Mesa Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 5948)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

taycs in Goodlettsville, Tennessee

88 months ago

Is there anyone out there who works as a flight attendant for Mesa? I hear so much negative conversation about them and the way they treat their employees. I am going to an open session and I wanted to make sure that taking a job with them would be a good decision. Noone has to bash them. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

fly-away

87 months ago

Its a good airline. I went to a open house that they had . They hire me and send me all the information concerning the training. At the open house, those guys are very honest. They explain you everything concerning to be a F.A. Its your desition to be or not to be.....
Its a great airline. I dont accept the job just because my base will be in Arizona, and I have a 7 years relation here and its not fare to give up that relation for a job. Be a Flight Attendant its my dream. Maybe I will have other oportunitie soon...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

ATL FA in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Mesa? You've got to be kidding? The previous poster has third grade spelling skills and they got hired! That, in itself, should tell you something. Great job if you want to work like an elephant and get paid peanuts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Sexi in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

85 months ago

Mesa is not all that I work for them now they jus a bunch of bull

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Woo in Decatur, Georgia

84 months ago

Sexi in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: Mesa is not all that I work for them now they jus a bunch of bull

Sexi how is the pay at Mesa and why do you say its a bunch of bull. I am schedule to go to Arizona for FA training in Oct. but I am nervous because I have a family, in school, and make decent money. But FA is something I have always considered doing becuase it seems like they make a lot of easy, fun, money. But anyway I want to know if its worth the life change and lower pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ATL FA in Marietta, Georgia

84 months ago

Easy, fun money??? Are you kidding? You are going to make about $17,000 yr and work your way up to $25,000 yr After several years of hard work. You will not have time for family, friends or school for the first year - plan on putting your personal life on hold. Forget the lies they told you at the interview - you have just signed on for Legalized Slave Labor. If you have a husband to pay the bills while you are working then you are lucky. If not, you will be sharing a place with other fa's or living at home with your parents because you will not be able to afford a place of your own. If you are older and your home and car are already paid for then you are in a better position to work this 'fun' job. More than half of all new flight attendants quit after the first month. One in ten will make it to their 5 yr anniversary. Bad odds here. The benefits stink! Free travel? The free travel is stand-by. The planes are full and you cant get a 'free' seat if you have less than 15 yrs seniority. A REAL job will pay you enough to buy a REAL seat if you want to travel. And don't forget the risks to your health! One in ten of us is out on medical leave for severe illness or injury. You could end up like me - stuck to an IV pole for months unable to go outdoors or work ANY job. Take a look at www.welcomeaboardtoxicairlines and tell those people they can keep their lousy fa job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Albuquerque, New Mexico

84 months ago

taycs in Goodlettsville, Tennessee said: Is there anyone out there who works as a flight attendant for Mesa? I hear so much negative conversation about them and the way they treat their employees. I am going to an open session and I wanted to make sure that taking a job with them would be a good decision. Noone has to bash them. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision.

Hi there,
I'm going for training Oct.17.
The recruiter at my open house where wonderful!
I believe any job has some thing negative to talk about.I'm looking forward to make up my own judgement.Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Mesa is just another regional airline. They are all the same. No need to bash them, the job speaks for itself. Long, hard days, poverty wages and damaging consequences to your health. Sure, most jobs have their negative side BUT how many jobs are there that put your health in jeopardy for such piddly wages? Oh, won't happen to me... that's what I thought too eight years ago when I became an FA... want to see me now? I've been hooked up to IV meds for several months. I can't work my FA job or ANY other job for at least another six months and I'm living on disability insurance which barely covers my mortgage. Everything I ever worked for, my car, my home, my savings will all be gone soon because I thought... Oh, won't happen to me. I'm part of a large group of FA's and pilots in the same boat and I'd like to spare other people from making a disastrous mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Woo in Jonesboro, Georgia

84 months ago

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear about your experince and your condition. But what I don't understand is why are you hooked up to an IV and can't work for another 6 months. I did in fact watch the video on youtube but I didn't think that would have you messed up like that. So what is that make this job hazardes to your health and so bad. Well I know the pay but I am looking for the benefits. I have tried to buy buddy passes but can't find no one selling them so I said hell I guess I will work as a FA for about one year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I too will be there for training on Oct. 17 but I am still not familiar with Mesa Airline. Can you tell me what you know, like where do they fly? And You have a good attitude considering what negative things everyone has said about being a FA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Thanks for your response, it has helped with the decision i have made. But I think that I will try the training and see how it goes then leave it in God hands. But since I do have a husband and paid for car I shouldn't have much to worry about, nothing but being gone a lot and my health. But I am guessing that you have to work this job along time for your health to get as bad as to needing an IV. How long have you been with Mesa Air? Are you still there or did you quite if so how long did you stay?And is there anything else you can tell me you think would be important? Oh one last question how many people would you say made it out of training and is still there? Was training easy? I want to thank you for your time and responses it does help out a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Honestly, the pay is so low and then there are the expenses of uniforms, dry cleaning those uniforms, meals on the road, luggage and luggage repairs, etc etc that it is hardly worth it just for travel bennies. Sure, you can travel cheap/free but it is standby and most planes are full and you never know if you are getting on the plane or getting back home. Personally, I detest what they call 'non rev' flying. I buy tickets on travelocity when i want to go someplace and Know I at least have a seat. Just about any other job will put more money in your pocket so you can buy a 'real' ticket. I hope this answered your questions. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Dang Im sorry to hear that. You know there must be some truth to this because I have read a lot of FA saying the same thing. This job is not worth my health. I wonder why the government haven't step in and did something. Were you warned about this before you begin working as a FA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Woo in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Thanks for your response, it has helped with the decision i have made. But I think that I will try the training and see how it goes then leave it in God hands. But since I do have a husband and paid for car I shouldn't have much to worry about, nothing but being gone a lot and my health. But I am guessing that you have to work this job along time for your health to get as bad as to needing an IV. How long have you been with Mesa Air? Are you still there or did you quite if so how long did you stay?And is there anything else you can tell me you think would be important? Oh one last question how many people would you say made it out of training and is still there? Was training easy? I want to thank you for your time and responses it does help out a lot.

hi woo, a lot of questions but that is good. knowledge is power. i am fa with delta connection and not mesa although i know some mesa fa's. our training was very demanding, we had a class of 62, 30 made it to graduation, about a dozen lasted the first 6 mos of reserve. i've been with them 8 yrs and am still employed although on extended medical leave. there are 4 of us left from my training class. 2 are flying and 2 on med leave. i got my first serious infection the 2nd mo of flying. i had sinus surgery my 2nd yr of flying. last yr i had surgery on my leg for a collapsed valve from standing too long in a pressurized cabin and now i'm on IV. I had perfect health before taking this job and i am NOT a rare case. the airlines do a great job of keeping all our health and injury problems hush hush. i am a member of AFA AFL-CIO and even the union can't get the company to divulge how many of us are affected. I wish you well should you decide to try this out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

ATL FA in Marietta, Georgia said: hi woo, a lot of questions but that is good. knowledge is power. i am fa with delta connection and not mesa although i know some mesa fa's. our training was very demanding, we had a class of 62, 30 made it to graduation, about a dozen lasted the first 6 mos of reserve. i've been with them 8 yrs and am still employed although on extended medical leave. there are 4 of us left from my training class. 2 are flying and 2 on med leave. i got my first serious infection the 2nd mo of flying. i had sinus surgery my 2nd yr of flying. last yr i had surgery on my leg for a collapsed valve from standing too long in a pressurized cabin and now i'm on IV. I had perfect health before taking this job and i am NOT a rare case. the airlines do a great job of keeping all our health and injury problems hush hush. i am a member of AFA AFL-CIO and even the union can't get the company to divulge how many of us are affected. I wish you well should you decide to try this out.

Thanks for all your responses. But yes I think I am going to pass on this job and stay with the 9-5. Do you think you will go back and if you don't mind answering what kept you there so long? Sorry about all the questions but I just want to make the right chose when it comes to my life, health, and family. And again Thanks!!! I hope you get well soon!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

there is no such thing as too many questions. i wish i knew the risks before jumping into this job because i may have kept the good paying albeit boring office job i had before. i was promised by the airline that i could 'work' my schedule to be practically a part-time job and still have full benefits. i was an empty nester with a lot of time on my hands and love to travel. it seemed like a perfect fit. my doctors do not want me to ever go back to flying and for the time being i'm just stuck between a rock and hard place. i cannot quit as i need the medical insurance to pay for all this. well, it doesn't pay all and i'm flat broke with all the bills but am hoping the treatments work and i will be well enough next yr to a nice boring office job again. there are fa's who have coasted thru their job for many yrs without a serious injury or illness but i, and my doctors, think its just extraordinary luck. sort of like crossing the street with your eyes closed - some will get run over and others not. i just want to get as much info out to ppl considering this job as i can so an educated decision can be made with more of the facts.

Barbiedoll in Tyrone, Georgia

84 months ago

Hi. My name is Halee and I just got hired with Mesa as well, and I am sheduled to leave for training October 8. Is anyone out there going to be attending that training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tamika in Charlotte, North Carolina

84 months ago

Hi my name is Tamika and I just got an invite to a Mesa ope house interview in Charlotte NC next week. I am a former Flight Attendant... I worked for Chautauqua Airlines for a little over three years. I loved it reserve and allbut, my question is how does Mesa interview process works and is there any Mesa FA out there who may have any information about there interview process and training thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

please take a minute to read the previous posts. for info on interviewing with several airlines go to aviationinterviews.com good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Barbiedoll in Tyrone, Georgia said: Hi. My name is Halee and I just got hired with Mesa as well, and I am sheduled to leave for training October 8. Is anyone out there going to be attending that training?

Congrulations on going to training I know that your very excited. I wish you well maybe I can help answer some questions you might have about training. I'm a former Flight Attendant with Chautauqua Airlines.. I'm trying to get back in the industry ...my open house interview with Mesa is next week. Again good luck remember to study hard know your airport codes and among all the test that your going to have make friends and have a Little fun.

84 months ago

THanks great web site

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Tamika in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi my name is Tamika and I just got an invite to a Mesa ope house interview in Charlotte NC next week. I am a former Flight Attendant... I worked for Chautauqua Airlines for a little over three years. I loved it reserve and allbut, my question is how does Mesa interview process works and is there any Mesa FA out there who may have any information about there interview process and training thanks

Hi Tamika,
I went to an open house Sep.12 ,I'm leaving for training Oct.16.The open house was very nice,Amy and Rita who did the recruiting made us feel very comfortable.
They did a presentation, had us introduce each other and tell why we want to be a FA.
Then we had a one on one,asking previous job situations.
They are very nice,just relax and be your self,good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

FlyGirl in La Center, Washington

84 months ago

Judy in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Hi Tamika,
I went to an open house Sep.12 ,I'm leaving for training Oct.16.The open house was very nice,Amy and Rita who did the recruiting made us feel very comfortable.
They did a presentation, had us introduce each other and tell why we want to be a FA.
Then we had a one on one,asking previous job situations.
They are very nice,just relax and be your self,good luck

Hi Judy,

I will be in your training class on the 17th. I've been talking to a bunch of people who just went through training, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. STUDY YOUR AIRPORT CODES. The first or second day of class you have a huge test (I heard it was 100 o 150 questions) where you have to write out all of the area codes. You also need to know the lingo. Flashcards were recommended.

The last class had 1/3 of their FA's go to Phoenix, a 1/3 go to Washington-Dulles, and 1/3 go to Chicago.

See you in a few weeks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sturgisbiker in Rapid City, South Dakota

84 months ago

taycs in Goodlettsville, Tennessee said: Is there anyone out there who works as a flight attendant for Mesa? I hear so much negative conversation about them and the way they treat their employees. I am going to an open session and I wanted to make sure that taking a job with them would be a good decision. Noone has to bash them. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision.

They wouldn't let me bring my Harley on, but I guess that is standard procedure, what they tell me anyway. Other than that they are ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sturgisbiker in Rapid City, South Dakota

84 months ago

Tamika in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi my name is Tamika and I just got an invite to a Mesa ope house interview in Charlotte NC next week. I am a former Flight Attendant... I worked for Chautauqua Airlines for a little over three years. I loved it reserve and allbut, my question is how does Mesa interview process works and is there any Mesa FA out there who may have any information about there interview process and training thanks

Your first skill for the interview would be proper english and above 1st grade language skills, and please don't take a typing test...This is my old lady speaking..not me.

84 months ago

Thanks for your support and friendly words, sounds like someone slept on the wrong side of the BED.... Is that spelled correctly????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Thanks Judy, that information helps alot. I've been doing mock interviews all week and reading the latest Airline news. I feel pretty confident about my skills I just pray that Mesa feels the same way (smile)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lacey2 in oneida, New York

84 months ago

I too have been invited for mesa interview. Can anyone tell me how soon they hire you after the interview process if selected?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hi there Lacey, I dont exactly know but my first interview is this Tuesday here in Charlotte. I will send you any info I get on Wed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Tamika in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi there Lacey, I dont exactly know but my first interview is this Tuesday here in Charlotte. I will send you any info I get on Wed

I have an interview with them on Wednesday here in New York. Good luck. Let me know how you make out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Tamika in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Thanks Judy, that information helps alot. I've been doing mock interviews all week and reading the latest Airline news. I feel pretty confident about my skills I just pray that Mesa feels the same way (smile)

You are welcome,
Just be your self and you will be fine,did I spell that right?( just kidding ) hope to see you there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

FlyGirl in La Center, Washington said: Hi Judy,

I will be in your training class on the 17th. I've been talking to a bunch of people who just went through training, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. STUDY YOUR AIRPORT CODES. The first or second day of class you have a huge test (I heard it was 100 o 150 questions) where you have to write out all of the area codes. You also need to know the lingo. Flashcards were recommended.

The last class had 1/3 of their FA's go to Phoenix, a 1/3 go to Washington-Dulles, and 1/3 go to Chicago.

See you in a few weeks!

Hi,
Thanks a bunch,what do you mean by lingo?
I'm more nervous about the anouncements,German is my first language and I sound so weird.Do we get multiple choice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Lacey2 in oneida, New York said: I too have been invited for mesa interview. Can anyone tell me how soon they hire you after the interview process if selected?

Hi,
My interview was on Sep.12. and on Sep.17. I got the call to go for training on Oct.17.
I think they move pretty fast.
Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Good luck Judy, are you new to the flight attendant field? Thanks for the info!
How nerve racking was the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in New Jersey

84 months ago

Wow I never realized being an FA was so difficult... I did know it was tiring but that was all.

I am glad our Corporation is now has a Promotional offer for any Alight Attendants that wants their own business.

I know it is a difficult job but somebody has to do it, right? My girlfriend is still doing it and it is killing her all the late flights she has been doing this for like 9 years and wants to quit living on two coasts now so she is leaving at the end of Oct 07.

I realize that if you do it full time it must be even worse. I am happy our corporation is offering this special for any of you that want to get out of working at the airlines but hope things will also improve there.

I wish you all the best of luck,
mytravel732@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in New Jersey

84 months ago

OPP's I forgot to mention we also have FREE Medical Insurance and Life Insurance for all Business Owner's because I know it is a real concern for many of you who have obtain an illness while flying. My girlfriend is only part time so she does not feel all the effects of a full time FA I guess.

Wow I really had no idea, I think it is very toxic on there, and you all gotta be careful and keep your immune system strong, I am very much into natural healing take your vitamin B's plus make sure you stay away from Soda, drink juice if you can keep up on your vitamin C's...

www.naturalcures.com is a good site for more info
and also www.neways.com for healthy products I dont work for any of them but I use their products.

I am a Travel Agent and Consultant.

84 months ago

Lacey2 in oneida, New York said: Good luck Judy, are you new to the flight attendant field? Thanks for the info!
How nerve racking was the interview?

Yes I'm new to this field.
I was very nervous going to the open house.
They are wonderful and make you feel great.

FlyGirl in La Center, Washington

84 months ago

Judy in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Hi,
Thanks a bunch,what do you mean by lingo?
I'm more nervous about the anouncements,German is my first language and I sound so weird.Do we get multiple choice?

I was told the first test isn't multiple choice. I went to the store to buy some stuff and made flashcards last night. I was told if you don't pass the first test (score a decent amount) you are sent home. Judy, why did you choose Mesa? I know Delta is hiring bilingual FA's right now, and you could make a lot more $ with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hi Judy,
Just wanted to offer a little advice you might want try using the internet to locate Airport Codes. Mesa flies all over the east and west coast...for instance Atlanta would be ATL, Charlotte NC would be CLT, Clevland-CLE, Columbia SC,-Cae each city has an airline code try learning them five at a time Mesa should have given you a packet with there codes. Try making up a song...I do know that this test is very important it's one the hardest besides learning your announcements and CPR training. Study Hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

You can also record yourself on a mp3player or tape recorder saying the airport codes and then play it back in your car, around the house, etc. That is how I got through nursing school, my kids use to recite my anatomy words with me in the car! Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

That is so true ...are you excited about you interview on Wed? You might also want to know a little background about the company like when it was founded (1982) some guy named Larry Risley it's all on there website he actually mortaged his house to get Mesa Started don't forget to smile smile I wish you well

84 months ago

Well they are looking for every language but German I tried,is that weird or what ? I would love to get to go to Germany.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Tamika in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi Judy,
Just wanted to offer a little advice you might want try using the internet to locate Airport Codes. Mesa flies all over the east and west coast...for instance Atlanta would be ATL, Charlotte NC would be CLT, Clevland-CLE, Columbia SC,-Cae each city has an airline code try learning them five at a time Mesa should have given you a packet with there codes. Try making up a song...I do know that this test is very important it's one the hardest besides learning your announcements and CPR training. Study Hard.

Thanks ,got the packet,been studying like crazy.I can't stand hearing my self sing,thanks any way,haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Delta Connection IS hiring and you get the same benefits by being a part of Delta. If you are determined to fly, are over age 21 and have half a brain (whole brain not required) ASA is Always hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Thanks ATL FA in Marietta,
I guess it's to late now,I'm leaving for training in two weeks.Maybe I can get into it at a later time.Is it hard to switch companies?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

you can 'switch' anytime but you start at the bottom of the seniority list again. guard your health and best of luck in your new adventure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Tamika, Good luck tomorrow! I will be rooting for you, let me know how you make out. I am going to my interview next week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Lisa, my interview with them is next week. How was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa

84 months ago

Lacey,

It actually was the group interview. It was very pleasant to sit through. Things were kept very "lite". Dale and Reta were the 2 recruiters. After the base presentation, we were talked with 1 on 1. A few simple questions were asked. Ex: What goal did you set out for and did you accomplish it and how? The 1 on 1 lasted less then 5 minutes. I hope I am offered a position. They say I should receive an email within 2-28 days. UGH...the wait. I wish you luck. Keep in touch! mrsjem2004@aol.com

Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Lisa in Wheaton, Illinois said: I had my first interview with Mesa tonight. Wondering if anyone has received the package via email and could forward it to me?

I am very excited about a new future.

Lisa,
Good luck!They called me within a week.Leaving for class on Oct.15.
After the call,you will get the packet right away.Every Airline has different study material.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.