career search in health care field

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jessie in Concord, New Hampshire

30 months ago

Hi,

Any career ideas for a 20 year old who likes the health care field but has a low "ick" factor? She wants to have at least some direct contact with people but in a rather "clean" (i.e. not bloody/gross) way. She doesn't want a career that is all administration. (I have suggestion x-ray tech, PT and occ. therapy but am looking for more ideas or specific feedback about those fields.) Thank you for any help you can offer. She is willing to go as far as a master's degree but probably not a doctorate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GoGetter in East Peoria, Illinois

30 months ago

EEG Technology and Sleep Technology are two more choices for her to look into. Really difficult to find an area in healthcare that has a true shortage of workers these days. Lots of schools have saturated the market in various healthcare professions.

Bluetea in Texas

30 months ago

Jessie in Concord, New Hampshire said: Hi,

Any career ideas for a 20 year old who likes the health care field but has a low "ick" factor? She wants to have at least some direct contact with people but in a rather "clean" (i.e. not bloody/gross) way. She doesn't want a career that is all administration. (I have suggestion x-ray tech, PT and occ. therapy but am looking for more ideas or specific feedback about those fields.) Thank you for any help you can offer. She is willing to go as far as a master's degree but probably not a doctorate.

Audiology and Speech Therapy have low "ick" factors.

There is community college near me with a mortuary science program. There is a 3 year wait. People are just dying to get in. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FutureTech in Southfield, Michigan

23 months ago

Jessie in Concord, New Hampshire said: Hi,

Any career ideas for a 20 year old who likes the health care field but has a low "ick" factor? She wants to have at least some direct contact with people but in a rather "clean" (i.e. not bloody/gross) way. She doesn't want a career that is all administration . (I have suggestion x-ray tech, PT and occ. therapy but am looking for more ideas or specific feedback about those fields.) Thank you for any help you can offer. She is willing to go as far as a master's degree but probably not a doctorate.

Harcum College has a Neurodiagnostic program. Starting in January 2013'. Easy program and online, Check them out. (thats when I'll be starting)

alminwargar in Jacksonville, Florida

14 months ago

I'm new on this community any guideline from where to start really appreciated.
www.bellesdemeures.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.