overseas electrician jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2755)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Markus Solvang in Hemet, California

91 months ago

I am looking for information on well paying electrician jobs overseas or nationwide.I am a licensed contractor as well as a certified commercial journeyman in the state of california. I would be willing to relocate under the right circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (663) / No (131) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand

91 months ago

I am a electrical contractor in New Zealand. If you are interested in work in New zealad or Australia try looking on the following url seek.co.nz .This is a job agancy in NZ that lists jobs both in NZ and Aus . I know there is a shortage of good electricans in the mining and industrial fields in Australia and they are paying top dollar for sparkys . You could also try your local ADECCO employment agents " these folks are world wide and handle international jobs . I got work through them in Australia .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (374) / No (58) Reply - Report abuse

Jesse in Bainbridge Island, Washington

90 months ago

I am an apprentice electrician from Seattle. I am nearing the end of my 5 year apprenticeship and considering opportunities outside the U.S. I've done mostly large scale commercial work, including remodeling several Microsoft facilities. I'm a union member, and would like to know if their are opportunities to work overseas as a union electrician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (508) / No (74) Reply - Report abuse

Billy Harstad in Edmonton, Alberta

89 months ago

My name is Billy Harstad and i am interested in a position with your company. I am a registered 3rd yr app. I currently live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Willing to relocate or do shift work.

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand said: I am a electrical contractor in New Zealand. If you are interested in work in New zealad or Australia try looking on the following url seek.co.nz .This is a job agancy in NZ that lists jobs both in NZ and Aus . I know there is a shortage of good electricans in the mining and industrial fields in Australia and they are paying top dollar for sparkys . You could also try your local ADECCO employment agents " these folks are world wide and handle international jobs . I got work through them in Australia .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (93) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

D.G.A. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Due to a pending divorce which is sure to be messy. I am interested in an overseas job as a project manager for a commercial / industrial, multi-million dollar electrical projects. I am NOT a licensed engineer however, I have been invloved in the electrical trade since 1981, have held a master's license since 1988, and have owned and operated my own commercial / industrial / institutional business for the last eleven years w/ a Multi-Mil annual sales volume. I am an former US Military firefighter, OSHA 30 Certified, cert. CPR Instructor, and basic EMT. Currently learning to speak spanish. Proficient with AutoCAD LT, MS project, word, excel, Accubid Estimating/ BidWinner-Pro, Estimation & Foundations accounting software.
Extensive background in design built projects including, power distribution, lighting design, speciality signal / alarm systems, voice/data applications, plan and spec., health care, and high end commercial projects.
I am ONLY looking for projects estimated to be no longer than 10 years, no less than 5 years. Positions shall be tropical or exotic areas of the globe with neg. salaries. Climate should not be an issue. Extremely adaptable and flexible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (114) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

John Sohet in Singapore, Singapore

89 months ago

Hi,
I just finised my one your course as a construction electrician in Quebec, Canada. I am looking to start my career. I am trying to find work in australia or around. I am presently in Singapore, but here as an electrician ...ouf. So if anyone could help me out where to look, I would be grateful. I've learned everything from power lines to chips in circuit boards. If I have to, I will go back to Canada in an Alberta camp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Grewette in Farmington, Michigan

89 months ago

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand said: I am a electrical contractor in New Zealand. If you are interested in work in New zealad or Australia try looking on the following url seek.co.nz .This is a job agancy in NZ that lists jobs both in NZ and Aus . I know there is a shortage of good electricans in the mining and industrial fields in Australia and they are paying top dollar for sparkys . You could also try your local ADECCO employment agents " these folks are world wide and handle international jobs . I got work through them in Australia .

I am a master electrian in the United States. I have done residential, commercial, industrial, traffic signal and expressway lighting. If there is anything offered with these qualifications please e-mail me. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (99) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

s.w. in Mission Viejo, California

89 months ago

Are you working as an electrician in Singapore or just hangin' out? I just finished a 5 year program here in Cali. and interested in overseas work.

John Sohet in Singapore, Singapore said: Hi,
I just finised my one your course as a construction electrician in Quebec, Canada. I am looking to start my career. I am trying to find work in australia or around. I am presently in Singapore, but here as an electrician ...ouf. So if anyone could help me out where to look, I would be grateful. I've learned everything from power lines to chips in circuit boards. If I have to, I will go back to Canada in an Alberta camp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

socal sparky in Mission Viejo, California

89 months ago

Theres plenty of work in Iraq....awesome pay, paid leave including airfare @ destination of your choice..I prefer Thailand. check us out.

Markus Solvang in Hemet, California said: I am looking for information on well paying electrician jobs overseas or nationwide.I am a licensed contractor as well as a certified commercial journeyman in the state of california. I would be willing to relocate under the right circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (308) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Sohet in Singapore, Singapore

89 months ago

s.w. in Mission Viejo, California said: Are you working as an electrician in Singapore or just hangin' out? I just finished a 5 year program here in Cali. and interested in overseas work.

no I am not working, electricians make only $1600sg,$1000us, a month, so I am going to take a course to be a English or French teacher.
Ciao

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Responding to socal sparky, do you have any links or email contacts forwork in Thailand or Iraq? Check what out?

socal sparky in Mission Viejo, California said: Theres plenty of work in Iraq....awesome pay, paid leave including airfare @ destination of your choice..I prefer Thailand. check us out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

todd abraham in Lawton, Oklahoma

89 months ago

Just trying to find good paying overseas jobs I got 24 years exp. in everything from industrial to residential.I have worked in 43 states and 2 different countries doing control,high voltage,down to running pipe,calr tray and pulling the wire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Hi.
I looked at your sites, but they only hire nz or pr, what can I do with just my canadian passeport?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

eric avery

88 months ago

I have a degree in HVAC and a master mech. lic. and master gas fitter lic., was in the residential electrical buisness for 3 years, and currently work in the distribution power field as a power equip. mech. for a rea coop. I am in charge of a pre maintenance on all power equip. (reclosers, regulators, and transformers) primary and secondary and all substation maintenance. I am looking for a job in the oil industry preferable offshore gulf of mexico.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jon O in Fort Worth, Texas

87 months ago

I am interested on electrical positions abroad. I recently completed a one year tour in Afghanistan with KBR. I am willing to return. I have 10+ years in the trade. I am an industrial / commercial electrician and am licensed in the great state of Texas.

Thank you,

Jon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Cunningham in Belmar, New Jersey

87 months ago

Jonathan Simes in Auckland, New Zealand said: Jerrod,
There is no denying your enthusiasm but my client requires experienced staff at this stage sorry. But please feel free to send me a detailed CV if you would like me to keep it on file. I have openings for skilled electricians coming up all the time. How does that sound to you?

Regards,
JOnathan Simes

I am a fully qualified candidate. Please tell me how to contact you. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JORDAN GOLDEN in Hiram, Georgia

85 months ago

nick in Twin Falls, Idaho said: ticket in shoe makes stinky foot

I AM AN IBEW MEMEBER AS WELL OUT OF 728 FT. LAUDEREDALE FL HOW DID YOU HEAR OF THE JOB THE FIRST TIME

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Omaha, Nebraska

85 months ago

I have 12+ years electrical experience. I am a journeyman. most of my experience is commercial/industrial. Been a electrical maintenance supervisor and a job site foreman. I would like to see what options over seas there are or any other options.
Please email me directly:
weaverm74@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Myriam in Spokane, Washington

85 months ago

My husband called them and talked to them, they are Non-Union and only pay about $17/hrs. you would only make about $80,000/year. We are in Moses Lake, WA and lots of Union Jobs with IBEW 191 available. Jobs are great here right now and he is making more than that at the moment, not worth risking your life. Plus no retirement and health insurance paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Jeff in Houston, Texas said: I am also an IBEW member out of 861 Lake Charles La. Does Washington State require a state license? I would like to work there.

Yeah, WA requires a license. As mentioned above there are several reciprocal states, but it doesn't look like yours is one of them.

I know there was some talk of letting IBEW folks transfer into our apprenticeship after Katrina, and if you know enough you can test out to skip some or all of our 5 years of school, but you'll still need 8000 hours to work as a journeyman, and hours worked in non-reciprocal states don't count. On the bright side, stating apprentice wages in Local 46 are over $18.

Here's an IBEW informational link www.ibew46.org/documents/LNI_Navigation.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jordan in Las Vegas, Nevada

85 months ago

kbr is another extension of haliburton which is just about ran by yes the dick himself dick cheney, if you want to make his pockets fatter the go ahead and work for them but i was contacted by them alos and they only offered the most $84,000 for the year and you work just about 7/12's for bout 3 months straight and they will match plane ticket home up to the first $800.00. and no they do not pay any benefits that a normal union member working in the states would get so you pretty much are on your own out there, no representation at all. i could work nonunion not that i would and work that many hours in the states and make that much and not worry about getting killed by some iraqi. best bet is just hit the road and you could make in the upwards of $90-$100,000 for the year as a union memeber. lets support america and our troops not the dumbasses who got our troops there in the first place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Houston, Texas

85 months ago

Thanks Jordan for the note I agree with you about the Dick. Back in 04 when all the travelers were comming home and they had killed the economy I went to Iraq rather than work for the rat at home. I lived directly with the solders and kept there lights on and there ac running as best as I could. Our people in uniform had very few comforts as these were not the megga camps and they were not there by choice but were sent.
I don't agree with most politics but I would go back again for the solders. If I can let me put this into words. You will never come home from any job with a greater feeling of satisfaction Knowing you didn't talk about how tuff it must be for those solders but you put your hand to the plow and made a difference, with your knollage of the trade, your sweat and your hands. It tells those solders that are in harms way yes I do care.
I do hope no one is afended by my note. Jeff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

James Anderson Local 68 in Denver, Colorado

85 months ago

JORDAN GOLDEN in Las Vegas, Nevada said: not hearing much about overseas jobs so far but if anyone wants to make some good money come to vegas work is booming about 15-30 calls a day minimum going out plus show calls for convetnions put out alot of people all calls going to book 2 daily just about. if your ibew this is good place for a brother to hang out and make some decent money. cost of living pretty cheap also

Just got my traveling papers the other day and heading to Vegas. Need a little help with where to stay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

im staying in shelter island apartments, nothing fancy, one bedroom or studio apartment, furnished, full kitchen, tell them your are ibew they give you first week for $215 then 199 every week following. its located on twain and swenson, alot of ibew brothers are staying here. proximately 2 miles from the strip and 7 miles from the hall. majority of work is near strip. sign the books asap resign was just last wednesday, sign in at 8 am till 4:30 pm dispatch is at 8:30 am

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

owen in Dublin, Ireland

84 months ago

hello fellow sparks,just moved back to ireland from england,no work here its all crashed,eveyone being let go,dont want to return 2 england,been there done that,16 years experience,anyone know of any work abroad?did australia b4 loved it,can anyone help?norway,iraq,nz anywhere considered!thanks for ur time lads,stay safe,owen from dublin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tm bryant in Poole, United Kingdom

84 months ago

hi there i was jus w0nderin what m0ney i c0uld earn w0rkin in iraq as fully qualified electrician fr0m the uk??..and h0w w0uld i g0 ab0ut d0ing it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

its tax free after you made $100k or so in the states there are many things that they dont tell you and you find out later after you are already there make sure you read all the fine print. kbr figured out how to get third party nationals to do the jobs also or else usually its in the range of
$100k-$150k with most companies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

owen in Galway, Ireland

84 months ago

question for my american friends,journeyman-do i qualify?i have 15 years experience in industrial commercial and domestic and one year in australia another in a power station,i am fully qualified in ireland,trade exams passed but would this be enough to be recognised in the U.S???always wanted to work in America and at 32 i aint gettin no younger!!!!!!any help greatly appreciated.your irish sparking brother.Owen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Conroe, Texas

84 months ago

Mister Owen,
Work here is slow that is why I'm looking to go overseas. If you want to give your expertise away for real low wages you can find a little work but I found out a longtime ago that if you settle for less they will always work you for less.
Jeff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

owen in Galway, Ireland said: question for my american friends,journeyman-do i qualify?i have 15 years experience in industrial commercial and domestic and one year in australia another in a power station,i am fully qualified in ireland,trade exams passed but would this be enough to be recognised in the U.S???always wanted to work in America and at 32 i aint gettin no younger!!!!!!any help greatly appreciated.your irish sparking brother.Owen

It depends on the state. Some states do not require any license at all, so you would be able to work in those states no prob. Most states have rather strict requirements. For example, here in Washington State for your hours to count towards the 8000 required to work as an 01 journeyman electrician you need to have earned them in this state or one of the few states that reciprocates hours with us. I don't know where you'd look to find the states with no licensing requirements, but I'd expect they're also the lowest paying places.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

owen in Dublin, Ireland

84 months ago

thanks jeff and jesse for your usefull comments.hope things pick up for you jeff.dont try ireland,its dead at the moment.england not much better,best i got was 150 a day sterling,which is about as good as you will get.dont forget then u loose 20 per cent on that being self employed.DO NOT GO P.A.Y.E.you will only make half the money as you would as self employed,and subbing yourself out to contractors.trust me i learned the hard way,best of luck lads,thanks for your help,owen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kaffey411 in Honolulu, Hawaii

84 months ago

D.G.A. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Due to a pending divorce which is sure to be messy. I am interested in an overseas job as a project manager for a commercial / industrial, multi-million dollar electrical projects. I am NOT a licensed engineer however, I have been invloved in the electrical trade since 1981,...

Check out this site: www.lockheedjobs.com OR www.paegroup.com/.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Gold Coast, Australia

84 months ago

owen in Dublin, Ireland said: hello fellow sparks,just moved back to ireland from england,no work here its all crashed,eveyone being let go,dont want to return 2 england,been there done that,16 years experience,anyone know of any work abroad?did australia b4 loved it,can anyone help?norway,iraq,nz anywhere considered!thanks for ur time lads,stay safe,owen from dublin

Hi Owen,

Did you work as an electrician in Australia? I may know a company that is looking to recruit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

owen in Dublin, Ireland

84 months ago

chris in Gold Coast, Australia said: Hi Owen,

Did you work as an electrician in Australia? I may know a company that is looking to recruit.

hi chris,i did mate back in 2000,had a blast,u boys can party with the best,drank to much new and sampled to many sheilas,would love to go back,but would have to re apply,visa,etc.would take time.thanks 4 the comment chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Piper in Cayman Islands

84 months ago

I am looking for electricians in Cayman Islands.
You can send me an email awith attached resume at james.piper@megasystems.ky for more details.

Preference will be given to Service Electricians with 10 years experience however I will look at all resumes.

Regards,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Simes in Auckland, New Zealand

84 months ago

I am currently seeking fully qualified railway signal electricians/technicians people who have had experience with big transformers and power stations.These jobs are situated in Australia. We can help you with work visa's (if neccesary)and all relevant paperwork to to ensure a smooth transition into the job. This includes relocating your family. These is high paying jobs with other benefits included. Please email me direct to: jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz for further information.

Regards,
Jonathan Simes
New Zealand Director
Universal Labour Services Pty Ltd

Lonna D. in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

84 months ago

Jonathan Simes in Auckland, New Zealand said: I am currently seeking fully qualified railway signal electricians/technicians for employment in Australia. We can help you with work visa's (if neccesary)and all relevant paperwork to to ensure a smooth transition into the job.This is a high paying job with other benifits also offered. Please respond to this posting if this sounds like you.
Regards,
Jonathan

Hi My name is Lonna I am looking for my boyfriend who is an electrician looking for work he would be willing to relocate if the money was right.

84 months ago

Lonna,
We require his Resume containing his qualifications and work experience. Please send those directly to me @ jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz so we can start from there. Thank you for your interest. We still have many slots open for Electricians so if your boyfriend has any friends who also want to work in Australia. Please give them my email address.

Regards,
Jonathan Simes,
New Zealand Director
Universal Labour Services Pty Ltd,

owen in Airdrie, United Kingdom

84 months ago

hi jonathan,i am owen,i am working at the moment but fancy a change,i am a good sparks and love gettin stuck in,if u can provide the work,i can sort it.all the best owen

84 months ago

Owen, Please email me @ jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz am supply me with your resume containing your qualifications and work experience. Please include contactable referals.
Regards,
Jonathan Simes,
New Zealand Director
Universal Labour Services Pty Ltd

LOUIS KOEKEMOER in Johannesburg, South Africa

84 months ago

Hi Jonathan,

My name is Louis and i am 29yrs of age. I am a qualified Electrician and looking at relocating abroad with my family. I have been in the Electrical industry for the past 9 years and have Managed teams of my own on various projects. Do you know of any companies that would be interested? I would also need the assistance with papers/relocation etc.

Hope to hear from you soon
Regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Louis,
Please email me your resume with qualifications, skills and experience and a list of your past employees with contact details attached. I do know of companies who will be interested to hear about you in Australia.
Regards,
Jonathan Simes

Melissa Heldreth in Auburn, Alabama

84 months ago

My husband is an electrician in America and is looking for some overseas work. We are having trouble finding any reputable companies to apply with. If you know of any please let me know thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

James Piper in Cayman Islands

84 months ago

Melissa,
Have your husband send me his resume. We are located in Caymans.

Regards, James Piper Mega Systems Ltd
James.Piper@megasystems.ky

Universal Labour Services Pty Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand

84 months ago

Melissa Heldreth in Auburn, Alabama said:
Melissa,
Have your husband email me his resume with experience and qualifications and referals with contacts included. We are currently seeking electricians for a very large Australian project which will take approx 7yrs to complete. We will help you with relocating, housing and visa requirements at no cost to you. My email address is: jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz

Regards,
Jonathan Simes,
New ZEaland Director,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry D Davol in Winder, Georgia

84 months ago

Universal Labour Services Pty Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand said: Wilson,
please email me your resume

My email address is: jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz

Regards,
Jonathan Simes,
New ZEaland Director,

I would also like to send you a resume. I have 15 Yrs exp as electrician, 9yrs with the IBEW local 613 in Atlanta

james in Edmonton, Alberta

84 months ago

owen in Dublin, Ireland said: hello fellow sparks,just moved back to ireland from england,no work here its all crashed,eveyone being let go,dont want to return 2 england,been there done that,16 years experience,anyone know of any work abroad?did australia b4 loved it,can anyone help?norway,iraq,nz anywhere considered!thanks for ur time lads,stay safe,owen from dublin

im a journeyman electrician in fort mcmurray, canada. theres lots of work here and the most pay ive seen, $150,000 a year for a regular journeyman. i worked at a site that were hiring other trades from over seas. there is a huge shortage of workers and the pay keeps going up and up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

james in Edmonton, Alberta

84 months ago

Jean Sohet in Singapore, Singapore said: no I am not working, electricians make only $1600sg,$1000us, a month, so I am going to take a course to be a English or French teacher.
Ciao

i clear $2300 a week after taxes as an journeyman electrician. dont lie if you dont know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

James, what are you talking about? You make $2300 a week in Singapore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kenneth booker in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

YES KBR IS A COMPANY IM GOING TO WORK FOR IF YOU NEED ADD IMFORMATION EMAIL ME BACK AT BOOKERKEN77@HOTMAIL.COM

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.