Crewmember visa for foreign passport holder

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

MyMy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

Can anybody tell me how to go about obtaining a crewmember visa (I actually need 10). It's been very challenging getting through on the phone with the consulates and embassies.
I am South American living in the US.
Any information is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flight attendant visa in Calgary, Alberta

28 months ago

MyMy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Can anybody tell me how to go about obtaining a crewmember visa (I actually need 10). It's been very challenging getting through on the phone with the consulates and embassies.

Hello there!

I am having this challenging myself and just been refused from the uk. Reason is that I didn't provide enough info, financial, and they need original documents (no copied), etc. i thought i am only going there as a flight attendant and on company expenses so i didnt provide my financial. If you plan to do visa for uk make sure your air line can provide everything you need. Though I've got or Schengen countries. For the Schengen visa was very easy not much hustle like the uk. Recommended you apply for German embassy. I still need to appeal for the uk. If you have an update please share. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

eddieNYC in New York, New York

25 months ago

Flight attendant visa in Calgary, Alberta said: Hello there!

I am having this challenging myself and just been refused from the uk. Reason is that I didn't provide enough info, financial , and they need original documents (no copied), etc. i thought i am only going there as a flight attendant and on company expenses so i didnt provide my financial. If you plan to do visa for uk make sure your air line can provide everything you need. Though I've got or Schengen countries. For the Schengen visa was very easy not much hustle like the uk. Recommended you apply for German embassy. I still need to appeal for the uk. If you have an update please share. :-)

Hi Flight attandant visa.
I recently applied for UA and was accepted to do the training, I have to ask embassies if I need a visa as a crew member, yet no one gives a real answer.. I have a lebanese passport.
How did you get the information from the embassies? Please reply ASAP as I am in a dilema, I met a flight attendant from Morocco who works with delta who said as cew member he never used ANY VISA.. cz his ID served as entry papers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

joenyo in Pasadena, California

20 months ago

No you dont need for germany as well as other schengen area countries. as for UK - i dont think you need it either.. even though the border agency cs agent told you you need it (coz they dont know any better of their own policy !!! )... from border agency policy on its website it clearly says working crew members dont need clearance unless you are on training and therefore you need "visa"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Donny Stubbs in Montego Bay, Jamaica

20 months ago

I'm from Jamaica and I'd like to know if I can obtain a US crew visa to work on a US international airline; just as long as I don't fly domestic. I know a crew visa means you have to leave the US within a certain time. I thought that since you might end up in a different country and end up staying a day or something like that so you might be out of the US anyway, as long as you can commute back to your country.

Am I right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Oz in Bear, Delaware

20 months ago

eddieNYC in New York, New York said: Hi Flight attandant visa.
I recently applied for UA and was accepted to do the training, I have to ask embassies if I need a visa as a crew member, yet no one gives a real answer.. I have a lebanese passport.
How did you get the information from the embassies? Please reply ASAP as I am in a dilema, I met a flight attendant from Morocco who works with delta who said as cew member he never used ANY VISA.. cz his ID served as entry papers.

Aaaggggg? I'm a green card holder from Ozzie.....am I also likely to have trouble getting visa to fly internationally if appointed to USA airline

Didn't think die need to submit much at all

Newbie16 in San Clemente, California

20 months ago

I have the same problem. I just got accepted to training and the US carrier asked me to call embassies that require me to have a crew member visa. I have a US green card and I am not quite sure if all the answers I got were accurate.

If you have had these dilemma, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Speedbird in Irvine, California

20 months ago

I recently got hired by US based airlines and I also need to call more than 40 embassies to see if I need a crew visa since I'm holding a foreign passport. I called them today but only half of them answered my phone call. It's just so hard to get a representative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

davidrod in Cleveland, Ohio

17 months ago

Speedbird in Irvine, California said: I recently got hired by US based airlines and I also need to call more than 40 embassies to see if I need a crew visa since I'm holding a foreign passport. I called them today but only half of them answered my phone call. It's just so hard to get a representative.

Hi I´m having the same problem, i get accepted to the training of UA but they asked me to bring the information of the countries that i´ll need visa.
I´m from Ecuador but green card holder and I don´t even know where to star.

If somebody could help me I will be very grateful.

davidrod in Cleveland, Ohio

17 months ago

Hi I´m having the same problem, i get accepted to the training of UA but they asked me to bring the information of the countries that i´ll need visa.
I´m from Ecuador but green card holder and I don´t even know where to star.

If somebody could help me I will be very grateful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mae in Newark, New Jersey

17 months ago

You can start by looking here www.visahq.com/visas.php
You'll get it done! :-)

RR GIRL in Idaho

17 months ago

Mae in Newark, New Jersey said: You can start by looking here www.visahq.com/visas.php
You'll get it done! :-)

Hi!
I tried that visahq. But it tells me only for tour and business visa.

nata in Vaudreuil, Quebec

3 months ago

hi!!
Does someone know wich kind of visa i need for crew memeber for the united kingdom? im colombian but ill work for an airline in canada, so im makeing my aplication but im so confused i dont know wich one to choose, bussines visitor? work?
please help me im so lost!

nata in Vaudreuil, Quebec

3 months ago

MyMy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Can anybody tell me how to go about obtaining a crewmember visa (I actually need 10). It's been very challenging getting through on the phone with the consulates and embassies.

HI, I KNOW UR POST IS VERY OLD BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DID U DO FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM VISA. IM TRYING TO DO IT BUT IM NOT SURE WHIC FORMULARIE TO FILL UP :(

THANK YOU FOR TEH INFO U CAN GIVE ME

MyMy in Jersey City, New Jersey

3 months ago

Hello, I'm the original poster.
It turned out that as a Brazilian I only needed an Indian and Chinese visa, as a crew member!
Depending on your nationality you will need more visas!
It was very frustrating trying to find out what visas I needed. At my airline I could only get them after graduation. I wasn't able to start working for a month after I graduated training just to get those visas. But it all turned out well!

Kawaii in Moorhead, Minnesota

1 month ago

Hi Mymy,

I would be sooo grateful if u could answer my questions here. Most U.S. airlines require work permit, but you are a Brazilian. How do you get the work permit? please help!! thanks!!!

MyMy in Hoboken, New Jersey

1 month ago

Kawaii in Moorhead, Minnesota said: Hi Mymy,

I would be sooo grateful if u could answer my questions here. Most U.S. airlines require work permit, but you are a Brazilian. How do you get the work permit? please help!! thanks!!!

Hi there! I don't need a work visa because I'm a green card holder.

kawaii in Moorhead, Minnesota

1 month ago

OMG, Thank you sooo much for the reply!! Lucky you!~At this moment, I wish I am a green card holder too..... Have fun flying ;)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.