Comments (1 to 50 of 264)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

FA for life

53 months ago

Anyone familiar with them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Addicted to Flying in Central, Florida

53 months ago

No, looking for info as well. I sent my resume and received an e-mail back. Would like to know more information. Any news would be great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Ribeirão Prêto, Brazil

53 months ago

quero saber mais sobre canton

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lulu in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

I guess you will find out next Monday :)
It's very new company (since 1997)... HQ is in AZ.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

I see that it has small planes, corporate size. Which I am incompliance with the FAA. But the training has Part 121, I am guessing the training is for the 737 that they operate.
Does is operate under Part 135? Because it is not 121 operation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Ok LuLu =)
I should have done Wikipedia-thanks! Do know what the pay is like? Thank for any info... Do you know if it is commutable or do you have to live in NY...Been there, done that but will do it again some 20 years later LOL! Just need to get back to my house and spouse every once in while..LOL =D

53 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Central, Florida said: Ok LuLu =)
I should have done Wikipedia-thanks! Do know what the pay is like? Thank for any info... Do you know if it is commutable or do you have to live in NY...Been there, done that but will do it again some 20 years later LOL! Just need to get back to my house and spouse every once in while..LOL =D

To be honest with you.. I have no idea... lol
I went to their website but they don't really give out any info. like the rest of airlines :(

They are doing open house next Monday for FA in NYC.
You must be a Pilot (?!)...perhaps you can call the number www.flyswiftair.com/Default.aspxto (TOP/ RIGHT starts with 602 number) to find out more details. :D !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Sorry this is the correct web link...
www.flyswiftair.com/

53 months ago

No, I am a F/A. I think if I remember correctly the ad said 'no phone calls.'
I did get an e-mail from them- asking me if I could be there- such short notice, I have obligations. Besides the posting said 'if you can not be there please sent resume before May 8th'. That is what I could do/did.
Are you attending?

53 months ago

Oooops sorry ...
Yes I will be attending next Monday so I def. get all the info. you :)
It's only few days away :D

53 months ago

Thank you that would be great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

I got u... :D

Josia006 in Rochester, New York

53 months ago

is the open house for everyone? and exactly what monday is it on because i really couldn't find any info on that...

FA for life

53 months ago

This Monday. Click the link for "recent flight attendant jobs" on the right-hand side of this page for info.

53 months ago

Josia006 in Rochester, New York said: is the open house for everyone? and exactly what monday is it on because i really couldn't find any info on that...

Monday May 10th... Open house for everyone :)

b9772 in Durham, North Carolina

53 months ago

This company has been contracted to fly there planes for a company in Brooklyn underr the name Balkans Air, they will fly JFK to Tirana Albania

They flew under the name Skenderbeg Airlines last year, it was seasonal, NOT sure if this is seasonal or not as well. Skenderbeg Airlines flew i think from may until the beginning of September of 2009.

The planes will be bigger as they are flying overseas to Europe . Albania is across from Italy and next to Greece

Anticipating excitement_any minute in Clarksville, Tennessee

53 months ago

b9772 in Durham, North Carolina said: This company has been contracted to fly there planes for a company in Brooklyn underr the name Balkans Air, they will fly JFK to Tirana Albania

They flew under the name Skenderbeg Airlines last year, it was seasonal, NOT sure if this is seasonal or not as well. Skenderbeg Airlines flew i think from may until the beginning of September of 2009.

The planes will be bigger as they are flying overseas to Europe . Albania is across from Italy and next to Greece

Swift Air group operates primarily as an FBO in Phoenix AZ. They do have a couple of corporate jets and 737's that they use for contract work like business charters and Sports teams like the PHX Sun's and the Coyotes. This sounds like a new venture for them- Albania...so I am not sure the situation there. One thing to consider is that you might not be able to commute-as they do not have many established agreements with other carriers. I know their pilots do- but not sure about FA's. Hope that helps.

Addicted to Flying in Lake Mary, Florida

53 months ago

b9772 in Durham ...
Are you work closely with the FBO? How did you find your info? Is it a tourist group? Why Albania...Haven't seen that area since PAA =)

inflight101 in Orangeburg, South Carolina

53 months ago

hey lulu i was wondering if u know how to get to the interview for the airport(lga)? I am a flight attendant 4 usairways and was invited to come.

Addicted to Flying in Lake Mary, Florida

53 months ago

Good Luck LuLu and keep us posted!

53 months ago

inflight101 in Orangeburg, South Carolina said: hey lulu i was wondering if u know how to get to the interview for the airport(lga)? I am a flight attendant 4 usairways and was invited to come.

I am sorry... I just read this... I hope u made it today ;)

53 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Lake Mary, Florida said: Good Luck LuLu and keep us posted!

they say 30G to start... 1.50 for domestic 2.85 for int'l.. more details for later :)

53 months ago

lulu in Brooklyn, New York said: they say 30G to start... 1.50 for domestic 2.85 for int'l.. more details for later :)

Hey LuLu~ sounds positive. would you e-mail me jelsner1@cfl.rr.com. Thanks!

53 months ago

lulu in Brooklyn, New York said: they say 30G to start... 1.50 for domestic 2.85 for int'l.. more details for later :)

I cannot see how you can make 30G to start when there is not one US airline company paying that to start or an International one for that matter, sounds to good to be true, plus they are not flying everyday, on there webpage when you search flights they are only two a week back and forth.

53 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Lake Mary, Florida said: b9772 in Durham ...
Are you work closely with the FBO? How did you find your info? Is it a tourist group? Why Albania...Haven't seen that area since PAA =)

go to www.balkansair.com

53 months ago

so... they are only hiring former FAs... ha ha ha... it was waste of time... seriously... they were kinda rude too... :(

53 months ago

b9772 in Durham, North Carolina said: I cannot see how you can make 30G to start when there is not one US airline company paying that to start or an International one for that matter, sounds to good to be true, plus they are not flying everyday, on there webpage when you search flights they are only two a week back and forth.

they pay 30G because they don't fly as much lol
They didn't mention hourly pay at all.... ha ha ha

53 months ago

It is not Commercial. It is charter...You make contracts to work for a specific length of time. So, it is not hourly. Or forever. No benefits etc... Just pay.

Did they say if how much time would they give you advance for the trip so you could get there?

What else did they say?

Any info will be helpful. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Central, Florida said: It is not Commercial. It is charter...You make contracts to work for a specific length of time. So, it is not hourly. Or forever. No benefits etc... Just pay.

Did they say if how much time would they give you advance for the trip so you could get there?

What else did they say?

Any info will be helpful. Thank you!

Heeey addicted to Flying.. unfortunately I was not a former FA so they send me home :(
5pm open house only kept former FAs...

53 months ago

how many flight attendants where they hiring? how long is there flying for how many months?

53 months ago

b9772 in Durham, North Carolina said: how many flight attendants where they hiring? how long is there flying for how many months?

not sure... but i heard 19 today,,but don't believe me

b9772 in Alexandria, Virginia

53 months ago

lulu in Brooklyn, New York said: not sure... but i heard 19 today,,but don't believe me

Lulu are you Albanian

b9772 in Alexandria, Virginia

53 months ago

lulu in Brooklyn, New York said: not sure... but i heard 19 today,,but don't believe me

have you applied at other companies?

53 months ago

Thanks LuLu! You have been very helpful to those of us that fly contract, charter, and private.

Just starting out? Start with commercial. You will gain experience and a job/career for a long time. It is wonderful. Flying Contract, charter and private you can make more, but they want experience. Usually no benies, not to say it won't... all depends.. Good luck you guys, and thank you LuLu!

53 months ago

b9772 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Lulu are you Albanian

Nope

53 months ago

b9772 in Alexandria, Virginia said: have you applied at other companies?

yes.. :)

53 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Central, Florida said: Thanks LuLu! You have been very helpful to those of us that fly contract, charter, and private.

Just starting out? Start with commercial. You will gain experience and a job/career for a long time. It is wonderful. Flying Contract, charter and private you can make more, but they want experience. Usually no benies, not to say it won't... all depends.. Good luck you guys, and thank you LuLu!

Thank you :D ox

Rob in Waterloo, Iowa

52 months ago

Swift Air is the airline. Balkans Air is just a charter group that buys tickets on the plane.
The guy in charge at Balkans is a huge scam artist!!!

STAY AWAY from this outfit!!!!!! IF you really wanna fly--go to Aer Lingus out of Dulles or several of the regionals are hiring too!!

Stay away from this Petrit guy!!! He's nasty to passengers and crew--he will travel onboard the a/c and try to be in charge of the airplane! He's not!! He's an idiot!!!

Phoebe in Eatontown, New Jersey

52 months ago

Hi Rob,

I guess you previously flew this charter? Was it with Balkans though? What would the scam be?

Thank you, thank you! I'll appreciate any info I can get! :)

Rob in Waterloo, Iowa

52 months ago

Yes, I did fly the charter flights to Albania last summer. GREAT country once you are there.
Passengers are very cocky,down right rude. BUT.....plane was delayed all the time and Scandenbeg Air(the name of the charter group last year---same as Balkans this year) did NOTHHING for these people. Nothing.
Last year we had a sheduled fuel stop on the way home from Albania--Passengers were never notified of this.

This Petrit idiot is the scam artist!! He will approach people and ask if they want an upgrade for 500.00 -CASH!! Then pocket the money!! Then he is never seen again.
Sometimes he rides the plane over---like a poumpus ass! He thinks he owns the plane--he doesn't!! He's a glorified travel agent!!
He asked us several times to let children sit on mothers laps that were over 2 years old! big noo noo!! but he sold to many seats--promising the world to people and then people had to be off loaded cause he got greedy!!

Swift Air is the Airline---may be good, I don't have any reason to say other wise. but Balkins---is operated by the same Charter Company Agencey--stay away!!
that's why the name change!!!! Petrick pissed off too many people and they all said NEVER AGAIN, with Scanderbeg!!! So he just changed the name!! That's the scam too!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Rob in Waterloo, Iowa said: Yes, I did fly the charter flights to Albania last summer. GREAT country once you are there.
Passengers are very cocky,down right rude. BUT.....plane was delayed all the time and Scandenbeg Air(the name of the charter group last year---same as Balkans this year) did NOTHHING for these people. Nothing.
Last year we had a sheduled fuel stop on the way home from Albania--Passengers were never notified of this.

This Petrit idiot is the scam artist!! He will approach people and ask if they want an upgrade for 500.00 -CASH!! Then pocket the money!! Then he is never seen again.
Sometimes he rides the plane over---like a poumpus ass! He thinks he owns the plane--he doesn't!! He's a glorified travel agent!!
He asked us several times to let children sit on mothers laps that were over 2 years old! big noo noo!! but he sold to many seats--promising the world to people and then people had to be off loaded cause he got greedy!!

Swift Air is the Airline---may be good, I don't have any reason to say other wise. but Balkins---is operated by the same Charter Company Agencey--stay away!!
that's why the name change!!!! Petrick pissed off too many people and they all said NEVER AGAIN, with Scanderbeg!!! So he just changed the name!! That's the scam too!!!

I am a former Flight Attendant with another airline, you said that he asked if children over the age of two could sit on the parents lap which is no no to FAA, was this addressd with the Captain about his actions?

52 months ago

lulu in Brooklyn, New York said: yes.. :)

did you get any other interviews? with other airlines

Rob in Waterloo, Iowa

52 months ago

b9772 in Durham, North Carolina said: I am a former Flight Attendant with another airline, you said that he asked if children over the age of two could sit on the parents lap which is no no to FAA, was this addressd with the Captain about his actions?

Of course it was!!! And that's why people were off loaded as I said....these children couldn't sit on their mothers laps(let alone for a 845 flt time) due to FAR's....
but this Petrit guy--doesn't get it!! He THINKS it's his plane so he can make up the rules!!

Stay Away from ANYTHING this Petrick guy touches!!

52 months ago

b9772 in Durham, North Carolina said: did you get any other interviews? with other airlines

yes I have 2 airlines

52 months ago

lulu in Brooklyn, New York said: yes I have 2 airlines

how did the other interviews go

flyest chick in United Arab Emirates

52 months ago

anyone going to Swift training? do you think the contract will extend beyond 2-months?

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida

51 months ago

Rob in Waterloo, Iowa said: Yes, I did fly the charter flights to Albania last summer. GREAT country once you are there.

Hi there... was this man's name Pietra? first name John? With a London phone #? Please give me as much info as you can. Description etc....THANK YOU!! I just want to know what I am looking at.

Cara in Waterloo, Iowa

51 months ago

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida said: Hi there... was this man's name Pietra? first name John? With a London phone #? Please give me as much info as you can. Description etc....THANK YOU!! I just want to know what I am looking at.

He may have a London or European #. I'm not sure now. His name is Petrick(PET--REEEECK)

Has Swift started flying yet??

Addicted to Flying in Deltona, Florida

51 months ago

Maybe not the same person...I was hit by a scam email through recuiter website. The email was 'hijacked,' so to speak. It was for a corporate flying position in Manila..Everything was very normal till they asked for my bank account #...

I thought I recognized the name from somewhere, took me a minute to remember it could have been through the forum...

I have no idea what Swift is doing. I am scheduled to do an interview with Atlas on the 7th or 8th of July. Meanwhile, the working contract/corp.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.