Allegiant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 6082)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

FG in Kansas City, Kansas

87 months ago

Has anyone ever applied or worked for Allegiant? They seem to be a
good company to work from from what I've read. They also have the domiciles I want in Orlando or Tampa.
Any info is greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

cm in Kansas City, Missouri

87 months ago

FG in Kansas City, Kansas said: Has anyone ever applied or worked for Allegiant? They seem to be a
good company to work from from what I've read. They also have the domiciles I want in Orlando or Tampa.
Any info is greatly appreciated!

Hi, How funny, I am also in KC. I have applied and go to a group interview in Nov. Have you done any interviews with them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

cm in Overland Park, Kansas

87 months ago

I would like to be based in Vegas. What do you do now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Shantelle

87 months ago

I applied with Allegiant a couple months back. They seem to be a growing company. They only fly domestic and only to smaller cities, no Chicago, NYC, NOLA, San Francisco, Denver.....etc.but they are doing a mass hiring of pretty much ALL flight crew and their benefits seem reasonable.
I declined a second interview with them.....good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida

84 months ago

Hello,

Anyone on here going to the open house in FLL on the 19th?

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RJAtlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hello,

Anyone on here going to the open house in FLL on the 19th?

Peter

Peter - Get back where you belong. We miss you. LOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malti in HHI, South Carolina

84 months ago

Yeah Peter... we miss you!
Such a gentleman you are. :)

84 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: Yeah Peter... we miss you!
Such a gentleman you are. :)

Man-o-maneschewitz you guys are everywhere !!!!!!!!!

Nice typing to you both.

84 months ago

Change of plans .....anyone going to orlando this Saturday for Allegiant?

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Change of plans .....anyone going to orlando this Saturday for Allegiant?

I would have gone but they don't provide transportation and I cannot afford airfare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Linda in ORLANDO in Orlando, Florida said: Hey peter,
I was thinking of going to the interview on the 19th... but really it depends on how AIRTRAN's interview on the 14th go. Airtran would be a better choice for me because I'm closer to MCO than I am to the Sanford airport... I actually have never been to the Sanford one... lol GOOD LUCK!

I am going Sat. to Orlando, good luck with A Tran, that was the strangest process to date for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Gwash in PH, New Jersey said: You can run but you can't hide :)

I am finding that out, have we met????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RJAtlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Ok, THIS is the forum. Yes, Peter, you know GWASH from the other forum - she just got hired by Delta. And the rest of us are just stalking you. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

RJAtlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Ok, THIS is the forum. Yes, Peter, you know GWASH from the other forum - she just got hired by Delta. And the rest of us are just stalking you. :)

Congrats GWASH I wish you all the best.....as far as the stalking if I am violated I can only hope it will be a moving violation..:)))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Yup...Peter...we are peeping Tom's too!
We seee everything... :)

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: I am finding that out, have we met????

Yep I am one of the people stalking you. Let me know about Allegiant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Anything new with Delta? Still waiting to here from Republic as some have already.

You got to read the forum. I hope to have my training date before this week is over. RJ is waiting also to hear from Republic also

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Anything new with Delta? Still waiting to here from Republic as some have already.

Peter, did you go to Allegiant Open House?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Peter, did you go to Allegiant Open House?

Yes I did, very very nice people. This is how the day went: arrived at 10:45 for 1300 session. Met a few people from other interviews and got on the line at about 1115 as doors opened at 1200. At 1300 the doors were closed and all seats available were full. Many left outside to come back another day. On the way in your application was reviewed for completeness. The group listened to a company presentation, question answer session and then we were spilt in to two groups. Each person gave a personal presentation and then a cut was made. I guess about 150 in the group of which 45 were given dates for a FTF. I was one of the lucky ones and have a date this Wed.

One very nice thing the people from Allegiant did was have FTF with candidates from out of state right then and there, to save them some money on airfare and not come back.

A few facts: where you wish to be based is the base you get, no airport reserve, reserve is about 4 months at this time then you pick a line. Start at $20.00 per hour, $1:00 per diem and they pay for uniforms not you. Training is in Las Vegas and they pay you $25.00 per day seven days a week and if I understood them correctly training is 4 weeks.

Other than that I think that's it. Hope this helps. Give them a try. For me I hope I ace the FTF.

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gail in Boca Raton, Florida

84 months ago

I was also at the Allegiant Air open house and the staff was very friendly and put us all at ease. The company is young and growing quickly. They have a wonderful marketing strategy and have tapped into an untouched market in the US. Benefits are awesome and the potential for growth with the company looks bright. The one on one interview was relaxed, but thorough. I am waiting with baited breath to see if I am selected and hope to have a long and rewarding career with the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dale in Redford, Michigan

84 months ago

Does Allegiant only do turn-arounds? Or do they give you 3-4 day trips?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail in Boca Raton, Florida

84 months ago

Mostly turn-arounds, but some charters and instanced where you will stay overnight from what we were told at the open house. You need to be prepared for anything!!! Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

juli in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Yes I did, very very nice people. This is how the day went: arrived at 10:45 for 1300 session. Met a few people from other interviews and got on the line at about 1115 as doors opened at 1200. At 1300 the doors were closed and all seats available were full. Many left outside to come back another day. On the way in your application was reviewed for completeness. The group listened to a company presentation, question answer session and then we were spilt in to two groups. Each person gave a personal presentation and then a cut was made. I guess about 150 in the group of which 45 were given dates for a FTF. I was one of the lucky ones and have a date this Wed.

One very nice thing the people from Allegiant did was have FTF with candidates from out of state right then and there, to save them some money on airfare and not come back.

A few facts: where you wish to be based is the base you get, no airport reserve, reserve is about 4 months at this time then you pick a line. Start at $20.00 per hour, $1:00 per diem and they pay for uniforms not you. Training is in Las Vegas and they pay you $25.00 per day seven days a week and if I understood them correctly training is 4 weeks.

Other than that I think that's it. Hope this helps. Give them a try. For me I hope I ace the FTF.

Peter

what is their guarantee?
i was one of the unfortunate ones that could not get in even though i was there almost an hour before. that line was ridiculously long. they took our apps and depending on how many people make it thru training (watch out peter) lol then we might or not hear anything. good they pay for uniforms. i flew for chautauqua and paid 500 for uniforms.

84 months ago

juli in Orlando, Florida said: what is their guarantee?
i was one of the unfortunate ones that could not get in even though i was there almost an hour before. that line was ridiculously long. they took our apps and depending on how many people make it thru training (watch out peter) lol then we might or not hear anything. good they pay for uniforms. i flew for chautauqua and paid 500 for uniforms.

Hi,

I arrived at 0830 and stood on line at 0900 wher I noticed about 30 people standing already. I had my FTF today in Sanford and thought it went very very well. Would love to answer your question but I do not know what you mean by "guarantee". Did they give you any info as to another open house? If you want to email me feel free....LTPBK@yahoo. and I will get back with you.

Good luck to you and chat soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Yes I did, very very nice people. This is how the day went: arrived at 10:45 for 1300 session. Met a few people from other interviews and got on the line at about 1115 as doors opened at 1200. At 1300 the doors were closed and all seats available were full. Many left outside to come back another day. On the way in your application was reviewed for completeness. The group listened to a company presentation, question answer session and then we were spilt in to two groups. Each person gave a personal presentation and then a cut was made. I guess about 150 in the group of which 45 were given dates for a FTF. I was one of the lucky ones and have a date this Wed.

Peter

Hey Pete, Glad you were given the opportunity for FTF, Keep us posted please!!

84 months ago

GWASH: Are you stalking Peter again!
LOL

Peter... you have a lot of stalkers ya know...
I came over here to see how you did today as well!
Hope all went well!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: GWASH: Are you stalking Peter again!
LOL

Peter... you have a lot of stalkers ya know...
I came over here to see how you did today as well!
Hope all went well!!

You have a great since of humor Malti!!

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi Guys,

All went well and hope to hear something in a week or two as additonal FTF's are going on.

How is everyone. I have been off the forum for a while so not sure where everyone is at.

FYI American Eeagle is talking on-line applications at americaneaglecareers.com

as always have a great night and just remember ....my ex stalked me once....just once.

Peter

Glad to get a few words from you. so.... what are you wearing. LOL keep us posted ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

84 months ago

Good luck Peter, Allegiant can not afford not hiring you. Do you know if they have a base in Daytona or will you re-locate? I am moving to St. Augustine in March so I am hoping to have a cup of coffee with you some day...

84 months ago

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa said: Good luck Peter, Allegiant can not afford not hiring you. Do you know if they have a base in Daytona or will you re-locate? I am moving to St. Augustine in March so I am hoping to have a cup of coffee with you some day...

Thanks for that vote of confidence, tghey are really great people at Allegiant. The bases I know of are Ft. Lauderdale Orlando/Sanford (not MCO) Vegas and I think Tampa but don't quote me on that one. Best of luck on the move..from my door Sanford is only 107 miles so that far I am in the very North part of St. Augustine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Gwash in PH, New Jersey said: Glad to get a few words from you. so.... what are you wearing. LOL keep us posted ok.

Hi Gwash,

I have been working out...I'm hugh.....had to ditch my Armani suit and found a nice suit on the short and stubby rack at the Today's Man-Tomorrow Flight Attendant store in Jax.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi Gwash,

I have been working out...I'm hugh.....had to ditch my Armani suit and found a nice suit on the short and stubby rack at the Today's Man-Tomorrow Flight Attendant store in Jax.

The Delta gang have been wondering about you so of course I had to post where to find you LOL. You are so funny! We are all bombarding OpenSkies with applications now. Although I have training with Delta, I am still thinking of other opportunities, with merger rumors floating around. I would like to have a plan B

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Gwash in PH, New Jersey said: The Delta gang have been wondering about you so of course I had to post where to find you LOL. You are so funny! We are all bombarding OpenSkies with applications now. Although I have training with Delta, I am still thinking of other opportunities, with merger rumors floating around. I would like to have a plan B

Not sure if I told you but American Eagle is accepting on-line apps. at americaneaglecareers.com They are in the midsts of being sold by ARM (American Airlines) and it looks like Virgin Atlantic is the buyer, not a bad gig especially if flight benifits extend to Mr. Branson's space ship.
Tell the others for me hello, I have not heard from big "D" since 01/09 so I may be swimming in the "pool". But don't really care as I truly hope Allegiant comes through, I would jump on that in a heartbeat. have a great day.

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said:

Now I am thinking.... Delta session on 1/9 are you originally from NY? I think I called you Alec Baldwin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said:

And speak Brooklyneese LOL

84 months ago

Gwash in PH, New Jersey said: And speak Brooklyneese LOL

NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE....that was me................best of luck to you...any confirmed date yet?????? So wonderful to meet yoy.

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gwash

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE....that was me................best of luck to you...any confirmed date yet?????? So wonderful to meet yoy.

Peter

now i am really going to stalk you, was kind of cute. LOL, I got 2/5 training date. I had the black suit curly blonde hair, best looking chick there LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

PETERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I found you! :)

Hope you are well.

Ok, GWASH, you get the point because you found him first.... but.... I am going to find him next time!! :)
Hey Peter... did you put in an app at
Open skies? Give them a shot...
with your wonderful charm... they should be a great fit for ya!

Cheers!! :)

PS: I have never heard back from JB.
Its been a month since I submitted and app with them. So.... not sure what's up with that. I skipped out on my FTF with Delta. Right now, I am interviewing with Republic on the 30th in Indy and EOS on Feb 14th in NY.
Open Skies is a maybe. I have to set a date with them... but I'm not sure if I want to go to London for 7 weeks.
That's my story for right now!!!

Hope you are having a blast in sunny beautiful Augustine! I love the buildings there... Purple and blue...
Route 1... ahhh such a nice drive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: PETERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I found you! :)

Hope you are well.

Ok, GWASH, you get the point because you found him first.... but.... I am going to find him next time!! :)
Hey Peter... did you put in an app at
Open skies? Give them a shot...
with your wonderful charm... they should be a great fit for ya!

Cheers!! :)

PS: I have never heard back from JB.
Its been a month since I submitted and app with them. So.... not sure what's up with that. I skipped out on my FTF with Delta. Right now, I am interviewing with Republic on the 30th in Indy and EOS on Feb 14th in NY.
Open Skies is a maybe. I have to set a date with them... but I'm not sure if I want to go to London for 7 weeks.
That's my story for right now!!!

Hope you are having a blast in sunny beautiful Augustine! I love the buildings there... Purple and blue...
Route 1... ahhh such a nice drive.

Hi Malti,

All is well, good luck with everything, you will have fun at Republic. You should contact Allegiant I was very impressed by the entire process and FTF which I hope I I aced. I hope to hear some conformation, one way or the other, from Allegiant in a week or so. As always have a great day. I was having some problems finding the Delta forum, did they change the name, would you please give me the correct forum name we were all on.

As a side note .no wonder non of us have a job........we spend too much time on these forums talking about jobs.......

Thanks, Peter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ThatsQueenMary2U in Pace, Florida

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: Hi Gwash,

OH MY GOODNESS PETER! I am rolling so hard on this comment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

PETER: The Delta site that we all were on is the one that has over 8000 posts now! When you search flight attendant forum.. look for the Delta site that has 8000+ posts. There are some new Delta forums.. but none of them have as many post as the Delta forum you once were on.
RJ,GWASH,DELTABIRD,ILOVEDELTA,ALLY,
TRIM4TAKEOFF,NYCGIRL,SHANESTER

all are still posting.

Haven't heard from LIV is a while.
I think she has moved on.

84 months ago

Hi Malti,

Thanks for the info.........I was confused (easily I might add) buy what looks to be a new name to the forum........

Just wondering if anyone who had FTF's this past week heard anything new or any new information from Allegiant.

Have a great day, Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Linda in ORLANDO in Orlando, Florida said: Hey peter,
I was thinking of going to the interview on the 19th... but really it depends on how AIRTRAN's interview on the 14th go. Airtran would be a better choice for me because I'm closer to MCO than I am to the Sanford airport... I actually have never been to the Sanford one... lol GOOD LUCK!

How did your Air Tran session go?

84 months ago

Allie in SLC, Utah said: My friend went to the FLL session. There were 105 people, they gave the overview then the "escape break" and only 80 returned.

Next, they had the intros (80 of them, some very long LOL!!) and another break. Then they posted a list of 30 who were asked to sign up for FTF that evening and the next day.

After the FTF they were told they would either get a phone call Wednesday with an offer or one of two letters: 1-you're in a pool for a possible March class; 2-the thanks but no thanks. She received her phone call, training is in 2 weeks.

They seem like a great airline, I may consider moving to LAS (part time LOL) to work for them as they only do turns so commuting is out of the question!!

Allie,

When you say Wednesday do you mean this Wednesday (01/30), our information from the Orlando/Sanford session was less dininitive as far as a time frame.

Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allie in SLC, Utah

84 months ago

Hi Peter,

OK, let me fix this time frame thing LOL. She went to the FLL session on Saturday, Jan 19. If they made it to the FTF, they scheduled the FTF for either Sat (19) or Sun (20). They were told Wed (23) they would have the phone call. The letter was not given a date to arrive but local letters only take one day to be mailed and delivered.

Did they mention they had a "pool" of candidates from SFB? There are some SFB in her class but your interview was not until Wed (24), right? There is no way they could contact you for this class, maybe they interviewed SFB for the March class, did they mention this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Allie in SLC, Utah

84 months ago

uggh!! Your interview was either Wed (23) or Thur (24), right? Your post just says 2 days ago but you wrote, your FTF was on Wed ... my mix up LOL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Allie in SLC, Utah said: uggh!! Your interview was either Wed (23) or Thur (24), right? Your post just says 2 days ago but you wrote, your FTF was on Wed ... my mix up LOL!!!!

I FTFed on Wed. 01/23rd I wish I knew FLL was going to class I would have driven the extra 1.5 hours. Tanks for the info and best of luck to your friend. Who do you fly with?

Peter

Linda in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: How did your Air Tran session go?

hey peter. how was it that the air tran hiring process the strangest one for you? that's funny. the open house was held on monday the 14th and i received an email for a FTF for today at 1:00. the FTF actually went really well. i was hired on the spot with the exception of passing my ciminal history and background check... but i'm now wondering if i can still get the cut this far in the process. let me know what you know. THANK YOU

Linda in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Peter in Saint Augustine, Florida said: I FTFed on Wed. 01/23rd I wish I knew FLL was going to class I would have driven the extra 1.5 hours. Tanks for the info and best of luck to your friend. Who do you fly with?

Peter

good luck on your FTF!!!

84 months ago

Linda in Orlando, Florida said: hey peter. how was it that the air tran hiring process the strangest one for you? that's funny. the open house was held on monday the 14th and i received an email for a FTF for today at 1:00. the FTF actually went really well. i was hired on the spot with the exception of passing my ciminal history and background check... but i'm now wondering if i can still get the cut this far in the process. let me know what you know. THANK YOU

When i went to Air Tran all that happened was the group (93 people) listened to a company presentation, submitted a resume read a PA (all read the same one) and we were out the door all in less than 2:15. No personal presentation at all and a few days later the dreaded email of thanks but no thanks. I had no idea as others I kept in contact with as to what yhey were looking for. Two others that were brought to Atlanta did not get passed the FTF so I wish you luck and keep us all posted.

Peter

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.