firefighter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

phillip in Mayfield, Kentucky

55 months ago

i am volenteer firefighter i have 12hours left to be 150 certified how do i get a paid job doing what i love on a paid fire department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tower Co 51 in Glendale, Kentucky

55 months ago

First off, dont plan on stopping at 150 or 400 hours for that matter, Keep training, the day we as firefighters know too much is the day we should quit. I would reccommend taking your IFSAC I & II and EMT at least, your not going to get hired at any department worth being at unless you have those. Work on your Haz-Mat Ops or Tech and the number one thing to do is to get in shape or make sure you stay there. The CPAT is required at most departments and if Im not mistaken at all departments in KY now, so being in good shape is a big deal.

Just look around, posisitons come open sometimes, but your gonna need to be on top of your competition.

I know it sounds like alot, but remember if your family was in a bad situation you want someone with the highest most up to date training possible helping them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

firefighter french in Flavin, France

31 months ago

hello,
my name is Benjamin I have 27 years
I am a firefighter french I do not speak very good English but I would like to discuss with American Fire
I am in awe of the pictures of your truck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.