PSA airline

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1072)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

TiffanyDawn

75 months ago

Sue in Livonia, Michigan said: Hi, I plan on attending the interview session on Jan 30th in Charlotte. Have you heard why the delay in training? Seems like along time to wait...

They said that they were up to par on there hiring needs and the people hired before me would be alloted in training first. Waiting till March or April would have made me antsy. I was hired with another airline that starts training before then, Could you let me know what they say at your group?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

curious in Maryville, Tennessee

72 months ago

I am planning on going for the open interview tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the training time or dates? I have been offered a flight attendant position with another airline but would like to give psa an opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

iwannafly in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I will be there as well. I haven't heard anything on training dates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mel

72 months ago

Hi,
Does PSA Airlines require one flight attendant or two on board? Is it mandatory to attend an open house? I live in Illinois, and it can get pricey to travel to an open house. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

72 months ago

Mel said: Hi,
Does PSA Airlines require one flight attendant or two on board? Is it mandatory to attend an open house? I live in Illinois, and it can get pricey to travel to an open house. Thanks.

The PSA Airlines Fleet consists of the Bombardier CRJ-200 which seats 50 (one FA) and the Bombardier CRJ-700 which seats 70 (two FAs). Check the PSA website, but I believe it states all interested candidates must attend one of the PSA Flight Attendant Group Interviews. It really is the best way to learn about the airline and to have any questions you have answered. If you do attend and make it through the first phase, invited guests interview one-to-one with a PSA recruiter, and then you are told that you will hear something one way or the other within two weeks. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

72 months ago

Mel said: Luv2flygirl, thank you for the information.

You're very welcome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

iwannafly in Chicago, Illinois said: I will be there as well. I haven't heard anything on training dates.

Hi iwannafly: I saw your question on the Pinnacle forum, but I thought I would reply here so some people won't get confused what airlines we're talking about. I think there were about 50 people at the recruitment session. If you have any more questions about that day, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

Lets get this forum going. I am a recent hire of PSA. I attended the May open interview session in CLT. I received a call exactly a week later offering me employment. Any one else out there hired from that open house? If there are some, when are yall's start dates? I am excited about beginning my career in aviation. Hope to get some responses soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

georgia07 I just left you a note on the Pinnacle site.
Gail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

Hi luv2flygirl!! Its great to know that another PSA fa is on here. When is your start date?? What open interview did you attend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

georgia07 I will leave you in good hands. Best of luck. Jump over to Pinnacle any time.
Gail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2fly in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Lets get this forum going. I am a recent hire of PSA. I attended the May open interview session in CLT. I received a call exactly a week later offering me employment. Any one else out there hired from that open house? If there are some, when are yall's start dates? I am excited about beginning my career in aviation. Hope to get some responses soon!!

Hello georgia07: I am also a recent new hire. I attended the FA Recruitment and Orientation Session on May 16th in Dayton. I received a call six days later with the offer. They said I could start June 23rd or August something (maybe the 8th, but I didn't write it down). I decided the sooner the better. So are you still waiting for a training date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

yes i am still waiting for a training date. they said august or september but if they had a spot available in the july class that it would be offered to me. When is your start date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

so are you starting in june luv2fly?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2fly in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: yes i am still waiting for a training date. they said august or september but if they had a spot available in the july class that it would be offered to me. When is your start date?

I'm going on June 23rd; a week from tomorrow I leave. They did not say anything about a July class to me. Also, I just made a reply on the Pinnacle forum about your age, so I won't repeat myself here. When they give you a training date they email your study packet for you to print off right away. I will tell you that there is a pretty lengthy safety briefing announcement to memorize. At Republic, we didn't have to memorize anything that long; they used alot of cd's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

Its weird that they did not offer me the June class. I went to the FA recruitment session on May 14 a day before you. I think I am going to call them on Monday and ask if the class is full, if it is then ill ask about the July class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luv2fly in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Its weird that they did not offer me the June class. I went to the FA recruitment session on May 14 a day before you. I think I am going to call them on Monday and ask if the class is full, if it is then ill ask about the July class.

Please let me know what you find out. I have been waiting for a week for a return phone call from the Inflight Training Office. That's kind of bothering me, too. In my packet it states, "If you have any training-related questions, after you have read the Welcome Packet, please feel free to call the Inflight Training Specialist Office," but no one has called me back yet. I am probably going to sign off here soon. I've been working in my yard all day, and I am getting tired. Maybe we can "talk" again tomorrow. Have a good night!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2fly in Sheridan, Indiana said: Please let me know what you find out. I have been waiting for a week for a return phone call from the Inflight Training Office. That's kind of bothering me, too. In my packet it states, "If you have any training-related questions, after you have read the Welcome Packet, please feel free to call the Inflight Training Specialist Office," but no one has called me back yet. I am probably going to sign off here soon. I've been working in my yard all day, and I am getting tired. Maybe we can "talk" again tomorrow. Have a good night!

I sure will. I would love to "talk" some more. I have tons more questions!! Hope to chat with you soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

iwannafly in Chicago, Illinois said: I will be there as well. I haven't heard anything on training dates.

iwannafly,
which open interview session did you attend? Did you get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Its weird that they did not offer me the June class. I went to the FA recruitment session on May 14 a day before you. I think I am going to call them on Monday and ask if the class is full, if it is then ill ask about the July class.

Hi georgia07: Did you get to talk to someone at PSA today? I was hoping to get a return phone call today, but I didn't. I honestly don't know what to think about that. Hope you got some answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: Hi georgia07: Did you get to talk to someone at PSA today? I was hoping to get a return phone call today, but I didn't. I honestly don't know what to think about that. Hope you got some answers.

I called Sid all day today and got no answer. Im guessing that she was out if the office today. I will continue to call daily. Do you know of an email address for Sid Davis, the recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: I called Sid all day today and got no answer. Im guessing that she was out if the office today. I will continue to call daily. Do you know of an email address for Sid Davis, the recruiter?

Sorry, I don't have an email address for anyone. I wish I did. There is that general information email address on their website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: Sorry, I don't have an email address for anyone. I wish I did. There is that general information email address on their website.

Yeah i tried that today, but for some reason it will not work. I really wish I could start training this month but if I can not then I start in July. I will update you if i hear anything. Anyways, what all is in the training packet? Do they give you a training outline?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Yeah i tried that today, but for some reason it will not work. I really wish I could start training this month but if I can not then I start in July. I will update you if i hear anything. Anyways, what all is in the training packet? Do they give you a training outline?

I meant then hopefully ill start in July...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

georgia07 Did you get an email from them in the past like an e-mail invite to an open house?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin said: georgia07 Did you get an email from them in the past like an e-mail invite to an open house?

Heartkin,

No i did not. I saw the open house on their website and attended it. I did send in my resume, but never got any response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Yeah i tried that today, but for some reason it will not work. I really wish I could start training this month but if I can not then I start in July. I will update you if i hear anything. Anyways, what all is in the training packet? Do they give you a training outline?

The Welcome Packet includes: (1) Traveling To Training, (2) Hotel Accommodations, (3) Training Schedule, (4) Training Salary and Fees, (5)Identification and Documentation Requirements, (6) Impressions of Excellence, (7) What Shoud I Bring to Training, and (8) Pre-Class Homework Assignments. Really no training outline, other than most classes start at 0800, but not all. Some training functions will begin later in the day or,in some cases, at night. Subject to change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

I know it is so hard waiting. I hope you can get thru to them tomorrow by phone then. In the mean time hang in there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: The Welcome Packet includes: (1) Traveling To Training, (2) Hotel Accommodations, (3) Training Schedule, (4) Training Salary and Fees, (5)Identification and Documentation Requirements, (6) Impressions of Excellence, (7) What Shoud I Bring to Training, and (8) Pre-Class Homework Assignments. Really no training outline, other than most classes start at 0800, but not all. Some training functions will begin later in the day or,in some cases, at night. Subject to change.

What all does it say to bring to training? I am so anxious to start!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

I would go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

Leave no stone unturned. I hate those words that haunt us in our sleep-Should have, could have, would have. Just some old wisdom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

thanks heartkin! I will probably end up going. They pay for a round-trip ticket, so its a free chance. Robert Trout said the next class would probably be first week of August, which is probably when I will start with PSA. By the way, what airline do you work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: The Welcome Packet includes: (1) Traveling To Training, (2) Hotel Accommodations, (3) Training Schedule, (4) Training Salary and Fees, (5)Identification and Documentation Requirements, (6) Impressions of Excellence, (7) What Shoud I Bring to Training, and (8) Pre-Class Homework Assignments. Really no training outline, other than most classes start at 0800, but not all. Some training functions will begin later in the day or,in some cases, at night. Subject to change.

you still on luv2flygirl?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: What all does it say to bring to training? I am so anxious to start!!

1. training packet
2. required documents (listed on pages 10 & 11)
3. completed homework assignments
4. funds to cover personal expenses
5. three ring binder (3" size)
6. tote bag
7. note paper, pens, pencil, highlighter
8. index cards
9. clothing in compliance with attire guidelines
10. clothing for days off
11. non-perishable food items (optional0
12. small flashlight or penlight
13. A Positive Attitude & Willingness to Learn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

georgia07 I am 54 I have been a mother for thirty five years, a nurse for 20, in the ARMY RESERVES for 9. One thing I have learned is there are good and bad things about everything. And what it all boils down to is what do you want. If you want more pay go for the more pay, if you want benifits go for the benifits. if you want to fly go fly, Go get what you want. I loved nursing and I loved the Army but you can not wait for it to come to you you have to go get it. If you can afford to go why not? What do you have to loose? No matter where you choose to go it will be your choice. Make the most of what you can do and everything else falls in to place

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: 1. training packet
2. required documents (listed on pages 10 & 11)
3. completed homework assignments
4. funds to cover personal expenses
5. three ring binder (3" size)
6. tote bag
7. note paper, pens, pencil, highlighter
8. index cards
9. clothing in compliance with attire guidelines
10. clothing for days off
11. non-perishable food items (optional0
12. small flashlight or penlight
13. A Positive Attitude & Willingness to Learn

Thanks! Are there a lot of airport codes we have to learn? And do we have to learn any announcements? If so how many and are they long?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

Example Some people have gone to some of the worst schools in America and ended up at Harvard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin said: georgia07 I am 54 I have been a mother for thirty five years, a nurse for 20, in the ARMY RESERVES for 9. One thing I have learned is there are good and bad things about everything. And what it all boils down to is what do you want. If you want more pay go for the more pay, if you want benifits go for the benifits. if you want to fly go fly, Go get what you want. I loved nursing and I loved the Army but you can not wait for it to come to you you have to go get it. If you can afford to go why not? What do you have to loose? No matter where you choose to go it will be your choice. Make the most of what you can do and everything else falls in to place

Thank you heartkin! Thats what i was saying: It is a free chance to get a chance at what I want to do!! What airline do you work for now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

I have a number of apps out, I am set for the Aug class at Pinnacle. But am I one of those people that does not like to put all her eggs in one basket. I will go to the first one that puts me in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

Yeah I do too. I applied to Air Wisconsin, Republic, PSA, Piedmont, GoJet, and TSA. I am the same way. I may be young but I know its best to have options.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Hammond, Wisconsin

71 months ago

Good girl you will make it. It's your dream you go for it. You will get out of it what you want to. Do your best thats all anybody can do. What ever will be will be. Good luck. Ask questions, ask questions, ask questions I can't say that enough. Just think you have already had practice. Learn and keep going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Thanks! Are there a lot of airport codes we have to learn? And do we have to learn any announcements? If so how many and are they long?

There are only 62 airport codes. You have to memorize the safety briefing announcement and it is kind of long. (It's a whole page of paper). You also have to memeorize acronyms and define the meaning of each letter, memorize airline terminology, and learn the 24-hour clock. Don't get all worried though; you'll have plenty of time to learn before your start date. They'll send it to you as soon as you have a class date.

I'm probably getting ready to sign off for the night. Talk to you later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

Thank you heartkin!! Great words of encouragment!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: There are only 62 airport codes. You have to memorize the safety briefing announcement and it is kind of long. (It's a whole page of paper). You also have to memeorize acronyms and define the meaning of each letter, memorize airline terminology, and learn the 24-hour clock. Don't get all worried though; you'll have plenty of time to learn before your start date. They'll send it to you as soon as you have a class date.

I'm probably getting ready to sign off for the night. Talk to you later.

Thanks!! I hope I am not aggravating. Good luck with training, I cross my fingers that I will be able to start the 23rd. Please keep us updated on how your training is!! Hope to talk with you soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

71 months ago

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado said: Thanks!! I hope I am not aggravating. Good luck with training, I cross my fingers that I will be able to start the 23rd. Please keep us updated on how your training is!! Hope to talk with you soon!!

You're not. You're excited, as you should be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

Hi everyone!!

I emailed Sid Davis today and got a few responses. There are no openings til August or September. The date of the class has not been scheduled yet. She put me in the "will take an earlier class" stack. I do not want to wait this long but if this is what I want then that is what I will have to do. I am still confused about why I was not offered the june class. Guess they liked luv2fly more than me haha. Anyways, looks like I have a while til I start training. This means more time to STUDY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: You're not. You're excited, as you should be.

Hey luv2flygirl,
did you decide to go to training? If so how is it going thus far? Hope to hear from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

70 months ago

Just letting everyone know I talked to Sid(recruiter) today and I asked her realistically when could I expect to start training and she said probably October, but not making any promises!! My start date just keeps getting pushed back. I am trying to be patient but its so hard!! Is anyone else having this same problem? I know that if this is really what I want to do I have to wait it out. This industry is not doing good right now and I realize this but goodness!! Any words of encouragement or comments??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

heartkin10 in Wisconsin

70 months ago

Hi georgia07,
I am playing th waiting game myself with Pinnacle. And it is so hard. What I am doing is trying to stay busy. I think the harder you work to get what you want the more you appreciate it when you get it. The airlines typically start hiring in the fall for the holidays. I think the worst thing that could happen if your already in is having to redo the drug test And thats not hard.
I am viewing this time as prep time. Researching, reading forums, swimming, bike riding, saving money, using the advice on the forums to pick up stuff I am going to need, thinking about hair and make-up. Yes the waiting is hard. But I have not heard or read anything to change my mind yet.
If you want some hint to other sites let me know I would love to forward them to you.
Hang in there.
Gail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgia07 in Denver, Colorado

70 months ago

heartkin10 in Wisconsin said: Hi georgia07,
I am playing th waiting game myself with Pinnacle. And it is so hard. What I am doing is trying to stay busy. I think the harder you work to get what you want the more you appreciate it when you get it. The airlines typically start hiring in the fall for the holidays. I think the worst thing that could happen if your already in is having to redo the drug test And thats not hard.
I am viewing this time as prep time. Researching, reading forums, swimming, bike riding, saving money, using the advice on the forums to pick up stuff I am going to need, thinking about hair and make-up. Yes the waiting is hard. But I have not heard or read anything to change my mind yet.
If you want some hint to other sites let me know I would love to forward them to you.
Hang in there.
Gail

Gail,
Other sites would be great. I am a member at flightattendants.org. Its an ok website but not many ppl post like here on indeed.
I am trying to get a job in the meantime so I can save up money. I have 3 interviews this week. I am also going to an interview later this month with Piedmont Airlines. I am glad to hear that there are some other people in the same boat as myself. We can help each other get through this.

Georgia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.