SWA FA position - who made it in?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (39)

prospect in Owings Mills, Maryland

46 months ago

So how many people knew about the position listing and how many of those made it through the application process?

It was up for just about 2 hours today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flybound in Mckinney, Texas

46 months ago

I knew about it cause my husband works for them. I was able to submit my application. Good Luck to all that got in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Flybound in Mckinney, Texas

46 months ago

I knew about the posting as my husband works for SWA. I was able to submit my application. Good Luck to all that submitted applications

bernard8150 in Denver, Colorado

46 months ago

I tried for about 2 hours and no luck:( Does anybody know if they will open up the flight attendant application.

46 months ago

Well they either got all the applications they wanted in this sitting or they closed down to try to make the process not crash. I have a feeling they got what they needed.

No idea on if or when it will open back up.

I was also one of the lucky ones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maricriscat in Trabuco Canyon, California

46 months ago

I tried...but every time I got to the login screen, I couldn't get past that. Two hours of refreshing my browser, starting over...very frustrating. All for nothing too. :(

DowntownLA in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

I was one of the lucky ones after about 45 minutes of refreshing three different browsers. I knew about it through family who works at SWA, did not see it posted anywhere else on the internet.

46 months ago

Nicly done, LA. I have friend who work there. But there was some chatter on some other FA boards about it. My friends say there will likely be more opportunities, we shall see. Hiring 400 for classes to start in March I heard. Good luck!

46 months ago

Maricriscat in Trabuco Canyon, California said: Nicly done, LA. I have friend who work there. But there was some chatter on some other FA boards about it. My friends say there will likely be more opportunities, we shall see. Hiring 400 for classes to start in March I heard. Good luck!

THX Maricriscat. Do you currently work as a FA or are you starting/changing careers?

WNFLIGHT in CHICAGO, Illinois

46 months ago

Maricriscat in Trabuco Canyon, California said: Nicly done, LA. I have friend who work there. But there was some chatter on some other FA boards about it. My friends say there will likely be more opportunities, we shall see. Hiring 400 for classes to start in March I heard. Good luck!

There is a class of internals at DAL right now....They started training this morning...The first class since Sept of 2008....I would keep my eyes and ears open over the next few days/weeks/months, as there is likely to be more movement....Go luck everyone....

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee

46 months ago

I'm sad that I had an alert set up and never received anything. I hope they post it again soon!!

Patiently waiting in Huntsville, Alabama

46 months ago

I was one of the unlucky ones....I tried for about three hours to no avail. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get through the next time. : (

46 months ago

I had the emaill alert set up too and nothing. I just made sure I set my phone alarm to remind me. LOL Stinks though that nothing was sent for those of us that had the alert set up.

Though honestly with the way the site was I'm not sure how well it would have worked.

46 months ago

@ DowntownLA - I was with Northwest but quit in 1999 after signing a hideous 10 year contract and I decided to go back to school. I am really glad I did, but I am not a fan of the corporate world. And flying is such a different job now with internet... all those things you couldn't do on the road that took up days off can now be done online! (Well all but the laundry) You? I am not sure if they are looking for more fresh younger faces, of if my 40something experience will be acceptable. We shall see... but it's nice to know if I can at least be given a fair shot with submitting my resume.

They are going to open again tomorrow...(yes, I know, I'm increasing my competition but it doesn't seem right to not say) from 7AM - 8AM CST. Good luck everyone. It's amazing that the company would do something so nice and give some us a second chance at submission.

Bluga in Wallingford, Connecticut

46 months ago

This is ridiculous, I start to fill out the application form, and the the site crashes, and I have to start all over again. I can not get past the ethnicity section of the application form before it crashes. Very unfair!

46 months ago

After 18 minutes on the website - the flight attendant position has been taken down. I am very frustrated. I started to fill out the application form at 7.01CST twice, and could only get to the ethnicity screen. Delta, US Airways, Virgin, British Airways, Emirates have 100,00 + applications why can't southwest handle the demand. I just want a fair chance of applying like anyone else that is all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Bluga in Wallingford, Connecticut said: After 18 minutes on the website - the flight attendant position has been taken down. I am very frustrated. I started to fill out the application form at 7.01CST twice, and could only get to the ethnicity screen. Delta, US Airways, Virgin, British Airways, Emirates have 100,00 + applications why can't southwest handle the demand. I just want a fair chance of applying like anyone else that is all

The position is still up. It took me 50 min to get mine submitted. Refresh was my best friend. lol

Good luck to all those still trying to get their applications in!

ps there are more of us in this thread :)

www.indeed.com/forum/comments/job/airline-flight-attendant/

46 months ago

I continue to refresh. 14 times I get to the eeo question part of the application and then the site crashes and I can not continue. The furthest I have got is the application questions before submitting application. I am constantly refreshing. It just is not happening

46 months ago

Bluga in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I continue to refresh. 14 times I get to the eeo question part of the application and then the site crashes and I can not continue. The furthest I have got is the application questions before submitting application. I am constantly refreshing. It just is not happening

I had the same thing happen. I had gotten all the way to the page where you submit and it kept crashing. Luckily once I refreshed a gazillion times and it finally loaded it was still on the submit page.

They have taken the posting down, but there is a rumor that it will be back up in like 4 hours. I don't know about that, but I will keep checking and update the board if I see it :)

46 months ago

Well thanks a bunch south west. I have been on the site since 7.01 CST and have been trying to submit my application till it was taken down at 8.20 CST. 14 times I got to the EEO question section, and once to the application questions before submitting, each time the site crashed and it lost my data, and I had to start over again. I have sat here for 1 hr 20 mins refreshing 6 screens, and was still not able to submit my application. Very frustrated. Good Luck to those that submitted their application

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

COLLENJ in Marrero, Louisiana

46 months ago

WOW THEY HAVE TAKEN IT DOWN OMGI WAS ON N KICKED OUT....

Grey in Columbus, Ohio

46 months ago

I got my application submitted this morning, but it took me almost exactly one hour. After I wasn't able to get through on Monday, I took the time yesterday to set up a job seeker account and have my resume uploaded and ready to go so that all I would have to do was log in today. At first I kept getting as far as the EEO questions and then it would kick me out. I kept refreshing dozens of times and it finally let me go on to the next set of questions. I had to refresh dozens more times to get to the final page where you submit. I hit submit, and then it said that the server was unavailable. But then I immediately got an email saying my application was received. Whew! After all that, I hope I at least get an interview.

Persistentance in Stockbridge, Georgia

46 months ago

I too have been trying forever to get through and nothing!!!!! It seems as though most of you got further than I have been able to. It allowed to get to the resume uploading portion of the process then freeze up. GRRRRR!!!!! I will continue to try and try again until I get through. : )

Ready to fly in the sky in Edison, New Jersey

46 months ago

Hi to All! As I posted on the other SW airlineflightattendant forum, trying to lighten up the atmosphere, I got up an hour earlier instead of an hour later! LOL Anyhow, I am really here just to say don't give up or feel defeated, if you did not get through. The same thing happened to me on the 14th, but luckily I got through today. As many of you have said, I too was on prior to starting time, and I too got booted completely off after hitting the submit my application button. I have Mozila Firefox, which did work better than anything else, but after 41 minutes of refreshing, I still got the boot. I was devastated, but I kept trying, and luckily I got it submitted at 8:57am e.s.t. If the posting goes back up, try all the hints from the other page on these indeed blogs, that I mentioned above. I wish everyone the best success! :)

Grey in Columbus, Ohio

46 months ago

Ready to fly in the sky in Edison, New Jersey said: I have Mozila Firefox, which did work better than anything else, but after 41 minutes of refreshing, I still got the boot.

I used Firefox, too, and it definitely worked the best. I had my Mac laptop and my PC laptop both set up to try everything I could to get through. Internet Explorer didn't work at all and Safari on the Mac didn't work either.

46 months ago

Firefox is the best browser to use. I was trying on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome. Firefox was the only browser I could get to refresh correctly. Don't get me wrong I did get a ton of errors, but when it was working Firefox refreshed better than any other browser and kept me on the page I was on without having to start over.

46 months ago

I am so sorry for those of you who didn't make it today. I agree with the FireFox praise. It was the only browser that saved my data. It was really really frustrating to get to the submit section then not be able to submit. But even though my page didn't refresh, I got the confirmation email. I submitted at 6:57AM. Phew.

So, if they are going to open it again, use FIREFOX! Also, they opened it before 7AM... It was up at 6:55AM, and I was ALMOST complete w/ the questions by 7:00 when the masses hit.

So create your user account early. Log in before time scheduled time, and go to the all jobs page. Refresh that page until you see the FA job, and go from there. You'll already be several steps ahead. It remembers you are logged in.

Good luck anyone... now the letters.

Angha in Austin, Texas

46 months ago

I just barely made it! Monday I spent 2 frustrating hours only to be kicked off at the EEO page repeatedly. As for today... Thank you everyone for your tips! I downloaded Firefox, hit the refresh button when the server crashed, REPEATEDLY and received confirmation at 8:17 am. Whew!
Good luck to all who made it! Everyone else don't give up, this industry changes daily and one never know when the next opportunity will come along :)

Tigergirl in New Orleans, Louisiana

46 months ago

Any ideas when they will open it up again?!

46 months ago

Has anyone received any calls from your submission for FA?

Ready to Fly in the Sky in Edison, New Jersey

46 months ago

DowntownLA in Los Angeles, California said: Has anyone received any calls from your submission for FA?

Hi. Just to let you know that we are all conversating about this on the other SW FA page. Its under airline flight attendants, instead of just flight attendants. Still on the Indeed job forum. Hope you find it. :)

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

Ready to Fly in the Sky in Edison, New Jersey said: Hi. Just to let you know that we are all conversating about this on the other SW FA page. Its under airline flight attendants, instead of just flight attendants. Still on the Indeed job forum. Hope you find it. :)

There is NO such word in the English language as CONVERSATING

46 months ago

46 months ago

@awesomette Thank you so much for the heads up!

46 months ago

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois said: There is NO such word in the English language as CONVERSATING

Thanks for being so harsh, when I was just trying to help someone out.

46 months ago

DowntownLA in Los Angeles, California said: @awesomette Thank you so much for the heads up!

Sorry, I didn't know how to post the link.

46 months ago

Ready to Fly in the Sky in Edison, New Jersey said: Sorry, I didn't know how to post the link.

No problem :) You have to tweak it a bit to post it because for some reason it thinks it's a phone number and often won't let you post it.
I just wanted everyone to be able to find it since I know there were a lot of people who weren't aware of the other thread.

Good luck!

46 months ago

Awesomette in Nashville, Tennessee said: No problem :) You have to tweak it a bit to post it because for some reason it thinks it's a phone number and often won't let you post it.
I just wanted everyone to be able to find it since I know there were a lot of people who weren't aware of the other thread.

Good luck!

Awesomette--Thanks! I wish you the best of luck too! :)

skygirl1435

45 months ago

Can someone let me know when SWA or WHERE we find out WHEN SWA is hiring for F/As? I have NEVER seen that EVER and I've been scouting them like a HAWK forever LOL....Heard from a former wing sister that through AFA hotline she too read last month that they were hirng flight attendants but I looked on their website. .....no joy.
Firfox????
Heard you had to have an "internal" referal...making sense to me now as I had one for DAL and have one for another airline. Seems as if the only way we can get an interview these days (largely ) is to have a referal . what do ya'll think?
Confused.
Oh well/
thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.