Cosmetology refresher course

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ike Peters in Tacoma, Washington

65 months ago

My girlfriend got her cos license 6 years ago, and never went to work. Long story. She wants a refresher course so she feels comfortable putting herself out there in the industry. We live in Seattle. Does anyone know of a school that offers something like that. I've had a hard time on google. How long would it take? Cost? I'd be willing to fly her to Cali or somewhere as long as it would just be a week or so. Prefer something local though. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

loveseattle in Renton, Washington

61 months ago

Ike in Tacoma, Washington said: Hi Did you ever find something? I'm in the same situation. I just moved to Seattle from the East Coast and after doing hair for 13 years found out I have to retake the exams. Can't find a school that offers a refresher course. Any help would be great.

Hi~ Did you take the exam? I'm in the same boat, I came from Texas and have to take both exam again, any information will help, thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Melbashair

61 months ago

loveseattle in Renton, Washington said: Hi~ Did you take the exam? I'm in the same boat, I came from Texas and have to take both exam again, any information will help, thanks :)

hi again
I'm from ca, but I moved to ga n I took both exam again, I have 2 cd from state board exam of California. The cd is step by step all procedures n it help me a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

adonis85 in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

i live in houston tx and is looking for a place where i can take a refresher course. If you are familiar with the city of houston, preferebly on the north side of town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Palmgrl777@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I completed all hours of cosmetology, never took state boards and find out the state board of PA had a fire in the building and all info was destroyed. Any suggestions on honoring hours and taking refresher coarse and then taking boards?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tmommie3 in Syracuse, New York

58 months ago

Palmgrl777@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I completed all hours of cosmetology, never took state boards and find out the state board of PA had a fire in the building and all info was destroyed. Any suggestions on honoring hours and taking refresher coarse and then taking boards?

I am in New York and the school I went to is out of business. I called the NY Liscensing and they said I can take the take boards anytime I feel like it. I completed the course back in the 90's and never took the boards. I have to send away to student records so they can send me my certificate as proof that I completed the courses. So u should google liscensing in PA and download the form offline and send it in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

T-MOMMIE 3,
THANKS FOR YOUR INFO. ALSO A MOMMIE OF 3. DO YOU STILL HAVE TO REFRESH AND GET YOUR KIT PACKED FROM A SCHOOL BEFORE THE BOARDS? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE PROCEDURE AND GOOD LUCK. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.......DIANE, PHILLY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Back into hair in Lees Summit, Missouri

58 months ago

Hello!
I have my license but have not practiced in 15 years. Do you know of a refresher course in Missouri?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

YOU CAN CALL YOUR LOCAL SCHOOLS FOR REFRESHER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thao tran in California

58 months ago

Melbashair said: hi again
I'm from ca, but I moved to ga n I took both exam again, I have 2 cd from state board exam of California. The cd is step by step all procedures n it help me a lot.

hi!
did you pass your both test.
Can you make a copy of DVD for me pls? I failed the practical part. I am so worried about that. Could you please do me favor?
Thks a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melbashair

58 months ago

thao tran in California said: hi!
did you pass your both test.
Can you make a copy of DVD for me pls? I failed the practical part. I am so worried about that. Could you please do me favor?
Thks a lot.

yes I passed the test, I would send u a copy
what is u address, but the DVD is about 3 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erin Myers in Reseda, California

58 months ago

People, use your Resources. Call your Local Academies. Vidal, Paul Mitchell, Tony/Guy, Marinello, etc. They should all have Continuing Education (that's the proper Term for it).

And if you're trying to take classes out-of-state, you need to check with your State's "State Board" to check Reciprocity Laws.

That means, some Classes taken in another State, may not be recognized in your Home State.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gena Watson in San Diego, California

55 months ago

tracyd in Mission Viejo, California said: I'm in the same boat. got my license, but didn't go to work and I desperately need some refresher course. I live in so. california.

If you are still interested, I am an instructor also in a salon in Mission
Valley. I am teaching one on one classes on Sundays, certification in Master Colorist, Cutting, Brazilian Blowout, and Extentions. You can pick your package.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candy in San Antonio, Texas

54 months ago

Cosmetology
I need to take refresher class or a DVD that will walk me though the hand on part of the state broad Exam for Cosmetology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Candy in San Antonio, Texas

54 months ago

Melbashair said: yes I passed the test, I would send u a copy
what is u address, but the DVD is about 3 years old.[/QU

I wanted to known if you could help me out with the DVd also or tell me how i can get a copy On the texas exam.Thank you

Kristin in Overland Park, Kansas

54 months ago

I went to cosmtology school and completed my 1500 in Kansas. But i never ended up taking the state board and getting my license. Im trying to find a school in the state of kansas or missouri that may have a refresher course so i can be prepared and ready to take my boards and get my cosmetology license. Can anyone help me please!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gididdly in Scottsdale, Arizona

53 months ago

Milady's online has a online practice prep exam . but just for the written part.. Each state is different.. I took my exam in Arizona (the practical is hair only.. no nails or skin care, and it is done on a doll head NOT on a live person..)..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Irving, Texas

50 months ago

Can u please send me the dvds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leonard wilson in Charlotte, North Carolina

50 months ago

hi i am looking to renew my liscense as well i went to school in charlotte nc ans also got my liscense in south carolina i have talked to both boards and trying to find a school to help me is really hard i havent done hair in 10 years and was in medical i really want to focus onclippers and work for a clipper company but need refresher in the state board areas if anyone can help me please let me know my email is lw120699@aol.com i am really stuck trying to find what to do i appreciate any help

tara824@comcast.net in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Palmgrl777@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I completed all hours of cosmetology, never took state boards and find out the state board of PA had a fire in the building and all info was destroyed. Any suggestions on honoring hours and taking refresher coarse and then taking boards?

I live in philadelphia, Pennsylvania also i attended and completed all my hours almost 9 yrs ago never took my boards long story... i was unsure if the hours expire maybe i can take a refresher course?? i feel like i am getting flipped floped around no anwsers!!! did u ever find any anwsers?? thanks

whitney marie in Ventura, California

49 months ago

Melbashair said: hi again

hi...you dont happen to still have that cd do you? I just moved to California from Nebraska and I am completely panicing about all the things I have to do here. Please let me know ASAP. You can contact me at whitneymarie32@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Moyer in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Palmgrl777@aol.com and tara824@comcast.net: You can try calling the PA cosmetology state board you can find their phone number online. They maybe able to answer your questions.

49 months ago

found out state board wanted 30 dollars, to look for hours, no promises. they were very rude, not helpful just wanted 30$.....Tara , im sure your hours are recorded in hasrrisburg, just fill out paperwork and they will send u the hours. on paper.

juliemoy in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Hi everyone, I went to a local beauty school in PA and they do not offer a refresher course for the practical exam. The woman told me that there is a website that tells me what I will be expected to do for the practical exam. I feel as if I am getting the run around. Is there a DVD that shows what you will be expected to do on the practical exam? Also someone told me to ready the new Milady Text book however I find it better to read classnotes as well? Does anyone know where I can get classnotes from someone who has been enrolled in a PA school??? I really need help, I am tired of getting the run around.

Julie Moyer in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Hi sorry the web put me in as Bensalem in the message below, I guess it did not pick up on my previous location and I still need help.

Hi everyone, I went to a local beauty school in PA and they do not offer a refresher course for the practical exam. The woman told me that there is a website that tells me what I will be expected to do for the practical exam. I feel as if I am getting the run around. Is there a DVD that shows what you will be expected to do on the practical exam? Also someone told me to ready the new Milady Text book however I find it better to read classnotes as well? Does anyone know where I can get classnotes from someone who has been enrolled in a PA school??? I really need help, I am tired of getting the run around.

shelley in Long Beach, California

46 months ago

tracyd in Mission Viejo, California said: I'm in the same boat. got my license, but didn't go to work and I desperately need some refresher course. I live in so. california.

did you ever find anything? i need help!

Mari in Corpus Christi, Texas

46 months ago

adonis85 in Houston, Texas said: i live in houston tx and is looking for a place where i can take a refresher course. If you are familiar with the city of houston, preferebly on the north side of town.

I went to school for cosmetology I did my hours I passed my classes. but I never did my state board exam.. What can I do?

Cathy in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

To all of those in pennsylvania, Im located near philadelphia. I own and operate my own salon and am an educator and can help you get ready for boards if you would like. However if you have been out of school for a little while you will have to contact your school to get them to send your transcript to the state board.

email me if you need help. I'd gladly help you.

travelingstyles@hotmail

lavette allen in East Haven, Connecticut

43 months ago

Ike Peters in Tacoma, Washington said: My girlfriend got her cos license 6 years ago, and never went to work. Long story. She wants a refresher course so she feels comfortable putting herself out there in the industry. We live in Seattle. Does anyone know of a school that offers something like that. I've had a hard time on google. How long would it take? Cost? I'd be willing to fly her to Cali or somewhere as long as it would just be a week or so. Prefer something local though. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

Hi My nale is LaVette,
I am a Master educator of Cosmetology, I offer on line refresher courses for licensed cosmetologist, I can help you:) visit my site at cosmetologyrefreshercourses.com and read what its all about. if your interested leave a comment along with your info, i will respond immediately.

43 months ago

Hi my mane is LaVette,
I am a Master educator of cosmetology, i have online refresher courses that will give you up to date knowledge and practices of cosmetology. I can help you. why go to a school and pay all that money; when you can have personal quality training for less. if you are intersted visit my site at cometologyrefreshercourses.com leave a comment along with your info.

43 months ago

Please e-mail me the info for the online refresher course for cosmetology. \
thanks, diane

back2beauty in Monticello, Illinois

43 months ago

lavette allen in East Haven, Connecticut said: hi, My name is LaVette,
i am a master Educator of cosmetology, I have online refresher courses for the state board exam. I guarentee 100% passing rate of 80 and above. if you are interested visit my site at cosmetologyrefreshercourses.com leave a comment and your contact info

Hi LaVette,
Are your online refresher courses an actual refresher course for someone who's been expired 5+ years. I have to take a 250 hr refresher course + state boards here in Illinois to become licensed again... i'm a "not renewed" status on IL dept of professional and financial regulation. If your classes are considered an actual "refresher course 250 hours", I'm not even sure I could take them since I'm in Illinois. Do you know of anyone that would have such an online school for something like I'm looking for that would work here in the state of Illinois?

Thanks!

Zee in Cypress, Texas

42 months ago

adonis85 in Houston, Texas said: i live in houston tx and is looking for a place where i can take a refresher course. If you are familiar with the city of houston, preferebly on the north side of town.

did you ever find a place where you can get the refresher course?

Thanks,
Zee

42 months ago

Did not find a refresher course in Philadelphia, PA

42 months ago

Did not find a refresher course in Philadelphia, PA Any info would be helpful

HawaiinGurl01 in Saddle River, New Jersey

42 months ago

Hello, ladies and gents! I went to school in New Jersey I had alot of things going on after i graduated that getting my license went on stand still and I was wondering if anyone is from here and if they know of somewhere I can find refresher course to take my state board exam for cosmo? If so please let me know it would be really appreciated!

HawaiinGurl01 in Saddle River, New Jersey

42 months ago

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew where I could take a cosmo refresher course for my state board exam in New Jersey?

LaVette Allen in Gilboa, New York

42 months ago

hello HawaiinGurl01,

my name is LaVete Allen and I am presently offering online refresher courses for the state board exam. if you are interested visit my website for the details, cosmetologyrefreshercourses.com
you can sign up on my site. hope to hear from you soon:)

LaVette Allen in Gilboa, New York

42 months ago

hello HawaiinGurl01,

my name is LaVete Allen and I am presently offering online refresher courses for the state board exam. if you are interested visit my website for the details, cosmetologyrefreshercourses.com
you can sign up on my site. hope to hear from you soon:)

Tammy in Cape Coral, Florida

41 months ago

I live in Fort Myers, FL and am interested in taking a cosmetology refresher course. Does anyone know of one?

41 months ago

Tammy in Cape Coral, Florida said: I live in Fort Myers, FL and am interested in taking a cosmetology refresher course. Does anyone know of one?

Hi Tammy,

Do you want to renew your license or do you want to refresh your knowledge and skills? I can help you get started on refreshing your knowledge and skills for either question. if your interested log on to cosmetologyrefreshercourses.com and review the details on what the courses are about and select the area of your interest. please leave a valid telephone number so that I can contact you for further assistance. hope to hear from you soon and good luck on your career.

Tammy in Cape Coral, Florida

41 months ago

I am interested in refreshing my skills.

Thanks!
Tammy

Moshka in Katy, Texas

41 months ago

I also need prepare to stat board exam in texas.I never been in US beauty school,but I did finish it in other country.TDLR in houston sent me Examination Eligiblity.So..what books and where I can find,anything what can be on exams.I can study on english.Please any advise would help....

LaVette Allen in Hudson, New York

41 months ago

Tammy in Cape Coral, Florida said: I am interested in refreshing my skills.

Thanks!
Tammy

Great! have you had a chance to visit the site? cosmetologyrefreshercourses.com if so let me know if you would like to take any of the refresher courses:)

sandybone1 in Corpus Christi, Texas

41 months ago

It's been 20 yrs since I was in school, I didn't renew my Cosmetology license in Feb 2009 like I was supposed to. I have done everything from, taking the CE classes, renewal fee, written exam AND NOW i must take the PRACTICAL EXAM. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a refresher course for the practical, I need help setting up the table for the manicure and facial.I could really use the help.

toni love in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

i was a at home mother and wife and now that my kids are older i want to get back into the field and i need a class or school the gives refresher courses on round brush blow drying and cutting and razor cutting weaving and up dos. i needit all

brenda43 in Alto, Texas

39 months ago

in Houston, they could help you!

brenda43 in Alto, Texas

39 months ago

DALLAS TX. they could probably help you!

janine in missouri in Rockaway Beach, Missouri

39 months ago

Tammy in Cape Coral, Florida said: I live in Fort Myers, FL and am interested in taking a cosmetology refresher course. Does anyone know of one?

I am in the same predicament, and I have spoken to several schools in two different states, Missouri and Massechusettes and in both states the schools theirselves said they do not offer refresher courses... Sorry but it looks like we are on our own on this one missouri and massechusettes.

kellee in Arlington, Texas

36 months ago

Looks like I'm looking for the same it's been at least 15 years since i finished the course..does anyone know anywhere i can take a refresher course in dfw, tx so that i can take my board exam. also any sugguestions on any salon to start in?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.