joining a broker as a new agent

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

jim in Beacon, New York

35 months ago

i am looking at a established broker co. that has a commision structure of 7% comm. on freight using there carriers and 50/50 using an approved by them outside carrier. so on a load for $2,000 it would be $140.00 and then half goes to the broker..! and any commision up to 400.oo is split for back of house fees. also there is a 250.00 start up fee paid to them.. what do you think about this? need so guidence please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

leakaye in Alabaster, Alabama

35 months ago

jim in Beacon, New York said: i am looking at a established broker co. that has a commision structure of 7% comm. on freight using there carriers and 50/50 using an approved by them outside carrier. so on a load for $2,000 it would be $140.00 and then half goes to the broker..! and any commision up to 400.oo is split for back of house fees. also there is a 250.00 start up fee paid to them.. what do you think about this? need so guidence please.

Did you join him?
Have you had any luck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jim in New York, New York

35 months ago

no i did not .. still looking for a strong co. that wants to support there freight agents as much as possible

leakaye in Alabaster, Alabama

35 months ago

jim in New York, New York said: no i did not .. still looking for a strong co. that wants to support there freight agents as much as possible

I may have talked to the same guy. Any reason you were not comfortable with his setup? It just seems to be one of the most fair with lots of support. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Thanks for responding.

CLLLC in Manchester, Iowa

34 months ago

Jim & leakaye

Feel free to contact me at cti @ iowatelecom . net. We are looking to expand our brokerage operation by adding agents. We would provide excellent back office support, could do better on the commision split, and there would be no up front fees.

Thanks
BC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cathryn in Warner Robins, Georgia

34 months ago

I have been searching for an agent position. Unfortunately, I keep coming across only companies that want experience. I am a dedicated administrative employee that has been with the same company for a decade now. Unfortunately, it is in the construction field.

My husband is an OTR Driver and would like to change careers that will allow me to work from home and be in a similar field as him.

If anyone knows of any companies that are hiring or know of how I can better qualify myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Cathryn

xanadu in Bowie, Maryland

32 months ago

Cathryn in Warner Robins, Georgia said: I have been searching for an agent position. Unfortunately, I keep coming across only companies that want experience. I am a dedicated administrative employee that has been with the same company for a decade now. Unfortunately, it is in the construction field.

My husband is an OTR Driver and would like to change careers that will allow me to work from home and be in a similar field as him.

If anyone knows of any companies that are hiring or know of how I can better qualify myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Cathryn

pls contact me at xanadusolutions@yahoo.com

32 months ago

jim in Beacon, New York said: i am looking at a established broker co. that has a commision structure of 7% comm. on freight using there carriers and 50/50 using an approved by them outside carrier. so on a load for $2,000 it would be $140.00 and then half goes to the broker..! and any commision up to 400.oo is split for back of house fees. also there is a 250.00 start up fee paid to them.. what do you think about this? need so guidence please.

contact me at xanadusolutions@yahoo.com

32 months ago

Cathryn in Warner Robins, Georgia said: I have been searching for an agent position. Unfortunately, I keep coming across only companies that want experience. I am a dedicated administrative employee that has been with the same company for a decade now. Unfortunately, it is in the construction field.

Thanks!
Cathryn

feel free to contact me at xanadusolutions@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jung lee in Lynnwood, Washington

32 months ago

I believe I actually contacted that same person. Did you end up going with that company, and if you did, how do you like it? I'm still contemplating on whether I'd like to or not myself...

garrireynolds@hvc.rr.com in Poughkeepsie, New York

31 months ago

CLLLC in Manchester, Iowa said: Jim & leakaye

Feel free to contact me at cti @ iowatelecom . net. We are looking to expand our brokerage operation by adding agents. We would provide excellent back office support, could do better on the commision split, and there would be no up front fees.

Thanks
BC

I am a new agent looking to get started but most places are looking for people with experience and a list. I am interested in speaking to you and learning more about your business. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ExpoDirect in Laguna Niguel, California

30 months ago

You shouldn't have to pay into any company in order to become a broker agent. A split less than 50/50 is BS. I am looking for a few good agents that understands at least 60-70% of the industry. Please email me if you have an interest or more information jim @ expodirectintl . com

Phil Aitcheson in Fredericksburg, Virginia

29 months ago

jim in New York, New York said: no i did not .. still looking for a strong co. that wants to support there freight agents as much as possible

Jim:

Try OFS. (Online Freight Services). Good outfit, and great percentage. Pays bi weekly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.