Where to find a good electrical engineer?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

CRS Marcus in Itasca, Illinois

93 months ago

I am in need of an electrical engineer in the suburbs of Chicago. I need someone with great autocad skills and some experience doing the electrical design for commercial buildings.

Suggestions where to search or anyone individually interested in a position like this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wanderer in Saint Louis, Missouri

93 months ago

I would suggest posting your job opening on an AutoCAD-based discussion group.
I would personally recommend the Job Corner on for the Autodesk Users Group International (AUGI) and the Autodesk Discussion Groups.
The links are below, respectively.

www.AUGI.com (sign in for free membership, navigate to Forums in top nav bar and post in the Career Corner... posts are moderated, so it could be a few hours before you see it posted)

discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=119

Don't forget to check out www.augi.com/surveys for the results of the augi annual salary survey where members report how much their earning. It's not broken down by metropolitan area, but, it's okay for generalizing.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

EE in Seattle in Seattle, Washington

84 months ago

Craigslist is a great option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

browsing forums in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

CRS Marcus,

I agree with EE, Craigslist is a good web site,

Here are a few more to add to list...
indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, monster.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LBeat in Saint Louis, Missouri

6 months ago

I am in need of experienced Electrical Engineers for:
1) our plant in Iowa and,
2) our Global Headquarters in St. Louis.

Where do I find them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keith_EE in Avon Lake, Ohio

5 months ago

CRS Marcus in Itasca, Illinois said: I am in need of an electrical engineer in the suburbs of Chicago. I need someone with great autocad skills and some experience doing the electrical design for commercial buildings.

Suggestions where to search or anyone individually interested in a position like this?

Also don't rule out the engineering societies for your area. Some of them provide job section on their web pages.

I am in Cleveland so I don't know what all is in Chicago but a google search yielded www.ieschicago.org/

HM in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

3 months ago

LBeat in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I am in need of experienced Electrical Engineers for:
1) our plant in Iowa and,
2) our Global Headquarters in St. Louis.

Where do I find them?

Hello. Are you still looking for Electrical Engineers? I am a fresh graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering seeking an entry level position. I wanted to ask if you had such a position available. If so, how can I apply?

LBeat in Saint Louis, Missouri

3 months ago

Thank you for your interest in the Electrical Engineer position I had open here at Monsanto. Unfortunately for you, we have filled that position. Since I don't know when we'll have a new position available, I would like to suggest that you visit our website, www.monsanto.com, from time to time to see what's open and apply to whatever interests you. You can also set up job alerts on our site.

Best of luck to you in your job search!

Linda

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.