overseas electrician jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2803)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Markus Solvang in Hemet, California

83 months ago

I am looking for information on well paying electrician jobs overseas or nationwide.I am a licensed contractor as well as a certified commercial journeyman in the state of california. I would be willing to relocate under the right circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (647) / No (127) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand

83 months ago

I am a electrical contractor in New Zealand. If you are interested in work in New zealad or Australia try looking on the following url seek.co.nz .This is a job agancy in NZ that lists jobs both in NZ and Aus . I know there is a shortage of good electricans in the mining and industrial fields in Australia and they are paying top dollar for sparkys . You could also try your local ADECCO employment agents " these folks are world wide and handle international jobs . I got work through them in Australia .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (360) / No (57) Reply - Report abuse

Jesse in Bainbridge Island, Washington

83 months ago

I am an apprentice electrician from Seattle. I am nearing the end of my 5 year apprenticeship and considering opportunities outside the U.S. I've done mostly large scale commercial work, including remodeling several Microsoft facilities. I'm a union member, and would like to know if their are opportunities to work overseas as a union electrician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (503) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

Billy Harstad in Edmonton, Alberta

82 months ago

My name is Billy Harstad and i am interested in a position with your company. I am a registered 3rd yr app. I currently live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Willing to relocate or do shift work.

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand said: I am a electrical contractor in New Zealand. If you are interested in work in New zealad or Australia try looking on the following url seek.co.nz .This is a job agancy in NZ that lists jobs both in NZ and Aus . I know there is a shortage of good electricans in the mining and industrial fields in Australia and they are paying top dollar for sparkys . You could also try your local ADECCO employment agents " these folks are world wide and handle international jobs . I got work through them in Australia .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

D.G.A. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Due to a pending divorce which is sure to be messy. I am interested in an overseas job as a project manager for a commercial / industrial, multi-million dollar electrical projects. I am NOT a licensed engineer however, I have been invloved in the electrical trade since 1981, have held a master's license since 1988, and have owned and operated my own commercial / industrial / institutional business for the last eleven years w/ a Multi-Mil annual sales volume. I am an former US Military firefighter, OSHA 30 Certified, cert. CPR Instructor, and basic EMT. Currently learning to speak spanish. Proficient with AutoCAD LT, MS project, word, excel, Accubid Estimating/ BidWinner-Pro, Estimation & Foundations accounting software.
Extensive background in design built projects including, power distribution, lighting design, speciality signal / alarm systems, voice/data applications, plan and spec., health care, and high end commercial projects.
I am ONLY looking for projects estimated to be no longer than 10 years, no less than 5 years. Positions shall be tropical or exotic areas of the globe with neg. salaries. Climate should not be an issue. Extremely adaptable and flexible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (108) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

John Sohet in Singapore, Singapore

81 months ago

Hi,
I just finised my one your course as a construction electrician in Quebec, Canada. I am looking to start my career. I am trying to find work in australia or around. I am presently in Singapore, but here as an electrician ...ouf. So if anyone could help me out where to look, I would be grateful. I've learned everything from power lines to chips in circuit boards. If I have to, I will go back to Canada in an Alberta camp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Grewette in Farmington, Michigan

81 months ago

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand said: I am a electrical contractor in New Zealand. If you are interested in work in New zealad or Australia try looking on the following url seek.co.nz .This is a job agancy in NZ that lists jobs both in NZ and Aus . I know there is a shortage of good electricans in the mining and industrial fields in Australia and they are paying top dollar for sparkys . You could also try your local ADECCO employment agents " these folks are world wide and handle international jobs . I got work through them in Australia .

I am a master electrian in the United States. I have done residential, commercial, industrial, traffic signal and expressway lighting. If there is anything offered with these qualifications please e-mail me. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

s.w. in Mission Viejo, California

81 months ago

Are you working as an electrician in Singapore or just hangin' out? I just finished a 5 year program here in Cali. and interested in overseas work.

John Sohet in Singapore, Singapore said: Hi,
I just finised my one your course as a construction electrician in Quebec, Canada. I am looking to start my career. I am trying to find work in australia or around. I am presently in Singapore, but here as an electrician ...ouf. So if anyone could help me out where to look, I would be grateful. I've learned everything from power lines to chips in circuit boards. If I have to, I will go back to Canada in an Alberta camp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

socal sparky in Mission Viejo, California

81 months ago

Theres plenty of work in Iraq....awesome pay, paid leave including airfare @ destination of your choice..I prefer Thailand. check us out.

Markus Solvang in Hemet, California said: I am looking for information on well paying electrician jobs overseas or nationwide.I am a licensed contractor as well as a certified commercial journeyman in the state of california. I would be willing to relocate under the right circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (303) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Sohet in Singapore, Singapore

81 months ago

s.w. in Mission Viejo, California said: Are you working as an electrician in Singapore or just hangin' out? I just finished a 5 year program here in Cali. and interested in overseas work.

no I am not working, electricians make only $1600sg,$1000us, a month, so I am going to take a course to be a English or French teacher.
Ciao

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Responding to socal sparky, do you have any links or email contacts forwork in Thailand or Iraq? Check what out?

socal sparky in Mission Viejo, California said: Theres plenty of work in Iraq....awesome pay, paid leave including airfare @ destination of your choice..I prefer Thailand. check us out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

todd abraham in Lawton, Oklahoma

81 months ago

Just trying to find good paying overseas jobs I got 24 years exp. in everything from industrial to residential.I have worked in 43 states and 2 different countries doing control,high voltage,down to running pipe,calr tray and pulling the wire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Sohet in Singapore, Singapore

81 months ago

Hi.
I looked at your sites, but they only hire nz or pr, what can I do with just my canadian passeport?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

eric avery

81 months ago

I have a degree in HVAC and a master mech. lic. and master gas fitter lic., was in the residential electrical buisness for 3 years, and currently work in the distribution power field as a power equip. mech. for a rea coop. I am in charge of a pre maintenance on all power equip. (reclosers, regulators, and transformers) primary and secondary and all substation maintenance. I am looking for a job in the oil industry preferable offshore gulf of mexico.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jerrod L. Hornbeak in Zionsville, Indiana

80 months ago

I would love to travel to other countries and earn a living.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Kristofer M in Dawson Creek, British Columbia

80 months ago

Hello,

Is there any companies in New Zealand/Australia that is looking to apprentice me to be an Electrician? I live in Canada and willing to move.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Simes in Auckland, New Zealand

80 months ago

Dear Mr Patron,
Can you please contact me directly at jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz so we can discuss this further.
Thank you and regards,
Jonathan Simes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hi John,
Thank you for responding to my advertisement. Can you please contact me directly through... jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz.

Thank you
Jonathan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

John,
Can you please forward your cv through to jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz so i can get the ball rolling for you.

Regards,
Jonathan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jon O in Fort Worth, Texas

79 months ago

I am interested on electrical positions abroad. I recently completed a one year tour in Afghanistan with KBR. I am willing to return. I have 10+ years in the trade. I am an industrial / commercial electrician and am licensed in the great state of Texas.

Thank you,

Jon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jerrod L. Hornbeak in Indianapolis, Indiana

79 months ago

I am comprehendable of most electrical wiring schemes. So, as for railway signals, I have yet to acquire that on the job experience. I imagine that it is just as enthusiastically challenging as is the different facets of the electrical trade. If you are as interested in my capablities as I am in this possibility, then I hope to receive an application invitation from you very soon.

Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Jerrod,
There is no denying your enthusiasm but my client requires experienced staff at this stage sorry. But please feel free to send me a detailed CV if you would like me to keep it on file. I have openings for skilled electricians coming up all the time. How does that sound to you?

Regards,
JOnathan Simes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Cunningham in Belmar, New Jersey

79 months ago

Jonathan Simes in Auckland, New Zealand said: Jerrod,
There is no denying your enthusiasm but my client requires experienced staff at this stage sorry. But please feel free to send me a detailed CV if you would like me to keep it on file. I have openings for skilled electricians coming up all the time. How does that sound to you?

Regards,
JOnathan Simes

I am a fully qualified candidate. Please tell me how to contact you. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Jeff,
Contact me direct at jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz

Jeff Cunningham in Belmar, New Jersey

79 months ago

I know nothing about this. You'll have to look elsewhere. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Spokane, Washington

79 months ago

Jon O in Fort Worth, Texas said: I am interested on electrical positions abroad. I recently completed a one year tour in Afghanistan with KBR. I am willing to return. I have 10+ years in the trade. I am an industrial / commercial electrician and am licensed in the great state of Texas.

Thank you,

Jon

Jon,
can you give me an approx. number as to how much you make with them? How was it working for them, I myself am looking at them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

James M Anderson in windsor, Colorado

78 months ago

Twenty seven year old master electrician and a foreman for the last six years. I have had my hands on a wide range of electrical installations and help build an up and coming company. Would like to work overseas and have started the process to work in Afghanistan. It will take about a year to get all the clearances even with a prior clearance. I am interested in working in New Zealand or Antarctica ext...... please contact me at ataelectrical@gmail.com if interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jordan golden in douglasville, Georgia

78 months ago

i am a licensed wireman and very much wanting to work overseas asap any info please contact me at jgolden62279@yahoo.com. dont prefer the mid east for the obvious reasons. any info on how to get the process started is much appreciated , i have already contacted adecco waiting to hear back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JORDAN GOLDEN in Hiram, Georgia

78 months ago

nick in Twin Falls, Idaho said: ticket in shoe makes stinky foot

I AM AN IBEW MEMEBER AS WELL OUT OF 728 FT. LAUDEREDALE FL HOW DID YOU HEAR OF THE JOB THE FIRST TIME

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Nick, Jesse and Jordan.
Please email me directly to:

jonandronelle@orcon.net.nz.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Omaha, Nebraska

78 months ago

I have 12+ years electrical experience. I am a journeyman. most of my experience is commercial/industrial. Been a electrical maintenance supervisor and a job site foreman. I would like to see what options over seas there are or any other options.
Please email me directly:
weaverm74@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JORDAN GOLDEN in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

not hearing much about overseas jobs so far but if anyone wants to make some good money come to vegas work is booming about 15-30 calls a day minimum going out plus show calls for convetnions put out alot of people all calls going to book 2 daily just about. if your ibew this is good place for a brother to hang out and make some decent money. cost of living pretty cheap also

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Myriam in Spokane, Washington

78 months ago

My husband called them and talked to them, they are Non-Union and only pay about $17/hrs. you would only make about $80,000/year. We are in Moses Lake, WA and lots of Union Jobs with IBEW 191 available. Jobs are great here right now and he is making more than that at the moment, not worth risking your life. Plus no retirement and health insurance paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

timothy wood ii in glen st. mary, Florida

78 months ago

al in Lincoln, Nebraska said: I am ibew. Heard about a brother working in bagdad who made a ton. I am interested but dont know how to get the ball rolling. Help please!

forgot to type my email, sorry. its massconfusion.wood@yahoo.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jordan golden in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

timothy from 177 the right time to get out to vegas is when they have a trade show going on. im here right now got in wednesday night on the 14 i think it was signed the book thursday morning at #555 and just missed getting out the same day i got out friday ut its a short call for the show but its quick easy money looking at bout $1500 just for 3 days gross. they tell you 3 weeks minium to get out but like i said the show put out over 400 men sometimes. basically you have to watch the books and call the jobline or look online at there site and see at waht position the calls went to. little tip though the longer you wait the more and more people are going to be in front of you. for more info call me at 770-869-5814

gordon mcrobb in Whitehorse, Yukon

78 months ago

I'm interested in becoming an electrician, however, i've considered becoming a heavy-duty mechanic as well as a pipe fitter, could anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages for these trades? I'm having a tough time deciding which of these three would best suit me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

GM

78 months ago

There tends to be more work for electricians than pipe fitters. Looking around the jobs I've been on, there's been several electricians for every pipe fitter, and the demand just keeps growing. The opportunities for travel seem to be better than most other trades. It's a good balance between physical and mental work. Electricians have a lot of opportunities to start their own shops. I can't really compare it to being a heavy mechanic, because I know very little about the trade. I do know there were 2 ex-mechanics in my apprenticeship class, so I suppose they felt it was a better career.

If you decide to do it, I recommend going through the IBEW and becoming a commercial/industrial electrician. I did a little non-union residential before I got in the union, and it's not nearly as good a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

timothy wood ii in Jacksonville, Florida

78 months ago

jordan, i appreciate your timely response. from what you've said so far, i think i may be headin to vegas! i'll call you in a day or two, i have a few questioms for you. i got a few odd jobs lined up to make some cash for now. thanks again, ttyl

nick in Twin Falls, Idaho

78 months ago

all three of those career choices would be challenging and educational. but, if you think about long-term career options for these, one will stand out as a wiser choice, i think.
the electrical trade offers much diversity in terms of what you'll be doing in twenty years. you may be young and physically healthy now, but do you want to be working under large vehicles when your fifty, or pipefitting?
there are many opportunities within the electrical industry such as CAD drawing, estimating, fire alarm programming, security, engineering or systems design, teaching, PLC, other controls and interfaces, fiber optics, telecommunications, structured cabling system, instrumentation, and alot more.
if you have the opportunity to persue a union apprenticeship, that is your best bet. most of what i mentioned above is available more readily by being an IBEW member. the benefits,i.e; retirement, pension, annuity, medical insurance, educational and job resources are absolutely unmatched.
i hope this info is helpful in your decision making process. good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JOSH in Davidsonville, Maryland

77 months ago

I'm a Local 26 union member,i just graduated the apprenticeship and would like to know if their are opportunities to work overseas as a union electrician for a union company from here in the states, (im just tryin to keep workin with that benifits package we get,and not have any break in sevice).,i know that there are companies but am havin a hard time findin them, id like to work in western eurpoe like ireland or scottland or england or something. I am 27 and have been doin this since i was 18 i am very dedicated and determined.
can anyone help a union bro. thanx

Jeff in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Jonathan Simes in Auckland, New Zealand said: I am currently seeking fully qualified railway signal electricians/technicians for employment in Australia. We can help you with work visa's (if neccesary)and all relevant paperwork to to ensure a smooth transition into the job.This is a high paying job with other benifits also offered. Please respond to this posting if this sounds like you.
Regards,
Jonathan

To whom it may concern;
I have over 26yrs in the electrical field from all manner of construction to troubleshooting. If I can be of any assistance please email me for more information. Thank you.

Jeff in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Myriam in Spokane, Washington said: My husband called them and talked to them, they are Non-Union and only pay about $17/hrs. you would only make about $80,000/year. We are in Moses Lake, WA and lots of Union Jobs with IBEW 191 available. Jobs are great here right now and he is making more than that at the moment, not worth risking your life. Plus no retirement and health insurance paid.

I am also an IBEW member out of 861 Lake Charles La. Does Washington State require a state license? I would like to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Jeff in Houston, Texas said: I am also an IBEW member out of 861 Lake Charles La. Does Washington State require a state license? I would like to work there.

Yeah, WA requires a license. As mentioned above there are several reciprocal states, but it doesn't look like yours is one of them.

I know there was some talk of letting IBEW folks transfer into our apprenticeship after Katrina, and if you know enough you can test out to skip some or all of our 5 years of school, but you'll still need 8000 hours to work as a journeyman, and hours worked in non-reciprocal states don't count. On the bright side, stating apprentice wages in Local 46 are over $18.

Here's an IBEW informational link www.ibew46.org/documents/LNI_Navigation.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jordan in Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

kbr is another extension of haliburton which is just about ran by yes the dick himself dick cheney, if you want to make his pockets fatter the go ahead and work for them but i was contacted by them alos and they only offered the most $84,000 for the year and you work just about 7/12's for bout 3 months straight and they will match plane ticket home up to the first $800.00. and no they do not pay any benefits that a normal union member working in the states would get so you pretty much are on your own out there, no representation at all. i could work nonunion not that i would and work that many hours in the states and make that much and not worry about getting killed by some iraqi. best bet is just hit the road and you could make in the upwards of $90-$100,000 for the year as a union memeber. lets support america and our troops not the dumbasses who got our troops there in the first place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Thanks Jordan for the note I agree with you about the Dick. Back in 04 when all the travelers were comming home and they had killed the economy I went to Iraq rather than work for the rat at home. I lived directly with the solders and kept there lights on and there ac running as best as I could. Our people in uniform had very few comforts as these were not the megga camps and they were not there by choice but were sent.
I don't agree with most politics but I would go back again for the solders. If I can let me put this into words. You will never come home from any job with a greater feeling of satisfaction Knowing you didn't talk about how tuff it must be for those solders but you put your hand to the plow and made a difference, with your knollage of the trade, your sweat and your hands. It tells those solders that are in harms way yes I do care.
I do hope no one is afended by my note. Jeff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

James Anderson Local 68 in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

JORDAN GOLDEN in Las Vegas, Nevada said: not hearing much about overseas jobs so far but if anyone wants to make some good money come to vegas work is booming about 15-30 calls a day minimum going out plus show calls for convetnions put out alot of people all calls going to book 2 daily just about. if your ibew this is good place for a brother to hang out and make some decent money. cost of living pretty cheap also

Just got my traveling papers the other day and heading to Vegas. Need a little help with where to stay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

im staying in shelter island apartments, nothing fancy, one bedroom or studio apartment, furnished, full kitchen, tell them your are ibew they give you first week for $215 then 199 every week following. its located on twain and swenson, alot of ibew brothers are staying here. proximately 2 miles from the strip and 7 miles from the hall. majority of work is near strip. sign the books asap resign was just last wednesday, sign in at 8 am till 4:30 pm dispatch is at 8:30 am

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

owen in Dublin, Ireland

77 months ago

hello fellow sparks,just moved back to ireland from england,no work here its all crashed,eveyone being let go,dont want to return 2 england,been there done that,16 years experience,anyone know of any work abroad?did australia b4 loved it,can anyone help?norway,iraq,nz anywhere considered!thanks for ur time lads,stay safe,owen from dublin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tm bryant in Poole, United Kingdom

77 months ago

hi there i was jus w0nderin what m0ney i c0uld earn w0rkin in iraq as fully qualified electrician fr0m the uk??..and h0w w0uld i g0 ab0ut d0ing it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

its tax free after you made $100k or so in the states there are many things that they dont tell you and you find out later after you are already there make sure you read all the fine print. kbr figured out how to get third party nationals to do the jobs also or else usually its in the range of
$100k-$150k with most companies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.