in 2003. is there anybody that would hire me" i can get bonded if that would help get a job. or should i just lie on the application.

try smx in ft dodge iowa, i have two drug felonies one is a class two and they hired me plus i was a student with no experiance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

big-o in Florence, South Carolina

68 months ago

I Had my cdl for about an year,but i also have an DUI that will be 5 years old on 3\14\09.If i can get any advice from you guys about any good companies that take care of their drivers please reply an also i only have 3 months experience,an a 17 year old felony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

big-o in Florence, South Carolina said: I Had my cdl for about an year,but i also have an DUI that will be 5 years old on 3\14\09.If i can get any advice from you guys about any good companies that take care of their drivers please reply an also i only have 3 months experience,an a 17 year old felony

Yes you can find an good company just have to pick the right one dont rush it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

SIRCLEGION in Brooklyn, New York said: If you were 16 at the time you are not charged with a adult felony, you had a bad interview!

hey man try union beer dist. in long island city...thats where i got started 10 yrs ago...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

there was no interview...I was referring to not being issued a haz mat endorsement based on a felony that is 15 yrs old...but a gun charge which disqualifies you for life....as of jan. 05'...if you go to this link it may answer questions for many....www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/haz11.pdf

this is NY website ..but the laws are nationwide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SIRCLEGION

67 months ago

I know how you feel, slinging dope is not the answer, i don't have one for ya! but in jail you wont even have a life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lamar in Elmont, New York

67 months ago

i have a felony from 2003 battery but no convition and i have a couple misdemeanor in 2006 possession of cannabis-less than 20 grams and poss of cannabis paraphernaliaand false id which i was convicted . i was only convicted of the misdemeanors will any body hire me???? clean driving record and good work history

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Yes they will,but you got to have experience as well.

mike in Bruning, Nebraska

67 months ago

george young in Baltimore, Maryland said: trying to get a driving job, i have a cdl a license with no experience, grauduated driving school. i have a felony conviction where i rec'd probation in 2003. is there anybody that would hire me" i can get bonded if that would help get a job. or should i just lie on the application.

Do not lie,when people look up your criminal record they will see your feloney.I received a feloney in 1994 PCS-2 In 2001 i went to truck driving school and i have been driving ever sense companys do criminal back ground checks its a federal DOT law and if u lie you can be charged.just hange in their.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

big-o in Darlington, South Carolina

67 months ago

thanks

STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Newburgh, New York

63 months ago

Why do they give people time to serve in prison and when they get released they are still serving time? It seems like I will never be able to pay my debt to society even though my crime was not committed against society.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

pershing in Chesterfield, South Carolina

62 months ago

I have a little different situation than everyone else on this site. I graduated from a driving school two yrs. ago and was a student driver with Werner for 5 wks. I kept getting trainers who wanted to use me for a doormat and constantly cursed at me for the smallest mistake. After 5 wks. I had enough and took a bus home. Now I have a CDL but no one will will take me on because I did not recently graduate and do not have at least 3-6 months experience. I have a very good driving record and no criminal history at all. I can drive well and my only area that I am rusty on is backing. Does anyone know of a company or owner-operator who will hire me?

Charles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rooseveltrolland@yahoo.com in Pensacola, Florida

62 months ago

yes try Gainey Transportation out of Grandrapids Mich, but you have to pay attention to what a trainer are sayin and trying because theirs no room for error it could coust the company law suites,or injury to others or yourself, you are not being pick on every driver you every crossed had to walk in those shoes and don't walk away backing can become difficult only if you think it is but you got to master it or no company can put you into a truck of your own it takes more than a clean history remeber its you who operating the equipment not your background good luck with your learning to back a trailer

big-o in Darlington, South Carolina

62 months ago

try carolina cargo in rockhill n.c but they team drive an only pay 10 cent a mile

socnorb62 in Lenoir, North Carolina

62 months ago

croney in Newburgh, New York said: there was no interview...I was referring to not being issued a haz mat endorsement based on a felony that is 15 yrs old...but a gun charge which disqualifies you for life....as of jan. 05'...if you go to this link it may answer questions for many.... www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/haz11.pdf

this is NY website ..but the laws are nationwide

Hey croney,what's up? I'm from BeanTown,how's it goin'?Hey tell me,does that gun charge disqualification include retro to 05;I read it,but it don't specify?

croney in Marlboro, New York

62 months ago

I recently called the TSA (transportation security admin)...i was told they look back seven yrs from the date you apply for a haz mat....and that they do take circumstances into consideration....i'll be going through the process in a couple of weeks so i'll repost when i find out for sure

hardtyme in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

I was convicted of agg asslt w/deadly weapon in 2001 I was sentenced to 2 years in the prision I got out in 2003 I haven't worked very much in the past 6 years maybe 6 months.I just got my CDL a little over a month ago,can someone tell me where I can get a job with this kind of conviction in texas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Look For Another Career Besides Trucking in Chesterfield, South Carolina

61 months ago

No, "Lucky," don't tell no one where you work or anyone there of your past. There is always someone out there to put a knife in your back. I don't care if you are there 15 or 20 yrs., your past is your past. Never tell anyone about it or they will use it against you. Good luck with the new job!

eddie carlisle in Senatobia, Mississippi

61 months ago

look i want to go to truck driving school but I have 5 dui from over 10 yrs. ago and 1 fellony hadn't drank in over 10 yrs. do i have a chance at truck driving my driving record is clean except for over 10 yrs. ago.should i go into another career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

croney in Marlboro, New York

61 months ago

eddie carlisle in Senatobia, Mississippi said: look i want to go to truck driving school but I have 5 dui from over 10 yrs. ago and 1 fellony hadn't drank in over 10 yrs. do i have a chance at truck driving my driving record is clean except for over 10 yrs. ago.should i go into another career.

think u got a shot....get searching on the web...thats what I did...good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

LAZYBOY79K in Philly, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

I need a job. Have cdl but I also have a careless in 6-09 and erybody telling me No, I can't hire you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roosevelt in Denver, Colorado

60 months ago

Everybody whom ever driven a Semi, knows without guessing they was not design to haul humanbeing as cargo,and how uncareing and cold blooded person you are, and I DON'T think that you have learn anything while on lock down, and your add sound more like you trying to get recruited and do it all over again, Because you already know that no company going to take achance on you with that type of crime!

Pershing Ranger in Chesterfield, South Carolina

60 months ago

Your CDL is something only you can take away from yourself by making bad choices. Your CDL is your meal ticket. Never let anyone use you or ask you to do something illegal to loose it. Many companies will use you and your CDL to get the job done faster than it can or should be done.Then when you get the DOT on you, they leave you to fend for yourself. You have to know when to say "NO!" Your story is a sad one, but if you are honest with yourself, you know what you should have done. It is not easy to listen to this, I know, because I have lost two good jobs, unrelated to trucking, that I lost because of stupid decisions on my part. I knew how to do the job right, but took short cuts that eventually caught up with me. I wish I could re-do things, but that does not happen in this life. I would give anything to have those jobs back but it ain't going to happen. God forgives us for what we did wrong, if we are really sorry. Man does not. It is a bitter pill to swallow. It is ironic because man thinks he is better than God. I know you are feeling down. When you wake up in the mornings, tell yourself all the things you are grateful for. Just anything you can think of, your past friends, good times you once had, anything that is positive. Do that every day when you wake up and try to increase it some each day until you get everything negative out of your mind. It will take just a few days for a dim light to come on and you start to feeling better. Keep it up and you will come through. It may take months, but if you keep it up, and there will be things that will pull you back down if you let it. Just push it out of your mind and dwell on all the good that has happened to you. You might have to really dig deep but it is there. Then one day, maybe months from now, you will start to feel good about yourself and people will sense it. That is when you will see that your world is change and you can do anything. I dare you to try it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikita8554 in Austin, Texas

59 months ago

WTF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

croney in Milton, New York

59 months ago

what?

59 months ago

How's it going there, Croney?

59 months ago

fine...I ain't drivin...if that makes u feel better

59 months ago

No, Croney, it doesn't make me feel better that you aren't driving if that is what you want. Thought you were happy with you logistics job. You still with that? I looked into it but I am living in the wrong place. I know everyone says that in these times, just be happy that you have a job, but if you hate your job and the road that takes you there, it is hard to be happy. These truck driving companies are so screwy. They make you jump through all kinds of hoops and are not planning on hiring anyway. You know what I always wanted to be? A radio disc jockey. Never had the chance and I hear that they are pretty extinct now. Everything at radio stations are pretty much prerecorded now. Someone just shows up once a day to get the thing running and that is all. That was my childhood dream that never came true. Never wanted to be a trucker. I have a chance to go with CR England in Utah.They said I would only have to take a short refresher course,2 wks, since I already have my CDL and have been with a trainer with Warner. They are going to charge me $1,300 for the course and hotel room but will take it out of my pay when I am on the road. Have not made up my mind on it yet. Pay is not that good for training. $430 a wk to start. I will wait, if I take it at all. Utah gets cold as hell this time of yr. and being from SC, I don't want to start out in those kind of conditions. Driving is problems enough with out the black ice and all that. Might have to stick with my bug man job a while longer, even though I hate it.
Chuck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

For any of you out there looking for a job and a trucking co. will not take you, if your convictions, or what ever you have against you, has been at least 10 yrs.(on convictions) try Terminix Pest Control. They will train you and give you a career and pay you while they do. Just keep clean and keep looking for trucking jobs as time passed. They pay good money and it is not a bad career, if you are not afraid of crawling under houses. It is something to think about.
Chuck

59 months ago

hey chuck,thanks for the reply...I'm not with salson anymore...was there like 3 days...or 3 17 hr shifts...I just can't run like that ..for 25 cents amile....dead time in the middle of the night waiting for stores to open...after doing the math ..i wasn't making 12$ a hr....they exspect you to rig your log books accordingly...what do you exspect for newark,NJ???...so i'm back on unemployment...thanks to the HNIC...anyway,i got a story for you about CR england....I went out there in 2000 to there compound in salt lake city...they paid for my bus ticket from NYC...3 days of hell...once there I shared a room at their facility with 3 other guys..and they gave me meal vouchers for their cafeteria...the next morning we all went to orientation...and 1 by 1 were all sent to be interveiwed by this FBI profiler guy and he decided if we were england material or not..based on a series of questions about our pass....I belive my downfall was admitting to smoking some pot 3 yrs earlier(keep in mind they already knew about my record which included cocaine trafficking charge,which was only 4 yrs fresh)...so after being told they couldn't use me...they had their security people escort me off the property...then someone else,then another and another....6 out of the "class" of 35 were put out in the street with no return ticket home.....nice ....b careful bro

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Croney,
Newark, huh!? I passed there many yrs.ago going to see my ( now wife) who was from Jersey City then. I think I made the trip 3 or 4 times over a yrs. time. Then she moved down here and we've been married ever since. Have two great sons but jobs have always been a problem for me. I got the luck that my father had with getting sorry jobs and loosing good ones. It is a curse. Can't get rid of it.
Chuck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DimeDivA in Edison, New Jersey

59 months ago

I think you should tell the truth on your application because if they find out later on down the line you could get fired without getting the chance to explain anything..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

DimeDiva84 in Carteret, New Jersey

59 months ago

I think everyone deserves a chance and if you keep going then maybe someone will give you a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Kamakura, Japan

59 months ago

Damn, people just cant get a break. I was reading something like 10 % of the US population has a felony conviction. If all them people are unemployed, how the hell the economy ever going to work? Just an endless cycle. Idiots in the social system should get people with a felony back to work. There is more than 10% of the US population having commited felonies. They just never got caught. You think about all the sh-t you stole back in high school, damn...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lizbeth in Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles

59 months ago

Hi all. Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge.
I am from Namibia and bad know English, give true I wrote the following sentence: "To use whiter teeth you have a head of systems, teeth whitening."

Thanks for the help :-(, Lizbeth.

58 months ago

Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving, in-spite the economy. I can see how you people who have felonies get frustrated trying to get jobs. I don't have any. My only strike against me is that I got my CDL 2yrs. ago and did only a month driving as a trainee before I walked away from an abusive company. Now they want me to pay them to go to school again. I can still drive and have my CDL. I ain't that dumb.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Easley in Rock Hill, South Carolina

57 months ago

I just recently graduated from York Technical College of truck driving. This was paid for by WIA. I have a simple possession of marijuana from 2003. WIA and York Tech told me that this would not be a problem since it was over 5 years old. I also got my haz-mat and tanker, and doubles and triples endorsement, and my driving record is perfect, other than the suspension from the drug charge in S.C.in 2003. Now I find out that no one will hire me. I did great in school and I made a career change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! is there any one who will hire me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Chris Easley in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: I just recently graduated from York Technical College of truck driving. This was paid for by WIA. I have a simple possession of marijuana from 2003. WIA and York Tech told me that this would not be a problem since it was over 5 years old. I also got my haz-mat and tanker, and doubles and triples endorsement, and my driving record is perfect, other than the suspension from the drug charge in S.C.in 2003. Now I find out that no one will hire me. I did great in school and I made a career change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! is there any one who will hire me.

Have you tried Werner? They may or may not, I don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Easley in Rock Hill, South Carolina

57 months ago

Pershing Ranger in Chesterfield, South Carolina said: Have you tried Werner? They may or may not, I don't know.

Werner did turn me down. That is When I really got discouraged. Turned down by Werner!!! That sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Chris Easley in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: Werner did turn me down. That is When I really got discouraged. Turned down by Werner!!! That sucks.

What about CR England?

vivian in Upland, California

57 months ago

I encourage you to call the EDD and tell them the truth, 'cause there are companies that the Edd should know and help you about this situation, ask for a rep., and make sure she listens to you. Be polite but persistant, I tell you you come a cross some sick people that will act, that don't care about you, but don't get discouraged, stay strong and belived in yourself. If I find out who is hiring, for sure you will be hearing from me. God bless you brother.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.