Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are typical electronics technician salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

tara in Dallas, TX

102 months ago

could pay more then 10.00 a hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dewey in Moscow, Iowa

95 months ago

I've seen ranges anywhere from $8 per hour to $40 an hour. It all depends on experience and skill. Absolutely some companies pay better than others! In order to get in the top pay scales, you first need to specialize - avionics and biomed are two good ones that come to mind. Most of all though, you will need experience, so don't be afraid to take a lower paying job at first to get experience, then move elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

721 in Allen, Texas

92 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Neenah, Wisconsin

89 months ago

I started at $15/hr, with Motorola. Over 65k now, as a Technician Supervisor, with a medical electronics manufacturer.

Scott Kelley in Petoskey, Michigan

88 months ago

Experiance will determine that. But what i have always found, no matter what...if you are a field tech or bench..your employer can charge anywhere from 75 to 300 an hour for your services while they are paying you XX for your time. The average commisioned bench tech will charge 100 a billed hour. I have been in the commisioned area for years and have made up to 300 an hour. If you climb...hello...bigger bucks. Take a look at the new energy area...that is where i am heading and am self teaching...through the internet...to become a qualified PV Tech...I think this is an interesting field..that will grow because the consumer will demand it.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.