North American Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 810)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

NAgirl in Croton On Hudson, New York

82 months ago

Hello. No, North American Airlines does NOT travel to Iraq. The closest North American goes to Iraq is Kuwait. North American flies to military bases around the world. What is your idea of a "third world nation?" That is subjective. Anywho, traveling is great, but if you just want to go to a bunch of countries, you might not last too long. Being a flight attendant isn't rocket science, but it can be quite stressful at times. As of May, North American Airlines will be discontinuing their scheduled service, therefore will be an exclusively charter airline.

And yes, the turnover rate is quite high...for a variety of reasons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

can i ask u a question i had an 2 interviws iterview with north american and they seems to ike me and said that after ther last iterview session on march 1 they going to call peole back. is that how they hire or they hire on the spot.....??/ im just confuse since i want to move on and not sit around waiting for a rejetion email or letter

what ur imput on this ...any anwer is appreciated..
thanks alot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sara in Elmwood Park, New Jersey

81 months ago

Hello everyone, wanted to see if anyone here has gotten an offer with north american?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tina L in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any information about this airline. Are they good to their employees, what is the reserve system like, etc. Thanks so much for any info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

KAWTAR in Brooklyn, New York

80 months ago

Hello everyone,

I had an open house Interview with North American Airlines on the 23th, i would like to know how long does it take to be called for the second interview? As i was told by someone you have to go through 3 Interviews, and it seems much easier then Delta and i also heard the training is soo intense, wich i don't mind as long i get the job, so does anyone went through all the process? I would really appreciate if anyone can give me an advice, thanks a lots.:):)
I wish you lots of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Paramus, New Jersey

80 months ago

I just went to the open house for NAA and I have to say they were extremely nice and I would welcome the opportunity to work for what sounds to be a fun and exciting airline. Good luck to all of you and I hope you get your call. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in New York, New York

79 months ago

Thanks, I sure will keep you posted and please do the same. Hope to meet you as well. By the way where were you sitting in the room. I was in the back row by the door. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Out of the Blue in Long Island, New York

79 months ago

Liz in New York, New York said: Thanks, I sure will keep you posted and please do the same. Hope to meet you as well. By the way where were you sitting in the room. I was in the back row by the door. :)

I was in the back row too, but I sat at the table to your left! If you looked over, there would have been a man, then a woman, then me, then another woman at our table. I was the blonde with the chin-length bob. Wonder when they will contact us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Oh Ok...I know exactly where you were at. I was sitting next to the Asian woman and I was in a black suit. Well...I haven't heard anything yet and since they are having another few open houses I would imagine maybe after they're through with that. There were two women that left that were in front of me. I wonder if everyone put down that they wanted to work fulltime. I know I did. Well, I will definitely let you know and I hope they call me and you...I was so excited to hear Tracy speak and thought this sounded like a great opportunity. I would love to travel the world and my husband is ready to pack my bags..his bags and go with me. Well let's definitely keep in touch. :) Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Airborinquen in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Hello everyone. I do not know much about North American but am interested in applying. Has anyone here worked for them or assisted their info session? Do they offer travel benefits and what bases do they have

79 months ago

Out of the Blue in Long Island, New York said: I was in the back row too, but I sat at the table to your left! If you looked over, there would have been a man, then a woman, then me, then another woman at our table. I was the blonde with the chin-length bob. Wonder when they will contact us?

I just got called for my second interview for NAA. I hope you got a call as well. They are calling me in for May 2nd. I hope to see you there. :)

79 months ago

john in Brooklyn, New York said: can i ask u a question i had an 2 interviws iterview with north american and they seems to ike me and said that after ther last iterview session on march 1 they going to call peole back. is that how they hire or they hire on the spot.....??/ im just confuse since i want to move on and not sit around waiting for a rejetion email or letter

what ur imput on this ...any anwer is appreciated..
thanks alot

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell us what the second interview was like. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks and I hope you get an answer soon.

john in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

hey the second one is be yourself prepare for lot of q and look goood!!!!!! professional........ its all about the looks, clean and professional. ok hope this helps let me know if anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

john in Brooklyn, New York said: hey the second one is be yourself prepare for lot of q and look goood!!!!!! professional........ its all about the looks, clean and professional. ok hope this helps let me know if anything

John, did you get the job?

79 months ago

Liz in Paramus, New Jersey said: I just got called for my second interview for NAA. I hope you got a call as well. They are calling me in for May 2nd. I hope to see you there. :)

Wooo HOO! Liz, you go girl! I am still waiting.....what time on May 2? (I figure I better clear my calendar now LOL wishful thinking)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I am scheduled to go at 10:00 AM. I hope you get your call...let me know. :)

DB22 in Bk, New York

79 months ago

i am getting ready to go on a interview on saturday did you go yet

79 months ago

DB22 in Bk, New York said: i am getting ready to go on a interview on saturday did you go yet

Hey DB, are you going on a second interview or an open house on Saturday? A couple of us were at an open house last Saturday, and now round 2 begins for us.

alenyc in New York, New York

79 months ago

Does anyone who works or worked for NAA can give any relevant information about why the turn over seems to be high, pay and benefits, and how long are you to be in reserve, inquiring minds demand to know!

79 months ago

Beginning pay for full-time Flight Attendants is $18.12 per block hour.
After 6 months this pay is increased to $19.47 per block hour. Guarantee pay of 67 hours per month.

For any and all hours above 67, the rate increases to $27.18 per block hour.
After 6 months this pay is increased to $29.21 per block hour.

Domestic per diem is $1.60 per hour for time away from base. If you fly an international trip with layover, per diem is $2.00 per hour for time away from base. International turnarounds only get $1.60 per hour per diem.

For trips with longer layovers, you wil either get 1 hour credit for every 4 hours away from base (soft time), or the per diem, whichever is greater.

When you are on reserve, you are credited 2.2 hours per reserve day.

Because of the nature of their service (charter) it is quite possible that their last-minute reserve trips could be much more interesting than the ones on the bid lines. For example, they do charter flights for the U.S. Military, which could be anywhere in the world. They will be providing charter service for Travelspan this summer to FLL, POS, and GEO. They do White House Press Corps flights, and do music tours, sports charters, film crew charters, and corporate events. They do sub-flying for Air Jamaica every summer.

Uniforms are provided by the company at no charge to the crewmember, however they suggest purchasing extra shirts/blouses.

After one year of employment, full-time flight attendants will receive a two week paid vacation. All full-time flight attendants are eligible for health/dental benefits after two months of employment.

All NAA flight attendants are JFK based. All flight attendants MUST live within one hour of the airport.

They are in the process of re-evaluating their jumpseat/interline travel agreements, so those benefits are not etched in stone at the moment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Is anyone going for their second interview on Friday?

79 months ago

Out of the Blue in Long Island, New York said: Beginning pay for full-time Flight Attendants is $18.12 per block hour.
After 6 months this pay is increased to $19.47 per block hour. Guarantee pay of 67 hours per month.

For any and all hours above 67, the rate increases to $27.18 per block hour.
After 6 months this pay is increased to $29.21 per block hour.

Domestic per diem is $1.60 per hour for time away from base. If you fly an international trip with layover, per diem is $2.00 per hour for time away from base. International turnarounds only get $1.60 per hour per diem.

For trips with longer layovers, you wil either get 1 hour credit for every 4 hours away from base (soft time), or the per diem, whichever is greater.

When you are on reserve, you are credited 2.2 hours per reserve day.

Because of the nature of their service (charter) it is quite possible that their last-minute reserve trips could be much more interesting than the ones on the bid lines. For example, they do charter flights for the U.S. Military, which could be anywhere in the world. They will be providing charter service for Travelspan this summer to FLL, POS, and GEO. They do White House Press Corps flights, and do music tours, sports charters, film crew charters, and corporate events. They do sub-flying for Air Jamaica every summer.

Uniforms are provided by the company at no charge to the crewmember, however they suggest purchasing extra shirts/blouses.

After one year of employment, full-time flight attendants will receive a two week paid vacation. All full-time flight attendants are eligible for health/dental benefits after two months of employment.

All NAA flight attendants are JFK based. All flight attendants MUST live within one hour of the airport.

They are in the process of re-evaluating their jumpseat/interline travel agreements, so those benefits are not etched in stone at the moment.

Thank you so much for the valable information!

Airborinquen in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

this is great information!!!! THANK YOU. So if I am correct, currently there is no travel benefits in stone?

79 months ago

Airborinquen in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: this is great information!!!! THANK YOU. So if I am correct, currently there is no travel benefits in stone?

Hi Airborinquen! Did you go to any of their open houses last week?

As of last Saturday, they said they were in the process of renegotiating their travel benefits with other airlines. Does someone know what kind of flight benefits they had before they decided to stop flying scheduled routes?

79 months ago

No I have not went to any open houses I was thinking of going saturday but wanted to make sure it was worth the drive to NYC.

smiles in Hempstead, New York

79 months ago

Airborinquen in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: Hello everyone. I do not know much about North American but am interested in applying. Has anyone here worked for them or assisted their info session? Do they offer travel benefits and what bases do they have

I attended one of the open houses before and on the paper they handed out it said that "North American Airlines' flight attendants are based in JFK. Flight Attendants must live within one hour of the airport." It also said that "NAA flies to destinations across the globe. ...Aruba, Saint Lucia, Nassau, Turks, and the Caicos Islands and other Caribbean destinations for Club Med and Apple Vacations Tours, as well as various cities throughout Europe." ..."NAA also provides charter service for the United States Military"....

79 months ago

Very good. the only question unanswered for me is if u can commute on another airline to work. do they offer travel benefits

Penelope lamur in Bronx, New York

79 months ago

Hello , i am really ecxited to go the open house in NYC. Can annyone tell me how to prepare for it. What kind of questions they ask?

thanks

79 months ago

Penelope lamur in Bronx, New York said: Hello , i am really ecxited to go the open house in NYC. Can annyone tell me how to prepare for it. What kind of questions they ask?

thanks

Penelope, at the open house, you fill out paperwork for the first 45 minutes, then the NAA representatives tell you about the company and the position. They open it up for question for about 5-10 minutes, then they do a 1-on-1 interview with each candidate that lasts about 2 minutes.

79 months ago

a 67hr mo.guarantee seems to be very little to live on for someone in the NYC area, you did mention bid lines, so are you able to pick up more hours or will NAA be like some airlines that go out of their way to keep their FA's at the minimum guarantee per month?? Also are there lineholders or because of the charter nature of the company will everybody be reserve for over, like at Omni Air. Sorry for all the techncal questions, I love to fly and going to new places, but I have to be able to pay for food on my plate, a roof over my head and bills.

Jeannine in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Does anyone know if North American fly you to your second and third interviews or do you have to make your own travel arrangements like with the open house?? It would be nice if they provided transportation especially if you are being considered for employment. (and especially if the applicant lives way down in Georgia, like me!)

79 months ago

alenyc in New York, New York said: a 67hr mo.guarantee seems to be very little to live on for someone in the NYC area, you did mention bid lines, so are you able to pick up more hours or will NAA be like some airlines that go out of their way to keep their FA's at the minimum guarantee per month?? Also are there lineholders or because of the charter nature of the company will everybody be reserve for over, like at Omni Air. Sorry for all the techncal questions, I love to fly and going to new places, but I have to be able to pay for food on my plate, a roof over my head and bills.

Hi Alex! You can fly more than 67 hours. They said you can fly as many hours as you can handle as long as there are trips available and you still have the energy to fly! you will probably spend the next month recuperating, but hey you will have a big paycheck to show for it!

NAA has lineholders and reserve flight attendants. Many of the charters are booked in advance, that's what they use to build their lines. The reserve FAs are used to replace sick/no show lineholder FAs and also to fill last-minute charter trips that are booked. That's why they told us that the reserve trips could be even BETTER than the trips on the bidlines, because you never know when some celebrity, company, or band tour might decide to book a charter, or some film crew needs to get somewhere FAST!

79 months ago

Thank you so much OutofTheBlue for giving me so much needed information, I think I will be attending their next open house now.

79 months ago

Jeannine in Atlanta, Georgia said: Does anyone know if North American fly you to your second and third interviews or do you have to make your own travel arrangements like with the open house?? It would be nice if they provided transportation especially if you are being considered for employment. (and especially if the applicant lives way down in Georgia, like me!)

Asa and Omni Air are always hiring for ATL based crew, not sure where in Ga you live, or if you are looking to relocate to Nyc. With ASA you get free Delta fly benefts, as well as NW, Air France-Klm, Alitalia and a bunch of other airlines belonging to the SkyTeam Alliance, they fly mostly to SE and Midwestern Us cities, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Belize. The Cons for Asa is the pay....starts around $15.00 something an hr, with a 75hr guarantee which they will go out of their way to maintain by bot allowing you to pick up more hours regardless. So low pay and lowfly guarantee. The other Atl airline is Omni, I never worked for them, but they are in the charter business much like NAA, however from what I've heard, everyone is a reserve flight attendant, there is no such thing as lineholder, the probationary period is 12 months long, and the pay is low, I am not sure what the montly fly guarantee is, but I don't think it's very generous either. Of these two Ga companies I'd chose Asa because of the excellent fly benefits, and chance of becoming a lineholder.

79 months ago

Is there anyone from this group going to the second interview tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM? I'll be there :) wish me luck and good luck to those going on Saturday for the second interview. :)

79 months ago

Hi everyone, I went to the second interview and made it all the way through to the final cut. If you get called plan on a very long day. They told me they would let me know with a yes or no within one to two weeks. The training class begins May 29th. Good luck to all those attending their second interview. :)

79 months ago

Out of the Blue in Long Island, New York said: I agree with you, Liz. I was also present at an open house for NAA at JFK this past Saturday. This airline is the perfect fit for someone who wants to see the world right away. Good luck to all who were there at last week's open house interviews. I hope to meet you all at the next round.

Liz, keep us posted when you get called back by NAA!

Hi I was wondering how your interview went? Let me know when you get a chance.

Penelope in Bronx, New York

79 months ago

Hello, i went to the open house. The interview was very quit. Just a few minutes. They told me that they will contact eme within 2 weeks. Di anybody go to the open house at JFK. If so how was it? I wish the best luck to everybody that wants this bad like me....

79 months ago

danielle said: Does anybody know why you have to live within 1 hour of jfk? And if u like further like 1.5 hrs is that okay or are they pretty set on the 1 hour thing?

I think they basically want you to be available asap (1hr is an est?)

Has anyone done a second interview? What is it like. The first one was a breeze but am worried about the second one. Can anyone inform me thanks

LONG ISLAND in Hempstead, New York

79 months ago

IS THERE Paid trainging with NAA

Penny in Old Westbury, New York

79 months ago

Yeah, they actually pay minimum wage but only 67hrs. I heard on the open house.

speed

79 months ago

I'm confused a little about the pay. You mean its 18 something for the guaranteed 67 hrs but then if u pick up extra flights ur pay goes up to 27? So its considered overitme after 67 hours?

LONG ISLAND in Hempstead, New York

79 months ago

minimum wage for training i hope not 7 15 hour is thats what you saying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Does anyone know how long the training is and where. How many guaranteed days off per month? Do they pay for premium days? Is it ok to have a crash pad?

79 months ago

Rita in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania said: Does anyone know how long the training is and where. How many guaranteed days off per month? Do they pay for premium days? Is it ok to have a crash pad?

Hi the training is 3 weeks at their facility at JFK and yes they do pay you for training. They put you up in a hotel for one of three the weeks and the other two you commute.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Why do they pay for only one week in a hotel? Right now I live 3 hours away.

79 months ago

Does anyone know anything about the scheduals? Are there many overnites. Are you on reserve at first? How do they do senority?

79 months ago

Rita in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania said: Why do they pay for only one week in a hotel? Right now I live 3 hours away.

Well they said that the training is very intense the second week so they feel its best to keep you at the airport while studying for this particular week and the rest of the time you can just commute in and out. ALso one of their requirements is that All candidates "MUST" be able to report to the JFK airport within one hour. This was stressed several times throughtout the interviews.

79 months ago

Rita in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania said: Why do they pay for only one week in a hotel? Right now I live 3 hours away.

Because they say the second week of training is the most intense, so they only put you up for that one week. Also, one of their requirements is that all FA's "MUST" be able to report to JFK within one hour of being called when you're on reserve...most of their applicants live within the area.

79 months ago

Sorry for responding twice didn't realize my first answer was on the next page.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.