**US Airways Hiring 2013**

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 11890)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania

23 months ago

Hello Everyone!

**We are starting out initial hiring process this weekend --- online you should be able to apply flight attendants --east and west-- (Please note anything could always change in the airline industry) We are planning for numerous new hire classes starting in January 2013-- and Interview will more then likely start in November. Any questions? I will certainly try to help as much as I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (198) / No (103) Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Wheaton, Illinois

23 months ago

what are the bases? Do you have a flight attendant base in tampa? Do you have to relocate as well for this job like the other airlines require? Are you hiring due to people leaving or growing?Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Wheaton, Illinois

23 months ago

well the job is not posted yet? Will it be there on friday? What do you mean by hiring east,west?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

wapiti in Wheaton, Illinois said: what are the bases? Do you have a flight attendant base in tampa? Do you have to relocate as well for this job like the other airlines require? Are you hiring due to people leaving or growing?Thanks

Hey we have DCA, CLT, PHL, PHX

and you necessarily do not have too.. but it's highly recommended because commuting is a nightmare in my opinion, especially not having any seniority. and we are hiring due to natural attrition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

pprohoroff in San Diego, California said: Unable to access online app. No job listed. Will it be available soon? Thanks!

I just stated that this weekened it should be...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey said: Thanks for the info Flight-Attendant9019! I had a f2f for USAir on April 5th of this year, but didn't make it all the way. Do you know if one has to wait 6 months, or a year to re-apply?

Hey! I got hired on April 5th! out of the first interview. and I think you do have to wait 6 months so definitely apply it wouldn't hurt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

pprohoroff in San Diego, California said: Unable to access online app. No job listed. Will it be available soon? Thanks!

Um if you would have read you would have saw I said WEEKEND it should be.. but not making any promises.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

wapiti in Glen Ellyn, Illinois said: thanks for the info. What is the most junior base you have?

PHL! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in El Paso, Texas

23 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: Hello Everyone!

**We are starting out initial hiring process this weekend --- online you should be able to apply flight attendants --east and west-- (Please note anything could always change in the airline industry) We are planning for numerous new hire classes starting in January 2013-- and Interview will more then likely start in November. Any questions? I will certainly try to help as much as I can.

Has this job opening been closed already?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Need to be BLUE in Valley Stream, New York

23 months ago

Was anyone able to apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Carol Stream, Illinois

23 months ago

I checked every day the job was never posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Carol Stream, Illinois

23 months ago

She seemed to know that phi was the most junior base. Maybe the company just changed their hiring plans to a later date. Keep checking every day cause you never know when it might be listed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

22 months ago

JstKkcn in Mesa, Arizona said: Hey ya'll - take a deep breath and relax. As far as we understand, vacancy may be announced middle of October (that information was obtained from a newsletter available to US Airways flight attendants). Remember that things change quickly in flight attendant world, but as of now, the word on the street is that US Airways will be hiring soon for classes starting in January. No one is trying to play nasty tricks on anyone or intentionally provide false information. Keep checking usairways.com for hiring information. Recognize, however, that there is: 1) a rather contentious contract battle between the union and management; 2) a possible merger with American Airlines; and, 3) a rather volatile economy can change staffing plans from one day to the next. Part of playing and winning the flight attendant game is tremendous flexibility and recognizing that there are 3 sides to every story - the one you hear, the one you tell, and the truth. Try to avoid getting too discouraged with delays (especially information delays) - they'll become a part of your life as a flight attendant :)

I, for one, wasn't disappointed when I checked the site and didn't see the FA position posted. As you said, flexibility is the name of the game! All we should be doing is monitoring the USAirways website! Thanks for your post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Need to be BLUE in New York, New York

22 months ago

JstKkcn in Mesa, Arizona said: Hey ya'll - take a deep breath and relax. As far as we understand, vacancy may be announced middle of October (that information was obtained from a newsletter available to US Airways flight attendants). Remember that things change quickly in flight attendant world, but as of now, the word on the street is that US Airways will be hiring soon for classes starting in January. No one is trying to play nasty tricks on anyone or intentionally provide false information. Keep checking usairways.com for hiring information. Recognize, however, that there is: 1) a rather contentious contract battle between the union and management; 2) a possible merger with American Airlines; and, 3) a rather volatile economy can change staffing plans from one day to the next. Part of playing and winning the flight attendant game is tremendous flexibility and recognizing that there are 3 sides to every story - the one you hear, the one you tell, and the truth. Try to avoid getting too discouraged with delays (especially information delays) - they'll become a part of your life as a flight attendant :)

Yes I know what the waiting game in the aviation industry is all about. I am currently a FA based out of EWR. I just find it odd that not one of the US Airways friends were able to confirm Job postings for last weekend. All are saying mid Oct. reading back on the post on this page maybe its just me but I tend to speak to people just a little different then the way other may choose. My post before wasn't to hurt anyone. But remember I this is a open forum that anyone can come a post info weather its true or not. As we all can see with any Airline job just keep checking the website for yourselves. The good this is mid Oct is this weekend so maybe sooner then later a opening will be posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

In The Sky in West Palm Beach, Florida

22 months ago

I have it set as one of my home pages, looking at the posting every time i start up my computer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

newtoChicago12 in Shaumburg, Illinois

22 months ago

Hi, I was wondering if US Airways fly you out for your interview? I was just trying to get a heads up in case they started hiring again soon.. Thanks...:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

newtoChicago12 in Shaumburg, Illinois said: Hi, I was wondering if US Airways fly you out for your interview? I was just trying to get a heads up in case they started hiring again soon.. Thanks...:)

Yes we do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Hi guys. Like I said... things change everyday in the airline business.. I was informed that it was suppose to be last weekend..however something could have changed? I didn't deliberately post this just to get a response out of people...... Who would do that? But I know that we expecting at least 8 classes next year. so just hang on and you will get your opportunity to apply and get your interviews :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia

22 months ago

Hi! I am a college student graduating in December. I am VERY interested in a flight attendant position with US at PHX, as I will be moving there when I graduate. I have applied to other airline positions and have gotten no response. Any advice from someone more experienced in this area? Tips for ways I could get farther in the process? I have always wanted to be a flight attendant and I think US is a great fit. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

fromthe757 in Oxon Hill, Maryland

22 months ago

When the US Airways Flight Attendant position opens, are current and active Air Wisconsin Flight Attendants given preference? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wapiti in Batavia, Illinois

22 months ago

what are the chances of getting phoenix as your base out of training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

It was released that we are hiring 480 flight attendants next year classes will start at the end of January. We will have 8 classes with the last 2 classes being PHX based so if you want the West ( I wouldn't recommended it ) then wait to apply for the West

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fromthe757 in Oxon Hill, Maryland

22 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: It was released that we are hiring 480 flight attendants next year classes will start at the end of January. We will have 8 classes with the last 2 classes being PHX based so if you want the West ( I wouldn't recommended it ) then wait to apply for the West

How long have you been flying with US Airways?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia

22 months ago

Plan on being on reserve for a long time. I'm based in PHL and have been on reserve for 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Luft Waffle in Düsseldorf, Germany

22 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: It was released that we are hiring 480 flight attendants next year classes will start at the end of January. We will have 8 classes with the last 2 classes being PHX based so if you want the West ( I wouldn't recommended it ) then wait to apply for the West

Thank you! will keep checking for the posting :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Curious

22 months ago

I'm wondering why wouldn't your recommend the PHX base?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JstKkcn

22 months ago

From US Airways InFlight Weekly:

• Plans Underway for New-Hire Flight Attendant Recruitment – Staffing
needs for 2013 will require approximately 465 new-hire Flight attendants to
backfill positions created by attrition and the addition of new A330/A321 aircraft.
Eight new-hire classes are planned beginning Jan. 7, 2013, with the last class
scheduled to graduate on June 18. East Coast bases will realize a gain of 310 new
colleagues and the PHX base will add 155 positions. Applications need to be filed
through a dedicated US Airways website, which will be up and running within the
next few weeks. Recruitment sessions begin Nov. 13 and will continue through
next February.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fromthe757 in Norfolk, Virginia

22 months ago

JstKkcn said: From US Airways InFlight Weekly:

• Plans Underway for New-Hire Flight Attendant Recruitment – Staffing
needs for 2013 will require approximately 465 new-hire Flight attendants to
backfill positions created by attrition and the addition of new A330/A321 aircraft.
Eight new-hire classes are planned beginning Jan. 7, 2013, with the last class
scheduled to graduate on June 18. East Coast bases will realize a gain of 310 new
colleagues and the PHX base will add 155 positions. Applications need to be filed
through a dedicated US Airways website, which will be up and running within the
next few weeks. Recruitment sessions begin Nov. 13 and will continue through
next February.

Thanks, JstKkcn!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

22 months ago

Can anyone currently with USAirways tell us what starting salary for East FAs is as well as guarantee and per diem. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia

22 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Can anyone currently with USAirways tell us what starting salary for East FAs is as well as guarantee and per diem. Thanks!

Well you'll be on reserve forever so the salary isn't good. I made more at my regional than I do here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

22 months ago

For those that are interested the Flight Attendant notice is out on the job board for CLT!!!! Good Luck to everyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia

22 months ago

If I am primarily interested in the PHX base, but would like any base if I didn't get PHX, can I apply to more than one area's posting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

22 months ago

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia said: If I am primarily interested in the PHX base, but would like any base if I didn't get PHX, can I apply to more than one area's posting?

I believe you can. That's what I did the last time. Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

22 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: For those that are interested the Flight Attendant notice is out on the job board for CLT!!!! Good Luck to everyone!!

so you`re saying that they won`t send new hire to CLT? i didn`t understand really good.please explain thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Luft Waffle in Düsseldorf, Germany

22 months ago

Applied. Thank you for the heads up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MillionsOfShoes in Chicago, Illinois

22 months ago

Good Morning FA9019 & Tonya,
I know the East and West operations are completely separate but was wondering if FAs are able to transfer from an East base to the West base and vice-versa...or is that not possible at this time since the two FA groups have not been integrated? Merged may be a better term, but that's what we're calling it at my current airline... Bringing two airlines together is so crazy w/contract negotiations, etc. This kind of thing can take a bazillion years.

Oh, another question: Are East FAs able to jumpseat on West metal??
Thanks, I appreciate the insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MillionsOfShoes in Chicago, Illinois

22 months ago

MillionsOfShoes in Chicago, Illinois said: Good Morning FA9019 & Tonya,
I know the East and West operations are completely separate but was wondering if FAs are able to transfer from an East base to the West base and vice-versa...or is that not possible at this time since the two FA groups have not been integrated? Merged may be a better term, but that's what we're calling it at my current airline... Bringing two airlines together is so crazy w/contract negotiations, etc. This kind of thing can take a bazillion years.

Oh, another question: Are East FAs able to jumpseat on West metal??
Thanks, I appreciate the insight.

*******UPDATE*******
I found the answer to the transfer question on the AFA Q & A board for the current TA.

I'd still like to know if all US Airways have JS privileges, regardless of whether it is an East/West airplane. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

fromthe757 in Oxon Hill, Maryland said: How long have you been flying with US Airways?

about 7 months now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

EWRFA in New Jersey said: Can anyone currently with USAirways tell us what starting salary for East FAs is as well as guarantee and per diem. Thanks!

yea its 20.51 73 hrs per month and per diem is 2.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: Well you'll be on reserve forever so the salary isn't good. I made more at my regional than I do here.

ahem to that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: so you`re saying that they won`t send new hire to CLT? i didn`t understand really good.please explain thanks.

no if you are a new hire you are gonna get based in philly... its the reality. I have people in my class that have yet to be tx to CLT... last time I saw the last person go was seniority of 97....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

betsy3927 in Athens, Georgia said: If I am primarily interested in the PHX base, but would like any base if I didn't get PHX, can I apply to more than one area's posting?

Yea THE last 2 classes are projected for PHX.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

22 months ago

Tonyaflygirl in Arlington, Virginia said: Well you'll be on reserve forever so the salary isn't good. I made more at my regional than I do here.

Wow! 5 years on reserve?! I know US is pretty large but that seems like such a long time to not be able to hold a line with your seniority. Could you transfer to another base and hold a line or is PHL the most junior base?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

22 months ago

If they could outsource sigmoidoscopy, they would.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Wow! 5 years on reserve?! I know US is pretty large but that seems like such a long time to not be able to hold a line with your seniority. Could you transfer to another base and hold a line or is PHL the most junior base?!

PHL is the most junior base and 5 yrs is nothing... I know flight attendants that have been here 15 years and finally just got a solid secondary line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: PHL is the most junior base and 5 yrs is nothing... I know flight attendants that have been here 15 years and finally just got a solid secondary line

Wow! Thanks for you response! Kinda scary to think that you could sit reserve for that long and not hold a line. Do they really need to hire that many new people if there are already so many just sitting and waiting?! Are a bunch of older F/A's retiring this year or something?!

22 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: PHL is the most junior base and 5 yrs is nothing... I know flight attendants that have been here 15 years and finally just got a solid secondary line

Also do you think that most new hires will be sent to PHL out of training or could they also go to CLT or DCA?!

22 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Wow! Thanks for you response! Kinda scary to think that you could sit reserve for that long and not hold a line. Do they really need to hire that many new people if there are already so many just sitting and waiting?! Are a bunch of older F/A's retiring this year or something?!

i`m asking the same question ???????????? that`s one of the reason why i`m asking myself if is a good idea to work for major airline. can someone tells me if you are on reserve for long time if you`re a speaker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Flight-Attendant9019 in Pennsylvania said: no if you are a new hire you are gonna get based in philly... its the reality. I have people in my class that have yet to be tx to CLT... last time I saw the last person go was seniority of 97....

that`s not really intrusting.i need to think about it.i love the weather on the East.but thanks for the info anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Wow! Thanks for you response! Kinda scary to think that you could sit reserve for that long and not hold a line. Do they really need to hire that many new people if there are already so many just sitting and waiting?! Are a bunch of older F/A's retiring this year or something?!

We all thought oh people must be retiring.. YEA RIGHT! we are getting new A330's so the company thinks we need to hire new F/A's to service the new planes for a recrew (which barely happens ) and we are getting new 321's and that needs a additional F/A soooo unless they are not telling us something... you are going to sit just like we do now. but don't get me wrong... I love when I do fly. I love traveling and seeing the world. Just have to weight your options.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.