United Airlines Training Class 1311

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 57)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

To those who were offered to training (class 1311 - starts 5/6) please join so we can get to know each other before we even meet in person! can't wait to meet everyone! I'm counting down already! its gonna be a great experience! :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CC Cat in Daphne, Alabama

18 months ago

Hi! I'm here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moon in Rowland Heights, California

18 months ago

Hi classmates! Heard the training was fun. It'll be like going back to school for me. Really looking forward to it!

18 months ago

i really wanna know what training is like! like what do we learn, how the instructors are, and when is base assignments, and training flight!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I am so anxious about it all! I need to get to studying. What day did dr3amygirl and moon interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

NadiNad in Santa Clarita, California

18 months ago

Hi, I am also 1311 :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bigsmile in San Diego, California

18 months ago

Hi everyone.
I'm in 1311 too. I'm a J-speaker.
Am so excited and nervous at same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

CC Cat in Daphne, Alabama said: I am so anxious about it all! I need to get to studying. What day did dr3amygirl and moon interview?

I interviewed back in February, got invited to training on the spot, originally assigned me to class 1310, but I requested a switch because of family obligation in April, so they switched me to 1311!

18 months ago

Im chinese speaking, fluent in Cantonese and mandarin, what language does everyone speak?

Hopeful_FA in New York, New York

17 months ago

Hi, class 1311! I'm a German speaker who worked as an international FA for United more than a decade ago. So excited to fly again, now that my kids are more independent. Can't wait to meet you all in Texas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

I do not speak any other languages and I to interviewed back in February but I was at the end of the month. It seems like most of our class speaks another language so far. That's awesome! I am so excited to meet all of you.

17 months ago

CC Cat in Daphne, Alabama said: I am so anxious about it all! I need to get to studying. What day did dr3amygirl and moon interview?

Interviewed on Mar 8. I'm nervous about the training... there will be a lot to study in a short period of time. I wish we could have the material to study at home before we go. I bet the training will be a very memorable journey for all of us.

17 months ago

moon in Rowland Heights, California said: Interviewed on Mar 8. I'm nervous about the training... there will be a lot to study in a short period of time. I wish we could have the material to study at home before we go. I bet the training will be a very memorable journey for all of us.

Moon, training is very manageable, don't worry! The company has trained flight attendants successfully for decades. I'm one of them (see my comment above). Yes, you will have to study but just keep up with the daily assignment and you will be fine. Training is work, but also a lot of fun and you will make new friends. See you in May!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Hopeful_FA in New York, New York said: Moon, training is very manageable, don't worry! The company has trained flight attendants successfully for decades. I'm one of them (see my comment above). Yes, you will have to study but just keep up with the daily assignment and you will be fine. Training is work, but also a lot of fun and you will make new friends. See you in May!

we are already making friends here! :D
dunno if others wanna be base in EWR too, but to hopeful and moon - if we all base in EWR that'd be awesome! we can hang out! :D

17 months ago

how old is everybody? just curious... and wanna have an idea of how senior in the class i'll be lol

Paula

17 months ago

Okay

Well I Also lost my phone. Number or it might have been deleted

17 months ago

Hi Hopeful_FA in New York, thanks for your words! I heard from a newbie that several people didn't make it in her class, so it got me worried. And, different classes stay in different hotels.

dr3amygirl, you don't have to move! The newbie also told me that Mandarin speakers are all based in EWR by default regardless of our dream sheets. I think I'm much older than you. Like 阿姨, haha!

17 months ago

moon in Rowland Heights, California said: Hi Hopeful_FA in New York, thanks for your words! I heard from a newbie that several people didn't make it in her class, so it got me worried. And, different classes stay in different hotels.

dr3amygirl, you don't have to move! The newbie also told me that Mandarin speakers are all based in EWR by default regardless of our dream sheets. I think I'm much older than you. Like 阿姨, haha!

omg you got me really happy!!! cuz i have no intention to move... honestly if they don't put me in EWR, i don't plan to stay in training... but now im looking forward to it!! lol I work at pediatric and those kids call me 阿姨 too! :P

FallenJade in Lakewood, Washington

17 months ago

Hey there! I will be joining you in May :)
I am German and so excited to go to training!
Definitely gonna be very challenging for me *haha*
I am already horrified by the thought of how much luggage I will have to bring :p

17 months ago

welcome everyone!! omg its only a month away! can't wait to meet everyone! sooo excited that i can't focus on my current job anymore! :P

Luggage! ahhh!! i dunno... they said we are allowed 3 cheched bags in total but we are getting additional luggage when we fly back home! so im thinking to bring 2 big ones? since i don't think 1 is enough for a 1-month training... dunno about carry-on yet but i have a small carry-on size i might take with me... or should i not take it? i dont wanna be THAT girl who takes up all the space in that tiny hotel room...

ahh i wanna start packing now! :P

17 months ago

does anyone know how big our training class will be? and has anyone started studying/taken the pre-arrival test yet? i'm still studying! sooo many codes...

17 months ago

heard usually there are around 50 students in one class. i haven't started to study yet... i need to get my tax done then i'll study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Houstonflyer in Seguin, Texas

17 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: omg you got me really happy!!! cuz i have no intention to move... honestly if they don't put me in EWR, i don't plan to stay in training... but now im looking forward to it!! lol I work at pediatric and those kids call me 阿姨 too! :P

Rumor has it that there's a chance that you may be sent to a domestic base (not EWR) for at least a while as the 787 is still grounded and the company has already hired enough Mandarin
speakers to cover the current schedule. I also hear that German speakers are going to Newark and Japanese speakers are going to Houston.

17 months ago

Houstonflyer in Seguin, Texas said: Rumor has it that there's a chance that you may be sent to a domestic base (not EWR) for at least a while as the 787 is still grounded and the company has already hired enough Mandarin
speakers to cover the current schedule. I also hear that German speakers are going to Newark and Japanese speakers are going to Houston.

Wow, thanks for the "rumor"! I'm willing to go anywhere, but it's good to know it may be a surprise for me. I hope dr3amygirl got to be based in EWR, and they can send me to any domestic base.

17 months ago

Houstonflyer in Seguin, Texas said: Rumor has it that there's a chance that you may be sent to a domestic base (not EWR) for at least a while as the 787 is still grounded and the company has already hired enough Mandarin

Aww... Now I'm a little worried... But whatever! I'll enjoy the first few weeks before base assignment and worry about that later... Hope the 787 is flying again when we graduate! I really wanna fly in one of those! Heard its awesome!

17 months ago

moon in Rowland Heights, California said: heard usually there are around 50 students in one class. i haven't started to study yet... i need to get my tax done then i'll study.

I finished the pre-arrival exam already, just asked about some really common airport codes. And code of conducts and vocabs. Passed on my first try. But I guess it's good to study other codes too... I've been slacking lol need to study a bit before going into training! Some are really hard to remember lol I hope they really not testing us again... Cuz I seriously might fail... Lol

I received an email from Jane regarding documents due but it turns out she sent it by error cuz there were two people with my last name in the class! Lol

17 months ago

i just took the pre-arrival test..it was really easy, i think i was studying and worrying about it too much. i thought it was gonna test us on like every code! it says on the study guide we won't be tested again on codes or terminology, so i hope that's true!

oh, another question... the crewmember visa requirement checklist..does that need to be done for US passport holders?

FallenJade in Lakewood, Washington

17 months ago

NadiNad in Santa Clarita, California said: i just took the pre-arrival test..it was really easy, i think i was studying and worrying about it too much. i thought it was gonna test us on like every code! it says on the study guide we won't be tested again on codes or terminology, so i hope that's true!

oh, another question... the crewmember visa requirement checklist..does that need to be done for US passport holders?

Needs to be done before training for all new crew members regardless. I was told, that you dont have to have the visa already, but know where you will need one.

17 months ago

FallenJade in Lakewood, Washington said: Needs to be done before training for all new crew members regardless. I was told, that you dont have to have the visa already, but know where you will need one.

i thought its only for foreign passport holders, US passports holders don't have to do it... i think? omg I need reassurance now... I was gonna do it cuz I hold both US and Hong Kong passports, but then i realized the name on my HK passport is different so don't think I can use it for work.

17 months ago

yeah, that's why i was confused because it said foreign passport holders. i have 2 passports as well. i will call united and ask, then post back :)

FallenJade in Kent, Washington

17 months ago

Oh, I dont know then, I want to travel with my European passport....

I mailed out my documents earlier today, and the post officer got me all worried now, after he took away my envelope, that they wont make it in time: :-s
I am tempted to fill it all out again and send it over night with FedEx!
Usually priority mail arrives within 2 to 3 business days and is supposed to be there by Saturday. Then he started saying, but theres no guarantee, thats why you could have upgraded... hate the doubting feeling now and will be checking my tracking number constantly :-o

Uranus_rei in New York, New York

17 months ago

Hello, all!

How are you??? I also attend this class!

Is their initial training website working right now?

17 months ago

Uranus_rei in New York, New York said: Hello, all!

How are you??? I also attend this class!

Is their initial training website working right now?

Hi! i dont think its working right now. All the links are broken links...
Are you a speaker? when did you interview? tell us a little about yourself! :D

17 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi! i dont think its working right now. All the links are broken links...
Are you a speaker? when did you interview? tell us a little about yourself! :D

Hello, dr3amygirl!!! Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

I am a Jp speaker, and I had an interview only 5 days ago!
I just sent all the pre-training documents yesterday!
You live in Brooklyn? I live in Manhattan! :)

17 months ago

Uranus_rei in New York, New York said: Hello, dr3amygirl!!! Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

I am a Jp speaker, and I had an interview only 5 days ago!
I just sent all the pre-training documents yesterday!
You live in Brooklyn? I live in Manhattan! :)

You're welcome! I just happened to be around when you post lol

17 months ago

Hi Uranus_rei-

Another Manhattanite here ...can't wait for class 1311!

17 months ago

Hopeful_FA in New York, New York said: Hi Uranus_rei-

Another Manhattanite here ...can't wait for class 1311!

Hi, Hopeful_FA! ;)

How are you? Yes, the class will start soon!
It's going to be great to see you all in the class!

I'd just hope this website begins to work soon! :)

17 months ago

Uranus_rei in New York, New York said: Hi, Hopeful_FA! ;)

How are you? Yes, the class will start soon!
It's going to be great to see you all in the class!

I'd just hope this website begins to work soon! :)

I meant their website! :D

flyawayhome in Kaysville, Utah

17 months ago

bigsmile in San Diego, California said: Hi everyone.
I'm in 1311 too. I'm a J-speaker.
Am so excited and nervous at same time.

Hey there J-Speaker! Congrats! I'm heading down for f2f next week. Are you a native speaker? What was the language test like?

bigsmile in San Diego, California

17 months ago

flyawayhome in Kaysville, Utah said: Hey there J-Speaker! Congrats! I'm heading down for f2f next week. Are you a native speaker? What was the language test like?

Hi, flyawayhome. Yes I am native in Japanese. I don't know if it's appropriate to talk about what we did at an interview.(cause I am still a candidate,meaning I am not officially employed yet.) But if you are native there is nothing to worry about. You'll be just fine.
Good luck!! Smile Smile Smile!!!

17 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: I just got my flight info and hotel! we are gonna be staying at Hilton North Houston! its like 15 minutes from IAH. Kinda disappointed we are not staying at the airport marriott... lol will be flying out from LGA and get to IAH around 1:16PM, anyone from NY flying the same flight? omgg getting excited!!

Hilton's bedding is so comfortable that I wanted to purchase!

Houstonflyer in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

Please pardon my unsolicited advise but you may want to think twice regarding posting the name and location of your training hotel. There are lots of crazies out there and you risk compromising your safety and the safety of your classmates by disclosing this information publicly. Keep in mind that United imposes a strict employee social media policy and I would strongly recommend that you use good judgement in the information you post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

keliuotis

17 months ago

Hopeful_FA in New York, New York said: Hi, class 1311! I'm a German speaker who worked as an international FA for United more than a decade ago. So excited to fly again, now that my kids are more independent. Can't wait to meet you all in Texas!

hi there...i am interviewing next week as a german speaker and hope i get hired. I lived and worked in germany for 3 years...Can you tell me anything about the german test? was it a combination of oral and written? did you find it difficult?

anything you could tell me would be great!

keliuotis

17 months ago

flyawayhome in Kaysville, Utah said: Hey there J-Speaker! Congrats! I'm heading down for f2f next week. Are you a native speaker? What was the language test like?

ill be there next week too...im a german speaker

17 months ago

keliuotis said: hi there...i am interviewing next week as a german speaker and hope i get hired. I lived and worked in germany for 3 years...Can you tell me anything about the german test? was it a combination of oral and written? did you find it difficult?

anything you could tell me would be great!

Hi-

The test was an oral exam only. It consisted of reading several passages and answering questions over the phone. As a native speaker it was easy for me. In my opinion, it would be hard for non-native speakers to get a perfect score unless they are completely fluent. But remember, I don't know what an acceptable score is when it comes to the airline's needs. Good luck!

16 months ago

dr3amygirl in Brooklyn, New York said: welcome everyone!! omg its only a month away! can't wait to meet everyone! sooo excited that i can't focus on my current job anymore! :P

Luggage! ahhh!! i dunno... they said we are allowed 3 cheched bags in total but we are getting additional luggage when we fly back home! so im thinking to bring 2 big ones? since i don't think 1 is enough for a 1-month training... dunno about carry-on yet but i have a small carry-on size i might take with me... or should i not take it? i dont wanna be THAT girl who takes up all the space in that tiny hotel room...

ahh i wanna start packing now! :P

The good news is that you don't have tp "be THAT girl"... I found out that there will be washers/dryers available for us on every floor. I called our hotel to confirm. So I'm taking one week's worth of clothes- easy! See you very, very soon. So excited!

16 months ago

Hopeful_FA in New York, New York said: The good news is that you don't have tp "be THAT girl"... I found out that there will be washers/dryers available for us on every floor. I called our hotel to confirm. So I'm taking one week's worth of clothes- easy! See you very, very soon. So excited!

Ohh nice! Thanks for the info!! Have you guys packed yet? I'm trying to take some summer clothings with me since it's already 70's or 80's there! Omg see you all in 10 days!

Neko_in_Japan in Austin, Texas

16 months ago

Hello All!

I am a native Japanese speaker who is attending class# 1311!
Super excited but super anxious!!

FYI- Texas weather is weird.
I live in Austin, TX ( 3 hours away from Houston)and it was super hot yesterday and I was swimming and today I'm wearing sweater - it is a bit chilly.
Usually getting super hot in May in Houston but you should bring light jacket or sweaters just in case =)

16 months ago

i love austin! went to the hamilton pool last thanksgiving and loved it! :D

theres a mall right across hotel! we can go watch a movie or eat sometimes! :P

btw, do we really need to bring detergent? i really don't wanna carry them all the way from new york... i would think that the hotel sells it...

newyorkcity in New York, New York

16 months ago

Hi! So glad to have stumbled upon this forum! I am also going to be in class 1311, also from manhattan. I will be flying out sunday and can't wait to meet you all!! As far as detergent, I'm sure you can buy it there, the thing is, i'm not sure how much free time we will actually have to do any shopping or anything like that, if any at all. So I would probably suggest bringing everything you plan on needing for the month, I am also bringing some food, vitamin waters, things like that.. can't wait to begin training and meet everyone!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.