Gettin in local 150 in illinois H.e.o

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

Edwin in Arlington Heights, Illinois

81 months ago

I am trying to get training in Heavy equipment operator in illinois i dont work in construction right now how can i get training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (156) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Nicholas D. Sadzak in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

I am trying to get training in Heavy Equipment Operator in Illinois. i work full-time at Ridgeway Cheverolet in the GM apprenticeship program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Draigess in Cary, North Carolina

79 months ago

You must submit an application for the apprenticeship program for the IUOE Local 150. The regional training site is in Romeoville IL at the edge of Romeoville and Joliet. That is where you have to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ken nelson in Hinsdale, Illinois

79 months ago

i believe there is also one on rt. 12 in wauconda, and one on rt.120 in lakemoore...there is schools like ats or nahets to get experience w/ over 10 machines and get a cdl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Big J in Saint Charles, Illinois

78 months ago

You have to be a member of Local 150 to use the new training site in Wilmington. To become a member you either have to know someone who can get you in or apply for the apprenticeship program. Good luck either way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Josef in Leesburg, Florida

78 months ago

well does anyone know about what they offer in Florida? I live in the central florida. I heard the villages have a lot of opportunity there since they're always building.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Freeport, Illinois

74 months ago

Does anyone know how i can get a permit to put in just to work landfills? I currently run heavy equipment at a non-union landfill. Will i have to quit my current job to try to get in the union?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

AnitaDee

60 months ago

I have a CDL but I want to get to be a heavy equipment operator, how do I go about doing this? I live in Aurora, IL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

NOT ME in Fraser, Michigan

56 months ago

tentenmark@hotmail.com in Lake In The Hills, Illinois said: I am in 150 cant get a response from my buisness agent what is my earliest retirment age now 38 i have been in for 20 years can i retire early say 45 or are they just pulling my chain

Why Do YOU NEED THE B.A.? WHY DON`T YOU LOOK IN YOUR FRINGE BENEFIT BOOK ? OR CALL THE FRINGE BENEFIT OFFICE ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Patti C in Moulton, Alabama in Crandall, Georgia

47 months ago

I am 39 and have a strong desire to train and be certified to operate heavy equipment. Can someone tell me where I can get started?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

l3uzzardron in Lakeland, Florida

45 months ago

Edwin in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: I am trying to get training in Heavy equipment operator in illinois i dont work in construction right now how can i get training

there are only 2 ways i know of into local 150. The appr. program or you hire in the industrial side. all though thats pretty hard now because almost all of those use the hiring hall now. you used to be able to hire in at slag companies, union landscaping, and other non traditional building and trade companies now unless the hall is empty thats pretty hard to do. it helps to know someone in the hall or a contractor to help pull you in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clayton irvin in Dayton, Ohio

44 months ago

Edwin in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: I am trying to get training in Heavy equipment operator in illinois i dont work in construction right now how can i get training

theres a school in lebanon ohio called WARRAN COUNTY CAREER CENTER.. you can find them on the internet under: WCCC.COM.. Good luck.. and you can have that financed through a program called WIA. The school can help you with that too..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judgingthemarket in Homer Glen, Illinois

43 months ago

Is right now a good time to be getting into Heavy Equipment as the economy, and building are still lagging?

Anyone with a good idea of what the current Chicago, and overall IL heavy equipment operator job market looks like would be more than welcome to comment to this question.

I look forward to hearing from anyone that might be able to give a little insight as to what is happening on the ground out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gpzbilly in High Point, North Carolina

43 months ago

Brother now is not a good time!I own a custom motorcycle shop for the last 25 years as well as being a equipment operator. thats has been the only thing that keeps food in my family's mouth. We really are just barley making it from that. Heavy equipment use to be a awsome career for us operators. Making 25 to 30.00 dollars a hour wasn't nothing,ant all the overtime you wanted to work. Companies where happy to pay that for a good operator, but now your lucky if you can get 15.00 dollars an hour.I wish I could find a job making 30.00 a hour again.

43 months ago

I noticed you are from N.C. I am taking it that this is a national trend and not just a regional one in N.C. as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

So I imagine this is a national trend and not just a regional one in NC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gpzbilly in High Point, North Carolina

43 months ago

YES.

Operator in Chicago Heights, Illinois

37 months ago

There isn't much work in Illinois Either i have had to take odd job's to make end's meet.I am a local 150 operator also.I think you all who want to be operator's would be better off going for something else like maybe something in the medical field where you will almost always have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Slag Pot Carrier Operator in Chicago, Illinois

34 months ago

The I.U.O.E. Local 150 is a fantastic union with limitless possibilities to acquire the training and skills necessary for anyone interested in a career as an Operating Engineer. I work in slag; steel mill services. We pot haulers and our partnered pit loaders can average $60k to $90k a year based on pay scale; shift work; and the accumulated overtime. Unlike our union brethren counterparts in Heavy Highway and in the Building Trades, we work year round. This means that you have a continuous source of income. The down side...the contractor owns you. You never see your family; your sleep deprived; the divorce rate is high; and we work one of the most dangerous jobs in the steel industry and most certainly in the I.U.O.E.

How to get hired? Do an online search for the "International Union of Operating Engineers.". Find their contact information; call them; ask for further contact information regarding a Union Local Hall nearest to your place of residence. Contact THAT hall and ask them if you can come in and fill out a registration card (similar to an application). Then...wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jayfordnp@yahoo.com in Portage, Indiana

33 months ago

i hv filled out the application packet and turned it in bout 4 months ago. i am currently a equipment operator at a railroad for the south shore. when should i hear something or does it usually take a while to hear something back? i applied at the merriville office in indiana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terry in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

I paid 25 dollars for an application and never got it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lboog712 in Gary, Indiana

31 months ago

Slag Pot Carrier Operator in Chicago, Illinois said: The I.U.O.E. Local 150 is a fantastic union with limitless possibilities to acquire the training and skills necessary for anyone interested in a career as an Operating Engineer. I work in slag; steel mill services. We pot haulers and our partnered pit loaders can average $60k to $90k a year based on pay scale; shift work; and the accumulated overtime. Unlike our union brethren counterparts in Heavy Highway and in the Building Trades, we work year round. This means that you have a continuous source of income. The down side...the contractor owns you. You never see your family; your sleep deprived; the divorce rate is high; and we work one of the most dangerous jobs in the steel industry and most certainly in the I.U.O.E.

How to get hired? Do an online search for the "International Union of Operating Engineers.". Find their contact information; call them; ask for further contact information regarding a Union Local Hall nearest to your place of residence. Contact THAT hall and ask them if you can come in and fill out a registration card (similar to an application). Then...wait.

hey since i know you are part of the LOCAL 150, and i really want to be part of this union, cause i see really good things are about to come...i was just wondering if at all possible that i could get a recommendation letter from you...it would be greatll appreciated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

peb93 in Wyoming, Illinois

29 months ago

I am about to graduate from high school. Looking at ATS in Wisconsin for training and certification, but wondering if it is really worth the money for tuition. Does the certification mean that much? Is it easier to get into the union with it, and will I make more? Or could I get into the union as an apprentice as possibly make the same money? Who would be the person to ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shadow in Christopher, Illinois

28 months ago

I went to ATC (allied carrer training) In dothan, alabama. There I recieved my NCCER and OSHA Cirtifications in H.E.O. There they teach you basic H.E.O Operations, safty, and maintence of Backhoes, Exvactors, and Bulldozers. You can certify in one of the 3 pieces of equipment. or 2 if you wish. They provide life time job leads aswell. They will match you to certain jobs and train you in the inderstry of H.E.O. They have been reviewed by the better business buro and Fox news has conducted a study rating it number 1 for training. www.heoschool.net/contact.html

larry_scott@att.net in Peoria, Illinois

21 months ago

Good information.Are there any training schools that the operating engineers local recognize or accept their certifications ?

Chris in Carol Stream, Illinois

19 months ago

So during the classroom training, the on the job training and field training...do we get paid during all that training??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.