Upcoming UNITED Flight Attendant Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 3974)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Beth in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

Has anyone interviewed with United recently? Do you know the process? When is their next scheduled training class? Any info would be great! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (287) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

Gorane in Bilbao, Spain

82 months ago

Hi!
I need that info too... If you get any answers let me know please!!
Good luck Beth!!
Gorane.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ARI in San Diego, California

82 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Dwhite: thanks for the info! I have a couple more questions if you don't mind answering...

When did your training class start? Where are you based? Which domiciles are they currently placings FA's? Do you happen to know how easy it would be to be awarded DEN after your 6 month lock? Do you know when their next scheduled training class is?

Thank you in advance!! I appreciate your help!

i have a one-on-one in-person
prescreen in Chicago on NOV 29TH. does anyone know when the training classes start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in East Long Island in Hamptons, New York

82 months ago

how long does it take to hear from united after applying?

ARI in San Diego, California said: i have a one-on-one in-person
prescreen in Chicago on NOV 29TH. does anyone know when the training classes start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Ryan in East Long Island in Hamptons, New York said: how long does it take to hear from united after applying?

i believe it took 2 or 3 weeks? applied then just today like 2 hours ago they called me and told me if i could make it on NOV 29TH. i said yes and they gave me the number to call and schedule my flight to the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IKA in Honolulu, Hawaii

82 months ago

I have an interview scheduled with United as well (have booked flights too) but I have not received the confirmation email with instruction and an attachment. Should I be concerned? :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

IKA in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I have an interview scheduled with United as well (have booked flights too) but I have not received the confirmation email with instruction and an attachment. Should I be concerned? :(

i received this email---------- Congratulations! You have successfully completed your telephone
prescreen and we are excited to welcome you to a one-on-one in-person
prescreen here in Chicago.

right after i got off the phone with them. Thats the email with the attachment. I called the number to schedule my flight and maybe about an hour later they sent me the confirmation email for my flight. im sure you'll receive it soon enough :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

IKA in Honolulu, Hawaii

82 months ago

Thanks ARI. This probably means that they can't get through to my email address for whatever reason. Or maybe there is a mix-up with my email address. :'(

Now I have a flight booked but I have no idea what to do. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

IKA in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Thanks ARI. This probably means that they can't get through to my email address for whatever reason. Or maybe there is a mix-up with my email address. :'(

Now I have a flight booked but I have no idea what to do. :(

you should call them!!! the email has all the info you need :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

IKA in Honolulu, Hawaii

82 months ago

I wasn't sure if I am allowed to call the number since it showed up on my caller ID and wasn't exactly given to me but given the situation, it seems like I'd need to call back on Monday and ask them to resend the confirmation to an alternate e-mail address. I hope everything works out at the end.

Thanks for your support ARI. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malti in HHI, South Carolina

82 months ago

if you are going to a United pre screen
you are going to Spherion. Be prepared to take a 45 min train ride to downtown ORD.
Then a cab ride three blocks. (this isn't United. This is a staffing agency.)
In this interview you have to pass 12 questions set up by United. They are random Q and A's. If you pass then its possible you will move on to the next stage.

Good luck to all, I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: if you are going to a United pre screen
you are going to Spherion. Be prepared to take a 45 min train ride to downtown ORD.
Then a cab ride three blocks. (this isn't United. This is a staffing agency.)
In this interview you have to pass 12 questions set up by United. They are random Q and A's. If you pass then its possible you will move on to the next stage.

Good luck to all, I hope this helps.

thanks for the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dwhite in Winchester, Virginia

82 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Dwhite: thanks for the info! I have a couple more questions if you don't mind answering...

When did your training class start? Where are you based? Which domiciles are they currently placings FA's? Do you happen to know how easy it would be to be awarded DEN after your 6 month lock? Do you know when their next scheduled training class is?

Thank you in advance!! I appreciate your help!

hey beth,
It seems as if Denver would be easy to get into. They have just recently posted the classes for Jan. and two were for Denver. So, I think you could safely say, it would be easy (not sure-i don't know what i don't know) . I am waiting for classes in DCA. You can hold out, to go for classes in the domicile of your choosing, however, no guarantees when it will be. Meanwhile you lose seniority, of course. Have you interviewed yet? If not best of luck, and everything that has been posted, has been my experience too, if that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

Thanks for the info! I had my first interview as Spherion and I go to WHQ next week! I'm so nervous! Any tips for this interview??

Do you know what other classes are posted for January? Do you happen to know when the start date for the DEN classes are?

Thanks!!

82 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Thanks for the info! I had my first interview as Spherion and I go to WHQ next week! I'm so nervous! Any tips for this interview??

Do you know what other classes are posted for January? Do you happen to know when the start date for the DEN classes are?

Thanks!!

oh wow thats great! i leave tonight for my 1st interview with them tommorow morning. im excited! good luck with the second interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

margjanemanuel@gmail.com in Hiram, Georgia

82 months ago

Is anyone scheduled to fly from Atlanta to Chicago for an interview tomorrow?

82 months ago

well, i have an interview tommorow...but i fly out today in a couple of hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ken

82 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Thanks for the info! I had my first interview as Spherion and I go to WHQ next week! I'm so nervous! Any tips for this interview??

Thanks!!

I have my interview with Spherion next week. What am I looking at? Will I be possibly be asked to stay the night? What is the next step? You say WHQ? Is that the Head Quarters? Thanks, Ken

82 months ago

Ken said: I have my interview with Spherion next week. What am I looking at? Will I be possibly be asked to stay the night? What is the next step? You say WHQ? Is that the Head Quarters? Thanks, Ken

they wont ask u to stay. but they might fly u in a day before to make it to ur interview on time. but thats up to u if i want to stay at a hotel. i just waited around the airport for like 4 hours til my interview.

cj in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

hey beth what is whq? Did you already do the chicago trip? The one on one? How many interviews are there?

cj in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

do they tell you at your first interview if you move on or is there a waiting period?

Mary

81 months ago

What time was your interview? Did you get back home that day? I am at 2:30 and have to fly back out that day....

81 months ago

My interview was for 11:30 AM. I did not interview until 4:30 PM. All the people from the West Coast was showing up in the afternoon, some had to stay over. My return flight was delayed and I did not get home until 1 AM. The whole day and the whole experience was horrible. Very unprofessional!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dont Go United in Owasso, Oklahoma

81 months ago

I have to agree with the unprofessionalism... My interview was six hours late, it cost me to have to stay in Chi-Town and mis another days work... if they want people to respect there company then they should have some consideration for my time. And the lie, if you dopn't make it they will tell you that no desions are made at there office, NOT TRUE, they make the cuts :) Good Luck, just prepare to sit a long long time :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Laurel, Maryland

81 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Has anyone interviewed with United recently? Do you know the process? When is their next scheduled training class? Any info would be great! Thanks!

Their next Scheduled training class starts Jan 7, 2008. Go thru the website. At the end of applying online, they give you a number you have to call w/in 15 min and talk to a recruiter. That's as far as I've gotten so far. Don't bother if you don't have a passport though.

Mark in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

How do you know if thats it? I have an interview set up for next week. I have a passport but its expired. I can get it updated quickly. I don't want to go to Chicago if its a waste of my time.

KMP in Seattle, Washington

81 months ago

So you had to pay for your own transit? so what? they flew you there. And just for the record I'd love to know what company feeds you when you interview for a job. Looking for a job is stressful. Unfortunately people can't hold your hand and papmper you. Yes, they want to offer you employment, what a scam indeed.

81 months ago

Listen, pass judgement when you learn to spell!

It is not about being pampered. An interview is a two way street, you are looking at the company and they are looking at you. Everyone wants a good fit. If a company thinks so little about an employee that it can't even accommodate a sitting chair or interview in a timely matter then what does that say? United is all about what they can get out of you and they can't even be up front about it because no one would show!

Yes, I know job hunting is stressful but under normal circumstances the best is put forward. Even if you were to interview for cleaning bathrooms they would not take you into a stall that was filled with s**t and make you wait for 5 hours.

The point about the meals and taxi etc. was Chicago is EXPENSIVE, why not be interviewed at your nearest airport? They did not pay for anyone to fly out, that is called empty extra seats. They don't do this during a high travel period!

I notice you had no comment about staying in Chicago for training without pay!!!

Wake up and smell the coffee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: I was a pilot and flight instructor for a few years before I went into law, and I am still interested in professional aviation. I interviewed for pilot positions with airlines several years ago and I am sure flight attendant interviews are similar. I read these posts and feel compelled to respond.

Perhaps margjanemanuel did not know ahead of time what to expect from an airline interview. From my experience, much of what she described is typical. Airlines will provide candidates with non-rev transportation to interview venues. It doesn't necessarily mean they are interested in you except they want to interview you. All the while, you are being observed and your behavior, or lack thereof, is noted. It's also common to pay for your own meals and lodging, and transportation to and from the hotel. I deducted plenty of these expenses on my taxes during the years I was a pilot.

It's also typical for airlines to gather a crowd of candidates for interviews. I interviewed with a now-defunct commuter seventeen years ago. There must have been thirty or more candidates that day, and someone has to be first. I was among the last people interviewed. I must have waited six hours for my interview. I didn't realize at the time that candidates are under continuous scrutiny and I'm sure I appeared to be anxious. I wasn't hired.

Fast-forward to last year when a major came to town to interview candidates for ground jobs. I waited a good five hours for my interview, but I had learned something. I sat patiently until it was my turn. The airline offered me a job a week later. (I turned down the job because, in the end, I wouldn't have cleared $125 a week.)

Continued next post....

Thank you for your pearls of wisdom.

My entire point is that United does not tell you anything prior to the interview. You are not told you are going to be stuck from four hours to overnight. That is outrageous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LISA LADY in FRENCHI, Nebraska

81 months ago

ANYONE WHO IS AWARE >>

United Flight Attendant: Were you awarded the position during your 2nd interview or were you later contacted. In addition, did you complete your medical exam during the second interview or was the job offered and you then were instructed to get all testing completed.
THANK YOU...

Londongirl866 in Nashville, Tennessee

81 months ago

Dwhite in Winchester, Virginia said: I am a recent hire for united. You are asked to keep the process confidential.However, some general tips would be to dress very professionally. Suit, blouse, heels-modest. Hair up, or at least back, conservative- makeup, tasteful without being over the top. Small jewely and wear a watch. Men coat and tie. Be outgoing. Firm hand shake, good eye contact, and most of all personable without be over the top. Good luck-United is a great company.

Have you signed up for a January class yet?

81 months ago

I was offered SAN and DEN-holding out for IAD -hoping it's soon-feels like forever!!!

Londongirl866 in Nashville, Tennessee

81 months ago

Dwhite in Winchester, Virginia said: I was offered SAN and DEN-holding out for IAD -hoping it's soon-feels like forever!!!

Did you mean SFO?

Ahinga in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

Hello there, yes, it was SFO and DEN.
anyone waiting for ORD?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ahinga in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

How about BOS?

81 months ago

Londongirl866 in Nashville, Tennessee said: Did you mean SFO?

Yes. obviously, I don't know my codes very well yet. I'll get there. SFO seems like a hard one for them to fill- I've been offered it twice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary

81 months ago

After your initial interview with spherion. Do they want you to do your second interview the next day or that day? Or, do they fly you into the headquarters at a later date? thanks

JCL

81 months ago

Dwhite in Winchester, Virginia said: I was offered SAN and DEN-holding out for IAD -hoping it's soon-feels like forever!!!

HEY DWHITE, I ALSO LIVE IN WINCHESTER, VA AND HAVE AN INTERVIEW ON DEC 21ST. HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE IN CHICAGO? THANKS!

UNITED FA in Pittsburg, California

81 months ago

Beth in Denver, Colorado said: Has anyone interviewed with United recently? Do you know the process? When is their next scheduled training class? Any info would be great! Thanks!

www.airlinecareer.com

81 months ago

JCL said: HEY DWHITE, I ALSO LIVE IN WINCHESTER, VA AND HAVE AN INTERVIEW ON DEC 21ST. HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE IN CHICAGO? THANKS!

Is this your first or second interview ? I've read all the postings and I guess I was lucky, my trips and interviews went smoothly-I had a very positive experience both times!!Chicago is a great place!

81 months ago

Dwhite in Winchester, Virginia said: Is this your first or second interview ? I've read all the postings and I guess I was lucky, my trips and interviews went smoothly-I had a very positive experience both times!!Chicago is a great place!

Dwhite-offered position on the spot (2nd interview) or phoned?

Mark Casis in Oregon

81 months ago

Lisa Lady

I was offered the job on the spot at the end of my second interview with UAL in Chicago and did my paperwork and fingerprinting there and then straight after I came out of the interview room. They then scheduled a medical the following week. They will fly you to the medical because they use preferred doctors in different places and not every state has one so they will fly you to the closest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JCL in Valles Mines, Missouri

81 months ago

HI DWHITE,I TOO WANT IAD, DO YOU HAVE ANY INDICATION AS TO WHEN THAT BASE MIGHT OPEN FOR TRAINING? THANKS.

81 months ago

Mark Casis in Oregon said: Lisa Lady

I was offered the job on the spot at the end of my second interview with UAL in Chicago and did my paperwork and fingerprinting there and then straight after I came out of the interview room. They then scheduled a medical the following week. They will fly you to the medical because they use preferred doctors in different places and not every state has one so they will fly you to the closest.

MARK C..
You are THEE best. Thank you.
Good day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica

81 months ago

Anyone flying out of DFW next week for an interview?

mai in Poughkeepsie, New York

81 months ago

is it anyone flying to chicago on the 13th of december and also from new-york for the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Jessica said: Anyone flying out of DFW next week for an interview?

I did in July for my interview, and will again on Jan 6th for training. Hopefully you'll be on that flight as well !!!!
I'll cross my fingers for you, good luck !

Antonio in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Jessica said: I just got back and it was fun. I go back on the 8th of Jan for the second interview. Yeah..any tips?

Just be yourself, like the first interview, and you'll do great ! Hey weren't you flying out next week? You just posted your ad 2 days ago, and now you got back already????? What a mystery.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mai in Poughkeepsie, New York

81 months ago

Jessica said: I just got back and it was fun. I go back on the 8th of Jan for the second interview. Yeah..any tips?

i have my first interview tomorrow. can you please tell me what to expect because i'm a little stress about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica

81 months ago

Just be yourself and be prepared to wait a couple hours to interview. BE PATIENT and FRIENDLY and SMIlE. I just talked to the other applicants and had a good time. Its just a one on one. You will know when you leave if you have the next phase....more than likely. I was asked back. Good luck.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.