What are typical facilities coordinator salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Portland, Oregon

89 months ago

I am sure some other companies pay more than others. It all depends on the comapny. I think a top earner makes probably close to $18.00 or 19.00 a hour. I am new at this position and i would like some input from other facilities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brandi

87 months ago

I have just recently started a Facility Coordinator Position. The position entails my responsibilites in overseeing 2 seperate sites for the same company - I was hired on as part-time and only at 12.00 an hour. Had I known what this job entailed, I might have thought twice about the pay rate. I love the job - but the pay is terrible. What is the average pay for this type of position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Hudson, Massachusetts

87 months ago

$29.00 at the moment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandi

87 months ago

The person in the position prior to me had been with the company for 17 years and was full=time. When I took the position, they told me that it would be part-time b/c they had released some of the responsibilities from the position (I can't imagine how busy I would be with more than I have!!) anyway - I am getting bogged with facility issues, which I am ok with, but I just don't feel that I am being compensated enough. Are there any suggestions as to whether or not I should ask for a raise? I have only been in this position for a little over a month....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Dublin, Ireland

83 months ago

I am a Facility Management graduate but never gotten a job in this field. Would be nice to chat to people that are currently doing this type of work! The pay here in Dublin isn't that great neither: average 26K per annum. I am due to have an interview next Tuesday so if you have any advice for me please do respond!
Have a nice day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

79 months ago

I have been in the business for decades typically a coordinator should earn about 36K per year while a Facilities Manager can expect 75K to 125k per year depending on the area of management

Residential LOW LOW LOW no respect I speak from experience
12 to 15 dollars per hour regardless of size

Commercial Much better to 55K and up [to about 80K] depending on size of property

Industrial depends on size and purpose 75 to 125K
you skill base is critical to the position, type and experience
Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

Vanessa in Portland, Oregon said: I am sure some other companies pay more than others. It all depends on the comapny. I think a top earner makes probably close to $18.00 or 19.00 a hour. I am new at this position and i would like some input from other facilities.

In CA with one year experience $20/Hr. With two years experience $25.00/Hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marisela in Beaverton, Oregon

78 months ago

Your right it all does depend on the Company. I live in Southern California and through the Company I work for now i am really being underpaid. I have been doing this for more than one year and i don't even make more than $17.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Daisy in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

omg i have been a facilities coordinator for 3 years now and i have only received 1 raise and im at 15 an hour...im looking but havent found anything good yet. HELP!

Tony in Irvine, California

72 months ago

Everyone is saying the same thing. You all are underpaid in this very demanding position. One should be making at the very minumum $20.00 per hour. If you like your line of work, search for a better paying company. Don't get stuck and work for 5, 7, 10, 15 or even 20 years and still be underpaid. I left my first company after 7 years and now make $6 more an hour. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bizzyguy in Ashland, Oregon

72 months ago

I'm a Facilities Coordinator for a school district. It's a LOT of work and demands. A LOT of stress. I've been in construction for 20 years. 2nd year on this job, $65K plus full bennies. My position is actually two jobs: 1) Maintenance Director and 2) Facilities Coordinator. I'm also expected to be the working foreman of the union maintenance personnel. This department has been cut by 2/3 in 15 years. Buildings are full of problems. BIG problems. Personnel don't like pulling the extra load and will not.I'm expected to perform miracles. Like I said above: a lot of stress. This position should pay more, at least as much as a vice principal if not full principal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LMG in Moorpark, California

71 months ago

Brandi said: I have just recently started a Facility Coordinator Position. The position entails my responsibilites in overseeing 2 seperate sites for the same company - I was hired on as part-time and only at 12.00 an hour. Had I known what this job entailed, I might have thought twice about the pay rate. I love the job - but the pay is terrible. What is the average pay for this type of position?

12.00 is a horrible price. I would start looking. Although I am in CA, average for the position is 20 and above. i have been doing this for a long time an dmake approx 25 an hour

Corazon in Richmond, British Columbia

69 months ago

Ralph in Hudson, Massachusetts said: $29.00 at the moment.

Hi, i am working in an IT facilities and a top commercial real state however they dont give this high. You are so furtunate did you ask for a raised or this is the right salary for cooridnator?

architect4uladies in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

38.91 currently. All depends on your experience

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.