Silver Airways

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1020)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

cb in Pensacola, Florida

31 months ago

Have any of you all applied to this company? They are based out of FLL and fly for United Express. They are new to flight attendants. The are operating the Saab340b that they got from Mesaba airlines. they have 3 planes now and are expected to have 24 by end of year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FLYWME in Tampa, Florida

31 months ago

I applied and no response as well???? Anyone know whats going on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lexi in Cape Coral, Florida

31 months ago

I APPLIED HAVENT HEARD ANY THING A WEEK AGO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE REALLY HIRING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

In Tampa

31 months ago

Yes they are... Was offered a CJO. Couldn't make the training dates ... But was offered... Just FYI. Sounded like a fun company to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cb in Pensacola, Florida

31 months ago

i was recently contacted by them and they are now hiring for a san juan puerto rico base

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lexi in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

can you give me any info on how you went about applying to get contacted i would love sanjuan as a base thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

lexi in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

cb in Pensacola, Florida said: i was recently contacted by them and they are now hiring for a san juan puerto rico base

were you invited to an open house did they email you and can you give me any tips because i havent got any responce back are they not wanting former fas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Karen

30 months ago

What is the pay? How many hours a month guaranteed? How long is training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shequiddah in Springfield, Massachusetts

30 months ago

From what I read, their SJU positions are a 5 week temp jig, so I would not call SJU a base/hub, least til AA Eagle finally goes away. A FA open house was held on 05/19 in a western PR resort, I wish I had learned before hand, but apparently, they did not seem to have advertised it much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

FutureFA

29 months ago

ANY ONE THATS BEEN TO AN OH,THAT CAN GIVE ME ANY INFO. HAS ANY ONE RECIVIED A CALL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in Greensboro, North Carolina

28 months ago

i think i applied more than 2 and even sent my resume by mail.still nothing...i guess just be patient a keep looking around if i hear anything,i will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

I got a call from hr the other day but have to call her on monday. I think they are hiring for atl this time around because they start flying for dal in the fall and they would have to get us trained before then. Hope you all get a call but it seems like they only want exp flight attendants. Good luck to you all....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

I want to fly in Staunton, Virginia

28 months ago

I applied and heard nothing, They start flying here at the end of October,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

FutureFA said: ANY ONE THATS BEEN TO AN OH,THAT CAN GIVE ME ANY INFO. HAS ANY ONE RECIVIED A CALL?

I received a call from hr today and they are looking to fill atl, missippi and west virginia and she asked what area and told her that I was willing to go to any base, and know that they are starting atl in the fall and if she needed to fill that first I would be more than willing to go..She said that they may or maynot have another o/h my res has been forwarded to the hiring manager and I will hear either way and I might have my final over the phone and they make a decision then. Training is in fll for 2 weeks and it is paid 18.50 per hour for 75 and per diem like 1.80. Hope that helps all of you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in Greensboro, North Carolina

28 months ago

hoo houa so you never went to a F2F? they can hire you over the phone?that`s strange. but thanks for the info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Greenwood, Indiana

28 months ago

Hello, I applied on July 30th and heard anything yet, I have previous flight attendant experience so i'm hoping to hear something. Anyone heard anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Greg in Greenwood, Indiana said: Hello, I applied on July 30th and heard anything yet, I have previous flight attendant experience so i'm hoping to hear something. Anyone heard anything yet?

Hey Gregg, I had my interview on the phone and I am being referred the next one on the phone too because she said tht they might not do the open house for this time around that they dont have time. They are looking to fill missippi, ga, and dulles. I will let you know if I get passed the second interview. Who did you fly for. I flew for xjet back in 2000 and have emb 120 the saab is almost the same except the galley and jumpseat in the back insted. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in Greensboro, North Carolina said: hoo houa so you never went to a F2F? they can hire you over the phone?that`s strange. but thanks for the info

Yes they can and awaiting to see if I make the second. I am being referred by hr and she said the hr manger make the decision, and they will offer you training on that day too. So this next two weeks i will find out..Sounds like a good place to work..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

28 months ago

yep.good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

28 months ago

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona said: Yes they can and awaiting to see if I make the second. I am being referred by hr and she said the hr manger make the decision, and they will offer you training on that day too. So this next two weeks i will find out..Sounds like a good place to work..

i don`t know why,but i have this issue to summit my application.i think i did couples weeks ago,but i trying to do that again,but is not going Truth.i can`t even go to the second page.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HappysilverFA in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

Im a current FA for Silver. This is a great company and a fun place to work. Great Benefits to. And no is not that easy, you will have a F2F in FLL after your phone interview. I love this company and we are growing BIG!! Oh and ATL, IAD, FLL will be senior bases. Most junior will be going to SHD, AOO, CKB. Good Luck to all. Make sure you have a passion for this industry and Customer Service, we are difrent from other airlines, we make every passengers experience a unique one onboard our 340B +

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

28 months ago

HappysilverFA in Baltimore, Maryland said: Im a current FA for Silver. This is a great company and a fun place to work. Great Benefits to. And no is not that easy, you will have a F2F in FLL after your phone interview. I love this company and we are growing BIG!! Oh and ATL, IAD, FLL will be senior bases. Most junior will be going to SHD, AOO, CKB. Good Luck to all. Make sure you have a passion for this industry and Customer Service, we are difrent from other airlines, we make every passengers experience a unique one onboard our 340B +

Happysilver, Thanks for your post. I just submitted my application on-line. I have no previous FA experience and need to be based out of ft lauderdale because of family. Do you think they will be hiring for ft lauderdale base anytime soon? If it is a "senior" base does that mean I would not have a shot of being placed there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

HappysilverFA in Baltimore, Maryland said: Im a current FA for Silver. This is a great company and a fun place to work. Great Benefits to. And no is not that easy, you will have a F2F in FLL after your phone interview. I love this company and we are growing BIG!! Oh and ATL, IAD, FLL will be senior bases. Most junior will be going to SHD, AOO, CKB. Good Luck to all. Make sure you have a passion for this industry and Customer Service, we are difrent from other airlines, we make every passengers experience a unique one onboard our 340B +

I have been a flight attendant for many years and have smaller a/c experience and I know what is to make the customer experience to more than special you want that customer to have a memeorable experience. 'The lady in hr told me on the phone while doing my interview she is forwarding my resume cause of my experience to the hiring manager and they might not have a o/h so they might do the final over the phone as well. Either way is fine, but I am from phx, so hopefully they will do mine over the phone. So tell me how was the training. What bases are they trying to fill cause I told I know they are opening atl, and would go to that or anyone that they have the need to fill and she liked my answer. She said I would here from here in two week. please keep in touch and I will definetly do the same I am very excited about it..how many legs do you do and are these all day trips or do you actually get layovers. I s there per diem as well she only talked about the 18.50 per hour with the garantee of 75 and I would imagine that you will probably go over that...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HappysilverFA in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: Happysilver, Thanks for your post. I just submitted my application on-line. I have no previous FA experience and need to be based out of ft lauderdale because of family. Do you think they will be hiring for ft lauderdale base anytime soon? If it is a "senior" base does that mean I would not have a shot of being placed there?

They are not hiring for FLL at the time. But you can always start in another base and when an openings occurs just transfer. About the experience, just give it a try apply, if this is what you want do it!! Best of luck to you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I want to work for Silver in Staunton, Virginia

28 months ago

fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona Can you email me their phone number, I would like to cll and ask a few questions. bmahaffey89@yahoo.com Thanks

28 months ago

call sorry, I typed to fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HappysilverFA in Washington, District of Columbia

28 months ago

I want to work for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: fa4ever in Phoenix, Arizona Can you email me their phone number, I would like to cll and ask a few questions. bmahaffey89@yahoo.com Thanks

Hey I WANT TO WORK FOR SILVER, do You live en Shanadoah VA? Can I email you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

HappysilverFA in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hey I WANT TO WORK FOR SILVER, do You live en Shanadoah VA? Can I email you?

Send me your e-mail address and I will, I live in the Shenandoah Valley just 10 miles from the airport. I hope and pray they call. I will work 24/7 if they need.

28 months ago

I want to work for Silver in Staunton, Virginia said: Send me your e-mail address and I will, I live in the Shenandoah Valley just 10 miles from the airport. I hope and pray they call. I will work 24/7 if they need.

Yes, you can also e-mail me.

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Hi Everyone,
I applied for the Altoona base about a month ago when I first saw the posting on flight attendant careers. Well, I never heard anything and figured they weren't interested. So today I got an email invite to an open house in Altoona on Friday, Aug 10th. The day after tomorrow and I'm really excited about it. Is anyone else going? Do they do all of the selections in one day? I'm wondering if it will be all day trips or multi-day trips? Will we be United Express wearing United Express metal? All these will be answered, I'm sure on Friday, but if anyone has the inside scoop, that would be amazing. I have about 10 years of flying, but have been out for a few years. Want to get back into it. Bored housewife here! I wish each and every one of us the best in our goal to earn our wings and go top side!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

lucinricki in Mcdonough, Georgia

28 months ago

I saw in the news that their very first flight into Bridgeport, WV mistakenly landed at a tiny airport in Fairmont,WV. The A/C is too heavy for the runway so they'll make adjustments so it can take off....remove seats and such. What a shame....not good publicity for them just starting out.

FLYSAFE in Pompano Beach, Florida

28 months ago

I FLY FOR THIS COMPANY AND I WILL TELL YOU TO THINK MORE THAN TWICE ABOUT WORKING FOR THEM . THEY ARENT UNION AND WILL WORK YOU TO DEATH . WE ARE TRYING TO GET A UNION CAUSE THEY JUST DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AT ALL . THE COMPANY DOESNT KNOW WHAT IT IS DOING AND I HAVE ABOUT 20 OTHER FLIGHT ATTENDANTS THAT WILL BACK ME UP. THE PILOTS ARE SO OVER WORKED AS WELL AND THIS IS SO UNSAFE. EVEN SPIRIT IS ABETTER COMPANY AND THEY HAVE A CONTRACT . WE LOST TWO PEOPLE AFTER TRAINING CAUSE IT TOOK 4 WEEKS TO GET TO THEIR IOE'S .MANY OF US HAVE APPLIED TO OTHER CARRIERS AS WELL. IF YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A GOOD COMPANY GO TO SKYWEST,EXPRESSJET OR ALASKA. THINK BEFORE YOU WORK HERE THIS IS ANOTHER COLGAN AND A INHUMANE TREATMENT ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LNYRO in Pompano Beach, Florida

28 months ago

I agree what you said cause I was stranded in the hotel in JACKSONVILLE for 3 days without any clothes except my uniform . I called crew sceduling and they said told me to wait it out till my bags were found . This is the most inhumane company and the public needs to know it. o yea and our paychecks dont break down how many hours you work so you dont if you are getting paid correct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Don't you think the North flying will be differentdat ? I think its all day trips? How rough are we talking about? Unions aren't everything. Trust me, the company will drag that out for years and years. Aren't they just very under staffed? Once more are hired, things should even out a bit. Please give us examples of some of the incidents that has happened to you. Now I don't know if I should go or not.

Cjflygirl

28 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Don't you think the North flying will be differentdat ? I think its all day trips? How rough are we talking about? Unions aren't everything. Trust me, the company will drag that out for years and years. Aren't they just very under staffed? Once more are hired, things should even out a bit. Please give us examples of some of the incidents that has happened to you. Now I don't know if I should go or not.

I just applied tues aug 7,2012 and received an invitation today to an open house this sat aug 11,2012 in Shenandoah, VA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I received the invite too. Looking forward in meeting everyone. So happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Well I'm going for sure. Have my suit ready and will do my nails in the morning. I spent several hours on the Pilot Central forum to read as much as I could about Silver Airways and not ONE of the current pilots complained about the company!! So I'm thinking it's all in what you make it. If the pilots were complaining, then I'd be more concerned. Also, the above negative comments are from the same area, close to the same time, so I think it's the same person trying to discourage people. Sad. Also no f/a that I know of in 10 years, has ever checked their crew bag, so how could they have lost it? Doesn't make sense. So let's put on our best and do our best and after the interview tomorrow, I'll give everyone the scoop.

Cjflygirl

28 months ago

CabinCrew in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Well I'm going for sure. Have my suit ready and will do my nails in the morning. I spent several hours on the Pilot Central forum to read as much as I could about Silver Airways and not ONE of the current pilots complained about the company!! So I'm thinking it's all in what you make it. If the pilots were complaining, then I'd be more concerned. Also, the above negative comments are from the same area, close to the same time, so I think it's the same person trying to discourage people. Sad. Also no f/a that I know of in 10 years, has ever checked their crew bag, so how could they have lost it? Doesn't make sense. So let's put on our best and do our best and after the interview tomorrow, I'll give everyone the scoop.

That is a great attitude to have going in for sure!!! :-) This job can be very exauhsting at times but I started at 18yr old and here I am 18 yrs later and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! It's a life style some can not handle but for me it has been and always will be my life :-)

28 months ago

I haven't work for any other carrier, I had children and a dog that needed me. I am now ready to give my life to this job, I understand it is a life change and I am ready. I wish you could have came.
Maybe we will meet someday.

Cjflygirl

28 months ago

I'm so excited for u! I can hear the excitment and energy in your email and that is exactly what they are looking for :) Best of luck to you and please keep me posted on how the interview goes for u saturday and hopefully we wil meet soon :-)

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona

28 months ago

I have been a flight attendant for many years and I have never had to check my bag unless I was commercialing on another carrier. Never in my life have I been seperated from my bag it is always with me on my flight that I am working...Good luck to you all on Saturday and the fact that they are hiring a lot is good sign. I was suppose to hear from them but it has not been two weeks. She said that my inteview might not be in a oh cause of the area I live in and it would be over the phone. I had one interview already and she was forwarding all information to the hiring manganger. What area are you all interviewin gfor...I want to go with you guys but I did tell her that I can go to any base...rh

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York

28 months ago

fa4ever in Mesa, Arizona said: I have been a flight attendant for many years and I have never had to check my bag unless I was commercialing on another carrier. Never in my life have I been seperated from my bag it is always with me on my flight that I am working...Good luck to you all on Saturday and the fact that they are hiring a lot is good sign. I was suppose to hear from them but it has not been two weeks. She said that my inteview might not be in a oh cause of the area I live in and it would be over the phone. I had one interview already and she was forwarding all information to the hiring manganger. What area are you all interviewin gfor...I want to go with you guys but I did tell her that I can go to any base...rh

Our company policy that all F/A bags were to be stored in the overhead bins in the aft of the a/c. One day, a PAX walked off with my luggage (that had a CREW tag on it) and left his behind. They looked exactly the same except for the CREW tag. I was on a layover in JAX and cried for two days because I had to borrow my fellow crew's clothes....they were boys and I am a girl! I can laugh about it now, but I wasn't so happy then. Thank goodness the guy returned my luggage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cjflygirl

27 months ago

I was just wondering how long is res?? And will they be hiring fa's for Fll since they are getting more saabs for that base by the end of sept?? Also, are there any more crew bases in fl?
Thanks for any info :-) o! And do the fa's have a union?

Fa for life in Augusta, Georgia

27 months ago

I wanted to know can anyone email me info on this company as well at shontai4900@gmail.com!I want to know how long reserve is?Is there just day trips or 3 and 4 day trips?How often do you get raises?What kind of flying benefits do you receive any jumpseat agreements?How many exams in training?Whats the passing score for training?Are they hiring for Fll base now?How many flight attendants they looking to hire this year?What is the average pay per month?Whats the pay for your first year?How many days are you off a month?Are the layovers long and the hotels nice?Is there a uniform allowance or is it deducted from your pay check?Where can one see the uniforms?Whats the limit on hours you work per day before it is illegal?

Fa for life in Augusta, Georgia

27 months ago

Anyone willing to help me with my questions above it would be greatly appreciated!!!I am sincerly interested in the company.Have a great evening!

Obsydian in Texas

27 months ago

Do they provide transportation to the interview?

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida

27 months ago

Cjflygirl said: I was just wondering how long is res?? And will they be hiring fa's for Fll since they are getting more saabs for that base by the end of sept?? Also, are there any more crew bases in fl?
Thanks for any info :-) o! And do the fa's have a union?

Hello there, I applied and got a invitation to go to the one in Virginia! I am super excited and kind of nervous because I do not have flight attendant experience, I only have 5 years of working at a hotel and 3 years working at a Bank. Also, I am from Orlando, Fl and I am considering on driving? by any chance do you live in floirda? If anyone reads this feel free to respond!!! I am not sure to drive 12 hours and not get hired! But I am thinking positive, this is my dream job!

27 months ago

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Hello there, I applied and got a invitation to go to the one in Virginia! I am super excited and kind of nervous because I do not have flight attendant experience, I only have 5 years of working at a hotel and 3 years working at a Bank. Also, I am from Orlando, Fl and I am considering on driving? by any chance do you live in floirda? If anyone reads this feel free to respond!!! I am not sure to drive 12 hours and not get hired! But I am thinking positive, this is my dream job!

Hi IsanAn,

I live in your area and wanted to go to but the 14 hour drive is not enough time for me to get my nails done, grab my suit from dry cleaners, drive out there in time for a good night's sleep. I hope that they will have another one soon!

As long as you have c/s experience at the hotel and bank you will be great!

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida

27 months ago

SueTheStew in Crooklyn, New York said: Hi IsanAn,

I live in your area and wanted to go to but the 14 hour drive is not enough time for me to get my nails done, grab my suit from dry cleaners, drive out there in time for a good night's sleep. I hope that they will have another one soon!

As long as you have c/s experience at the hotel and bank you will be great!

Oh, definitely I have customer experience!! =D thats the good thing about working in the past at Ritz Carlton and at a Major Bank? Well I work at the bank so I have plenty of suits. From your experience... Should I do it and drive to Virginia?

27 months ago

IsaAn in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Oh, definitely I have customer experience!! =D thats the good thing about working in the past at Ritz Carlton and at a Major Bank? Well I work at the bank so I have plenty of suits. From your experience... Should I do it and drive to Virginia?

If you have c/s experience at the Ritz, then I know you have great skills! That is a great hotel..."Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen' . LOL

It is really up to you. It is a very long drive, you will be exhausted when you get there and it is important to be well rested and refreshed in the morning. Have you had enough time to prepare for an F/A interview? WOuld hate for you to go unprepared, but sometimes people get lucky! If you decide to go you better get started in the next few hours so you can get a good nights sleep, oh and find a decent hotel!

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.