Experience & Job Duties

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

jsandhu in Branford, Connecticut

20 months ago

I've been trying to get a job as a financial analyst since i graduated college in may 2012. Before now i had no experience of any sorts when it came to finance. I have recently obtained a job as a Revenue Agent (Tax Collector) for the state. Would the experience i am getting here be relevant to a financial analyst or am i just wasting my time? Also what are some of the job duties of a financial analyst (day to day? Do companies offer training or are you just thrown in? Thanks for the help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zaina in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

8 months ago

I face the same situation, can any expert people answer us plz !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Accountant/Finance Analyst in Chantilly, Virginia

6 months ago

Hey Everyone,

If you are trying to get your foot in the door for a position such as a Financial Analyst you should consider the Jr. positions available that are s*** work, but get your foot in the door. Unless you have some great connections that can get you your ideal position, that is your best bet. Another route is if you have an accounting degree, work as a staff accountant for a couple years, and then transition over to an FA position. That is what I have done and you would be shocked by the demand for those with knowledge of accounting and an understanding of finance.

Jsandhu, have you had any luck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Georgeo Frazer in Chesterfield, Missouri

1 month ago

Where do you even look to find a Junior Analyst position? I have been on the prowl for quite a while and have not seen any junior analyst positions available...Highly considering walking in the front door of one of these major institutions and going to the top floor to demand an interview of some sort. I am not sure if my resume is week or what. I just don't hear anything back when I apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.