US Airways to start hiring Flight Attendants in 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 7433)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

usafa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

I'm in!!! this will be great forum so Cosma Shiva so as you said training will be five weeks paid where does US air usually train their new hire FA's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (120) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Heyitsme in Hagatna, Guam

47 months ago

When are they going to post the job online? I'm so anxious!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

heyitzme in Yigo, Guam

47 months ago

Hey guys lets help make this forum strong like the Delta Air Lines forum. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

l7plan9 in Mishawaka, Indiana

47 months ago

What is the current pay scale for US Airways? What is their reserve like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (232) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

usafa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Very Excited in Elmhurst, New York said: Wow, when was the last time US Airways hired?

I think it been quite sometime but I'm am looking fwd to hearing more info about Flight Attendant life at US air!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Very Excited in Elmhurst, New York said: Wow, when was the last time US Airways hired?

The last US Airways Flight Attendant new hire training classes graduated in 2008.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

l7plan9 in Mishawaka, Indiana said: What is the current pay scale for US Airways? What is their reserve like?

Like Delta Air Lines the Flight Attendants at US Airways are governed by two different pay scales (i.e. contracts).

Flight Attendants based in PHX are paid as follows (see link):
www.afa66.org/afaagreement/3compensation.htm

F;ight Attendants based in PHL, DCA, and CLT are paid on a different payscale (which unfortunately is no longer publicly available at the following link):
afausairways.org/index.cfm

PHL, DCA, and CLT starting pay is approximately $20.00 per hour and then top pay is around $38.00

These payscales will change soon as US Airways' Flight Attendants are negotiating a new contract.

The reserve systems varies between the PHX domicile and its counterparts in the "East" - PHL, DCA, CLT.

Needless to say, you will be on reserve for your first 6-15 years (unless, of course, you speak a foreign language).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lizzerman in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

Is it true??? so exciting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

47 months ago

Well i think we can say that this recession is starting to come to and end. I mean i see more regional airlines hiring now then before and it looks like that main line is starting to hire new FA's as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Jennifer09 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Well i think we can say that this recession is starting to come to and end. I mean i see more regional airlines hiring now then before and it looks like that main line is starting to hire new FA's as well.

Yes, you are correct: US Airways is expected to announce yet another profitable quarter next month (and we are on track to post a full year's profit)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

usafa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I'm in!!! this will be great forum so Cosma Shiva so as you said training will be five weeks paid where does US air usually train their new hire FA's?

For the last 5 years US Airways' new hire training courses were conducted in PHX.

Nevertheless, US Airways does have a training center in CLT so the classes could be conducted there as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

usafa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Wow is CLT the most JR base or something.

Yes, CLT is the most junior base.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Yes, CLT is the most junior base.

CORRECTION: PHX is actually the most junior but CLT has the longest reserve period (i.e. 16 years vs. 8-10 in PHX).

USAIRIS4ME in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

Glad to know you guys are here...I really want to get my application in as soon as possible!! Please keep posting and thinking good positive thoughts!

Cosma Shiva in Tempe, Arizona

47 months ago

USAIRIS4ME in Columbia, South Carolina said: Glad to know you guys are here...I really want to get my application in as soon as possible!! Please keep posting and thinking good positive thoughts!

Thanks for the optimism, USAIRS4ME!

No word yet on the application process but US Airways is "a buzz" with our planned new hires for next year.

www.usairways.com/careers

BTW, US Airways would be perfect for you...the Carolionas are "US Airways Country!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

AlexB1972 in Wilmington, North Carolina

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva,

do you think there will be a need for LODs? I'm an Italian native and I am selfishly interested :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Santa Barbara, California

47 months ago

AlexB1972 in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Cosma Shiva,

do you think there will be a need for LODs? I'm an Italian native and I am selfishly interested :)

Yes, there will be a need for Italian LODs.

US Airways added service to ROM (Rome) from CLT earlier this year and serves more cities in Italy than any other U.S. carrier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hopestofly in Omaha, Nebraska

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: CORRECTION: PHX is actually the most junior but CLT has the longest reserve period (i.e. 16 years vs. 8-10 in PHX).

Just have a question as to what being on reserve for 8-10 years means. No line for 8-10 years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Hopestofly in Omaha, Nebraska said: Just have a question as to what being on reserve for 8-10 years means. No line for 8-10 years?

Yes, that is correct: no line for 8-10 years.

Heyitsme in Hagatna, Guam

47 months ago

Does anyone know when they're going to start hiring? I'm excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Heyitsme in Hagatna, Guam said: Does anyone know when they're going to start hiring? I'm excited!

The new hire classes plan to start in March 2011.

The application process should begin within the next few months once US Airways exhausts their furlough lists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

USAIRIS4ME in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Santa Barbara, California said: The new hire classes plan to start in March 2011.

The application process should begin within the next few months once US Airways exhausts their furlough lists.

Keep us posted!

Heyitsme in Barrigada, Guam

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Santa Barbara, California said: The new hire classes plan to start in March 2011.

Cosmo Silva! Do you work for US Airways? Do you know if US Airways will hire or is this just a hunch?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fly89 in Pataskala, Ohio

47 months ago

how does their reserve system work

Heyitsme in Barrigada, Guam

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: Yes, I do work for US Airways. I am a Flight Attendant.

US Airways plans to start new hire training classes in March of 2011. It has been discussed by our Vice President of InFlight Services Hector Adler in several forums (e.g. employee meetings, newsletters, etc.).

Thanks! How senior are you in your base? If may ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Island Girl in Calgary, Alberta

47 months ago

Does anyone know their bases? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

1stChair in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

Hopefully the post will open soon. Checking daily... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona

47 months ago

Heyitsme in Barrigada, Guam said: Thanks! How senior are you in your base? If may ask.

I have 4 years with the company and I am based in PHX.

I am currently on Reserve in PHX which lasts approximately 9 years in PHX.

47 months ago

Island Girl in Calgary, Alberta said: Does anyone know their bases? Thanks!

US Airways has bases in PHX, CLT, DCA, and PHL.

rob in Gastonia, North Carolina

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: The last US Airways Flight Attendant new hire training classes graduated in 2008.

wrong, i m a us airways flight attendant, last hire class was aug/2001

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ericbro77 in Riverview, Florida

47 months ago

ROB- UsAirways did hire for the old Americawest side for PHX in 2008.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

ericbro77 in Riverview, Florida said: ROB- UsAirways did hire for the old Americawest side for PHX in 2008.

That is correct: US Airways hired Flight Attendants for their PHX base in 2008, 2007, and 2006.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

Hi, I am a US Airways flight attendant currently on furlough since March 2006. No one from the company has contacted me about coming back to work!! And yes, the company does have my correct contact numbers. I would come back in a second!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina said: Hi, I am a US Airways flight attendant currently on furlough since March 2006. No one from the company has contacted me about coming back to work!! And yes, the company does have my correct contact numbers. I would come back in a second!!

Contact InFlight Services as soon as possible (they are currently contacting all Flight Attendants on furlough).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

fly89 in Pataskala, Ohio said: how does their reserve system work

US Airways reserve is a "sraight reserve" system (meaning: you'll have approximately 11-12 days a month when you're on call with the company).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

L'italienne.aux.Etats.Unis in Wilmington, North Carolina

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: US Airways reserve is a "sraight reserve" system (meaning: you'll have approximately 11-12 days a month when you're on call with the company).

For a new LOD flight attendant just out of training, how difficult is it to be assigned to international flights?

47 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE PROCESS WILL START? ARE THEY GOING TO START THE PROCESS BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR? IM WAITING TO APPLY AT US AIRWAYS. Any info, please let me know. Thanks And happy flying...

47 months ago

ericbro77 in Riverview, Florida said: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE PROCESS WILL START? ARE THEY GOING TO START THE PROCESS BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR? IM WAITING TO APPLY AT US AIRWAYS. Any info, please let me know. Thanks And happy flying...

No, we do not know when the application process will begin.

What we do know is that US Airways plans to start new hire classes in March of 2011.

So, if the classes start in March then the application process should begin (at the latest) by January (if not sooner).

47 months ago

OK. Thankyou very much. Im checking everyday...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

L'italienne.aux.Etats.Unis in Wilmington, North Carolina said: For a new LOD flight attendant just out of training, how difficult is it to be assigned to international flights?

It depends on where you're based.

The only LOD/O (Language of Destination/Origin) Flight Attendants in PHX (Phoenix) are Spanish qualified LOD/Os. These Flight Attendants handle MEX (Mexico City) and GDL (Guadalajara).

If you are a Spanish LOD/O in PHX then you will definitely fly MEX and GDL.

The majority of our LOD/Os are based in PHL (Philadelphia) and CLT (Charlotte).

US Airways serves CDG (Paris) from both PHL and CLT and a new hire Flight Attendant who is French qualified as a LOD/O would definitely handle those CDG flights.

It is my understanding that PHL and CLT are currently understaffed for LOD/Os (sometimes the flights depart without a qualified speaker).

Merci!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Heyitsme in Barrigada, Guam said: Thanks! How senior are you in your base? If may ask.

I am a 4-year Flight Attendant in PHX.

I am on Reserve and have some "seniority" within our Reserve ranks in PHX (meaning: I can more or less secure my requested days off).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: It depends on where you're based.

The only LOD/O (Language of Destination/Origin) Flight Attendants in PHX (Phoenix) are Spanish qualified LOD/Os. These Flight Attendants handle MEX (Mexico City) and GDL (Guadalajara).

If you are a Spanish LOD/O in PHX then you will definitely fly MEX and GDL.

The majority of our LOD/Os are based in PHL (Philadelphia) and CLT (Charlotte).

US Airways serves CDG (Paris) from both PHL and CLT and a new hire Flight Attendant who is French qualified as a LOD/O would definitely handle those CDG flights.

It is my understanding that PHL and CLT are currently understaffed for LOD/Os (sometimes the flights depart without a qualified speaker).

Merci!

Merci beaucoup.

Actually, I would be applying as an Italian LOD. I'm not confident I'd do well on a French fluency test.

I've flown US Airways for business and pleasure many times, most recently to/from VCE out of ILM through PHL and I could tell there was only one Italian LOD on each flight. There was an Italian family of four having some issues with seating who could not understand or speak English well, so I helped out because the Italian LOD was busy in Envoy class.

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina

47 months ago

I am currently on furlough with US Airways. I contacted the company on Monday. I was told that my group of f/a's have not yet been approved by the company for recall as of yet. The letter for us has been drafted, but the company has not given the go ahead yet. Until they do, they will not be able to hire off the street. I was not given any indication as to when I may be recalled. I am thinking maybe early next year!

47 months ago

L'italienne.aux.Etats.Unis in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Merci beaucoup.

Actually, I would be applying as an Italian LOD. I'm not confident I'd do well on a French fluency test.

I've flown US Airways for business and pleasure many times, most recently to/from VCE out of ILM through PHL and I could tell there was only one Italian LOD on each flight. There was an Italian family of four having some issues with seating who could not understand or speak English well, so I helped out because the Italian LOD was busy in Envoy class.

On behalf of all US Airways Flight Attendants thank you for assisting the Italian family on your recent VCE flight.

Although we try to assist everyone it is always appreciated when other passengers can assist our passengers with seating issues, translations, etc.

Thanks again!

47 months ago

tmglv in Columbia, South Carolina said: I am currently on furlough with US Airways. I contacted the company on Monday. I was told that my group of f/a's have not yet been approved by the company for recall as of yet. The letter for us has been drafted, but the company has not given the go ahead yet. Until they do, they will not be able to hire off the street. I was not given any indication as to when I may be recalled. I am thinking maybe early next year!

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I'd imagine you'll be recalled by early next year (at the latest).

Welcome back (almost)!

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: On behalf of all US Airways Flight Attendants thank you for assisting the Italian family on your recent VCE flight.

Although we try to assist everyone it is always appreciated when other passengers can assist our passengers with seating issues, translations, etc.

Thanks again!

No need to thank me. I remember myself at age 15, when I moved to the U.S. and I couldn't speak one word of English. I knew how it felt then - it wasn't a good feeling trying to explain yourself using hand gestures (although we Italians are quite adept with our hands :). The FAs were working hard to get us up in the air. They were cordial and helpful.

zcol in D-PORT, Florida

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva,
Is US Airways in need for German LODs?
thnx 4 all your help

47 months ago

zcol in D-PORT, Florida said: Cosma Shiva,
Is US Airways in need for German LODs?
thnx 4 all your help

Yes, US Airways needs German LOD/Os.

US Airways serves FRA (Frankfurt), MUC (Munich), and ZRH (Zurich).

Our German LOD/O domiciles are PHL and CLT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stepsinthesand in New Port Richey, Florida

47 months ago

Cosma Shiva in Chandler, Arizona said: Yes, US Airways needs German LOD/Os.

US Airways serves FRA (Frankfurt), MUC (Munich), and ZRH (Zurich).

Our German LOD/O domiciles are PHL and CLT.

Does US airways need Hungarian LODS as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Krisztike in El Monte, California

47 months ago

stepsinthesand in New Port Richey, Florida said: Does US airways need Hungarian LODS as well?

Hi there I really hope they also need Hungarian lods too.American airlines will have a new flight New-york-Budapest...

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.