Freight Broker Schools are Scams!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 156)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Mark in Colorado Springs, Colorado

53 months ago

Leslie in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Well Adam, I'm a cdl driver who has 10yrs. driving experience. I don't care to drive anymore. Looking to become an agent then broker. No one around here is hiring. Thinking about attending a freightbroker school. Any suggestions? Since you feel as though freightbroker schools are rip off.

I found a Craigslist posting for Transport Executive sounds interesting because they offer placement. I am trying to do the same thing.

tinyurl.com/yfra9mn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kelley in Oak Lawn, Illinois

52 months ago

Adam Gordaul in Dallas, Texas said: I have worked for 2 reputable transportation companies (swift and bnsf) and none them recommend freight brokering schools. It's a Scam because those who can't do it teach it.

That's not true..... I went to a lady in Georgia and she really DID teach me everything I needed to know. Grant it, once I left I had more questions. She was fine answering them later on because everyone knows with too much info up front, it's overwhelming.. Anyhow, I would at least watch the price of your class before you do it. This woman in Georgia is her own broker also. Basically what I do now from home. And I must say what I'm making a year only 1.5 yrs later from learning, it was all worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Kerry in Tacoma, Washington

52 months ago

No one wanted to hire me as a agent so I said screw it i went an got my authority licensce I think its hard getting started i dont know im tryin to do things on my own I dont have no shippers yet Ive been callin but the hard part is getting the shipper to trust u. Im not going to give up Im very passionate about this. Im still tryin to move my first load Ive been doing this for 2 months now. How long did it take some of u to move your first load?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Bslglot in Melrose Park, Illinois

49 months ago

Kelley in Oak Lawn, Illinois said: That's not true..... I went to a lady in Georgia and she really DID teach me everything I needed to know. Grant it, once I left I had more questions. She was fine answering them later on because everyone knows with too much info up front, it's overwhelming.. Anyhow, I would at least watch the price of your class before you do it. This woman in Georgia is her own broker also. Basically what I do now from home. And I must say what I'm making a year only 1.5 yrs later from learning, it was all worth it!

I am looking for someone with that same teaching ability to teach me the ins and outs of this business, if you could offer some assistance on how to locate such a person or school, It would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

fayhopkins@aol.com in Greensboro, North Carolina

49 months ago

I am a ex-driver I have a truck, and want to let someone else drive. I need my own authority and to get my brokers license. What do I do to achieve this goal, any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Rich77 in Norman, Oklahoma

49 months ago

why do my post keep getting deleted?...... Why doesn't others that put the same info as me...
I can help fayhopkins if you need it...you can contact me thru my profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa in Nashville, Tennessee

49 months ago

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT FEED BACK... I AM MORE LOOKING TO WORK UNDER A BROKER FOR NOW TO GAIN MORE EXPERIENCE... ANY IDEAS AS TO WHO MAY BE WILLING TO TAKE A CHANCE ON A EAGER STUDENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bslglot in Villa Park, Illinois

49 months ago

Start with TIA they are good, they will give you good positive direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

amber in Ashburn, Virginia

49 months ago

Nancy in Penn Yan, New York said: It is very hard to get started in this business . You have to be persistent and you have to do it everyday. It is discouraging at times.
No one wants to hire new people because they give up to easy. We took a chance and hired 3 newbies and none of them are left. We are a small company that is trying to grow a little bit and finding experienced people to work for a smaller company is a little bit tougher. But still, I think that new people just don't have a clue what it is all about and after a week of no's they disappear. Brokers get tired of that so they want proven people that know how to get out and sell and also have a following.

It makes you shy to hire newbie's because of the fail rate.

I am very much interested in becoming an agent and am sure if given a chance will deliver results with committment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Wilmington, North Carolina

49 months ago

amber in Ashburn, Virginia said: I am very much interested in becoming an agent and am sure if given a chance will deliver results with committment.

Nancy I would like to talk to you if you are looking for some experienced agents. i train agents and hire them for on the job training and also refer them to other companies looking to hire. they have a book of business with shippers and they have a good foundation. contact me thru my website infinitydispatchservice.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

pinkfloyd in Conyers, Georgia

48 months ago

Kelley in Oak Lawn, Illinois said: That's not true..... I went to a lady in Georgia and she really DID teach me everything I needed to know. Grant it, once I left I had more questions. She was fine answering them later on because everyone knows with too much info up front, it's overwhelming.. Anyhow, I would at least watch the price of your class before you do it. This woman in Georgia is her own broker also. Basically what I do now from home. And I must say what I'm making a year only 1.5 yrs later from learning, it was all worth it!

I live in Ga and was wondering is she still training? I drove until last yr when I was diagnosed with PKD and kidney cancer. Doing great now, just looking to eventually work from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Scott B. in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

48 months ago

CDL Driver that has become disabled and was looking @ this Forum on agents. After looking @ theses comments, I think I will pursue something else! Thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Memphis, Tennessee

46 months ago

I am motivated and dont give up easily. I want to take training for frieght broker agent any good companies that will train you while you learning or i can work off my training from loads any help needed. Are there any companies somebody out here attended and they did job placement?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Douglas King in Hagerstown, Maryland

46 months ago

I am very eager to start working as an agent under a broker. I dont have any experience, but I'm very dedicated, hard working, and determined. I also posses great people skills. If there is any brokerage in the Hagerstown MD area that may be wiling to hire me and train me please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Haley in Delaware, Ohio

46 months ago

I would try the Landstar Ranger Hagerstown,MD office. They are very successful ... do not know their hiring practices, but it is worth a shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

emmit in Bakersfield, California

41 months ago

Jayson in Salida, California said: I have been doing this for one month, (starting back up from 2008 when i lost my trucks)

I have alot of loads, I have experience in this since I used to own trucks and run the brokerage with it. and it seems the problem I have been having every week is finding trucks to trust me since I am new. if I could offer fuel advance, or if I could offer quick pay, i would have trucks, mostly small carriers, who rely on fuel advances and quick pays to keep afloat. I need to find an investor. maybe 1000 or 1500 dollars.

i was hurt on my job in oct 2008 im waiting on a few settlements im very interested in becoming a freight broker since i can no longer drive trucks i would love to maybe talk with you so if you would like to talk about maybe working out some sort of proposition email me thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Medford, Oregon

41 months ago

How is business now? I am also interested in getting in to the Brokerage business. What can you tell me about this industry?

Jayson in Salida, California said: I have been doing this for one month, (starting back up from 2008 when i lost my trucks)

I have alot of loads, I have experience in this since I used to own trucks and run the brokerage with it. and it seems the problem I have been having every week is finding trucks to trust me since I am new. if I could offer fuel advance, or if I could offer quick pay, i would have trucks, mostly small carriers, who rely on fuel advances and quick pays to keep afloat. I need to find an investor. maybe 1000 or 1500 dollars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

horam452@gmail.com in Atlanta, Georgia

41 months ago

What school/Lady in Georgia did you went to. Could you share the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Woody in New York, New York

40 months ago

Adam Gordaul in Dallas, Texas said: I have worked for 2 reputable transportation companies (swift and bnsf) and none them recommend freight brokering schools. It's a Scam because those who can't do it teach it.

My question to you is, how does one learn the buisness. Most companies won't give you a chance to work for them if you don't know or have experience. How does one get around this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Woody in New York, New York

40 months ago

Why don't you just factor a few loads.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rissadacutie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

40 months ago

i would like to know what lady as well? i would like to take the class

Dennis Brown in Lancaster, New York

39 months ago

If anyone is interested in comprehensive online training for freight brokers check out www.freightbrokerbootcamp.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

melisac in Beulaville, North Carolina

37 months ago

Chris in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Nancy I would like to talk to you if you are looking for some experienced agents. i train agents and hire them for on the job training and also refer them to other companies looking to hire. they have a book of business with shippers and they have a good foundation. contact me thru my website infinitydispatchservice.com

I would like additional information from this person. This looks like something that I am definately interested in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

malibume

37 months ago

That is a growing concern to MANY carriers as they have not been paid by many brokers! Many carriers are afraid of not being paid. On the same aspect- BEWARE as there are scams going on where they take a fuel advance and do not pick up the load. Building your credit rating is truly the best way to build things as even with quick pay many are going to shy away still. The fuel advances are not as much of an issue with accredited carriers. In the past year I have only had one carrier that took a fuel advance- but many love the quick pay option available! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marcotrucker in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

Im in GA How can i get info on this lady in the Ga to teach me also

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

MnM in Plant City, Florida

36 months ago

Wow! you are fortunate you met her. Could you please share any info? Is she willing to help others? I love listening to experience,and,like the rest of these folks, I am tired of driving. Owner/ops dont hava snowballs' chance anymore. I would be grateful for any info you have. Thanks. speedtrucker@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mard

36 months ago

what type of loads and what type of equitment is requiered what state are you base out of

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Memphis, Tennessee

35 months ago

MnM in Plant City, Florida said: dkeepes@gmail.com is a fraudulent scammer BEWARE!!!

Wow, did I read this right dkeepes@gmail.com is a fraudulent scammer. How so. I just joined her networking firm. Could you please tell me what causes you to accuse her of being a fraudulent scammer sir??? All info would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

If you watched the youtube movie & checked out the same person whose name (s) is/are in the credits of first movie which is nothing but nonsense:music and "motivational" sentences to read?!You can work by your pool? Give it up. Who needs that to be inspired to land a high paying sale job market. At the end of the video I saw it had a price tag of $1495 or some real high number. 0s after decimal pt. I've no clue. Think about it, dude, all I did was read everything she sent me and MY ONLY reply was no thanks. But she had to reply back w/ something about What? You really dont want to do this?
I ignored it. Then another saying they only charge me if I leave them,Whatever! If you bought it,good luck to ya. @ least I know where my $$$ is...safe!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Freight coach said: Everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, considering that I have never even spoken to you I find it amazing how you can say that. You requested information and were vary vague in the information you were seeking. I sent you the initial information and that was that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and considering that agents can come aboard and work with us for a zero out of pocket expense, then how are we frauds for offering them a position? YES if you expect to receive training for free then you are sadly mistaken. As an agent that works with us with no experience the commission is reduced as you are trained and increases as you work and learn more of the business. I talk with numerous people per day about this very topic have worked the industry and currently work the industry. I hear the horror stories of the true "scams" where people pay thousands of dollars for their training and walk away knowing very little. I hear how they spend thousands on start up costs only to find that now no carrier will take the load as they are fearful of being paid. These are all aspects that many don't explain and I take the time to do so!

Leave an email I would forward to you but you prob dkeepes@gmail and send me different account. The stuff she sent me was contradicting too many times. Nothing like you posted was in that email from dkeepes.So you too cAN HAVE YOUR OPNION. eNJOY IT, AND IT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

It is this simple, folks! If you dont have some kind of experience or know somebody that will let you in their office and let you have hands on and show what is i mportant, you will not get in this business. The school is from the first actual broker house such as Patterson Freight in Plant City,FL. Google their site. It offers career opps. on their website. They actually move freight via somebody elses trucks. Their are surrounded by 2 huge grocery warehouses as well and located in an area surouned by @ least 4. Saw nothing about needing to send them money,same as T.J. Stidham.Located in same town. Google them as well. They have actual physical address you can drive right in there and go in an office. She owns her own trucks and trailers and brokers owner/operators as well. No mention of money out of your pocket to land a job. They offer latest software and in house support. And STILL no mention of paying them any money. Check it out everyone who reads this please....I DARE YA! Some freight coaches are gonna be UPSET!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

UNBELIEVABLE!! Mustang Freight is another scam> who in their right mind is going to sell legitimate money making contacts for a price of 45 dollars? Are you kidding? Wake up,America!! GET Real. Stop falling for this nonsense. You scammers should be ashamed of yourselves. Whoever replies back in defense is a "phishing"type individual

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire

35 months ago

Freight Leads from Mustang Freight is NOT a scam!!!

17,890 Shipper/Trans Manager Sales Leads .....

These leads encompass FAK-(mostly, meats, produce, building materials, plastics, medical, heavy haul, construction equipment, auctions, steel, lumber and much more) for Flatbeds/Stepdeck/Reefer/RGN/Van/Straight Trucks, it took me 8 years to amass these contacts with a yield of $2M+ in sales to you.

MnM, AKA Michael Moore should be careful who he tries to defame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire said: Freight Leads from Mustang Freight is NOT a scam!!!

17,890 Shipper/Trans Manager Sales Leads .....

These leads encompass FAK-(mostly, meats, produce, building materials, plastics, medical, heavy haul, construction equipment, auctions, steel, lumber and much more) for Flatbeds/Stepdeck/Reefer/RGN/Van/Straight Trucks, it took me 8 years to amass these contacts with a yield of $2M+ in sales to you.

MnM, AKA Michael Moore should be careful who he tries to defame.

HAHAHAHAHAHA MICHAEL DOUGLAS YOU MUST HAVE FATAL ATTRACTION!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

In my opinion, you do not need to go to freight brokering school. You need a basic understanding of sales; know about the types of freight/trailers you will load ie weight, pallet count, dimensions; rates other brokers are paying, in the beginning you need to pay the MOST to the truck; get your own FHWA authority less than $400, find a bond (dont get the $10000 trust); get some load board accounts (find some shippers there(most are cheap)but its a start); find a factor so you can quick pay trucks(charge for the quick pay and that will more than cover the factors charge) Dont factor you fast paying customers that pay immediately to 10 days. Pay your trucks on-time and do not let carriers screw up your loads without implementing reasonable fines. Be fair. This is a GREAT business to be in. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Well there you have itfolks. Gotta have sum truckin knowledge..and didnt cost you a dime you have been given sum learnings for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

No money out to learn that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

MnM Exactly!!! Thats why I dont give away 17,890 shipping managers for free. They can take 5,6, or 7 years and build their own customer database for free. Maybe you should give all the inspiring freight brokers some customers (ie MONEY). Remember you have been REMOVED from the list, so you will never get my contacts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire said: MnM Exactly!!! Thats why I dont give away 17,890 shipping managers for free. They can take 5,6, or 7 years and build their own customer database for free. Maybe you should give all the inspiring freight brokers some customers (ie MONEY). Remember you have been REMOVED from the list, so you will never get my contacts.

It is Sunday so I say thanks be to God please, please DO remove me from your list. God bless you! I will pray for you and give thanks for removing me from your list. Thanks Again!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire said: MnM Exactly!!! Thats why I dont give away 17,890 shipping managers for free. They can take 5,6, or 7 years and build their own customer database for free. Maybe you should give all the inspiring freight brokers some customers (ie MONEY). Remember you have been REMOVED from the list, so you will never get my contacts.

In case I forgot to tell you: Thanks again for removing me from your list.

David in Memphis, Tennessee

35 months ago

great!

35 months ago

David in Memphis, Tennessee said: great!

Did you learn anything? I hope that is what great! means

35 months ago

This entire paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all. You once owned trucks and run the brokerage with it? How long did you own trucks? a couple of hrs? You sound like you were finished before you ever got started. If you had trucks before,real 18wheel types, you should not be this lost. No investor is gonna front chump change,and 1500.00 will not even come close to get you rolling. You need a large bank roll to pay carriers quick because the middle man,aka broker,waits longer to get paid. That is the name of the game,you wait longer being a broker and that is when you get your profit. Remember,NO broker of any kind sits by the pool conducting business. A phone to the ear and a computer in the face far more hours than not. Moving freight is 24/7 365, so that means it is work,for those of you who have fell for the get-rich-quick-suckers. If you do not have access to carriers,(trucks)you wont move freight. Dont get a broker license til you become an agent and you have access to a fat bank roll. Argue this all you want to,after you research you will say shucks,that guy is right.Believe me, I find this biz interesting too,but Im gonna star by finding how to learn the software that is used in the industry first. At least if I have those credentials I have opened myself to other opps. Not from enrolling in some freight breaking scamming school and be out a few thousands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bpgti in Modesto, California

35 months ago

Jayson, would like to talk to you about becoming an agent with your brokerage. I'm in Modesto. Ben

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bpgti@yahoo.com in Modesto, California

35 months ago

Jayson, would like to talk to you about becoming an agent with your brokerage. I'm in Modesto. Ben bpgti@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

I do not have a brokerage firm. Just sharing info with everyone so they will not be ripped off by scammers.That is all. I have friends in the otr trucking industry who give me insight,and I have been around trucks all my life,just not in the clerical part of it,which is where I am looking. You already had trucks,so you said in your post many months ago, so you should know @ least one broker unless you hauled direct. You should also know about CSA rules going into effect as well. Good luck.

trucker43 in Bay St Louis, Mississippi

35 months ago

Anyone looking to become a Freight Agent? Then look into this Website.
ratemyshipment.com/athenaknight
Please put Athena Knight as the Agent.

35 months ago

I would like to say how awesome it is that so many people
are speaking out with legit info for those seeking legit careers/work. My best wishes and prosperity to all who are tired of stupid ridiculous internet scammers. I don't believe we will be seeing anymore on this site at least. And I hope all this has created some more whistle blowers to any that are stumbled upon.

Let's keep this up and everyone who reads this forum will benefit positively.
It is NOT a crime to help out a fellow person. Real contacts,ph.#s and other helpful information we give out costs nothing,but the pay back for us somewhere down the line will be worth it. What goes around comes around,good AND bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

W in Wheaton, Illinois

34 months ago

dave in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky said: I have been researching becoming a freight broker. I have not found any brokerages willing to hire without experience. If you have no experience in this field, how else can you learn other than taking some training. Personally I learn better thur intruction and asking questions, than I do reading a book. There are some schools that offer agency to help you get started and get some of that experience.

Dave,

About 6 months ago I worked for a well known clothing store. Retail has not been my dream job. I used a headhunter to find me another job. I told them that I wanted to be in sales. I got a chance to work for the broker I work for now and it has been the best change in my life. I started on the bottom tracking trucks all day long. Then learning how to enter loads into the system. About a month ago I decided to start making calls to see if I can get some customers. This is were the challange come in. You will get a lot of no's and a lot of people saying they will give you a shot but dont. Then you will call people and find out that they do bids once a year (make sure you know when those bids are and make sure you get on their bid list). After just a month I now have 2 solid customers and a few that I have helped out with one or two loads and everything went great but they just dont have trust with in me yet. I have to grow and build their trust first and show them that they can trust me with their freight. A lot of companies have had a bad experince with carriers or brokers. I guess what I am trying to say is that you realy don't need to go to school. Try do find a broker that needs a tracker and then work your way up. It all start with learning how to track and talk to the carriers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

W in Wheaton, Illinois said: Dave,

About 6 months ago I worked for a well known clothing store. Retail has not been my dream job. I used a headhunter to find me another job. I told them that I wanted to be in sales. I got a chance to work for the broker I work for now and it has been the best change in my life. I started on the bottom tracking trucks all day long. Then learning how to enter loads into the system. About a month ago I decided to start making calls to see if I can get some customers. This is were the challange come in. You will get a lot of no's and a lot of people saying they will give you a shot but dont. Then you will call people and find out that they do bids once a year (make sure you know when those bids are and make sure you get on their bid list). After just a month I now have 2 solid customers and a few that I have helped out with one or two loads and everything went great but they just dont have trust with in me yet. I have to grow and build their trust first and show them that they can trust me with their freight. A lot of companies have had a bad experince with carriers or brokers. I guess what I am trying to say is that you realy don't need to go to school. Try do find a broker that needs a tracker and then work your way up. It all start with learning how to track and talk to the carriers.

Hi there
Which headhunter did you use to get in the door you are in now. I would love to learn how to track trucks,just do not know where to start.Can you share some more info?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.