Airtran Airways Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 5966)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Isa in Richmond, Virginia

88 months ago

I went in an open house in NY 3 weeks ago. We had company overview only. We were asked if selected where we would like to have the f2f.
I choose Chicago as I'm based there with my current airline.

My f2f happened 1 week after the open house. I believe the person who nterviewed is the base manager. She reviewed my online application and asked me why I want leave my current airline and how was when I worked for a Brazilian airline back in 1998.After this she gave me a paper to read.There was a situation where the interviewer played a very difficult kind of person to deal with ( I mean the pax). The paper I read said that by FAA and Airtran every pax is allowed ONLY 1 luggage and 1 carry on item. It is esay. Just show how important is to do safety complience. Being professional and at the same time smiling, as always.. ;-)

After this the interviewer said I was going to be invited to go to ATL next week to have my drug test and background papers done.

I went in ATL last thursday.Did all the above plus tried my new uniform ( I loved the dresses - I'll have 2).

No math tests or announcements to read.

My training will be on 03/24 and can't wait to be there.Only 3 weeks.

Overall: very nice and relaxed experience.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Richmond, Virginia

88 months ago

Please, Does anyone know a crash pad in ATL?
Many thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ThatsQueenMary2U in Pace, Florida

88 months ago

go to crashpads.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hoping to fly the friendly skies in Cheshire, Connecticut

88 months ago

Does anyone have any information in regards to the Flight Attendant information sessions that Air Trans offers?

I was invited to one and was wondering other than resume, references and passport, what else should I bring?

Is this some sort of an interview process that can push one to the next level? Does anyone ever get hired for class from this session?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

88 months ago

I went to the information session in Dayton two weeks ago. It was very informative.We all pretty much just listened and was asked if we had and questions about the airline. I haven.t heard a word from them. Just wondering myself how long it takes to find out if they are interested. We were identified by numbers Is that what happened to you, Isa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Thanks for your response Sharon....No I have not yet gone. It is next week...but was wondering what the Air Tran sessions are like.

Do I need to bring anything with me other than resume, references and passport?

Did it last the entire day? Should I get a hotel room?

I will ask them how long it will take to contact us and let you know what they tell me...if they tell me anything.

I am looking forward to going to this. I was told not to waste my time on another forum but I really want to be a F.A. and heard that Air Tran Airways are wonderful to their employees and I figure this is the best way to start.

Any other info I need to know before I go? Do they ask questions or just give everyone info? Do they interview you?

Thanks for your imput...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

88 months ago

The session lasted about two and a half hours. Was very informative, The FA name was Veronica. There was 19 people attending the session. After she explained some of the rules and ways of the airline three people got up and left.She never spoke to us one on one . After she finished talking she asked us one by one to get up and read an announcement. After that she said that we would hear from her. Like I said we all had a number that we were identified with. I have,t heard anything for at least 10 days. She did stress that apperance was very important. Hope this helps Wish you the best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

88 months ago

Oh don't know if you would be interested in it but Northwest is hiring again I applied on line two days ago yesterday they contacted me to do a backround check which I thought was fast Just waiting to get on with my life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Thanks for telling me about Northwest. No, I did not know that they were hiring. Thanks for the info. I am going to apply on line tonight when I get home from work. Thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Thank you so much Sharon for your information. I wasn't sure what to expect so at least I have a heads up. Hopefully they will tell me the next step so I will be able to let you know when you will be hearing from them. I wish you the best of luck! Thanks again. I will let you know what happens.

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

88 months ago

I went to a Air Tran open house last month and I have to stay that I was completely upset with the whole process. The FA talked for like 2-3hours about the life of a FA and Airtran. Then she made us say a PA announcement. The recruiter doesn't even get to know you as a person. I was dressed to the T,very friendly, outgoing, ect. Airtran discriminates all the way. They are looking for the FA look and that's it because they don't even give you a chance to say anything about yourself other than your name. Humm doesn't seem right not me. I got a reject letter 1 week after the open house. I'm not mad or anything or bashing Airtran I think they could do a better job of conducting a true open house. I also gave a very good PA announcement. If you have been to a open house and it's been over a week, you didn't make it to the f2f. Good luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

88 months ago

Kim I totally agree with you. I went on the 25th of Feb and haven.t heard a word from them.It.s true how can they decide who gets an offer when you never even get a chance to show them who you are. The rep that was there the day I went never spoke with anyone alone. So you are pretty much saying that if your not called within the first week of your presentation forget it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

88 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: I went to a Air Tran open house last month and I have to stay that I was completely upset with the whole process. The FA talked for like 2-3hours about the life of a FA and Airtran. Then she made us say a PA announcement. The recruiter doesn't even get to know you as a person. I was dressed to the T,very friendly, outgoing, ect. Airtran discriminates all the way. They are looking for the FA look and that's it because they don't even give you a chance to say anything about yourself other than your name. Humm doesn't seem right not me. I got a reject letter 1 week after the open house. I'm not mad or anything or bashing Airtran I think they could do a better job of conducting a true open house. I also gave a very good PA announcement. If you have been to a open house and it's been over a week, you didn't make it to the f2f. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Kim and Sharon,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Airtran.
I believe they don't have a standard procedure.
You can read my experience in the first post.
Maybe I was lucky.

Kim, how is your process with AE?

Good luck to everybody.
;-)

88 months ago

Does anyone know if Air Tran covers your over night expenses should one get accepted into training class? I know most of the airlines do not pay for training class, but some pay for your room and some do not.

Just wondering....I know I am thinking way ahead but was just curious.

I am very sorry that some of you have had a bad experience but hope this does not turn you off for other airlines.

I know United is hiring and so is Continental. And Air Wisconsin. Try one of those...I am going to apply to them as well.

Best of luck to everyone! There are good and bad employees everywhere...believe me...with every employer. Just keep your head up, smile and you will land a flight attendant job! (I hope I can follow my own advice, hahaha!)

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Isa in Toms River, New Jersey

88 months ago

Hi Hoping,
Yes.Airtran will provide FRE hotel and training.You'll will b
also paid something like $ 8.50 per training hour.
Uniform cost for new f/a's r around $ 150.00 (only 20%).
They will fly u to fingerprint and training.
Training is only 3 weeks.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Isa, thanks so much for replying. I am shocked that Air Tran pays an hourly rate for classes. That is fantastic.

Have you been thru the classes? Are they as tough as everyone says? I am sure that they are. I think its great you only have to go for 3 weeks.

Can you be based out of New York? Or is that a tough one?

Does Air Tran fly to Boston?

How many hours call time do they give you when you are on reserve? Was just wondering as I live right in the middle between Boston and La Guardia.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your help.

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

88 months ago

Hi Hoping,

No problem.
I'm not sure yet about reserve because my training will start in a week from monday ( 03/24).
Bases are ATL,MCO, and TPA. However you MUST be based in ATL in the first 6 months before ask to be transfered.
Yes, Airtran flys to BOS and LGA.
www.airtran.com/route-map/city_information.aspx

Gary Alexander in nashville, Tennessee

87 months ago

Isa, Congrats on our recent hire. What was the open house like. I am going to the one in ATL on Tuesday.

Isa in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

I went in an open house in NY a month ago. We had company overview only. We were asked if selected where we would like to have the f2f.
I choose Chicago as I'm based there with my current airline.

My f2f happened 1 week after the open house. I believe the person who nterviewed is the base manager. She reviewed my online application and asked me why I want leave my current airline and how was when I worked for a Brazilian airline back in 1998.After this she gave me a paper to read.There was a situation where the interviewer played a very difficult kind of person to deal with ( I mean the pax). The paper I read said that by FAA and Airtran every pax is allowed ONLY 1 luggage and 1 carry on item. It is esay. Just show how important is to do safety complience. Being professional and at the same time smiling, as always.. ;-)

After this the interviewer said I was going to be invited to go to ATL next week to have my drug test and background papers done.

I went in ATL 3 weeks ago. Did all the above plus tried my new uniform ( I loved the dresses - I'll have 2).

No math tests or announcements to read.

My training will be on 03/23 and can't wait to be there.Only 3 weeks.

Overall: very nice and relaxed experience.

Good luck!

Gary Alexander in nashville, Tennessee

87 months ago

Isa, well are you ready to head to ATL this weekend. Best of Luck to you. I am heading down Monday afternoon to attend the open house session on Tuesday. Good Luck you do great

deliah in Richmond, Virginia

87 months ago

I am considering attending an Air Tran interview tomorrow in Newport News. However, my hair is very full, and the last time I went to have highlights it came out a bit too obvious for what I would consider a professional hair style. I don't know if I should attend because I know that hair style and appearance are a major part of the interview. It's not too bad, just a little bit too obivious with the "highlights." Any thoughts, or advice? Thank you.

fli hi in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

After filling out the app, do you have to go to an open house?

flying gal

87 months ago

Hi Everyone,
I filled out an application online and was told that I would hear back from HR if they like my resume-just wondering how long it takes to hear back. Also the the open houses actual interviews or just info sessions.

P

87 months ago

I would say go to the open house. It shows them you're really interested. I was called in for a F2F two days after I attended an open house, and was given a CJO that same day.

bppo in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

does anyone have the number to call and spk o someone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

^.* ~ in Greensboro, North Carolina

87 months ago

flying gal said: Hi Everyone,
I filled out an application online and was told that I would hear back from HR if they like my resume-just wondering how long it takes to hear back. Also the the open houses actual interviews or just info sessions.

Yes... I just applied online as well. It doesn't have any contact number. Can anyone please~ tell us how this process works? Open house will be much easier, but I don't think they have an open house session in Greensboro. Thx all!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Nashville, Tennessee

87 months ago

deliah in Richmond, Virginia said: I am considering attending an Air Tran interview tomorrow in Newport News. However, my hair is very full, and the last time I went to have highlights it came out a bit too obvious for what I would consider a professional hair style. I don't know if I should attend because I know that hair style and appearance are a major part of the interview. It's not too bad, just a little bit too obivious with the "highlights." Any thoughts, or advice? Thank you.

Hello, just wondering how it went did you go?

katie in Sylvania, Ohio

87 months ago

Can anyone tell me what training is like at Air Tran? Thanks

Future FA in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

went to an open house on tuesday and have not herd anything. Should i just forget about it. By the way there was no Announcements to read.

M in nashville, Tennessee

87 months ago

Future FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: went to an open house on tuesday and have not herd anything. Should i just forget about it. By the way there was no Announcements to read.

Hey Future FA I went to that open house as well still no heard anything either. I wonder about how the format was?

87 months ago

I do not know what they are wanting. By the way I was the Black Girl. I know most of the people there were black, but I had a blue suit on red shirt. Sitting on the right side of the room. i asked about safety. Hopefully you can figure out who I am. Also didn't she say either way we would hear something. I also went to ASA's interview on Thursday. It is the easiest interview I have ever went on, and I made it all the way through the interview. I did the HPE and fingerprint background check and the pee test already with them. Maybe you wanna try them too!

87 months ago

Future FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: I do not know what they are wanting. By the way I was the Black Girl. I know most of the people there were black, but I had a blue suit on red shirt. Sitting on the right side of the room. i asked about safety. Hopefully you can figure out who I am. Also didn't she say either way we would hear something. I also went to ASA's interview on Thursday. It is the easiest interview I have ever went on, and I made it all the way through the interview. I did the HPE and fingerprint background check and the pee test already with them. Maybe you wanna try them too!

no I am to tall i think? What did they say to you when you left. Did you have the male or female recruiter? We could still hear I guess. I thought it was strange no intro or PA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

She just asked if I had any questions. i just told her that I really wanted the job and that I hoped to hear from her soon. She said that i would The question I had asked her was what was the determining factor that would get a person called backed. She said your behavior in the room and your application! Hope this helps.

87 months ago

Well I hope we both get called back that would be awesome. I wonder how many they will call back from that day. I am waiting painfully for the call. I hope I do not get the email that would not be good. I thought my behavior was great and I am a people person so I chatted up everybody? It is harder for me to stay quite than talk to people LOL. Was there about 70 there that day?

87 months ago

Hey Future FA where are you ???? when is your ASA interview?

87 months ago

I actually live in CA and I had my ASA interview on last Thursday. I am right now in Sandy Springs GA. ASA was the easiest interview I went to.

87 months ago

Future FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: I actually live in CA and I had my ASA interview on last Thursday. I am right now in Sandy Springs GA. ASA was the easiest interview I went to.

What do you think about the Airtran open house? Do you think there is a chance we can still be called?

katie in Sylvania, Ohio

87 months ago

Does anyone know what training is like at Air Tran? I see where the other airlines take a much longer time in the training dept. I wonder what the difference is? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sky high in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

does anyone have the hr #????

thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

M in Nashville, Tennessee said: What do you think about the Airtran open house? Do you think there is a chance we can still be called?

Hey M I went to the interview for ASA on Thursday of last week 03/27/08 and I already have a training date. They hired me that fast. I still have not heard back from Airtran have you?

87 months ago

Future FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey M I went to the interview for ASA on Thursday of last week 03/27/08 and I already have a training date. They hired me that fast. I still have not heard back from Airtran have you?

No nothing yet either. Congrats on ASA if I were shorter I would apply but I think the max ht is 5'8 I am 6'1 with shoes so the regional carriers would not hire me.

87 months ago

This forum is very quite? Where is everyone? I guess not to many people are aware of it?? Anybody its lonely out here LOL!!

87 months ago

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio said: I went to the information session in Dayton two weeks ago. It was very informative.We all pretty much just listened and was asked if we had and questions about the airline. I haven.t heard a word from them. Just wondering myself how long it takes to find out if they are interested. We were identified by numbers Is that what happened to you, Isa?

Sharon,

Did you ever hear anything from AT HR??

87 months ago

It sure is lonely here? Where is everyone. It is like a Sci-Fi movie and everyone has disappeared LOL

NIQUE in Bessemer, Alabama

87 months ago

FA do u have any HR numbers for ASA because i applied 3days ago and I really want to fly for them since they are based out of Atlanta and CONGRATULATIONS on passing the interview process and getting a trainging date already...when do u start??

Mike in Fort Worth, Texas

87 months ago

I went to the information session in December they told us about the company and a day’s life as a flight attendant. At the end of the session we had to stand up and read out loud PA information afterwards the recruiter said that if we were selected to move forward we would hear something in a few days. As time went by I did not get a call or an email, so I figured I did not get to move on to the next step of the process. On February I got an email from a recruiter saying that she was sorry but if I was still interested to meet up with her for a face to face interview to email her, I emailed her back saying YES!!!! (Well not really like that). I flew to ATL had my face to face interview the interview was only about 25minutes long. Most of the questions were about if this happened what would you do, and then we did a scenario were I had to be a flight attendant flowing regulations. I was in ATL for about an hour then back to Texas I went waiting for an email. In March I got an email that I was going to continue on the process and I was going to fly to ATL for processing, I flew up there and did the physical, put in the paperwork checked my passport and what not. On 4/2/08 I receive my congratulations email that I was accepted in for the Airtran Airways flight attendant training. So what I have to say is HOLD ON DON’T GIVE UP!!!!! And if it does not go the way you want it or hoped for keep on trying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

87 months ago

Hi Mike: Iwent to a ftf a few weeks ago. Ihave an invitation to go to Atlanta for a physical. What do they do? Also do you have any idea what the training is like? I know its a whole lot shorter than alot of the other airlines. Thanks

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

87 months ago

I'm very excited and happy for the chance to fly with Air Tran.

Mike in Fort Worth, Texas

87 months ago

Hi Sharon: on the physical you have to do a lot of stepping up and moving around. The first think they do is check you’re vital (respiration, temperature, and pulse) they ask you to pull a galley cart (well is not a cart it’s a rectangle shape box with no wheels) from one side of the room to the other (ohh yeah the box in sitting on carpet), they ask you to push it back (you do this two times). After that you have to step on top of a box four times, and then a bigger box twice. After that they are going to ask you to raise a box and place it on a shelf that is over your heat (this will represent a passenger’s bag that you will have to put in the over head bin) I think you do this two times don’t remember??. Then you are going to pick up the box from the floor and walk with it to the hallway and place it on the floor then take it back. After all that they are going to check your vitals and your eye sight and pee in a cup.  after all that if they give you a pass then you are good to go to the recruiting center. EVERYONE IS REALLY NICE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Sylvania, Ohio

87 months ago

Mike Thanks so much for the info. It really helps alot!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.