Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 88)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

How did you get your start doing floral designer work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie Bryant

93 months ago

I started my career as a designer when I fell in love with a tiny perfect rose bud and I knew thats all I wanted to do.
So I went to design school and my first job was with a florist on a tropical Island, she taught the tricks of the trade,now I sell my work to famous people my last job was over 10,000

I love to use driftwood and unusal flowers and I love the WOW factor when people see my work.

My best tip to give anyone is do not let someone put your designs in a box.
Go out there and freely design and use the natural lines of nature, study tees sunsets oceans and beaches mountains valleys and gardens look at the lines of nature all the stuff God makes and follow these lines and your work will be beatiful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Ellicott City, Maryland

92 months ago

Vonnie, can I work with you for training? (joke).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sattva in Coquitlam, British Columbia

90 months ago

Wow, Vonnie, I admire you so much and I wish I could study form you.
What do you think about Japanese Ikebana?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie Bryant

90 months ago

Thank you so much...I think Ikeban is a presise
way to design and each desing shares a message if you know how to read its meaning.
Ikeban is one of the first forms of floral design and a true art form.
It takes many years to master. But so worth the study.

I hope this helps Vonnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie Bryant

90 months ago

Sue said: Vonnie, can I work with you for training? (joke).
I only free lance but I will freely give advice

Thank you Vonnie

Vonnie Bryant

90 months ago

I stongly suggest to you to first get shop experince even if you work for peanuts at the very least 6 months their are so many things to learn in a flowers shop . For exsample cutting the fresh flowers properly especially roses and hygranga.
Keeping the buckets sanitary.The best way is experince even how to deliver your works of art! Most classes do not show proper method.
So if you are going to have a vending business that great why cant you work out of your home? Save all the expense of shop keeping! If this is not possible perhaps you can share space with anopther business,and pay a small rent. I have had stores offer me space for a fraction of what a shop would cost.
After you get your experince start looking for a knock around shop that has been in business for more than 5 years and as the shop owner to hold the note while you make payments have an attorney advice you on this matter so no one takes advantage of you. I hope this helps Vonnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

sattva in Vancouver, British Columbia

90 months ago

Sue said: Vonnie, can I work with you for training? (joke).

Hi, Vonnie,
I am so happy you replied my question. I have no any experience in floral industry, but I do like Ikebana, since there is some kind of similar feeling when I see a great work.
I am Chinese, so I can understand oriental arts easily. After I immigrated to Canada, I wish I can start a new carrer in floral industry, but I keep worrying operating a floral shop is a totally different thing.
I am working for a local wholesale florist to product Easter's bouquets these days. Instead of being happy with flowers, I felt very sad since I really hate making a bouquet that way. I can't choose precise words to express myself (My English is lousy)- they product bouquets so ugly and so quickly- just like a cook having eaten too much bad foods, then lose his taste.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie Bryant

90 months ago

Hello Sue,
Yes, I would be very unhappy mass producing floral arrangments too! The funny little ones you see in the produce Department at the local grocery store.
You sound like a wild bird that is caged.
Its time for you to fly...the reason you feel sad is because the artist in you needs to express herself!
Are you in college now? I do know that Disney is searching for an apprentise to teach event designs to,The Disney World in Orlando is searching and has been for a long time looking for the right canidate.
If you do not want to move or this over whelms you,start looking into Floral Design shows and enter your work. Go and make a move that has employment until you get yournew start, and feel free to ask me how to design what ever comes up that puzzels you.
Please persue your desire to learn Ikebana this is a true art form and I can see you are really a person that can express your self in this direction! Good luck to you your frustration is because you are growing and need more.
Take care.... Vonnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sattva in Vancouver, British Columbia

90 months ago

Vonnie Bryant said: Hello Sue,
Yes, I would be very unhappy mass producing floral arrangments too! The funny little ones you see in the produce Department at the local grocery store.
You sound like a wild bird that is caged.
Its time for you to fly...the reason you feel sad is because the artist in you needs to express herself!
Are you in college now? I do know that Disney is searching for an apprentise to teach event designs to,The Disney World in Orlando is searching and has been for a long time looking for the right canidate.
If you do not want to move or this over whelms you,start looking into Floral Design shows and enter your work. Go and make a move that has employment until you get yournew start, and feel free to ask me how to design what ever comes up that puzzels you.
Please persue your desire to learn Ikebana this is a true art form and I can see you are really a person that can express your self in this direction! Good luck to you your frustration is because you are growing and need more.
Take care.... Vonnie

Hi, thank you for giving me courage, as well as your good advice. I just immigrated to canada last year,so I can't go to USA to study. and i will be in college for 8 months from this september to study floristry at a local college.

I hope I'll have the oppotunity to study from you at my job in the future.
you are a warmhearted friend, and your insight into flower really impressed me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie Bryant

90 months ago

You are so very welcomed Sue. If at any time you need advice feel free to email...I know your future is very bright!
Vonnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rashida in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

I am interested in getting in the floral design business and I would like to know if you can recommend the best place to buy a used florist cooler.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vonnie Bryant

89 months ago

Well you are on your way indeed! I suggest placing a portfolio with all your resent work and send this to the Best Florist in Canada London,and Germany I am so sure you will have response quicky. Do not be offened if they ask you to be an apprentice all shops have their own way of artistic expression and signature look. Go with the flow.

Good Luck to you you sound wonderful!

Vonnie Bryant

89 months ago

Rashida in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am interested in getting in the floral design business and I would like to know if you can recommend the best place to buy a used florist cooler.

Yes I would suggest opening your phone book into refidgeration section, most cities have a section of coolers and refridgeration , walk ins and show cases that are used.
Be sure you go through a reputable company with a history. You may pay a little more up front from this type of business go ahead and ask for a warranty.
You really dont want to loose a cooler full of floral designs and freash cuts trying to save a few dollars.
I hope this helps

Vonnie

Vonnie Bryant

89 months ago

Hi Edwin, you have plenty of time to get a proper portfolio in order. What I would do is make sure you angel your camera to show the the large and showy pieces such as topiaries and arbors stand beside each piece so you can show your ownership and size. For exsample I would go for the best shops such as Harrods in England you can get their address out of your Floral tele wire services: as you know and then send your resume with a personal handwritten letter also ask your brides for their comments and get loads of pictures for back up.
I hope this helps you...I would start sending them six months in advance with a follow up phone call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Adelaide, Australia

85 months ago

edwin reyes,dubai,uae in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: Hi!there i started my carreer through my mother she's a well being designer of bridal bouquet,buttonhole,wedding entourage,from different varities of fresh cut flowers.i play as a partner,helper of my mom as a keen observer she molds me as a floral designer same like her,i am very grateful to her ability that i acquire from her.as of now i'm here in dubai for 2 years as a florists in some of the five star hotels like fairmont dubai,al morooj rotana,courtyard marriott hotel,where i am just recently assigned.i could rate excellent for myself through my creativity,and passion at work,patience,discipline,in order to create an elegantly unique,and uniquely elegant designs and concept.i grew up in this business for more than a decade i am looking forward to find a job in canada or somewhere in europe to live and settle for good.hope you couled help me on this matter. god bless!

Hi edwin, I would like to ask you if it is alright what expected salary as a florist should you get in Dubai,I am a fully qualified florist of nineteen years and have worked in a 5 star hotel environment.
Thanks

85 months ago

Hello Edwin,
Thanks for replying.I have worked in 5 star hotels as there florist in London and in australia,so can you give me a ball park figure as to what I should expect regards salary???

Regards Australian florists anyone who is qualified can get work,my suggestion is to check out a few websites you like and send them an email stating your interest and your c.v.If you really lay it on thick that you have worked internationally and have worked in a 5 star hotel environment it would be extremely favourable for you. Money wise you are looking around $16-$18 aussie dollars an hour.
How do you like living in Dubai?
What nationallity are you?
Thanks,
Tamara

Pennae

85 months ago

Hi, My sister and I are planning on opening a flower shop next year and know there is a great magazine through teleflora called Floral Finance. We are not yet Teleflora memebers and do not have an ID number. We are looking for the June 2007 issue called the 2007 Survey Report. We are doing research and know this publication can answer many of of questions. Is there anyone out there that has a copy of this and can forward it to us or knows how we can obtain this information. Any information will help ,thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Corrine in Mission Viejo, CA

84 months ago

Hi Vonnie,
How would someone get started with floral design or even work in a florist shop? I am changing careers and getting out of marketing. I've always done my own designs for my home because I LOVE flowers and plants, and so many people would ask where I had my flowers arranged. I never thought much of it until now. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Bergen, Norway

83 months ago

It's so great to read about florists from all over the world, your plans and your dreams. I'm a professional floral designer educated in Norway and I spent three months of my apprenticeship in Munich, Germany. I can't wait to continue my work internationally, I'm actually going to US in march, my dream is to contribute with my knowledge in an American flower shop, but US immigration laws is quite tough, and me wanting to stay for no more than a year seems like a bad deal. BUT, I'll figure it out:o) Any tip for me anyone?? :o) I have one question for you Vonnie: You talk about you selling your designs to rich people, how did you get to be where you are today?

Best regards and good luck to everyone
Sandra from Norway

Sandra in Bergen, Norway

83 months ago

By the way... Check out my site for a piece og Europe
www.lychefloraldesign.piczo.com

Sandra in Bergen, Norway

83 months ago

Hello Winston!
I'm just fine, thanks. How are you? Thank you so much for your compliments about my site, means alot to me:o) I'll be adding pictures frequently, it's been alot lately, but when I have time it will be updated:o) It sounds like an incredible experience working in Dubai! I'm just going to USA for a short period of time, and my oppourtunites to land a good florist job there is rather small because of the immigration laws. Anyway, time will show where I'll end up...
I can't come up with any good school that's offering distance learning here and now, but I'll see if I can figure it out.
Good luck to you in your new job and with your plans!
:o)

Dawn

82 months ago

Hello fellow flower lovers! My name is Dawn & I live in Ct.
USA probly the most expensive state to live in! I have a small
gardening business that i've been running for about 7 years.
As part of the business I've done many pot designs and volunterely put together beautiful floral designs for my clients. I also do requests @Christmas time for friends.
I always run into the same rut every year. When my season ends
up here in the North East section of the USA, I find myself looking for work.I'd really like to help out the florists in
the area but they want qualified floral designers.
With the experience I already have what would be the best knowledge to aquire. I already have the basics.

Cyndi in Cleveland, Ohio

82 months ago

I worked in a craft store for years designing silk floral arrangements. I mean I have YEARS of retail experience. I left that job to expand into the fresh floral area. It was probably the worst mistake I have ever made. I earned a certificate from a well-know design school in the area last March, and have yet to find a job anywhere! I have sent out literally hundreds of resumes! I've tried everywhere, shops, supermarkets, greenhouses, garden centers,etc...........nothing.
Besides going into business for yourself, can anyone tell me how they managed to find a job?

Vonnie B

82 months ago

Silk design is very different than fresh design. I have to admit that large retail stores do not require as much artistic expression as fresh floral shops. Most shops that are fresh retail stores have a prestige and pride in their fresh designs and almost have an unwritten law which states that large retail giants cannot hold a candel to fresh floral designs,that is what keeps the smaller stores going. Please learn fresh floral design or try to get into a silk only shop

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cyndi in Cleveland, Ohio

82 months ago

Vonnie B said: Silk design is very different than fresh design. I have to admit that large retail stores do not require as much artistic expression as fresh floral shops. Most shops that are fresh retail stores have a prestige and pride in their fresh designs and almost have an unwritten law which states that large retail giants cannot hold a candel to fresh floral designs,that is what keeps the smaller stores going. Please learn fresh floral design or try to get into a silk only shop

Hi Vonnie, thanks for your reply.
I have acquired fresh floral experience. I attended a prestigious floral design school in my area and recieved a certificate. The owner of the design school used to come in and buy my designs for his own shop! The problem is trying to get one of the smaller shops to give you a chance. Most seem to think as you do, that silk design is somehow "second best" to fresh design. Silk design can be just as creative and impressive as fresh, in my opinion and I have a portfolio that shows that. The stores that I have worked at expected results and if your design weren't selling, trust me, you were out the door. There were no set designs you had to make, everything had to be an original idea. We designed for many hotels, offices and businesses where fresh floral would not have been practical. I have done weddings and funerals entirely with silk.
The design aspects are the same, it seems only the mechanics differed greatly.
The last shop I visited said the problem was the area I live in. Two major floral wholesalers have pulled out of the area. A very bad sign! I imagine people choose not to spend money on fresh flowers when things are tight and they can pick up some at their local supermarket for much less.
Seems I have picked up some kind of stigma for this however, your comment seems to be the norm. I really did want to expand into fresh design, but seem to have been branded "less" because of my silk design experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Waterbury, Connecticut

82 months ago

Silk designs last forever though! Dryed flowers too! Fresh is soft,bold in color
& fragrant. I recently made the boquets
for a friends wedding recently. After shopping around @many local florists. They were asking an arm & a leg for the simplest designs. I made 4 beautiful,
fresh flower simple boquets for aprox.
$50 versus $300.
So, I guess it is better to work from
home if you can make that kind of money!

Vonnie B

82 months ago

Okay them you really did your homework;how about this idea,dupilcation of the brides fresh bouquest into silk. This is a new trend and I think that it may take off. Someone with your talents might be able to cash in. Make sure you have plenty of pictures of the fresh bouquet, then duplicate it into silk.

Good luck. You may have to become an appentice in a small shop and then when they see you are able to create fresh you will have a job.

Dawn

81 months ago

Vonnie B said: Okay them you really did your homework;how about this idea,dupilcation of the brides fresh bouquest into silk. This is a new trend and I think that it may take off. Someone with your talents might be able to cash in. Make sure you have plenty of pictures of the fresh bouquet, then duplicate it into silk.

Good luck. You may have to become an appentice in a small shop and then when they see you are able to create fresh you will have a job.

Thank-you Vonnie for your reply & thank-you for the commplement!
I want to start off as an apprentice but its just finding someone who'll give you a chance! I'd like to enhance my knowledge & have applied to a few floral designer ads & sent a resume' & called.They don't say why they don't want to hire me & I am serious, I feel like I'd be an asset as I am very ambitious!! Thanks for the extra umph!
I won't give up!

kelley

80 months ago

edwin reyes,dubai,uae in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: hi!what's up vonnie?thanks for the positive reply i had a question,how will i be able to send my portfolio like the pictures of all my designs and creation i need your advice i hope if i will finished my three years contract here in dubai i want to move on to canada,new york,uk,if god will allow me i may sound desperate but i know there's no harm and trying. thanks! God bless!

hi ...i am currently interested in doing floral design in dubai. 30 year experience. currently own my own business. i am fairly successfull, just need to go to the next level and its not here in detroit mi. any suggestions?

Vonnie B

80 months ago

Hello Edwin,wish I could help you, the only thing I could suggest is you to try to hook up with Sandels resorts ,the best designer I know of Preston Baily is established and his work is wonderful. Why not try?

Hope this helps

Vonnie B

kelley

80 months ago

Maggie in Bombay, India said: Hello everyone,Im so glad i discovered this forum site about floral topic,im also a florist but resigned.I worked in Macau ive got 5 years experience working in 2 shop .now im currently living in india i got married here.Its almost a year i aint working i miss my job ,i aint have any diploma or certificate but learned in experience my boss was a highly qualified teacher in floristry all over the world and i definitely learn from her .I would like to know the Flower market in dubai coz me and my hubby have a plan to move there soon ,i wanted to have a small flowershop but i dunno if it will be easy .or maybe its better to start working in a hotel and get more experience while im trying to learn the market there any suggestion? anyone pls .thanks

i am kelley jones in detroit...let me know when u are coming to the states and where u will be...like to meet like minds in creativity.

kelley

80 months ago

Maggie in Bombay, India said: Hello everyone,Im so glad i discovered this forum site about floral topic,im also a florist but resigned.I worked in Macau ive got 5 years experience working in 2 shop .now im currently living in india i got married here.Its almost a year i aint working i miss my job ,i aint have any diploma or certificate but learned in experience my boss was a highly qualified teacher in floristry all over the world and i definitely learn from her .I would like to know the Flower market in dubai coz me and my hubby have a plan to move there soon ,i wanted to have a small flowershop but i dunno if it will be easy .or maybe its better to start working in a hotel and get more experience while im trying to learn the market there any suggestion? anyone pls .thanks

i am in detroit mi usa...i am proud of you for willing to spread your artistic wings...go get them tiger!!!!

80 months ago

I'm tamara's husband whats yours doing there, I'm in the drywall industry looking for supervisor work. any leads.
thanks

Julia in Hadera, Israel

80 months ago

Hello everyone , I'm Julia and I'm a florist.
I live in Israel and recently I've decided to relocate to Australia .
I have 3 years of experience working in shops, wedding designs and teaching , i have International Diploma society of floristry from England.
I was wondering if i would be able to find a job and what are the places to look for it?

thanks!

80 months ago

Hi Julie,

I think the best way for you is to look at some web sites of some florists. That way you can tell what type of style they do and if it is somewhere you would like to work.The good thing for you is Australian florists love oversees experience especially that you got your certificate in London. Australia is a massive place so you have to pinpoint where you want to live first and then concentrate on the florists in that area. Obviously main cities are easier as there are so many florists.
Tamara

80 months ago

winston in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: Hello Sandra!
How are you? I've seen your site! Its so cool! Very creative/ imaginative ideas. Will you be adding more of your beautiful and unique arrangements? I will be looking forward about it!
By the way Im Winston, from the Philippies. Im working in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I was working in a primium supermarket here for 5 years but just recently i resigned. Im now in my new job in a well known resort hotel here Dubai as a florist. Its so nice to be working in a hotel flower shop. Its something new for me! Im planning to go to USA too. My mom is there. And I hope I will land a good florist job there. Since I dont have diploma in Floristry, I'm planning to enroll on distance learning. Do you have any suggestions of a good school in floristry that is offering distance learning? and not so expensive one?
thanks! c",)

Hi winston,
Which hotel are you currently working in? As I am about to move to Dubai and are in negotiations at present with a hotel? I would love to get your feedback on the environment etc you are experiencing there.
Thanks Tamara

tina bee in Oita, Japan

80 months ago

Hi Tamara,
I was born in Adelaide but havent lived there for a while and will be returning in a couple of months. I have been studying ikebana for a couple of years in Japan and am interested in getting a job in a florist to continue my study. Do you know which florists are well regarded in Adelaide? Any names would be great, I will research their styles on the web.
Thanks in advance :)
Tina

80 months ago

Hi Tina,

You can try (Adelaide flower house)(Laavish flower studio)( Holly alexander flowers)I would say they are the only florists of real character and interest here in adelaide.

Gaetan Lauzon (canadian living in Italy) in Savona, Italy

79 months ago

edwin reyes,dubai,uae in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: Hi!there i started my carreer through my mother she's a well being designer of bridal bouquet,buttonhole,wedding entourage,from different varities of fresh cut flowers.i play as a partner,helper of my mom as a keen observer she molds me as a floral designer same like her,i am very grateful to her ability that i acquire from her.as of now i'm here in dubai for 2 years as a florists in some of the five star hotels like fairmont dubai,al morooj rotana,courtyard marriott hotel,where i am just recently assigned.i could rate excellent for myself through my creativity,and passion at work,patience,discipline,in order to create an elegantly unique,and uniquely elegant designs and concept.i grew up in this business for more than a decade i am looking forward to find a job in canada or somewhere in europe to live and settle for good.hope you couled help me on this matter. god bless!

Hi Edwin,

I just read you comment. I'm a canadian living in Sanremo Italy. I've working for floral designers here on the italian riviera. We decorate hotels, yachts, private villas .... in Italy and on the French Riviera (Nice, Monaco, St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. I would love to work in Dubai and i see that you would like to come here in Europe. How about trading places for a while? Talk to you soon,

Gaetna

AIofFA in Atlanta (Metro), Georgia

78 months ago

WAY over 30 years in the floral design industry here, silk and fresh-cut.
Apprenticed the first year, learned all I could and developed my own business, focusing on commercial interests (office buildings, etc). Did that for YEARS and I now teach others. Also landed a gig with a HUGE importer teaching their designers, merchandising, etc.
It's a BLAST! Still loving it after all this time.

kelley

78 months ago

AIofFA in Atlanta (Metro), Georgia said: WAY over 30 years in the floral design industry here, silk and fresh-cut.
Apprenticed the first year, learned all I could and developed my own business, focusing on commercial interests (office buildings, etc). Did that for YEARS and I now teach others. Also landed a gig with a HUGE importer teaching their designers, merchandising, etc.
It's a BLAST! Still loving it after all this time.

WOW...THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME...SECOND GENERATION FLORIST...42YRS OLD...X-MARINE/FOOD SERVICE,(NOW CATERERS BEST FRIEND)...WORKED FOR A FLORAL IMPORTER...NOW CONCENTRATE OF CORPORATE EVENTS AND WEDDINGS...NOW I AM ALSO TEACHING OTHERS FLORAL DESIGN WITH THE SPIRIT OF GRACE..SPECIALIZING IN TABLE SETTINGS....LOVING IT FOR SURE...KELLEY JONES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

delphiastar in Lincoln, Nebraska

77 months ago

Sara in Leavenworth, Kansas said: I have a certificate in Floral Design and I am working on getting my business plan together. I have a ton of questions. I have no in-shop experience, only what I have arranged here at home or for friends. Is it difficult to get a loan with little to no in shop experience. (now that i see that in writing it sounds a little silly) I want experience but is my certificate something a shop owner will think highly of? Is there any advise you could give me. Ive been thinking that if I didnt get in-shop experience I could start my business from home and have some floral vending machines at local hospitols. What is the best thing for me to do to get a Florist job? a portfolio, study more, something else?

Sara in Kansas, I would love to talk to you and give you some suggestions, I also have 2 coolers that are for sale if interested. If you would like you can e mail me @ delphiastar@yahoo.com

Richard in Dallas, Georgia

77 months ago

kelley said: WOW...THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME...SECOND GENERATION FLORIST...42YRS OLD...X-MARINE/FOOD SERVICE,(NOW CATERERS BEST FRIEND)...WORKED FOR A FLORAL IMPORTER...NOW CONCENTRATE OF CORPORATE EVENTS AND WEDDINGS...NOW I AM ALSO TEACHING OTHERS FLORAL DESIGN WITH THE SPIRIT OF GRACE..SPECIALIZING IN TABLE SETTINGS....LOVING IT FOR SURE...KELLEY JONES

"X-Marine"??? I've got something else for you then. I've been working a project to benefit Vets and the site should launch soon. When I get there, I'll drop you a note about it.

kelley

77 months ago

wow!!!that sounds great. i would like to take a look at it. sounds like something that i would be interested in. thank you

calmoceaneyes in Grand Prairie, Texas

76 months ago

Let me start out by saying that I am looking for Advice from Experienced Florists. I am looking for opinions please.

We are looking into starting a Floral Delivery Service for a 'Huge National Cemetery'. We feel No-one should be Forgotten. This has stemmed from not having a florist nearby when we go for family, for those not physically able to go, for those out of state along with a number of other reasons especially since there is not many services that will deliver there. We would provide a service only for this national cemetery that would offer specific floral bouquets for gravesite that actually fit in the cones provided without falling over. (from a Florist in our area) We would give back a percentage to the cemetery and provide a digital picture afterward. We will hand deliver this to the actual Veteran's gravesite. I am a Veteran and so is my wife's father who is currently in this cemetery.

We are looking for replies from anyone who wants to give their serious honest opinion on this. Please let us know thoughts and if you would like or use something like this?

76 months ago

If you'd like, I would be happy to share all the nuances with you. I might even be able to help you with it from a distance.
It's a noble cause and I've done it myself, but it can be quite profitable and well worth your while too.
Please email me privately and I'll be able to share MUCH more information. You might be very surprised. If not, I wish you much luck in your endeavor.
My Private email: AIofFA@yahoo.com

76 months ago

Kelly:

I haven't been ignoring your last message. I'm working on the other site and I should be able to take it live at a Memorial Day Launch for the site.
I'll keep you posted.
Richard

Carrie in Grand Prairie, Texas

76 months ago

Richard in Dallas, Georgia said: If you'd like, I would be happy to share all the nuances with you. I might even be able to help you with it from a distance.
It's a noble cause and I've done it myself, but it can be quite profitable and well worth your while too.
Please email me privately and I'll be able to share MUCH more information. You might be very surprised. If not, I wish you much luck in your endeavor.
My Private email: AIofFA@yahoo.com

Hi Richard:
Thanks alot for your reply! I just sent you an email, look forward to hearing from you.

patricia in Grays, United Kingdom

75 months ago

So interesting all of this .. someone advise me please. I am a 53 year old woman but quite modern in approach (50 is the new 30!) I am a qualified florist with City & Guilds Level 2 Floristry for which I gained a distinction. My son is 19 and about to go to Uni in Sept and as I am a single mum, would like to spread my wings and work abroad preferrably in Italy or Spain in a Hotel or suchlike. I have no idea how to go about it and note that some of your goodselves have worked in Italy doing eventy and wedding floristry. I would love to have this opportunity. All comments very gratefully received.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.