What is a fair way of assigning walk-in clients?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Angel in Jamaica, New York

57 months ago

I am one of the newer stylist in a commision-based salon I work in. When walk-ins arrive they are assigned to whoever has worked there the longest, by seniority. If all the other stylists are busy servicing clients then the walk-in will go to me. I haven't made accurate records but I think I may get assigned a walk-in like once a month. When I'm not busy, I get paid to assist which is about 95% of the time. I know I am supposed to be advertising myself but I feel if I do all the work to get my own clients I might as well be renting a station. I don't work there full-time so it's kinda hard to tell people to come to the salon and you don't even work there at a time that conveniences them. Can you tell me if this fair? I have apprenticed a few years there and I feel it maybe time to move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

travel hair dresser in Bronx, New York

46 months ago

Angel in Jamaica, New York said: I am one of the newer stylist in a commision-based salon I work in. When walk-ins arrive they are assigned to whoever has worked there the longest, by seniority. If all the other stylists are busy servicing clients then the walk-in will go to me. I haven't made accurate records but I think I may get assigned a walk-in like once a month. When I'm not busy, I get paid to assist which is about 95% of the time. I know I am supposed to be advertising myself but I feel if I do all the work to get my own clients I might as well be renting a station. I don't work there full-time so it's kinda hard to tell people to come to the salon and you don't even work there at a time that conveniences them. Can you tell me if this fair? I have apprenticed a few years there and I feel it maybe time to move on.

Hello Travel hair dresser is looking for license and experience hairstylist for our clients.You will be doing events such as weddings,baby showers,birthdays,elderly and children.Please note: Travel hairdresser only do consultations,you will set your own price for our clients and you are only going to give us 15% of what you will make.This job require you to have your own equipment and travel to our clients.This job is more rewarding than renting a chair or a salon.We have several upcoming events that we are trying to fulfill.contact travelhairdresser@yahoo.com.Thanks in advance Cristal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.