Hawaiian Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 3618)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

chawlee in Huntington Beach, California

49 months ago

i recently saw that Hawaiian Airlines is now hiring! I think it'd be amazing to live in and work in and out of Honolulu! Has anyone heard any news of when interviews will take place? training? pay scales? scheduling? and what its like? who's going to be applying?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (216) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Kyla in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

chawlee in Huntington Beach, California said: i recently saw that Hawaiian Airlines is now hiring! I think it'd be amazing to live in and work in and out of Honolulu! Has anyone heard any news of when interviews will take place? training? pay scales? scheduling? and what its like? who's going to be applying?

That would be a nice job to do. I wonder if they fly you out for the interviews and OH or not. From what I'm reading on the site the training is unpaid, unless they compensate you for food or housing. And it looks like I won't be able to apply cause of the language requirement :(
Fluency in English with ability to also speak fluently in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Ilocano, or Korean for Language Qualified Positions.
Oh well.. still on the wait with those other airlines! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Rubybaby in San Diego, California

49 months ago

Ami, thanks for the info. I was planning on applying for the position, but theres's just no way I could afford to fly there & back, not only once, but TWICE :( What a bummer...(sigh) Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Island Girl in Rosemead, California

49 months ago

I wonder how expensive it is to live in Hawaii

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hilo in West New York, New Jersey

49 months ago

any Hawaiian FA on the house? we need info. plls! thnks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

Rubybaby in San Diego, California said: Ami, thanks for the info. I was planning on applying for the position, but theres's just no way I could afford to fly there & back, not only once, but TWICE :( What a bummer...(sigh) Good luck to you!

you're very welcome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

Island Girl in Rosemead, California said: I wonder how expensive it is to live in Hawaii

yes, it's too expensive.
studio $900~ 1br $1500~
w/security
even old building, far and not fancy.

1gal milk was $7 last year. $4.99 avarage now yay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

Minimum Requirements

• Will abide and be accountable to all Federal Air Regulations and security procedures
• Able to provide industry leading customer service in accordance with Hawaiian Airlines standards
• Ability to execute in a service-oriented fashion all In-Flight Services
• Must be customer service focused and have demonstrated a strong customer service work ethic
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must be emotionally resilient to cope with emergencies and traumatic situations
• Projects a friendly, confident, and pleasing personality
• Displays a professional image
• No visible tattoos
• Able to work as a team player in an unsupervised environment
• Possesses a Winning Attitude
• Ability to meet rigorous physical duty requirements including pushing and pulling up to 150 lbs
• Must have a vertical reach of 80”
• Vision correctable to 20/50 or better
• Fluency in English and the ability to speak fluently in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Ilocano, or Korean for Language Qualified Positions
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor to above the shoulder height
• Must be able to attend a 6 week unpaid training program in Honolulu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

Island Girl in Rosemead, California said: And how well they pay...

$12 - $15 per flight hour?
I saw this at some forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

I'm wondering how important this other language thing;

• Fluency in English and the ability to speak fluently in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Ilocano, or Korean for Language Qualified Positions

anybody know this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii said: $12 - $15 per flight hour?
I saw this at some forums.

sorry I posted wrong info.
it's gonna be $19 per flight hour for the first 6 month according to current HA employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

caroleinsba in Santa Barbara, California

49 months ago

Does anyone know if Hawaiian has flight attendant bases other than just Honolulu? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dom in Louisville, Kentucky

49 months ago

They have a base in LAX but it's SUUUUUUUPER senior. Don't count on getting LAX unelss there's a flight attendant that wants to transfer to HNL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

blue clear ocean and white sand in West Des Moines, Iowa

49 months ago

Hello Everyone Has Anyone Heard Anything from Hawaiian Airlines After Applying Yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

blue clear ocean and white sand in West Des Moines, Iowa said: Hello Everyone Has Anyone Heard Anything from Hawaiian Airlines After Applying Yet

no not yet...

I hope everyone get an email for interview/OH soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmrs in Altadena, California

49 months ago

I sent my app in on 3/30 ... still waiting to hear too ... so anxious! Good luck to everyone who applied!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

I've just got an email!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

ami ~ congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hawaiian Hopeful in Colorado

49 months ago

Hello Everyone! I am just wondering if anyone knows anything more about the interview process? I know that it will be a group interview but not much else. Does any one know if it is a one or two day interview? And what kind of flight benifits they offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

kmrs in Altadena, California said: ami ~ congrats!

thanks!!! I don't know what to do??
I'll get a new suit. pants or skirt??

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

49 months ago

HPN in Port Chester, New York said: Just got an email from them too, however, they only have interviews this Saturday and the fares to/from New York are extremely expensive! This might be an advantage as most from the mainland cannot afford to go and, thus, less competition. My other concern is that I heard they don't pay for accommodations during training?? I find this hard to believe especially in one of the most expensive states in the nation. Still debating though......

I think they are really aiming for the local population....and Honolulu is a one million plus place....I know they don't have to cast their net wide at all.

49 months ago

did you look at the pictures of the FAs on their website (look at every single picture you can on the website)....as the proverb goes, a picture says a thousand words. A few pictures say a few thousand words more. :)

amill in Loganville, Georgia

49 months ago

i got my invite the only problen with them is they do multi interviews and the lodging during training not provided might as well rent a place asa you land????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Can someone please answer this question: I notice that the airline is affirmative action and I see only Pacific Islanders in the pictures...does the airline hire overwhelmingly from this group? (I am hearing that that is true from people who live in HNL). Maybe they want to cultivate a certain tourist image. Thanks for any information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Monica712 in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

Got my invite for the interview this Saturday...but not sure if I can afford to live in Honolulu for very long??? Does anyone know for sure what the starting salary is or what their guarantee is per month? $19/block hour is really not enough to support living on the island!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Blustream28 in Broomfield, Colorado

49 months ago

I got the email for the interview on Saturday too. I presume that I have to buy my own ticket to HNL? I already got hired by Skywest, just wondering if Hawaiian Air pays more than Skywest does?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Monica712 in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

Hey Bluestream...I have a couple of friends that recently went to work for Skywest and they LOVE it!! They fly a lot,hardly ever have to sit on reserve. Skywest is a great company, and I'm sure Hawaiian is too, but the cost of living would be much more reasonable with Skywest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hawaiian Hopeful in Colorado

49 months ago

Bluestream, I am a current Skywest F/A and I was also invited to the Hawaiian interview. I love Skywest but have always wanted to work for Hawaiian. I am now not sure if making a change will be better for me. I am not on reserve and am sitting very comfortable at Skywest. It would be nice to know more information about pay and benifits before going all the way out to HNL for the interview. And yes it is at your own expense to get there and for your hotel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

narmer in Melbourne, Florida

49 months ago

Kyla in Orlando, Florida said: That would be a nice job to do. I wonder if they fly you out for the interviews and OH or not. From what I'm reading on the site the training is unpaid, unless they compensate you for food or housing. And it looks like I won't be able to apply cause of the language requirement :(
Fluency in English with ability to also speak fluently in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Ilocano, or Korean for Language Qualified Positions.
Oh well.. still on the wait with those other airlines! LOL

I do not speak any of those language but today I got email for interview on 10 th of April but I do not know if they fly me to there or they do not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Blustream28 in Broomfield, Colorado

49 months ago

Thank you very much for your help. I think I will stick with Skywest, seeing how expensive it is to live in HNL!!!I can fly on buddy pass to the interviews easily, however the part where they don't pay for your housing during the training might be hard for me.

nachomama in Seattle, Washington

49 months ago

I received e-mail also.I really would like to know what is junior F/A's schdule like?
How many reserve day per month? Is it possible commute from seattle? Please send me information. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Firefly in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

I got my e-mail and agreed to fly out from Florida for the group interview on the 10th. Should I stay for the weekend? The Week? Would I have to fly out again for another interview? I would live at my own expense for 6 weeks if I had to. What a dream job. Please give me some advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ami in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

Firefly in Orlando, Florida said: I got my e-mail and agreed to fly out from Florida for the group interview on the 10th. Should I stay for the weekend? The Week? Would I have to fly out again for another interview? I would live at my own expense for 6 weeks if I had to. What a dream job. Please give me some advice.

They should announce the interview process or schedule especially for other states applicants.
This was the 1st question; "Are you available between April 10 - April 23 to go through multiple interview phases? (Travel & accommodations to the interview are not provided)"

If I live in mainland like you, I really want to know I should stay some more or comeback later...
How many interviews that "multiple" means..I guess 3 times. any thought?

The 10 groups' interview on Sat, how many people in one group?
What kind of questions might be?

so anxious!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

I just recieved an invitation to the group interview in HNL and am thinking of attending. I am upset about the fact that accommodations are not provided during training. Can anyone confirm that this is 100% accurate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sassietlw@aol.com in Roachdale, Indiana

49 months ago

blue clear ocean and white sand in West Des Moines, Iowa said: Hello Everyone Has Anyone Heard Anything from Hawaiian Airlines After Applying Yet

Yes i have an invite to interview this comming Sat .

kalei544

49 months ago

Hey guys! I recently applied to Hawaiian and was not granted an interview. Although I don't know another language I currently fly for Alaska airlines and am a resident of Hawaii. Its driving me crazy trying to figure out why i didn't get a cattle call interview (even with a employee referral). Also I looked back at my profile and everything from my work history on was gone. Just wondering if that happened to anyone else? or if its fate telling me it wasn't meant to be. :(

Thanks for the help!!!

49 months ago

I also received the Thank You, but No Thank You email. Pretty bummed. I looked over my application and also noticed the missing work info ...? Anyway, good luck to all of you that were invited!!!

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii

49 months ago

I just got my invite yesterday for Saturday, April 10th as well.

I've heard from a current instructor that it's $20/hr starting with a minimum of 75 hrs/month paid, however, it is true that the six week of training is UNPAID.

I'm really excited and anxious too... I don't know what to expect in a group interview. Anyone else ever interview for Hawaiian?

kalei544

49 months ago

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii said: I just got my invite yesterday for Saturday, April 10th as well.

I've heard from a current instructor that it's $20/hr starting with a minimum of 75 hrs/month paid, however, it is true that the six week of training is UNPAID.

I'm really excited and anxious too... I don't know what to expect in a group interview. Anyone else ever interview for Hawaiian?

Yes I've been to a few and they always change it up so be ready for anything, one time I went there were a bunch of hats on the floor (viking, joker, firefighter) and everyone had to introduce themselves and pick a hat and explain why you picked that hat.

Another time they asked for us to makeup a new slogan for Hawaiian Airlines, or to use anything located in the center of the floor (Hats, Drawing board,you could even do a skit) to emulate the mission statement or values of Hawaiian airlines.

There are usually 15 to 20 people in the group interview, and 2 FA's or HR people with notepads watching your every move while someone else talks a little about the company and asks questions. You never know what their looking for but definitely a must good suit, impeccable grooming, and Confidence.

Good luck to everyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

herenui in Honolulu, Hawaii

49 months ago

kalei544 said: Yes I've been to a few and they always change it up so be ready for anything, one time I went there were a bunch of hats on the floor (viking, joker, firefighter) and everyone had to introduce themselves and pick a hat and explain why you picked that hat.

Another time they asked for us to makeup a new slogan for Hawaiian Airlines, or to use anything located in the center of the floor (Hats, Drawing board,you could even do a skit) to emulate the mission statement or values of Hawaiian airlines.

There are usually 15 to 20 people in the group interview, and 2 FA's or HR people with notepads watching your every move while someone else talks a little about the company and asks questions. You never know what their looking for but definitely a must good suit, impeccable grooming, and Confidence.

Good luck to everyone!!

Wow, thank you Kalei, that is very informative and helpful.

Just a little FYI, I heard that in the 5 days the ad was up, there were 2300 applicants, and 800 were sent invitations for interviews. Of these candidates, there are only 60 positions to fill. These numbers make me nervous!

Guy Who Wants To Fly in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

Gator954 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Can someone please answer this question: I notice that the airline is affirmative action and I see only Pacific Islanders in the pictures...does the airline hire overwhelmingly from this group? (I am hearing that that is true from people who live in HNL). Maybe they want to cultivate a certain tourist image. Thanks for any information.

I hope so cuz I'm a white dude. I'll be there
on Sat. I was invited and this is way <cooool>
I haven't been sleeping from exitement cuz the
thought of living and working in Hawaii would be
out of this world !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jojo

49 months ago

herenui in Waipahu, Hawaii

8 hours ago
I just got my invite yesterday for Saturday, April 10th as well.

.......herenui or anyone....is it true accomodations are not provided during training as well as meals? thanks for your responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Firefly in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

Great info. One important question though: How long should I stay in Hawaii? From Orlando to Hawaii is a trip worth taking but I would rather stay long enough to get it all done. Anyone with an Idea before I book. Thanks.

jojo

49 months ago

hi firefly......

stay for at least two weeks if you can. at least you get a vacation while getting things done at the same time. i am coming from n.y. and that is what i will be doing. i already bought my tickets and hotel. i am also bringing a friend along to help offset the hotel and car expense. i hope this helps.

sean500 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Hey guys, I got an invite to schedule as well. All slots were for Saturday, April 10th. I have the means to travel and stay for the interview process but is it true that they do not provide accomodations for training?

mike in New York, New York

49 months ago

jojo. i will be flying in from ny also. if possible can you tell me where you found deals for the hotel? Do you know how long after the interview it will be until someone hears back? two weeks in hawaii will be a great vacation!

good luck to everyone!

jojo

49 months ago

hi mike...
i went to sidestep.com and looked up hotels. for me i really don't care where i stay so long i have a bed and shower. you can get rooms on the cheap for like $59 a night in waikiki, which is were i will be staying. as to how long after the interview until someone hears back i really don't know but i expect for multiple interviews within a week or two after the initial interview. this is why i plan on staying for two weeks. i hope this helps and good luck to you and all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Good luck to all who are going! I'm throwing caution to the wind and am going to book a hotel for at least 2 weeks. Jojo, thanks for the website info on the hotels!

49 months ago

HPN, I agree with you. I previously flew for UAL and during the 7 weeks of training we were provided housing and meals. We also received $1500 towards the end of the course. It is kind of a gamble but I've got a little money saved and have decided to give it a go. I also am saving money on air fare because I am flying on a buddy pass. If it weren't for that I would not be able to go.

49 months ago

Gator954, I see your point. I see that you are in FLL. Have you thought about Spirit? I saw that they were hiring.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.