Delta FA training 2012

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

Xerci in Poway, California

29 months ago

Are you waiting for the training date? Would you like to share and exchange the knowledge? Shall we :)

1. F2F Date
2. CJO Date
3. LOD Test Date
4. Training Date

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

1. 11/15 7:30 am
2. 11/15 12:00 pm
3. Hasn't scheduled yet.
4. Hasn't scheduled yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Butters in Zephyrhills, Florida

29 months ago

same as Xerci.

I really hope someone reply to this one.
I'm in the dark right now :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Skye in Nagoya, Japan

28 months ago

Hey guys, I found you!!

I was probably in the same session as you guys.
I had my language test on 2-Dec and I'm worried that I might have made too many silly mistakes. . . I haven't heard a word from them since and I'm going crazy!!
I read in another thread that if you don't hear from them within 24hrs of your 2nd language test, you passed. So I'm just holding on to the idea that's the case.

Did you guys have the 2nd language test yet? I also heard from someone from our session that the status change is happenining. Is that true???

Have a good weekend and keep warm you guys!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Skye in Nagoya, Japan

28 months ago

Silly me. . . I WAS in the same session as you guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ereomah in Satellite Provider

27 months ago

I am ereomah presley weyimi 4rm warri delta state nigeria.sir i rely wnt to work in ur establishment,pls tk me i need a job to do so hs to gt food to eat.hapi new year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Good grief, we finally got the training date!!
Who will be in the 4/16 class with me? I know Butter is! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Becareful in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Watch out of delta training. I was there for 7 weeks and they let me go on the last day before graduation because I had an 89.30 and you are supposed to get 90 % they dismissed me . I swear many people in my class where late and didn't fit the Delta attire. I was always on time and well groomed and speak 4 languages. They don't care. You just a number to them. They play a lot of games. so be aware.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Revere in Everett, Massachusetts

27 months ago

I wanted to ask how many people here who got a CJO and start training in 2012 are Japanese speakers. I really want to apply with Delta but unfortunately the foreign languages that I speak are not currently in their LOD program. I was just wondering if there is any chance to get in if you apply as non-speaker. Also, when do your classes start? Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CAPPI9 in Tokyo, Japan

25 months ago

Skye in Nagoya, Japan said: Hey guys, I found you!!

I was probably in the same session as you guys.
I had my language test on 2-Dec and I'm worried that I might have made too many silly mistakes. . . I haven't heard a word from them since and I'm going crazy!!
I read in another thread that if you don't hear from them within 24hrs of your 2nd language test, you passed. So I'm just holding on to the idea that's the case.

Did you guys have the 2nd language test yet? I also heard from someone from our session that the status change is happenining. Is that true???

Have a good weekend and keep warm you guys!!

Are you going to 4/16 training? I am also applying for delta and about to take the 2nd language test. I live in Japan and it says you are also in Japan...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CAPPI9 in Tokyo, Japan

25 months ago

Skye in Nagoya, Japan said: Silly me. . . I WAS in the same session as you guys.

Hi Skye in Nagoya!!!
Are you going to 4/16 training in ATL?

CAPPI9 in Tokyo, Japan

25 months ago

Xerci in Poway, California said: Good grief, we finally got the training date!!
Who will be in the 4/16 class with me? I know Butter is! :)

Hi Xerci!
Have they made air ticket arrangement for you to go to ATL yet? When you contact initial training Dept., did they call you right back?

amadolla74 in Cabot, Arkansas

24 months ago

CAPPI9, I will be at the 4/16 training in Atlanta! Have you gotten any information? I received one email.....just with some basic info and it had an attachment but it was only of the DELTA logo. I wasn't sure if that was a mistake or if I have more emails to come. Anyways, does anyone going to the 4/16 class have facebook? i'm so excited for the class to start! =)

CAPPI9 in Tokyo, Japan

24 months ago

Hi amadolla74!!!
I received a couple of e-mails from Delta. Welcome packet and travel information. That's it. I know they will send us CBT a week before the training starts that we have to finish before arriving to ATL.
If you complete the training, will you be relocating to the base location or are you commuting from Arkansas? I think we might be base in either NYC or Detroit. I am sure I will be meeting more people during the training, but I have to relocate, there is no way to commute from Tokyo. I know there will be people commuting from Hawaii, but even that it would be difficult.

24 months ago

did you receive all the emails on the same day? Maybe i need to email them back...haha. I only just found out i "officially" got the job two days ago. =p CBT? what's that? ...gah, i need to study already!! haha.
I will probably move over time, but I have a lease on my home in arkansas until november so for a little while i may just have to commute. I don't know yet! I'm just going with it, I'm only 21 so all this adult/career stuff is so new to me! =)

CAPPI9 in Tokyo, Japan

24 months ago

CBT is a computer base training. Did you receive the welcome training packet? There was also a separate e-mail that talks about it. Looking forward to meeting with you on 4/16!!

24 months ago

I haven't gotten any welcome packet, just an email that said 'initial flight attendant training' with the date for my flight. Looking forward to meeting you, too!

24 months ago

I haven't gotten any welcome packet, just an email that said 'initial flight attendant training' with the date for my flight. Looking forward to meeting you, too!

24 months ago

I will arrive at ATL @1:45pm on 4/15. Anyone wants to share a cab?

24 months ago

I won't arrive until 4:20 on 4/15...will we have to stay at a hotel until the morning of 4/16?

24 months ago

Oh, I think I misread the first email, upon re-reading it I realized it says to take a cab on sunday, straight to the training center.
Are you checking a bag, or just taking one carry-on?

24 months ago

I will check in two luggage and have a purse and a computer with me.
I will pack my own coffee maker, too....lol

Fuuchan in Berkeley, California

23 months ago

Hello Sempai in 4/16 training! How is training? How many Japanese speakers? About half a dozen of us got CJO on 4/17 with second language test the same day are anxiously waiting. We know our background checks are complete yet our status has not changed and no update. Was it the same for you? Silence for weeks and then boom training date and package? Heard anything about when the next training class is?

CoffeeMaker in south orange, New Jersey

20 months ago

Glad to have found this forum. hope someone is still reading this. Can someone tell me what the dorm situation is? I am packing for the training and want I should pack (towels? cleaning products, food?). Any tips?

Shinjin in Los Angels, California

20 months ago

CoffeeMaker in south orange, New Jersey said: Glad to have found this forum. hope someone is still reading this. Can someone tell me what the dorm situation is? I am packing for the training and want I should pack (towels? cleaning products, food ?). Any tips?

You don't need to bring towels. Our dorm room is just like a hotel. They clean it and place a new towel every day. I do suggest you to bring your own food. Eating at cafeteria gets old VERY quickly.
Your room has a WIFI access but you cannot access to Skype. You can Facetime though.

Anything else? Just ask :)
GL on your training!

20 months ago

Shinjin in Los Angels, California said: You don't need to bring towels. Our dorm room is just like a hotel. They clean it and place a new towel every day. I do suggest you to bring your own food. Eating at cafeteria gets old VERY quickly.
Your room has a WIFI access but you cannot access to Skype. You can Facetime though.

Anything else? Just ask :)
GL on your training!

Thank you so much, Shinjin. You are super awesome! I do have some more questions.

1. Does the cafeteria serve fresh food/fruit or do they server more or less processed food only? Is there a kitchen?

2. I understand that we need to bring a "plain black tote bag"? Do you recommend a rolling-tote / a business tote or do you think any plain black bag with a zipper will work?

3. Do you have any suggestions in terms of the training materials and the studying method? I am a bit concerned about the amount of pure memorization that may be involved (i.e. airport codes). obviously i want to work hard and do well. Will we have ample individual study time?

Thanks so much!

Shinjin in Los Angels, California

20 months ago

Hello coffee maker!

1. Does the cafeteria serve fresh food/fruit or do they server more or less processed food only? Is there a kitchen?

Cafeteria serves fresh food/fruit (sandwiches, burgers, salads, daily special, etc) you will sometime have more than 30 min lunch, then you can walk to the main cafeteria which is located in the admin building. There is no kitchens but the microwave in hallway. You will have a small refrigerator in your room though.

2. I understand that we need to bring a "plain black tote bag"? Do you recommend a rolling-tote / a business tote or do you think any plain black bag with a zipper will work?

You need to bring the black tote for your training flights. That will be an actual flights so I would recommend you to bring something decent. A plain black bag with zipper would work, too.

3. Do you have any suggestions in terms of the training materials and the studying method? I am a bit concerned about the amount of pure memorization that may be involved (i.e. airport codes). obviously i want to work hard and do well. Will we have ample individual study time?

Yes, study airport code. Make sure you master it because there are so so much information to memorize once you are in the training. Don't worry, you will do great. Make sure you will bring a vitamin C ( you don't want to get sick at all.) bring your own coffee maker if you are a coffee person:)
As far as your study time, you won't have much. My suggestion is to sleep when you can, listen and pay attention to your facilitator. Then you will be just fine.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Shinjin in Los Angels, California said: Hello coffee maker!

Cafeteria serves fresh food/fruit (sandwiches, burgers, salads, daily special, etc) you will sometime have more than 30 min lunch, then you can walk to the main cafeteria which is located in the admin building. There is no kitchens but the microwave in hallway. You will have a small refrigerator in your room though.

You need to bring the black tote for your training flights. That will be an actual flights so I would recommend you to bring something decent. A plain black bag with zipper would work, too.

Yes, study airport code. Make sure you master it because there are so so much information to memorize once you are in the training. Don't worry, you will do great. Make sure you will bring a vitamin C ( you don't want to get sick at all.) bring your own coffee maker if you are a coffee person:)
As far as your study time, you won't have much. My suggestion is to sleep when you can, listen and pay attention to your facilitator. Then you will be just fine.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much!

Great. thanks again for the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

LeviSchnaubi in Honolulu, Hawaii

19 months ago

Anyone starting training September 10 in atlanta?

Puppy in Canoga Park, California

19 months ago

LeviSchnaubi in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Anyone starting training September 10 in atlanta?

I am :)

19 months ago

Puppy in Canoga Park, California said: I am :)

Me, too.

LeviSchnaubi in Honolulu, Hawaii

19 months ago

CoffeeMaker in south orange, New Jersey said: Me, too.

For guys is it true that you can only wear white shirts?

Delta FA Guy in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

To all those FA candidates going to FA training on Sept 10, I take this opportunity to wish you the very best. Training can be intensive but the facilitators do make it fun. Study, study & study. Looking forward to seeing you all on the line.

Puppy in Canoga Park, California

19 months ago

Delta FA Guy in Atlanta, Georgia said: To all those FA candidates going to FA training on Sept 10, I take this opportunity to wish you the very best. Training can be intensive but the facilitators do make it fun. Study, study & study. Looking forward to seeing you all on the line.

Dear Delta FA Guy,

Thank you for your encouragement.
Thank you for staying with me all the way to this far.
You are the one who made me real, and proud of myself.

I hope one day, I will realize who you are.

Warmest regards.

19 months ago

Puppy in Canoga Park, California said: Dear Delta FA Guy,

Thank you for your encouragement.
Thank you for staying with me all the way to this far.
You are the one who made me real, and proud of myself.

I hope one day, I will realize who you are.

Warmest regards.

Puppy in Canoga Park, California,

You achieved this on your own. Several of us current FA's were here to encourage you, but, it was YOU who achieved this. You will be successful and I look forward in seeing you out on the line. You will LOVE flying for us...
I'll take this opportunity to say: "Welcome aboard"

Thomas Allen in Alexandria, Louisiana

19 months ago

Dear Delta FA Guy,
I want to start my career with Delta, I cant seem to find the right time to apply with them. Any advice on when they will be accepting applications and hiring? Whats the process and how long

19 months ago

Thomas Allen in Alexandria, Louisiana said: Dear Delta FA Guy,
I want to start my career with Delta, I cant seem to find the right time to apply with them. Any advice on when they will be accepting applications and hiring? Whats the process and how long

Hello Thomas Allen,

We are currently not hiring FA's, however, there are rumors that we should begin hiring in October. How true is this, I really don't know.

As far as the process goes:

You will fill out an online application, if you qualify you will be given a telephone interview and if successful you will be invited to Atlanta for a F2F (Face to Face) interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.