las vegas schools

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (47)

skin in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

hi guys! i'm torn between the aveda institute of las vegas, ethan taylor, and euphoria. if anybody knows anything about these schools or any other good schools out here for the esti program please help!
many thanks,
mari~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Licensed Aesthetician in Las Vegas, Nevada

73 months ago

skin in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi guys! i'm torn between the aveda institute of las vegas, ethan taylor, and euphoria. if anybody knows anything about these schools or any other good schools out here for the esti program please help!
many thanks,
mari~

Aloha Mari!
I am a licensed Aesthetician. I highly recommend Aveda Institute of Las Vegas. They have prepared me very well for my state board written as well as clinical test. I have passed both tests with over 90%. The school does have a few minor down falls but every school does. The teachers did an awesome job. Hope that helps

Mahalo, Lindelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

questions in Las Vegas, Nevada

70 months ago

Did you pick a school yet? What one? Are you happy with your choice? I can't figure out which one I want to go to either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wendy1 in Las Vegas, Nevada

69 months ago

Hi I am needing a Milady 10th edition book Does anybody have one I can buy cheaper? Thanks Wendy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Notorious KSG in Las Vegas, Nevada

69 months ago

Try the G Skin & Beauty Institute! The teachers are great and it is such a positive environment. Plus they have different product demonstrators that come in all the time for advanced certifications. It is accredited and has flexible schedules. I love it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ali p in Henderson, Nevada

68 months ago

Still trying to decide between Aveda or Euphoria aesthetician program! I want a broad spectrum of education! Anyone have any advice??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aveda Graduate in Las Vegas, Nevada

68 months ago

Aloha. My name is Lindelle. I would highly recommend Aveda Institute. I graduated from there at the top of my class and aced the written as well as Hands On exam. The school really helped prepare me for this. The school does 3 mock board exams during the course in which they simulate the state exam exactly. They help you organize your Esty Kit that you will need to take to the exam as well. If you are not into the whole all natural eco friendly lifestyle you may not like the school because they are all about conservation, eco- awareness. I hope this helps.

Mahalo, Lindelle

Mari in Las Vegas, Nevada

67 months ago

Aveda Graduate in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Aloha. My name is Lindelle. I would highly recommend Aveda Institute. I graduated from there at the top of my class and aced the written as well as Hands On exam. The school really helped prepare me for this. The school does 3 mock board exams during the course in which they simulate the state exam exactly. They help you organize your Esty Kit that you will need to take to the exam as well. If you are not into the whole all natural eco friendly lifestyle you may not like the school because they are all about conservation, eco- awareness. I hope this helps.

Mahalo, Lindelle

Lindelle,
Thankyou for responding:) Your comment really helped. I'll be starting the Esti Program @ Aveda in July! Just curious...how did you go about financing your tuition? And, did you find a job right away?

Thankyou,
Mari~

67 months ago

Lindelle,
What were the downfalls for Aveda?, and did you have difficulty finding a job because Aveda has more of the hollistic approach as opposed to microdermabrasion, and other abbrasive techniques.

Mari~

67 months ago

Are there any of you who know about the Ethan Talyor School...as far as I'm concerned the school is new to LV and the Director is great?

Mari~

67 months ago

Notorious KSG in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Try the G Skin & Beauty Institute! The teachers are great and it is such a positive environment. Plus they have different product demonstrators that come in all the time for advanced certifications. It is accredited and has flexible schedules. I love it!

Thanyou I'll check it out:)
Mari~

67 months ago

ali p in Henderson, Nevada said: I too am trying to decide between Aveda and Euphoria ?? I heard from someone online that Aveda basically just teaches aveda products and not much else! ie..machinery etc.. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not?Does anyone know??

If you call Aveda and speak to the coordinators(ask for Jessica...she is so friendly and will answer all of your questions to the best of her knowledge) she will say that Aveda is geared more toward the hollisic method but is not opposed to teaching their students about the machinery that are involved in the esti industry...from time to time speakers will go in and introduce different types of machinery to the students...she also mentions that when you are hired they will teach you how to use their machines anyway...hope that helps:)

Mari~

67 months ago

questions in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Did you pick a school yet? What one? Are you happy with your choice? I can't figure out which one I want to go to either.

I did research on most of the well known Esti schools here in LV...Euphoria, Marinello, Ethan Allen...etc, and I also called managers of highend salons to get their input as well... and I've come to the conclusion that Aveda would be the best school for me.

When and if you decide to call Aveda ask for Jessica...she is so friendly and will be more than happy to answer your questions. You should go and visit the school as well...it's really nice.

Good Luck!

Mari~

bettina in Las Vegas, Nevada

66 months ago

Hi-If anybody knows anything about Destination Academy school send me mess, please help! Thanks

Violet in North Las Vegas, Nevada

66 months ago

What do you guys think of Marinello?

66 months ago

Violet in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: What do you guys think of Marinello?

Henderson?

Violet in North Las Vegas, Nevada

66 months ago

No, Vegas :)

66 months ago

Violet in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: No, Vegas :)

I'm thinking to take esthetician class at the Marinello, (4451 E Sunset Rd) or Destination Academy , I'm not sure yet, If anybody knows anything about these schools please let me know.thanks

66 months ago

What do you guys think of Destination Academy???

newhomesnewton in Boulder City, Nevada

64 months ago

Hi Guys-

I have decided to go to school for cosmetology focusing on hair. I can't decide between the following three accredited schools:
Marinello in Henderson, Aveda or Academy of Hair Design.

Marinello because of their very high job placement percentage but am concerned about their almost $3,000 higher price than Aveda.

Aveda is great and I like their products but I am concerned my training is focused only towards Aveda. I don't see myself in an Aveda salon in the future.

My research found that the Academy of Hair Design has the best color program using Redkin products.
Tuition is expensive and money is VERY tight so I want to make the right choice. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks-
J

KatieLynn9227 in Crystal Lake, Illinois

62 months ago

newhomesnewton in Boulder City, Nevada said: Hi Guys-

I have decided to go to school for cosmetology focusing on hair. I can't decide between the following three accredited schools:
Marinello in Henderson, Aveda or Academy of Hair Design.

Marinello because of their very high job placement percentage but am concerned about their almost $3,000 higher price than Aveda.

Aveda is great and I like their products but I am concerned my training is focused only towards Aveda. I don't see myself in an Aveda salon in the future.

My research found that the Academy of Hair Design has the best color program using Redkin products.
Tuition is expensive and money is VERY tight so I want to make the right choice. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks-
J

I'm also thinking of going to Aveda but I can't seem to find the tuition estimate for that school, I was curious if you had an idea?

Wendy in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

Just worry about getting your hours. Where ever you find a job, They will train you...promise!

micliz2000@cox.net in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

are there any esthetician jobs out there? i'm thinking about leaving my current job so i can go to school.

Wendy in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

You can really go into many different feilds. I would say go for it! Go to school and you will always have the license. There are jobs out there always hiring make-up and skin care.

Puzzled

61 months ago

Get to the point people!! WHAT DO THESE DIFERENT SCHOOLS CHARGE???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

Puzzled said: Get to the point people!! WHAT DO THESE DIFERENT SCHOOLS CHARGE???

I spoke with Academy of Hair Design and their cosmetology program is $17K! Does anyone know how much any of the other schools cosmetology programs are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Newhomesnewton in Boulder City, Nevada

59 months ago

Aveda charges $18K for tuiton into their cosmetology program. I started in November and I would highly recommened them!

Roseann in Henderson, Nevada

59 months ago

G Skin esthetics is about $10K. You learn all the chemical peels, machinery, & holistic...(everything)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mehlinnie in Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

I am trying to go to school for cosmetology, but i can't seem to decide between aveda and marinello or any other places. I'm swaying towards aveda but i'm sure whether they offer hair extensions training as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mehlinnie in Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

Newhomesnewton in Boulder City, Nevada said: Aveda charges $18K for tuiton into their cosmetology program. I started in November and I would highly recommened them!

do they teach hair extensions in that program?

ghalya in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

I am looking to go to G Skin institute - does anyone know how much the esti program is... any help would be great - I also spoke with Jessica @ Aveda & am interested in touring their school... anybody know how much their esti program is? thanks for any help...

mc in Salem, Oregon

56 months ago

ghalya in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am looking to go to G Skin institute - does anyone know how much the esti program is... any help would be great - I also spoke with Jessica @ Aveda & am interested in touring their school... anybody know how much their esti program is? thanks for any help...

I am a licensed aesthetician who graduated for the Aveda Institute less than a year ago. I highly recommend this school! In my opinion it is the best school in town! The teachers are great and you will be well prepared for the state board exams. Tuition is 10K but they have financial aide for those who qualify. Go and tour the school and you'll see what I mean.

About G skin...I have'nt heard anything about them.

hope this helps...

Est student in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

G skin teaches more advanced treatments, like working with machines and chemical peels. (at Aveda it is all holistic).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Est student in Las Vegas, Nevada said: G skin teaches more advanced treatments, like working with machines and chemical peels. (at Aveda it is all holistic).

In your opinion - is that a negative? this is so new to me - I am looking to change careers & I am trying to make the best decision :) - thanks!

56 months ago

mc in Salem, Oregon said: I am a licensed aesthetician who graduated for the Aveda Institute less than a year ago. I highly recommend this school! In my opinion it is the best school in town! The teachers are great and you will be well prepared for the state board exams. Tuition is 10K but they have financial aide for those who qualify. Go and tour the school and you'll see what I mean.

About G skin...I have'nt heard anything about them.

hope this helps...

YES, it does - thanks a lot! Hopefully, I will be able to meet with them this week... Has having an Aveda education, in your opinion made a difference... I was told by another that it did not matter where you learned - what mattered were the courses you took after... she said all education was pretty basic???

Est student in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

No, it is not a negative, but when paying for my education, I want to learn everything that I can, that is available. I want to be able to work with all lines and equipment when I am in the field.

misohappy in Henderson, Nevada

56 months ago

I am planning on going to the Paul Mitchell School for the full cosmetology track in Las Vegas. Does anyone have any feedback.

Kitty in Las Vegas, Nevada

52 months ago

misohappy in Henderson, Nevada said: I am planning on going to the Paul Mitchell School for the full cosmetology track in Las Vegas. Does anyone have any feedback.

Hi Misohappy- You may have already chosen your school. I think Paul Mitchell's hair training is supposed to be quite good, but do be aware that there is a strong "culture" there that they like to promote, sometimes above and beyond course material. Some people love it, but sometimes they will choose a culture activity over teaching what you came to learn.

Coso Student in Ville Platte, Louisiana

46 months ago

I too am searching for the best school to attend and Aveda is on my list but I need to know if it is the best school for me to attend. Someone ask the question " Do they teach hair extensions at Aveda" and there was no response. if there is anyone that can answer that question please let us know.

Thanks

krashin2moi in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

I have toured both the Aveda Institute and the Euphoria Institute this past week 3-9-11 and am looking into the Esthetics program. I too am confused as to where to go. Help!!!!! I found them both to be very different. Aveda is focused on the Aveda product while teaching a basic aromatherapy facial. Euphoria teaches all different types of facial, collagen, aromatherpay, basic facial, hydratng facials, roller machine waxing, Body Wraps, Holistic Facials, training on the Galvanic machine, bleaching, full body waxing etc.... It seems to me that Aveda is limited in Esthetics where as euphoria has a plethora of different things I would learn. Anybody have any thoughts or comments. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystell in Las Vegas, Nevada

45 months ago

I just took a tour at Aveda and AHD. I am leanig towards more AHD. I am in the military and once a month I drill on sat and sun? I want to be in a Esthetics program. Can anyone tell me what school they went to? what it is like? and what school would you recommand? I want to look into Euphoria because it is really close to my house. what do you guys think? thank you:)

Max in Las Vegas, Nevada

36 months ago

Coso Student in Ville Platte, Louisiana said: I too am searching for the best school to attend and Aveda is on my list but I need to know if it is the best school for me to attend. Someone ask the question " Do they teach hair extensions at Aveda" and there was no response. if there is anyone that can answer that question please let us know.

Thanks

They do not teach hair extensions at Aveda or Euphoria. They do teach hair extensions at Marinello's, I get my hair done there. :)

Max in Las Vegas, Nevada

36 months ago

***Anyone attend Euphoria in Henderson or Aveda in Las Vegas? I am trying to decide between Euphoria or Aveda for skin care. Thank you.***

Jennolaus in Las Vegas, Nevada

34 months ago

KatieLynn9227 in Crystal Lake, Illinois said: I'm also thinking of going to Aveda but I can't seem to find the tuition estimate for that school, I was curious if you had an idea?

Its about 21,00 for cosmo and about 16,000 for esti at aveda las vegas.

34 months ago

If any of you were still looking for prices. I know that Aveda is about 21,000 for cosmo and about 16,000 for esti in las vegas nv

34 months ago

They do teach extensions, acrylic and gel nails at AVEDA Institute in las vegas nv. They have to teach it so you can pass the exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

copper2steel in Las Vegas, Nevada

8 months ago

I currently attend the esti program at marinello in Henderson. I hate it there. I am thinking of transferring to Aveda but I have no idea how that works. Does anyone have any info? I have a student loan for Marinello... does anyone know if that can be transferred to a different school? I have over half the required hours.

Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.