American Airlines hiring flight Attendants 2013!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54735)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

Hi all I just received information that Legacy carrier American Airlines will be hiring flight attendants for 2013!! Whether this true or not I'm unsure but a flight attendant I spoke with said the are hiring close to 1500 flight attendants and they are going to start recruiting towards the end of this year!!!! But once again I'm not sure if this information is accurate....:) but if it is......get ready American hasn't hired in a long time!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (363) / No (337) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

If you know any information on American Airlines inflight please post here so this new forum can began!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (58) Reply - Report abuse

fly like an eagle in Dallas, Texas

23 months ago

American did hire summer 2001, don't know what happen after 9-11 i was called in Phoenix& was moving back to Texas, so glad to see in UsA today paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

Hopefully things will turn around for the best!!! I'm hoping....:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Let's keep each other posted! I saw AA has a base in Miami!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

italiangirl in West Chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

That is super long. They must have a lot of aircraft to learn. The article I read did say the job will be lower paying that what the current flight attendant makes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

italiangirl in West Chicago, Illinois said: That is super long. They must have a lot of aircraft to learn. The article I read did say the job will be lower paying that what the current flight attendant makes.

I believe it since they are trying to cut costs........since its been 11 years since they last hired......it will be interesting to see the bases and pay structure.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

23 months ago

Mark off November 5th in your calendars everybody! Thats when they will post job online. I wonder if they have already started hiring internally for flight attendants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

italiangirl in Naperville, Illinois said: I am pretty sure you would have to apply like everybody else. I think eagle is gonna break away from them anyhows. I did read a article that if us airways does merge with american that us airways is not interested at all in obtaining eagle. Just what I read in a newspaper article. Do not know if true.

---
Im actually not an american eagle f/a yet, waiting to hear about trzining and now not sure what to do because I must admit I do prefer working bigger aircraft..any advise anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas said: ---
Im actually not an american eagle f/a yet, waiting to hear about trzining and now not sure what to do because I must admit I do prefer working bigger aircraft..any advise anyone?

Hi!! I was a previous AA Flight Attendant before 9-11..then of course the furlough. What I can tell you is that Eagle is planning on breaking away from the mother ship. I would take the Eagle training if I were you...only because you may or may not get on with AA. The only thing I would suggest is that you could always delay your training as long as possible, but then you would be losing seniority. So it's a toss up. They will of course take Internals, Speakers, and then everyone else. Someone did mention that training was 8 weeks. When I went through it was only 6 and yes there were several aircrafts to learn at the time...but American has shifted alot of focus on International flying as that is where the money is...so they are spending the extra time on all of the International Service. If that makes sense. If you have any other questions, let me know, but keep in mind I went through in 2001.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

Yes I went on AA careers it says hiring flight attendants Nov 5, 2012!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

love is in the air

23 months ago

Does anybody knows where are the headquarters and where they do interviews?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

23 months ago

love is in the air said: Does anybody knows where are the headquarters and where they do interviews?

AA headquarters are in Dallas, TX and so is the F/A training. Not sure where interviews will be held, but most likely Dallas as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

fromthe757 in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

fromthe757 in Brooklyn, New York said: Are the most junior bases? Thanks!

Oops.. WHERE are the most junior bases? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

love is in the air in Miami, Florida

23 months ago

ex_FA_in_FLA in Florida said: DFW or Dallas/Ft Worth Texas is their headquarters. The reason training is now 8 1/2 weeks is not only for all the aircraft types but now they will be training for both domestic and international flying. It used to be two separate groups. They will be training all flight attendants who will mainly be on reserve starting out to be able to fly both domestic and international trips to save money.

Thank you so much! Do you know if there is any chance of getting based in Miami? Do they prefer speakers of forein languages?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey

23 months ago

Follow My Dream in Morrisville, Pennsylvania said: I am curious to get experienced perspectives/opinions on the following: Which airline is considered the best to work for as a Flight Attendant in the industry?
I seriously want to apply but not sure if I should pursue United or US Airways as they are hiring now or wait it out until Delta or American hire? These are the 4 that I have an interest in and I'm familiar enough with them from an outsiders view but really interested in knowing what the honest inside the industry viewpoint is. I really appreciate all responses.

Hi Follow My Dream! Just an opinion, but I would apply to them all. It is very hard to get a flight attendant job with a mainline company. Once again, I am just stating numbers, but 1% to maybe 8% of people that apply, actually get the job. The numbers are staggering, as to how many applications these companies get. I am not being negative, just realistic. Stay positive, and apply wherever you have an interest. I am trying also. Good luck to everyone that is going to apply with AA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

23 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey said: Hi Follow My Dream! Just an opinion, but I would apply to them all. It is very hard to get a flight attendant job with a mainline company. Once again, I am just stating numbers, but 1% to maybe 8% of people that apply, actually get the job. The numbers are staggering, as to how many applications these companies get. I am not being negative, just realistic. Stay positive, and apply wherever you have an interest. I am trying also. Good luck to everyone that is going to apply with AA!

100% true! Also, with this industry the term "one size fits all" doesn't apply. People want different things....better quality of life, living in base, being away for long stretches....only working turns, working as a single FA, working with a huge crew....It all depends on what's important to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

love is in the air in Miami, Florida

23 months ago

What's the airline that pays the most?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Parker, Colorado

23 months ago

SeaCat in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Does anyone know if they pay during training? Do they help with uniforms, luggage, etc?
Thanks!

From what I read on the site, they do not pay for training. I believe hotel and food are covered. The AA site also states that they take 20.00 per pay to cover uniforms for new FA's. Good luck to all that aspire to get their wings! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Hi!! I was a previous AA Flight Attendant before 9-11..then of course the furlough. What I can tell you is that Eagle is planning on breaking away from the mother ship. I would take the Eagle training if I were you...only because you may or may not get on with AA. The only thing I would suggest is that you could always delay your training as long as possible, but then you would be losing seniority. So it's a toss up. They will of course take Internals, Speakers, and then everyone else. Someone did mention that training was 8 weeks. When I went through it was only 6 and yes there were several aircrafts to learn at the time...but American has shifted alot of focus on International flying as that is where the money is...so they are spending the extra time on all of the International Service. If that makes sense. If you have any other questions, let me know, but keep in mind I went through in 2001.

the training is 3 1/2 weeks that was they told us during the interview.i know people who just graduate from the training last month.it was only 3 1/2 weeks.they change again???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Hi!! I was a previous AA Flight Attendant before 9-11..then of course the furlough. What I can tell you is that Eagle is planning on breaking away from the mother ship. I would take the Eagle training if I were you...only because you may or may not get on with AA. The only thing I would suggest is that you could always delay your training as long as possible, but then you would be losing seniority. So it's a toss up. They will of course take Internals, Speakers, and then everyone else. Someone did mention that training was 8 weeks. When I went through it was only 6 and yes there were several aircrafts to learn at the time...but American has shifted alot of focus on International flying as that is where the money is...so they are spending the extra time on all of the International Service. If that makes sense. If you have any other questions, let me know, but keep in mind I went through in 2001.

i have this question to. so let say you start working with A/E and decided to go with AA can you just transfer or you have to start the process again? they say they are the same people,but i`m confused why can you just transfer????? and also since i`m a speaker i sit most of the time or not? what about reserve and hold a line? can you advise me to go with AA since i`m a speaker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Hi!! I was a previous AA Flight Attendant before 9-11..then of course the furlough. What I can tell you is that Eagle is planning on breaking away from the mother ship. I would take the Eagle training if I were you...only because you may or may not get on with AA. The only thing I would suggest is that you could always delay your training as long as possible, but then you would be losing seniority. So it's a toss up. They will of course take Internals, Speakers, and then everyone else. Someone did mention that training was 8 weeks. When I went through it was only 6 and yes there were several aircrafts to learn at the time...but American has shifted alot of focus on International flying as that is where the money is...so they are spending the extra time on all of the International Service. If that makes sense. If you have any other questions, let me know, but keep in mind I went through in 2001.

Jacqui....Thank you for taking the time to provide info. I know you might be speaking from your experience in 2001, but what you have to say sounds very applicable/relevant to now.
My first thought was with what you said about delaying training with AE, but now I'm more with the idea that I should go ahead and join the class with AE because it might actually increase my chances with AA...don't you think? I do have airline (non f/a)customer service experience, but my most recent job was more administrative and so "on paper" that is not going to look as good as Flight Attendant for American Eagle...right?
For one, because it also means you've passed fingerprinting, background and medical and are ready to go. You know what I mean? Orrrrr.......(hehe) would they frown on someone who just joined Eagle is either still a trainee or just out of training and already wants to go to AA??? OMG...this has me on pins and needles!....LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey said: Hi Follow My Dream! Just an opinion, but I would apply to them all. It is very hard to get a flight attendant job with a mainline company. Once again, I am just stating numbers, but 1% to maybe 8% of people that apply, actually get the job. The numbers are staggering, as to how many applications these companies get. I am not being negative, just realistic. Stay positive, and apply wherever you have an interest. I am trying also. Good luck to everyone that is going to apply with AA!

On the point as to how many applications the airlines get, I'm a bit surprised then that AA would announce ahead of time when they're going to post because is not like they need to convince people...haha! And aren't they afraid there's going to be a "system overload" from everybody applying at once?....I'm just saying..lol! Good luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Does anyone know where training is held for AA? Also what is starting pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: Does anyone know where training is held for AA? Also what is starting pay?

Hi!! Training is held in DFW...not sure what the starting pay is though....Sorry I couldn't help on that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

TRUST AND BELIEVE in GSO, North Carolina said: AMERICAN EAGLE JUST OPEN THE POST FOR THOSE WHO DIDN`T APLLIED LAST TIME. LUCK LUCK

I just went to website and it says they are no longer accepting applications. ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

flyer808 in Honolulu, Hawaii

23 months ago

I cant wait until it opens. I so want to work for american

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas said: Jacqui....Thank you for taking the time to provide info. I know you might be speaking from your experience in 2001, but what you have to say sounds very applicable/relevant to now.
My first thought was with what you said about delaying training with AE, but now I'm more with the idea that I should go ahead and join the class with AE because it might actually increase my chances with AA...don't you think? I do have airline (non f/a)customer service experience, but my most recent job was more administrative and so "on paper" that is not going to look as good as Flight Attendant for American Eagle...right?
For one, because it also means you've passed fingerprinting, background and medical and are ready to go. You know what I mean? Orrrrr.......(hehe) would they frown on someone who just joined Eagle is either still a trainee or just out of training and already wants to go to AA??? OMG...this has me on pins and needles!....LOL!

Good questions...and I'll try to answer them to as best I can. If you go with AE you're going to be on probation so they would kinda frown on you leaving to head to AA, plus the companies are still linked together. AA will pick up on that in a heart beat since they do run people through their database and you'll be back to square one. That is one of the reasons why I suggested holding off as long as possible. Having experience with any Regional is awesome as it does give you a leg up. As for as having no experience, alot of the Regionals are looking for that because they don't want any of the "bad habits" that some of career FA's come with. Yes..passing all of the fingerprinting and stuff like that is great...as that means you would most likely put in the first class, but getting to the interview would be key. I know it's a lot to take in, BUT...again those are my thoughts. Keep in touch and let me know if I can help. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Good questions...and I'll try to answer them to as best I can. If you go with AE you're going to be on probation so they would kinda frown on you leaving to head to AA, plus the companies are still linked together. AA will pick up on that in a heart beat since they do run people through their database and you'll be back to square one. That is one of the reasons why I suggested holding off as long as possible. Having experience with any Regional is awesome as it does give you a leg up. As for as having no experience, alot of the Regionals are looking for that because they don't want any of the "bad habits" that some of career FA's come with. Yes..passing all of the fingerprinting and stuff like that is great...as that means you would most likely put in the first class, but getting to the interview would be key. I know it's a lot to take in, BUT...again those are my thoughts. Keep in touch and let me know if I can help. Good Luck!!

------

Thank you sooo much Jacqui for your input! It does help (A LOT) while I ponder what to do.
I must say I did have a chance with another Regional but one of the reasons I preferred Eagle, was because I thought one day it could "lead me" to the "mother ship" (Lol), but I thought it would be down the road some time...never imagined this kind of timing! Thanks Again :-) !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

The American Airlines training and conference center is very nice!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Does anyone know the answer as to where are the most junior bases for AA?
Assuming you got placed in a base that was not your first choice how long till you are allowed to ask for a transfer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida said: Does anyone know the answer as to where are the most junior bases for AA?
Assuming you got placed in a base that was not your first choice how long till you are allowed to ask for a transfer?

I BELIEVE..it's LGA. As for the transfer, not long after graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Spiritual in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

I just copied this info from another person's post on a different forum:
AA hiring on November 5th:

"...we’re planning to hire more than 1500 new flight attendants over a 12 month period. We look forward to welcoming new faces and working together to bring a fresh energy to our team, while at the same time giving current flight attendants the opportunity to move up the seniority list and many will no longer serve reserve.

To meet this goal, we have developed a “hire for fit” recruitment process that will work to identify and select candidates who can join our current flight attendants to deliver an excellent customer service experience that aligns with the new American.

Candidates will complete an online assessment that measures their personality, situational judgment and cultural fit to ensure that they can deliver an exceptional onboard experience. We’ll also be looking for some specific areas of expertise, particularly in language skills. If you know of someone, a friend or neighbor, who you think fits the bill, please let them know that we are hiring and encourage them to apply at www.aacareers.com starting November 5, 2012.

Our plan is to start interviewing new hire flight attendant candidates in early December, with the first class starting their 8 ½ week training course in late January. New hire flight attendants will be trained to fly both domestic and international, and with the exception of some speakers will be assigned to the domestic operation."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Hi!! I was a previous AA Flight Attendant before 9-11..then of course the furlough. What I can tell you is that Eagle is planning on breaking away from the mother ship. I would take the Eagle training if I were you...only because you may or may not get on with AA. The only thing I would suggest is that you could always delay your training as long as possible, but then you would be losing seniority. So it's a toss up. They will of course take Internals, Speakers, and then everyone else. Someone did mention that training was 8 weeks. When I went through it was only 6 and yes there were several aircrafts to learn at the time...but American has shifted alot of focus on International flying as that is where the money is...so they are spending the extra time on all of the International Service. If that makes sense. If you have any other questions, let me know, but keep in mind I went through in 2001.

What age would be the maximum to apply ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

could someone please tell me what you think the maximum age would be to apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in New Jersey

23 months ago

There's no maximum age. technically, as long as you meet minimum qualifications and can pass background checks, training (IOE) and your emergency drills---you can be hired. No airline can deny anyone based on age---it's illegal, obviously. I was hired for my first FA job at 50 and second at 52. Looking for lucky #3...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

paris in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

Hi guys I was reading(trying to read I should say lol) American Airlines current contract..... their pay for domestic is between 20.24 or 22.24, and international pay is 22.24-25.14 they all top off at a pay scale around $47.00. But our pay scale will be different if we get the job with American. Its a huge contract breaking everything down from domestic and international pay. Per diem is is also different......monthly guarantee is 70 hours or I could be wrong....If you are interested in seeing the current contract Google Association of Professional Flight Attendants and click on current contract...... just to get an idea.... but once again I believe our contract will be different upon getting hired

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi guys I was reading(trying to read I should say lol) American Airlines current contract..... their pay for domestic is between 20.24 or 22.24, and international pay is 22.24-25.14 they all top off at a pay scale around $47.00. But our pay scale will be different if we get the job with American. Its a huge contract breaking everything down from domestic and international pay. Per diem is is also different......monthly guarantee is 70 hours or I could be wrong....If you are interested in seeing the current contract Google Association of Professional Flight Attendants and click on current contract...... just to get an idea.... but once again I believe our contract will be different upon getting hired

---

I just had to say that I LOVE your positive approach to this, referring to "our pay scale" and "our contract upon getting hired"
which is exactly the way we should be thinking! Can you say "Law of attraction"?...Lol!
To be honest though, yes, money does matter, but I am just going to love working for such a Legacy carrier and at same time being part of the New American Airlines !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

fly2013 in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

IXLNXS in Houston, Texas said: ---

I just had to say that I LOVE your positive approach to this, referring to "our pay scale" and "our contract upon getting hired"
which is exactly the way we should be thinking! Can you say "Law of attraction"?...Lol!
To be honest though, yes, money does matter, but I am just going to love working for such a Legacy carrier and at same time being part of the New American Airlines !!!

Thank you so much!!!! I can't wait to be apart of the New American too!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TEP23 in Buffalo, New York

23 months ago

Does anyone know if NYC-based FA's will need go cover trips out of multiple airports? I saw someone posted that LGA was a junior base but does anyone have any information about seniority in other bases? My guess would be LAX and MIA would be next to impossible to hold out of training. Also does anyone know when flight benefits kick in? If I somehow make it through the interview I would ideally like to commute from DCA but it would be difficult to do if they weren't active right away....thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said: Does Anyone think they will provide travel accommedations to the interview????

Yes they will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne in Sacramento, California

23 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said: Does Anyone think they will provide travel accommedations to the interview????

In the past they have provided air travel. I don't believe they will provide hotel accommodations. American Eagle provides the flight but not the hotel. I assume it would be the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

TEP23 in Buffalo, New York said: Does anyone know if NYC-based FA's will need go cover trips out of multiple airports? I saw someone posted that LGA was a junior base but does anyone have any information about seniority in other bases? My guess would be LAX and MIA would be next to impossible to hold out of training. Also does anyone know when flight benefits kick in? If I somehow make it through the interview I would ideally like to commute from DCA but it would be difficult to do if they weren't active right away....thanks!

Hey...Not sure what has changed..but yes you do cover all of the airports. Normally..what is offered out of training is LGA, ORD and DFW. MIA and LAX are REALLY SENIOR to get into. Normally you have transfer into those unless you are a Speaker. Flight Benefits kick in after probation which is 6 months. That was one of the problems I had when I started was I commuting from Florida and staying in hotel rooms. If I get selected this time, I will be moving to my new base. Murphy's Law always happens while your on reserve..trust me...lol. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Good questions...and I'll try to answer them to as best I can. If you go with AE you're going to be on probation so they would kinda frown on you leaving to head to AA, plus the companies are still linked together. AA will pick up on that in a heart beat since they do run people through their database and you'll be back to square one. That is one of the reasons why I suggested holding off as long as possible. Having experience with any Regional is awesome as it does give you a leg up. As for as having no experience, alot of the Regionals are looking for that because they don't want any of the "bad habits" that some of career FA's come with. Yes..passing all of the fingerprinting and stuff like that is great...as that means you would most likely put in the first class, but getting to the interview would be key. I know it's a lot to take in, BUT...again those are my thoughts. Keep in touch and let me know if I can help. Good Luck!!

So, are you saying I shouldn't apply on 11/5 as a flight attendant....that I should wait? I'm confused. The training is in January in Dallas, I was told. Do you mean to hold off on the training? My mother was a "stewardess" for National in the 50s, and my father handled the high profile clients out of Miami. I was even conceived, as they watched airplanes taking off at the Miami Airport, and my mother flew with me in her belly for 4 months (secretly)! I've always wanted to be a flight attendant for AA, but life got in the way. I am now an attractive and healthy woman in my 50s. Do I stand a chance in hell of actually getting a flight attendant job at this point with AA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: So, are you saying I shouldn't apply on 11/5 as a flight attendant....that I should wait? I'm confused. The training is in January in Dallas, I was told. Do you mean to hold off on the training? My mother was a "stewardess" for National in the 50s, and my father handled the high profile clients out of Miami. I was even conceived, as they watched airplanes taking off at the Miami Airport, and my mother flew with me in her belly for 4 months (secretly)! I've always wanted to be a flight attendant for AA, but life got in the way. I am now an attractive and healthy woman in my 50s. Do I stand a chance in hell of actually getting a flight attendant job at this point with AA?

Hey Ms. Pam...my comment was directed at someone else..lol. As far as getting on as a Flight Attendant in your 50's..of course you can. One of my classmates was 55 when we went through. Ohh...and they can't use your age...that's against the law. Best of Luck to You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

23 months ago

Does anyone know for sure what we will be responsible for paying for during the training? I was told AA paid for everything...the flight, training, hotels, food. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

23 months ago

Jacqui in Fort Walton Beach, Florida said: Hey Ms. Pam...my comment was directed at someone else..lol. As far as getting on as a Flight Attendant in your 50's..of course you can. One of my classmates was 55 when we went through. Ohh...and they can't use your age...that's against the law. Best of Luck to You.

Wow, that was a quick response! Thank you! I knew you weren't talking to me. I just thought you were giving general advice. I'm 57, so I'm glad there is hope! Thank you so very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia

23 months ago

Pamela in Santa Monica, California said: So, are you saying I shouldn't apply on 11/5 as a flight attendant....that I should wait? I'm confused. The training is in January in Dallas, I was told. Do you mean to hold off on the training? My mother was a "stewardess" for National in the 50s, and my father handled the high profile clients out of Miami. I was even conceived, as they watched airplanes taking off at the Miami Airport, and my mother flew with me in her belly for 4 months (secretly)! I've always wanted to be a flight attendant for AA, but life got in the way. I am now an attractive and healthy woman in my 50s. Do I stand a chance in hell of actually getting a flight attendant job at this point with AA?

Well its against the law to discriminate against an employee do to their age. You have as much of chance as anyone else does. Plus I read on a news article that the current average age of an AA flight attendant is between 50 and 54. I'm sure they want different kinds of people from all walks of life. Good luck and stay positive :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Santa Monica, California

23 months ago

Bay21 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Well its against the law to discriminate against an employee do to their age. You have as much of chance as anyone else does. Plus I read on a news article that the current average age of an AA flight attendant is between 50 and 54. I'm sure they want different kinds of people from all walks of life. Good luck and stay positive :)

Thank you so much for your kind words, Bay21!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.