VIRGIN AMERICA HIRING 2013

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 93)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

So I was made aware that Virgin America was now hiring as of today for LAX. The website itself has crashed though when I went to apply. Any word on information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

The base is SFO, not LAX. I was told incorrect information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MCOFA in Florida

20 months ago

Hello everyone,

How much is pay and per diem? Why is virigin hing? Did they get new aircrafts or expanding? How long is training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California

20 months ago

Yes, while the location in the post says LAX, if you read further down into the job description it does say that you must be willing to be based in SFO and fly out of SFO on short notice. VX is hiring because they are expanding routes.

As for the other questions, there are other forums on here dedicated to VX Inflight and they cover the pay, per diem and training extensively...along with other benefits.

Good Luck!!

Running in the Sky in DFW, Texas

20 months ago

I received 3 e-mails,
1. Thank you for creating account
2. Thank you for appling In Flight position.
3. Request Online Assessment

My question is that why am I not receiving any confirmation e- mail after assessment?
Is there anybody who have received confirmation e-mail?
I'm worried. .. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

There is a MUCH better forum for Virgin America In-Flight that covers a lot of the questions anyone might have although it does require some researching through the forum...attention to detail folks and willingness to seek out answers and be resourceful. All qualities a flight attendant should possess!! :)

Here's the link:

www.indeed.com/forum/job/flight-attendant/Virgin-America/t34336/p195

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah

20 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: There is a MUCH better forum for Virgin America In-Flight that covers a lot of the questions anyone might have although it does require some researching through the forum...attention to detail folks and willingness to seek out answers and be resourceful. All qualities a flight attendant should possess!! :)

Here's the link:

Thank you for posting this. I just applied and took the assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Thank you for posting. I just applied and took the assessment.

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars

20 months ago

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Thank you for posting. I just applied and took the assessment.

Dear.Kyle
Did you receive the confirmation e- mail after assessment?

20 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: Dear.Kyle
Did you receive the confirmation e- mail after assessment?

I got an email with instructions for it and then at the bottom it said "your qualifications will be reviewed, if you don't hear back, then visit our website for other employment opportunities." That was the last email I got.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Kyle in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I got an email with instructions for it and then at the bottom it said "your qualifications will be reviewed, if you don't hear back, then visit our website for other employment opportunities." That was the last email I got.

Thank you so much

Wish you the best of luck :)

Kyle

20 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: Thank you so much

Wish you the best of luck :)

You're welcome. You too. Let's keep each other posted. :-)

Letsfly in San Diego, California

20 months ago

phatrina in Dallas, Texas said: I applied yesterday, on the16th.
Hopefully to be heard from them soon :)
Does anybody know what is the next step,
I mean do they do phone interview first before f2f?

Yes, You get a phone interview first. If you pass, at the end of the phone interview they schedule for the F2F.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Letsfly in San Diego, California

20 months ago

Hello everyone,

I created a FB page for Virgin America Hopefuls. I thought it would be nice to put faces to all the people we chat with.

I tried to paste the link, but Indeed did not allow me to do so.

Go to facebook and type in "Virgin America F/A Hopefuls"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Yes, You get a phone interview first. If you pass, at the end of the phone interview they schedule for the F2F.

Dear. Letsfly
I just want to know when do they start to give us call for the phone interview?
Right after passed the assessment or should I wait till the posting is closed?

phatrina in Dallas, Texas

20 months ago

Letsfly in San Diego, California said: Yes, You get a phone interview first. If you pass, at the end of the phone interview they schedule for the F2F.

PLZ phone wake up & ring! ring!! ring!!!

HopingToFly in El Segundo, California

20 months ago

It looks like they have already taken the posting down!!! I am so sad. Anyone else receiving an error message??

20 months ago

HopingToFly in El Segundo, California said: It looks like they have already taken the posting down!!! I am so sad. Anyone else receiving an error message??

Really? They just put their posting yesterday.

20 months ago

How many FA they're hiring @ this round?
Anybody knows?

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida

20 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: Really? They just put their posting yesterday.

I applied yesterday. But I am "thinking" they were bombarded with applications and met their maximum applicants at this point. But that is just my opinion.

20 months ago

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida said: I applied yesterday. But I am "thinking" they were bombarded with applications and met their maximum applicants at this point. But that is just my opinion.

Yup! I'm glad we did it yesterday.
Good luck :)

20 months ago

SFOFlyGuy72 in San Francisco, California said: There is a MUCH better forum for Virgin America In-Flight that covers a lot of the questions anyone might have although it does require some researching through the forum...attention to detail folks and willingness to seek out answers and be resourceful. All qualities a flight attendant should possess!! :)

Here's the link:

Yes, I did understand that there was another board for VA FA's. There were almost 10,000 comments on that board so I decided to start a "fresh" board, for those of us that are new. I do understand that there is useful information on the other board and it's our job to research, but that is A LOT of sorting. Thank you, I appreciate the link SFOFlyGuy72.

20 months ago

I tried to LogIn for checking my status on their web,

But it didn't let me, it said 'Registered Users / Account Locked'.

Is there anyone has a same issue? or just me?

Worried... :(

20 months ago

ChicagoHopeful in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes, I did understand that there was another board for VA FA's. There were almost 10,000 comments on that board so I decided to start a "fresh" board, for those of us that are new. I do understand that there is useful information on the other board and it's our job to research, but that is A LOT of sorting. Thank you, I appreciate the link SFOFlyGuy72.

No worries. Please understand I wasn't trying to be snarky about it. I just remember from the last forum that MANY people started getting frustrated by answering the same questions over and over when people weren't taking the time to do the research. Some of those same people might be carrying over here. Also, note to the wise, I have heard that VX recruiting does sometimes monitor these forums so let's all be kind, courteous and helpful!

Best of luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Any news...? :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

phatrina in Dallas, Texas said: Any news...? :(

Nope.
Still waiting...

Kyle

20 months ago

Same here. Nada.

Michaela in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

20 months ago

Nothing either :/

SteveinOrlando in Orlando, Florida

20 months ago

Same.. :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Dear. All
Let's wish to get some good news, perhaps phone interview soon.
Have a wonderful Saturday nite :)

happyrunner in California

20 months ago

phatrina in Dallas, Texas said: How many FA they're hiring @ this round?
Anybody knows?

Probably only about 35 I believe...

20 months ago

happyrunner in California said: Probably only about 35 I believe...

Only 35?
Well... I whis there was '0' after 5... :(

20 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: Only 35?
Well... I whis there was '0' after 5... :(

350 is much better than 35 :)

Hopefully we all hear some good news - phone interview & f2f invitation - this week.

Let's keep each other posted :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

phatrina in Dallas, Texas said: 350 is much better than 35 :)

Hopefully we all hear some good news - phone interview & f2f invitation - this week.

Of course! :-) Good luck everyone!

20 months ago

phatrina in Dallas, Texas said: 350 is much better than 35 :)

I wish we all hear good news this week.
Good luck everyone :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

19 months ago

www.flightattendantinterview.info/united-airline-interview/#comment-2

Thank you for this very helpful information. I knew most airlines hire you on the spot; this because it doesn't make sense to send you back home and then bringing you back to training center again. I have had that successful experience in the past. By before, I was younger in my twenties and willing to give some things up.
I knew something was going on with United. When they arranged my flight, they allowed for me a whole day before sending me back to home. It was because they needed a time frame in case I made it to next interviews which I did not.
Thanks for the questions, exactly ones they made me. I did not prepare to answer those questions and to answer any question at all.
I always think the best shot is to be yourself and honest. But it seems that being honest does not always like airlines recruiters, because you are supposed to say what recruiters like to hear. So it. To get in you need to:
To lie and answer to them that you will still want to become a flight attendant no matter all the crab you will face with passengers, low pay, working long hours, sleep deprivation, being on reserve for years and years to come, no holidays at home at all, (days off, don't even think about because are movable, you can count only with 4 non movable which means you are owner of yourself just 4 days a month), being alone and depressed in a hotel room 18 to 21 days a month, and on the edge to become an alcoholic or a sexual hyperactive individual, flying tired because they did not allow you enough time to sleep (which compromise safety) but they still expecting you to be alert on flight. All of that mentioned before for $1,700 a month plus $1.95 per diem.
Airlines always wants to make it more difficult and glamour’s of what really is, when you go to the process, you get the job and get in line and see with your own eyes what is all about; you realize is nothing was pictured at first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

They're hiring, aren't they? ... :(

Kyle

19 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: They're hiring, aren't they? ... :(

Last I knew. Maybe they are still reviewing applications?

19 months ago

I'm still waiting...
Any news?

Kyle

19 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: I'm still waiting...
Any news?

Still no news here.

Lucy love in Nashville, Tennessee

19 months ago

So, I was wondering, on another comment thread, it seems a couple of people were invited for an interview this weekend, but if there was one this weekend, how come more people didn't mention it, or is there just not that many people on the forum?

19 months ago

Lucy love in Nashville, Tennessee said: So, I was wondering, on another comment thread, it seems a couple of people were invited for an interview this weekend, but if there was one this weekend, how come more people didn't mention it, or is there just not that many people on the forum?

Same here.
Applied on the 16th no news so far.

19 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: Same here.
Applied on the 16th no news so far.

Yep, I applied that same day. I wonder if there really are interviews this weekend, if so, I hope they continue doing them and contacting more folks.

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

To update people who are waiting:

I was in a group interview on 2/1. It was held in Los Angeles. Apparently they are only interviewing the top 10% of the assessment scores, so roughly 150 people. Interviews were wrapped up this weekend and the process will move quickly. They are trying to hire roughly 40 inflight team members to staff their LAX base by the end of March.

19 months ago

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California said: To update people who are waiting:

I was in a group interview on 2/1. It was held in Los Angeles. Apparently they are only interviewing the top 10% of the assessment scores, so roughly 150 people. Interviews were wrapped up this weekend and the process will move quickly. They are trying to hire roughly 40 inflight team members to staff their LAX base by the end of March.

Thank you for the update.....So you're saying this past weekend was the one and only weekend of interviews and all 40 people will be selected from that group?

19 months ago

It looks like they are staffing up the LAX base in part due to their announcement yesterday that they will start four daily round-trips from LAX to SJC in May. Plus they recently started PHL and EWR service from LAX as well.

Good luck to everyone who was interviewed!

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

Lucy love in Nashville, Tennessee said: Thank you for the update.....So you're saying this past weekend was the one and only weekend of interviews and all 40 people will be selected from that group?

That is correct. They said that they were wrapping up interviews that weekend. They will notify the people who advance within the next couple of weeks, because they want training to start end of February!

19 months ago

FlyDreamer in Los Angeles, California said: That is correct. They said that they were wrapping up interviews that weekend. They will notify the people who advance within the next couple of weeks, because they want training to start end of February!

Well...
The waiting game is over, I guess... :(

19 months ago

Running in the Sky in YoDa from Star Wars said: Well...
The waiting game is over, I guess... :(

but how can we know for certain if we have yet to receive word back from the actual company? Call me naive, but I'm still keepin some hope alive...also flydreamer, don't airlines usually tell you right there on the spot if you got the job or not, at all the F2F's ive ever been to, they do...

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.