The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about file clerk work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Well, I am just a part time file clerk, but thats all that my office needs. I enjoy the flexable hours, and the work is physicaly easy. The hardest part is all the work that they give me to do, in a short amnount of time. There is alot to remember, and it becomes fustrateing at times with all of the files you must manage. But it is also a way of helping people, eventhough it is in the smallest way you still made it possable for someone to come to an appointment and get help for what the need help for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Livonia, Michigan

16 months ago

I am a full time file clerk at a car dealership and I have been doing this job for 5 months almost 6. I would say what I enjoy most about the job is that I am mostly left alone most of the day to get the filing done. It works for me because I do not my mind not having constant interaction with customers or employees. That might not work for everyone and in fact a lot of my coworkers say that they wouldn't be able to do the job I do. I think what I dislike the most about my job is the amount of paperwork that needs to be done. I have a lot of backlog because they didn't find anyone to replace the person before me for several months. It is also frustrating when I can not find a file that needs to be found because either it was misplaced or lost because of one reason or another. As for challenging I think that it is because I was never truly trained to do the job I was verbally told how things are done and never shown how. Besides the very limited verbal direction, I have made a system that works for me entirely from scratch. I think that there are opportunities to learn in any job and in this job I have learned to be independent and how to keep myself on task. I feel it is important to be self driven especially if there is no one around to direct you. As far as advancement goes I'm not certain when I will get a promotion. What keeps me going is the pay and it is certainly better than other jobs I have had in the past.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.