Boom or bust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most health care opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

robert throckmorton in Herndon, Virginia

93 months ago

I do not know where the jobs are, I have just graduated from a medical assisting school but unable to find a job, they are in the paper and the web but all want six months exp, cannot get that with out job first, if you know some one or are someone who wants a good person, please comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Stamford, Connecticut

93 months ago

You may want to try doing a little networking through sites like LinkedIn and Ryze. Here's a search I did for Medical Assistant in Virginia:
www.indeed.com/jobs?radius=&q=medical+assistant&l=virginia

Each job listing has a "more actions" link located in the bottom line of the listing. Click that and you'll be provided with lots of background information pertaining to that job; including direct links to networking sites. Once you start meeting people within the company/industry they should hopefully be able to lead you in the right direction.

Also take a look at the lefthand "refinement" margin. This provides you with the companies, locations and so on that have the most amount of listings related to your search. Good Luck!

93 months ago

Sorry about that with virginia , i live in dallas, i am doing everything i can, its just frustraiting, i am also a disabled vet and i think that might be holding things back, i got the vet reps hooking up with me but nothing ever happens. thanks for writing me.

93 months ago

Glad to help. OK, here's a revised search for Dallas, TX: www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Medical+Assistant&l=Dallas%2C+TX&radius=

Have you tried any other organizations that help people with disabilities find a job? For example, someone recently contacted me from Creative Opportunities that Work (COVA) in Ohio. They said there are lots of organizations like them that can be contacted through the Rehabilitation Services Commission, or Vocational Rehabilitation Advministration.

Hang in there. A lot of people don't realize how much time and frustration goes into job searches. It's difficult but in the end you'll find something

93 months ago

i have tried the veterans rehabilitaion for work, but it takes several months to get to the interview, but good news, my school just called and set me up on an interview with an internal doc, its not full time but expeirence is gold in the medical field, and i hope i can make a good inpression, thanks again for writing, thats realy nice of you, keeps my spirit up!!!!!!!!!!1

93 months ago

why does it say that i am from herndon viginia, i live in dallas tx and have never heard of herndon before, just saying not really asking.

93 months ago

That's great news! YLike you said, experience is key for so many professions and it sounds like this may be a good start for you. Good luck on your interview.

93 months ago

I have found out why the three jobs that i originaly got hired on and then unhired was because after i got hired i called the school and told the counsler per request and then she called the job and set up interviews with other students that put me on hold for a while, well i didnt get those jobs and next time i find something i will not tell her, thats very shady, by the way she did the same thing to the job that i interviewed on yesterday, im doing all the leg work, i am very hot over that

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.