DELTA INTERVIEW PROCESS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2367)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

flygirl in Loganville, Georgia

83 months ago

Could someone please tell me the interview process? I passed the 1st telephone interview, passed the assessment test, and now they want another phone interview. does anyone know what the 3rd interview is about and what comes after that?

FLYGIRL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (330) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Loganville, Georgia

83 months ago

why did u even bother to post RYAN???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

RYAN in West Babylon, New York

83 months ago

huh ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

de in South Holland, Illinois

82 months ago

wei in Tampa, Florida said: Thank you for your reply. Would you mind telling how long did you wait until your second interview? I only had my initial interview after I filled out my application.

4 days, from the 15th through the 19th, I have not heard anything since the 19th, which was telephone interview, and the next step is arranging and face to face interview in Atlanta, which I have not be communicated with to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lee

82 months ago

flygirl in Loganville, Georgia said: nevermind, i found out. good luck to everyone!

Don't worry about what Ryan says! Any of you! I have been a flight attendant for Northwest Airlines for 12 years and remember how excited I was when I went through the interview process and then got the final call! Greatest experience of my life and still is! All of you hang in their!!! Good Luck! I guarantee smart a** Ryan will not get hired! If he does, he will NOT last long!!! Good Luck to all!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Selin in Las Vegas, Nevada

82 months ago

Could someone please tell me the interview process? I passed the 1st telephone interview, and now they want another open hose interview. does anyone know what the is about

PS= Comair airlines

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Walid in Hollywood, Florida

82 months ago

I am posting My Experience thus far with the process, I know it is diffrent from one person to another but it all comes down to the same steps only time varies

Monday 12/03/2007.................I saw the ad somewhere!!
Monday 12/03/2007.................I started the online File and filed some of the lengthy application then called the number for my first evaluation.
Monday 12/03/2007.................Later this afternoon I received the following email:-

Congratulations on your success in the first steps of the Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Academy admissions process! We are very excited that you're interested in joining our team.

As we discussed on the phone, the next step will be for you to complete an online assessment.

To access the online assessment, you can either click here - Delta Assessment - or you can follow the instructions below:

1) Log back on to our recruitment web-site at www.delta.greatjob.net .

2) Select "Returning Candidates" on the left side of the page and log on using the reference number given to you by the recruiter on the phone, and your password.

3) Once you have logged on and selected your file, you will see a link to complete the online assessment.

This assessment should only take 15 to 20 minutes of your time, and please only start when you will have enough time to finish.

Also, if you have not yet done so, we will need for you to complete our online application form. This is in addition to the questions that you may have answered on the web-site at the beginning of the process. You can follow the same log-on instructions above to find the link for the online application or simply click on this link

Tuesday 12/04/2007...................I Went through the assessment online
Tuesday 12/04/2007...................Later this morning I received the following email:-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Congratulations from Delta Air Lines!

We have received the results of your on-line assessment and would like for you to move forward in our Flight Attendant Academy admissions process.

Please call our recruitment line at 1-877-335-8240, between the hours of 7:00am and 11:00pm CST, 8am-12am EST, 6am-10pm MST, 5am-9pm PST, to complete a telephone interview with one of our recruiters. This telephone interview should take approximately 15 to 20 minutes of your time, so please be sure to call when you have time to speak with us.

Again, congratulations on your success thus far in our Flight Attendant Academy selection process, and we look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Sincerely,
Delta Talent Acquisition Team

Tuesday 12/04/2007.............I called the number above for my second interview, I was asked 5 straight question and after answering I was told congratulations we would like to have you for a FTF in Atlanta where would you like to fly from? after i answered I was told that I will be receiving the information soon

Wednesday 12/05/2007............Nothing happened
Thursday 12/06/2007............I called to ask I was Re-assured that I have been invited for an FTF and it is a diffrent department that does the travel arrangment if I don't hear from them soon I should call them back, The person I spoke with volunteered their phone number to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Walid in Hollywood, Florida said: I am posting My Experience thus far with the process, I know it is diffrent from one person to another but it all comes down to the same steps only time varies

Monday 12/03/2007.................I saw the ad somewhere!!
Monday 12/03/2007.................I started the online File and filed some of the lengthy application then called the number for my first evaluation.
Monday 12/03/2007.................Later this afternoon I received the following email:-

Congratulations on your success in the first steps of the Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Academy admissions process! We are very excited that you're interested in joining our team.

As we discussed on the phone, the next step will be for you to complete an online assessment.

To access the online assessment, you can either click here - Delta Assessment - or you can follow the instructions below:

1) Log back on to our recruitment web-site at www.delta.greatjob.net .

2) Select "Returning Candidates" on the left side of the page and log on using the reference number given to you by the recruiter on the phone, and your password.

3) Once you have logged on and selected your file, you will see a link to complete the online assessment.

This assessment should only take 15 to 20 minutes of your time, and please only start when you will have enough time to finish.

Also, if you have not yet done so, we will need for you to complete our online application form. This is in addition to the questions that you may have answered on the web-site at the beginning of the process. You can follow the same log-on instructions above to find the link for the online application or simply click on this link

Tuesday 12/04/2007...................I Went through the assessment online
Tuesday 12/04/2007...................Later this morning I received the following email:-

Thank you. Now I can see where I feel short.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

This is as far as i personally reached, I hope it will be helpful for who ever gets here after me, I want to thank Liv,Rand,Randy and Flygirl for all their efforts to answers other people questions and hope others that come back from the actual FTF write about their experience as well, I know I will up date everyone on my process.

Thank you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Walid in Hollywood, Florida said: This is as far as i personally reached, I hope it will be helpful for who ever gets here after me, I want to thank Liv,Rand,Randy and Flygirl for all their efforts to answers other people questions and hope others that come back from the actual FTF write about their experience as well, I know I will up date everyone on my process.

Thank you all

Please do interested. I am still waiting but I did 2nd telephone interview and have not heard anything else. So, I imagine that where my processing stopped, I did call but was told they have up to 6 months to hold application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lee

82 months ago

WE ALL HAVE THE SAME RESPONSE!!! I HAVE BEEN A FLIGHT ATTENDANT FOR 13 YEARS WITH NORTHWEST AIRLINES WITH AN IMPECABLE RECORD! I GOT THE SAME EMAIL! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 3 WEEKS FROM DELTA AIRLINES!!!! GET OVER IT AND BE PATIENT!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Lee,

Who do you want to get over what?!!!, I really don't see anyone here needing to get over anything , I sense a little frustration in your writing and I would like to remind you that these forums is about sharing experiences with other to keep everyone calm and cool.

But in all reality telling someone to be patient and get over it is like telling a hungry person not to be, I think you need a little Selfcontrol.

are you still working for northwest?!! because that is what it sound like and is it 12 or 13 years you have been working for them? why are you leaving them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Walid in Hollywood, Florida said: This is as far as i personally reached, I hope it will be helpful for who ever gets here after me, I want to thank Liv,Rand,Randy and Flygirl for all their efforts to answers other people questions and hope others that come back from the actual FTF write about their experience as well, I know I will up date everyone on my process.

Thank you all

Hi,

I did not hear from Delta, but I have been contacted for training for Comair starting in January. I got call today. So everything is well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Selin in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Could someone please tell me the interview process? I passed the 1st telephone interview, and now they want another open hose interview. does anyone know what the is about

PS= Comair airlines

Hi Selin

I did interview for Comair, but we had a one on one interview with recruiters, after that we were released an told to await a call within 5 days. They called back in 3 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kim o? in Orange Park, Florida

82 months ago

Walid in Hollywood, Florida said: Congratulations from Delta Air Lines!

We have received the results of your on-line assessment and would like for you to move forward in our Flight Attendant Academy admissions process.

Please call our recruitment line at 1-877-335-8240, between the hours of 7:00am and 11:00pm CST, 8am-12am EST, 6am-10pm MST, 5am-9pm PST, to complete a telephone interview with one of our recruiters. This telephone interview should take approximately 15 to 20 minutes of your time, so please be sure to call when you have time to speak with us.

Again, congratulations on your success thus far in our Flight Attendant Academy selection process, and we look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Sincerely,

Tuesday 12/04/2007.............I called the number above for my second interview, I was asked 5 straight question and after answering I was told congratulations we would like to have you for a FTF in Atlanta where would you like to fly from? after i answered I was told that I will be receiving the information soon

Thursday 12/06/2007............I called to ask I was Re-assured that I have been invited for an FTF and it is a diffrent department that does the travel arrangment if I don't hear from them soon I should call them back, The person I spoke with volunteered their phone number to me.

What was the questions can you tell me pls.i got the same mail this morning thank you for your time...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

w in Tampa, Florida

82 months ago

Hey Everyone,
Just an update, and I hope this helps.
My experience so far has been a two week wait after my first phone interview. Then I finally got the email with the online assessment. I took the assessment on this past Friday, late Friday (after 5pm), finished my application at that time. I got a call around 3pm yesterday (Monday)for a phone interview. I called the recruiter back after receiving the voice message. I did my phone interview around 4:30pm and was asked to go to Atlanta for a face to face interview. The recruiter was very nice and make a set time and date on the phone with me and emailed me the required travel package. I am still waiting to receive my travel itinerary, should be today or tomorrow. The questions he asked was very casual, basically describing difficult situations and how I handled it, and how I feel about certain situations. I really enjoyed the interview, don't be nervous, really be yourself, BE NATURAL =) That is where I am currently in my pursue to become a flight attendant...until my big day on Friday!
On a side note: My dear friend just returned from her interview in Atlanta and to my huge surprise! She was not invited at this time to join the airline!!! She mentioned there was a lot of people there interviewing. She has been a flight attendant for another company for over a year now. Anyways, this isn't meant to scare you, but I myself derived from her experience that I need to be my best and eat a big breakfast (7 hour interview) and not be discouraged by the large number of applicants on the day of my interview. Good luck to you all, and I hope to see you on Jan 7th, 2008.

P.S. No matter what happened, you got to admit this has been an exciting journey =)

Best wishes
W

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Walid in Hollywood, Florida said: Congratulations from Delta Air Lines!

Sincerely,

What was the questions can you tell me pls.i got the same mail this morning thank you for your time...

82 months ago

Kim,

Questions are really simple and there is no right or wrong answer you just have to be relaxed, I don't think they ask the same questions every time.
They will ask you what would you do in real life situations? what have you learned from your previous experience? so on and so force, Nothing to worry about really just make the call so you can be on your way for an FTF.

Good luck to everyone.

Tuesday 12/11/07...............still waiting on the call with my FTF date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

It is so Forth by the way not Force,,,,LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

kim o? in Orange Park, Florida said: What was the questions can you tell me pls.i got the same mail this morning thank you for your time...

Let me Know how it goes, You will be alright don't stress so much, this is the easiest part of the process, Just do it first thing in the morning and let me know how it went,, Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Walid in Hollywood, Florida said: Kim,

Questions are really simple and there is no right or wrong answer you just have to be relaxed, I don't think they ask the same questions every time.
They will ask you what would you do in real life situations? what have you learned from your previous experience? so on and so force, Nothing to worry about really just make the call so you can be on your way for an FTF.

Good luck to everyone.

Tuesday 12/11/07...............still waiting on the call with my FTF date.

well usually they ask the same questions thats why i try to get more information if you can email me i ll be so happy my e mail adress is Havzali_8@hotmail.com thanks again....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

bichita13 in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

I've had 3 interviews for FA positions now (Compass, Delta, & Comair), and EVERY one of them has given me the same type of scenario questions, like, "What would you do if a passenger complained about a baby that wouldn't stop crying during a flight?" or the favorite (all 3 asked), "What would you do if a drunk passenger became angry when you refused to serve him/her more alcohol?"

I really don't think there are right or wrong answers with these (how should you know company policy without first going through training?), but they're looking to see how you think on your feet and what your natural reactions to these scenarios might be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Luda in Lakeland, Florida

81 months ago

w in Tampa, Florida said: Hey Everyone,
Just an update, and I hope this helps.
My experience so far has been a two week wait after my first phone interview. Then I finally got the email with the online assessment. I took the assessment on this past Friday, late Friday (after 5pm), finished my application at that time. I got a call around 3pm yesterday (Monday)for a phone interview. I called the recruiter back after receiving the voice message. I did my phone interview around 4:30pm and was asked to go to Atlanta for a face to face interview. The recruiter was very nice and make a set time and date on the phone with me and emailed me the required travel package. I am still waiting to receive my travel itinerary, should be today or tomorrow. The questions he asked was very casual, basically describing difficult situations and how I handled it, and how I feel about certain situations. I really enjoyed the interview, don't be nervous, really be yourself, BE NATURAL =) That is where I am currently in my pursue to become a flight attendant...until my big day on Friday!
On a side note: My dear friend just returned from her interview in Atlanta and to my huge surprise! She was not invited at this time to join the airline!!! She mentioned there was a lot of people there interviewing. She has been a flight attendant for another company for over a year now. Anyways, this isn't meant to scare you, but I myself derived from her experience that I need to be my best and eat a big breakfast (7 hour interview) and not be discouraged by the large number of applicants on the day of my interview. Good luck to you all, and I hope to see you on Jan 7th, 2008.

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry to hear your friend didn't make it.
Does she know why she didn't make it, because it seems kind of crazy that they would send us to Atl after going threw these test for them not to have you attend the Academy

luda in Lakeland, Florida

81 months ago

Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask or do they do during the 7hr interview in Atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Hi,
I had a similar experience and received this email after inquiring about the interview:
"Congratulations again on getting this far in the Delta Airlines recruitment process! We wanted to reach out to you to thank you for being patient, while we are working on opening schedules for face to face interviews in Atlanta at the start of the new year. We should be in contact with you soon regarding setting up your interview in Atlanta. Thank you again for being so patient and we look forward to meeting you!

Happy Holidays!

Delta Airlines Human Resources Team"

Has anyone else had this e-mail? Also, can anyone tell me more about this 7 hour interview? I am really quite nervous.

Luda in Lakeland, Florida

81 months ago

I haven't received this email yet, but I was told after doing my 2nd on the phone interview that they would like for me to go to atlanta for the f2f interview. I was reading someone elses blog that said there friend went to atlanta and did the f2f interview and they didn't accept her into the academy after a 7hr interview. Someone else on here said that in atlanta you will do a group, group, group, and a one on one interview. So I'm feeling like you, very neverous.

Veronica in Avondale, Arizona

81 months ago

Congratulations again on getting this far in the Delta Airlines recruitment process! We wanted to reach out to you to thank you for being patient, while we are working on opening schedules for face to face interviews in Atlanta at the start of the new year. We should be in contact with you soon regarding setting up your interview in Atlanta. Thank you again for being so patient and we look forward to meeting you!

Happy Holidays!

Delta Airlines Human Resources Team"

Hi Everyone,

I have received that email on 12/18/,2007, and had not heard anything back from Delta. I called to followup. I was looking to be in the Jan 7 Class like many other, but they stated that the Holidays have put them behind, and that they were considering opening up another class the soon after the 7th, or try and get everyone in at the last minute.

Still waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Schenectady, New York

81 months ago

when you guys had the phone interview did you have already had to have a passport? the woman i talked to said i had to have a passport but why spend $$ on a passport if i don't even know if i'll make it after the phone interview. could i just say i do have a passport or do they actually need information off the passport during the phone interview?

thanks and good luck to all,
amanda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

A-M in Palm Bay, Florida

81 months ago

Amanda in Schenectady, New York said: when you guys had the phone interview did you have already had to have a passport? the woman i talked to said i had to have a passport but why spend $$ on a passport if i don't even know if i'll make it after the phone interview. could i just say i do have a passport or do they actually need information off the passport during the phone interview?

thanks and good luck to all,
amanda

If you tell them you have a passport they will ask you for the number and expiration date. I would strongly advise you to be honest at all times when dealing with them. I believe you can still go through the interview process as long as you have applied for a passport.

Veronica in Mesa, Arizona

81 months ago

I was never ask if I had a passport I included that informtion on my cover letter with my ressume when I applied.

Yes, It is best to be honest, so you will not lose out on a opportunity

Claudia in Pompano Beach, Florida

81 months ago

I was asked when is the expiration date on the first phone call. Hope this info helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

81 months ago

I actually got the "thanks but no thanks" email after the online app, since I didn't have a passport.. They want you to be able to travel anywhere at time of application.

James Sowell in High Point, North Carolina

81 months ago

All i can tell you is that they made a man out of this boy!

My life long dream has comed to be true, and now i can look my selfe at the mirror and say... "yes... i was there... and it not only looked good, no sir! it was the best thing in my life! and I will make shure to remember all of those who were my contendents because... there were the best there is... Period!

To become a fligth attendant it takes only one thing: To be the best.

and to become a Delta flight attendant... it takes to be the best there is.

Better yet... to be in a team of the best... you become the Elite... Delta Elite.

Congratulation "Ray" and company you are the best there is!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Kathy in Peachtree City, GA in Warm Springs, Georgia said: I have recently been scheduled for a face to face interview this week. The questions were fairly easy questions up to this point.

What is the face to face interview like?

Hi Kathy, when is your F2F interview this week? Mine is tommorow th 7th @ 12:30pm

Kathy in Peachtree City, GA in Warm Springs, Georgia

81 months ago

Hi!

I had a choice Wed or Fri. I picked Friday @ 12:30. Good Luck! They are interviewing 90 a day. My husband is a pilot for Delta. Are you excited? Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Good Luck to you too! I am SOOO very excited!! I Probably won't sleep much tonight, I feel like a kid getting ready to go to Disney the 1st time.... I haven't seen on any of the forums anyone else that is scheduled for th 7th..
Maybe it will be a smaller group that would be good..they are starting the first class tommorow so maybe. This will be a perfect career for you with your husband being a pilot. Best wishes!

Kathy in Peachtree City, GA in Warm Springs, Georgia

81 months ago

Best of Luck! I am so excited also. When did you do your 2nd phone interview? Mine was 2 weeks ago. I played phone tag with HR for a week. I finally was scheudled today! They are going to start classess every Monday for the next few weeks. I heard they got 35,000 applicants and 500 flight attendents came back from Furlough. 1,000 spots out of 35,000! Wow... I am nervous. Please let me know how you did!

Kelly F in Williamsburg, Virginia

81 months ago

I was told I would be scheduled for a F2F interview but have not heard anything yet. On Thursday I received a call which showed up as "0000000" on my cell phone, but my voicemail was full. I wonder if I should call to follow up, and if so what to say.

81 months ago

It's okay to call and follow up. I have called to follow up regarding my F2F and they don't have a problem with it.. Congrats to all who have received there F2F.. best to all

just let them know that you have missed some calls due to your voice mail being full and you were just following up with a call, but they will normally email you as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Warm Springs, Georgia

81 months ago

I got a phone call from Area Code 312. They left a msg but not telling me what it was for. I called a recruiter and they told me they contracted out an agencey to help them set up the interviews. I kept playing phone tag and finally a recruiter at the 877 # set up my interview for me in Atlanta. Most definately call!!! They will have it in your file when you call. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Warm Springs, Georgia

81 months ago

I have only received one email. That is when I passed the psychological test. I am still waiting for my email to come with the F2F information. The recruiter told me after scheduling my appointment that he would send me information on what I needed for the interview via email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Falls Church, Virginia

81 months ago

been waiting for my f2f since dec 18
waiting is tuff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Falls Church, Virginia

81 months ago

a recruiter shared imfo..yeah..delta is very behind due to holidays falling on weekdays and the high # of applicants...so i shouldn't expect a call for another week or two..now i can relax and wait it out.....

81 months ago

I know it hard waiting, we are all doing are best at being patience. Everytime I have called they apologize and ask me to be patience with them. I've been waiting since Dec 18 as well.

Linda in Huntington Beach, California

81 months ago

Hi
I have some questions about commuting. I live in in CA and have to commute to my base in ATL.
1) Will commuting be 100% free, and is there a limited number within a year of my free passes? If yes, what if I use up these passes.
2) I am talking about commuting TO WORK - will I still be on standby regardless, when I use my free passes?

If anybody can help give me this info, I'd appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

If you are working for that airline.. there is no charge for flights.. it will be space available.. if you fly on another carrier that has a ZED agreement.. you will pay atbout 38 each way.. You will not use passes.. They are friends and family only.. you will fly unlimited.. each airlines have different rules..

I'm on the west coast as well, and if all goes well I will be commuting 100% of the time, and just stay in a crash pad when need..

Linda in Huntington Beach, California

81 months ago

Thanks Veronica for the very helpful input.
I have another question... I am a language speaker. I understand that as a new hire, one ought to be on a reserve and on-call basis. But will my language gives me the advantage that I get the international line (the destination of my language) easier than most new hires? After all, my language is the reason they placed the ad and hired me. They are not going to waste me I think....?

81 months ago

What language do you speak...? I speak a little Modern Arabic, and I'm learning French... I have resumed my Arabic studies..

The Airlines will schedule you best on their needs.. The thing to get used to with the airlines will be the forever changing schedules.. Just go with the flow.. Congrats on getting hired.. !!

flygirl07 in Birmingham, Alabama

81 months ago

I have my F2F with Delta tomorrow at 12:30! I am SOOO excited! Jennifer, any words of advice???

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.