express jet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 9933)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

caryn in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

does anyone have any info on express jet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (133) Reply - Report abuse

vacation in Goodlettsville, Tennessee

64 months ago

I'm thinking of applying for an airport position with Express Jet. I can't seem to find out that much about them on this forum. I can only assume that this is either because everyone is happy and dont feel the need to vent about them on here or because they are not hiring FA's at the moment.

Does anyone have any info about travel benefits? Are they the same for ground staff as for flight crew? Do you have to work for them for a set period of time before you are eligible for the benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Libby in Canfield, Ohio

64 months ago

I don't know anything about their flight benefits, but I do know that you can't apply for FA position until they post an opening. I have a friend that works for this airline and really likes it. I have been watching for them to post an opening since this time last year and still nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

erwin in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

vacation in Goodlettsville, Tennessee said: I'm thinking of applying for an airport position with Express Jet. I can't seem to find out that much about them on this forum. I can only assume that this is either because everyone is happy and dont feel the need to vent about them on here or because they are not hiring FA's at the moment.

Does anyone have any info about travel benefits? Are they the same for ground staff as for flight crew? Do you have to work for them for a set period of time before you are eligible for the benefits?

answer: I heard they will have 2 classes coming this June 2009 and December 2009. I guess if u r interested, u should apply now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

young america in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

vishal in Mesquite, Texas said: is it important to attach a cover letter with you're resume?

I don't think it is important to attach a cover letter. But it is always nice to do it. Anyway, they r more concern about your truth on the application than your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Libby in Canfield, Ohio

56 months ago

Just to let everyone know...they're hiring !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FA4life in Staten Island, New York

56 months ago

Amy in Newark, New Jersey said: Do you work for them? I applied and I'm curious about the process, and the benefits (pay, per diem, guarantee, etc)

I applied Tuesday and received an email yesterday inviting me to interview in IAH the first week in December. (Amy, I think we were coworkers at EWR if you work for CJC).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Newark, New Jersey

56 months ago

FA4life in Staten Island, New York said: I applied Tuesday and received an email yesterday inviting me to interview in IAH the first week in December. (Amy, I think we were coworkers at EWR if you work for CJC).

Nope I don't work for them but I know a few people that do. I applied Tuesday as well and didn't receive an invitation.. oh well I guess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

G-G in Patchogue, New York

56 months ago

Hi,

Can anyone tell me more about Express Jet? Is it union/non union? On reserve, is it flexible to swap/drop/pick-up trips? Are their FAs happy? And I can't find a route map, does anyone have info on the cities they service? Are there a lot of overnights available or mainly turns?

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Libby in Canfield, Ohio

56 months ago

Amy, I don't work for ExpressJet, but I am very interested in the company. I applied on Thursday and received an email invitation two days later to come to IAH the first week of December. I am concerned that my offer will be retracted because I measured myself with shoes on and I'm over 5'9". I don't know how firm they are on this, but I'm sure its a safety issue. So I'm just waiting to hear if I'm too tall! LOL ! You'll probably get your invite this week. Good Luck . I guess they picked up some additional flying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

malord in Cleveland, Ohio

56 months ago

Libby in Canfield, Ohio said: Amy, I don't work for ExpressJet, but I am very interested in the company. I applied on Thursday and received an email invitation two days later to come to IAH the first week of December. I am concerned that my offer will be retracted because I measured myself with shoes on and I'm over 5'9". I don't know how firm they are on this, but I'm sure its a safety issue. So I'm just waiting to hear if I'm too tall! LOL ! You'll probably get your invite this week. Good Luck . I guess they picked up some additional flying.

Libby, they have been awarded some new United flying, which sounds very exciting. I, too, am going the first week of December. Good luck to you and all who have applied! It would be nice to be based where I live!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Amy in Newark, New Jersey said: Do you work for them? I applied and I'm curious about the process, and the benefits (pay, per diem, guarantee, etc)

Amy, when did you apply? I got an email Saturday, so if you just applied, then wait a bit. Good luck. You'll hear from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

malord in Cleveland, Ohio said: Amy, when did you apply? I got an email Saturday, so if you just applied, then wait a bit. Good luck. You'll hear from them.

I applied Tuesday, as did my best friend who has more experience than me and hasn't heard either.

I don't suppose they're providing travel to IAH are they? I know it's a rarity these days and I was just curious..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Amy in Newark, New Jersey said: I applied Tuesday, as did my best friend who has more experience than me and hasn't heard either.

I don't suppose they're providing travel to IAH are they? I know it's a rarity these days and I was just curious..

Hah actually it looks like I applied Thursday. Wow. I've been sick for the past two weeks.. looks like I've lost track of my days lol. Maybe I'll hear something in the next few days then!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Yes, they are providing transportation from closest airport to you where Continental has service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

You too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dieselguy81 in Tucson, Arizona

56 months ago

I also got invited for an interview next week and Im very exited. They give you the option for 3 different dates and they will fly you to the interview. I guess you cant be taller than 5'9 because they clearance of the plane is 6'1. So Im sure it wont be a problem if your a little taller than 5'9. Good luck to all who are attending next week! I am just waiting for a response on their email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Newbie in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

E in Ronkonkoma, New York

56 months ago

Hi guys,

I know the reserve guarantee is 80 hours, but does anyone know if reserves ever go over that? (Or, if reserves can pick up trips on days off?)

Thanks!

Libby in Canfield, Ohio

56 months ago

Well I'm out because I'm too tall. I respect their policy. They told me it is a safety issue. I was afraid this would happen. :(
Good Luck to all of you going next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dieselguy81 in Tucson, Arizona

56 months ago

How tall are you with shoes Libby? I am right at 5'9 with shoes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Libby in Canfield, Ohio

56 months ago

I am close to 5'10" without shoes, so depending on the shoes ?? You will be fine right at 5'9", so Good Luck. I'm not giving up my dream..just looking for a bigger plane. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Libby in Canfield, Ohio said: I am close to 5'10" without shoes, so depending on the shoes ?? You will be fine right at 5'9", so Good Luck. I'm not giving up my dream..just looking for a bigger plane. LOL

Oh, sorry to hear about your height issue. That stinks, but it is for your safety. The last thing you or the airline wants is for you to hurt yourself if you happen to be standing during turbulence. Unfortunately, it's happened. :(

Just FYI, Colgan, which is also a regional airline flies Q400s that don't have the height restriction.

Good luck in your career. Keep at it---you'll get something eventually!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else, BTW!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tricey83 in Arlington, Texas

56 months ago

I got an Invite as well... just a little concerned about the 80 hours... I would like to be able to work more then that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ginger in Encinitas, California

56 months ago

My interview is on the 2nd. When is yours Desilguy81? 80 hours is the flight hour. You will be working much more than that, and of course you can pick up flights on your day off if your not too tired and it is within the guidelines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

adiaz in Staten Island, New York

56 months ago

I applied to xjet on the 22 and did not receive anything by now does this mean i did not get accepted ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Ginger in Encinitas, California said: My interview is on the 2nd. When is yours Desilguy81? 80 hours is the flight hour. You will be working much more than that, and of course you can pick up flights on your day off if your not too tired and it is within the guidelines.

My is also on the 2nd Ginger. I fly out of Arizona early in the morning. Hope we can meet there! Exited about this interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nimmysnv in Indore, India

56 months ago

vishal in Mesquite, Texas said: is it important to attach a cover letter with you're resume?

Hi,

Yes it has to be done as, this is very important and yet very helpful too.

I do advice one fo my friend to do this.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Dec. 2nd is coming up fast! I'll be ready. See everyone there on 12/2. Maybe it'll be my lucky day, it's also my Mom's birthday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Good Luck Malord and Ginger! I will see you there December 2nd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

See you there dieselguy81.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

FA4 in Staten Island, New York

56 months ago

malord in Cleveland, Ohio said: See you there dieselguy81.

Hey, I'll be there too! ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

looking to the blue skies in California

56 months ago

Good luck to all interviewing this week! Keep us all posted on how the interview goes.

It's great to have an airline help get you to the interview so it's not on our dime.....especially during the holidays!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Looking to the blue skies.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

looking to the blue skies in California

56 months ago

Hey is anyone on this forum flying currently for ExpressJet? Can you share how the flying is going right now and future growth of company? How many hours you are currently flying? Is it easy to bid for additional flying?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flightygal in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

I received a voicemail from an ExpressJet Recruiter and my phone auto deleted the message containing the phone number and email address.

Can anyone please provide this to me? Please email me at duhmblond1227@yahoo.com. I greatly appreciate and GOOD LUCK!!!

Merita Long in Milton, Florida

56 months ago

looking to the blue skies in California said: Good luck to all interviewing this week! Keep us all posted on how the interview goes.

It's great to have an airline help get you to the interview so it's not on our dime.....especially during the holidays!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Looking to the blue skies.....

WHAT DATES DID THEY GIVE YOU TO CHOSE FROM FOR INTERVIEWS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Merita Long in Milton, Florida said: WHAT DATES DID THEY GIVE YOU TO CHOSE FROM FOR INTERVIEWS?

ARE THEY HAVING CLASSES IN DEC. & JAN. OR JUST JAN.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

FA4 in Staten Island, New York said: Hey, I'll be there too! ;)

See you there too FA4! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Merita Long in Milton, Florida said: ARE THEY HAVING CLASSES IN DEC. & JAN. OR JUST JAN.?

Not sure when the next class will be. I will keep you posted as soon as we find anything tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I just want to wish everyone good luck during their interviews this week! I hope we all get hired and join the next training class! Lets all go with a positive attitude and Im sure we will make it :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adiaz in Staten Island, New York

56 months ago

Did anyone from ewr get a call back for an interview with expressjet ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sasho in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

I currently am an ASA for ExpressJet, the training class is tentatively scheduled for Jan 4th. As for height, they are strict to a degree, when i applied to be a flight attendant in 07, i thought I was 5'10 which is to tall, turns out i'm actually 5'8. I'll be there on the 4th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Sasho in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: I currently am an ASA for ExpressJet, the training class is tentatively scheduled for Jan 4th. As for height, they are strict to a degree, when i applied to be a flight attendant in 07, i thought I was 5'10 which is to tall, turns out i'm actually 5'8. I'll be there on the 4th.

Are they just having one class?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

riverluvr in Murchison, Texas

56 months ago

What was the interview process?? Do they let you know that day if you are going to training? Thanks for any info! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flyhighgirl in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

what happen to the girls that was going to come back and tell everyone how there interview went?? I guess they did not get the job...scary.

I got an email for Monday or Tuesday interviews next week did any one else get invited?

Livin it Up in Newark, New Jersey

56 months ago

flyhighgirl in Houston, Texas said: what happen to the girls that was going to come back and tell everyone how there interview went?? I guess they did not get the job...scary.

I got an email for Monday or Tuesday interviews next week did any one else get invited?

Oh, you know, they could be off working, because they all have jobs. I like how you assume everyone was female too. Sexist much?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful FA in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

dieselguy81 in Tucson, Arizona said: My is also on the 2nd Ginger. I fly out of Arizona early in the morning. Hope we can meet there! Exited about this interview.

Hi guys,

How was the interview yesterday....we're all dying to find out! Any thoughts?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flyhighgirl in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

Listen Ms sir or miss...if you would have been readying the post you would have notice that they were females who did the talking...oops! that went over your head. I guess its the cold weather.
This does not look good..nobody has come back saying they got the job. boy.

55 months ago

The interview process was good. They are very nice. They give a presentation, then you do the f2f, and then they let you know. It was very professionally done, and well organized. It's a class act all the way. Several people were offered positions but I'm not sure how many because they had 2 sessions on one day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.