I am tired of being laid off, and I am a electrician looking for stability.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

chris john in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

I have 15 years on the the job training, I also have my state license. I am a quiet man, and I believe in quality work. The last three jobs i worked on, I was promoted to leadership positions. But i have no patience for incompetence. So i end up completing the projects on my own. It is my opinion that my need for wanting to run a project like it was my own is frowned upon, and wasting time and material to to do a project right the second time instead of the first is not important to employers. At least the ones that i have worked for. Politics in the work place is obvious, but i just need some place to apply my experience on a long term scale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gene Kause in Tracy, California

59 months ago

Are NEC certified?
If you are I have a position for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris john in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

I am not, but I can take the certification test, I am sure to pass. I have worked with electricians with far less knowledge of this trade with this NEC certification. The answeres to this NEC test are being handed around job sites. I was not grandfathered into my state lic. I took the three hour test and passed. I consider myself an i am considered a electrician.

grkause@yahoo.con in Tracy, California

59 months ago

Do it and I can offer you a position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rltomkinson in Charles Town, West Virginia

42 months ago

Chris, MC Dean has several design-build contracts in Texas right now and, I believe, are looking for Texas licensed electricians for them. Email me at richard.tomkinson@mcdean.com and I can give you the contact information for our recruiter.

rltomkinson in Charles Town, West Virginia

42 months ago

shawn in Brooklyn, New York said: I am a certified electrician with 10hr osha,6yrs exp,clean driving record,have all tools, looking for job.

You might want to try looking for a job in the electrical maintenance field. Job will be much more stable. Either that, or find a really large contractor that always has work. Good luck!

perry

39 months ago

chris john in Houston, Texas said: I have 15 years on the the job training, I also have my state license. I am a quiet man, and I believe in quality work. The last three jobs i worked on, I was promoted to leadership positions. But i have no patience for incompetence. So i end up completing the projects on my own. It is my opinion that my need for wanting to run a project like it was my own is frowned upon, and wasting time and material to to do a project right the second time instead of the first is not important to employers. At least the ones that i have worked for. Politics in the work place is obvious, but i just need some place to apply my experience on a long term scale.[/QUOTE/
Listen,Im from jacksonville Fl and i seem to be having the same problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vic.csi in Holtsville, New York

4 months ago

shawn in Brooklyn, New York said: I am a certified electrician with 10hr osha,6yrs exp,clean driving record,have all tools, looking for job.

Hi Shawn I am seeking an electrician just like you for my company please contact Vic Alicanti at CSI at v.alicanticsi@yohoo.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.