Pros/cons about KBR jobs in Iraq

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 171)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Sheababy in Dyersburg, Tennessee

68 months ago

I need all the info I can get about KBR in Iraq. My fiance is getting ready to go over there this month to be a crane operator and I have stumbled across this sight. Main Question:INSURANCE! I am pregnant and we were concerned about family coverage over there. Will I be covered if I am already pregnant or does that matter? SECOND: I am hearing all kinds of thingS about working for KBR...If anyone has any info about the company in general, PLEASE share it with me. I am concerned and confused! THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Operator bill in west linn, Oregon said: I have been looking for information myself on working over there. a supervisor had told me he could get me in at 140,000 a year. all i have to do is email him my resume'. he does not have enough detail.

as far as the insurance, i would think that you would be covered....my daughter enrolled for insurance after she concieved and she was covered... find out who the insurance will be through, what plan will cover you. talk to them

Hey Bill. Let me know how you do with KBR. I too am interested in going elsewhere for work. Don't care where it is. Its awful, isnt it ? All our experience going to waste.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

I'm still trying to make the decision whether or not to go to that exteme..........i have my family here and all. one of my daughters and my grandkids have been staying with us while her husband is in iraq for the past 7 months..... it's been very difficult for her.......
It is very good money,, but my wife and i aren't doing so well and i'm afraid she will spend all the money,,, then it will be for nothing........

i'll let you know.....gl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I appreciate you writing back to a total stranger. Please keep me in mind if your supervisor needs a recruit for any other positions. I think I am a good candidate and have been coried by the Government before to plow at Logan Airport. If you like I can send either of you my resume. Thanks again for the writeback.

Ed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

I will be sending in my resume' probably tomorrow, when i submit it, I will ask. He had told me they were looking for operators and heavy equipment Mechanics.
I'll let you know.........Bill

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts said: I appreciate you writing back to a total stranger. Please keep me in mind if your supervisor needs a recruit for any other positions. I think I am a good candidate and have been coried by the Government before to plow at Logan Airport. If you like I can send either of you my resume. Thanks again for the writeback.

Ed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I appreciate that alot.And I understand that there are no promises. I would have not even suggested it, had I not thought that I was qualified in any way. But my resume and records are ready for viewing. If I got something\anything in the line of work, it would save my credit from ruin. I have been struggling to dwindle down my debt for the last 5 years now. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

samuel in Reading, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

hi
pls excuse spelling

im a resent operator grad and i was given a 5 page booklet on kbr.
if you shoot me an email and posabley fax # all tell send you all i know.
heosmcdonough@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sheye in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

67 months ago

samuel in Reading, Pennsylvania said: hi
pls excuse spelling

im a resent operator grad and i was given a 5 page booklet on kbr.
if you shoot me an email and posabley fax # all tell send you all i know.
heosmcdonough@yahoo.com

Hey can you send me info on KBR also my email is sheyeurs@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Masters68@Verizon.Net

Thanks for all the help everyone. Ed B.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carl in Lansford, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

samuel in Reading, Pennsylvania said: hi
pls excuse spelling

im a resent operator grad and i was given a 5 page booklet on kbr.
if you shoot me an email and posabley fax # all tell send you all i know.
heosmcdonough@yahoo.com

Where did you recently graduate from? Heavy Equipment School?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I am not a recent graduate, but I did go to the Peterson School in Woburn MA. Around 1998 I think. I have been operating anything rubber tired for the last 10-12 years off and on. But I have had solid stints of operating for 3 years in a row.

Ed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Donnie1030 in Molalla, Oregon

67 months ago

Ive been a heavy equipment operator for over 20 years,The lady at kbr told me I need to show certificates on dozer,excavator,backhoe etc.....Ive never heard of that in my whole carrier!Im a journey man operator out of my local,even they said they don't give out certs for that equipment,And they have there own operator school! just crane & fork lift is what they told me, Im thinking I talked to somebody that doesn't know what she's talking about!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

i actually took some courses through my local that were a week long each for dozer, backhoe, excavator, gradechecking and crane... they were really just a "tips and tricks" type of training... that's the kind of stuff that gives us an "edge".. they gave me a certificate for each one.... but it doesn't mean it's full fledged training...
i'm like you,, got my experience in the field for 15 years..... started as a laborer and a business agent watched me running bobcat, (that equipment is not exclusive to operating engineers in washington state) and asked when i would like to come to them,,, he set me up pretty good....

go to next post... not enough room..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

yeah, i think it's interesting how they are asking for certificates when there really isn't a way to get one unless you attend one of those "wanna be" courses that they charge you $12,000 for,, and those people that take those courses don't really get anything except for a little seat time to become familiar....Nobody can call themselves an "operator" after one of those courses as far as i am concerned..

anyhow,, i was going to sit down last week and send my resume' and call him, but i cannot find his business card.... i didn't directly work for him,, he was on the job site as safety officer for URS.. big time safety analysis company all over the world,, that is why he is my connection to overseas jobs.... i'll find it sooner or later,,, he is no longer at the site i was at,, but i'll find him... i'll keep you posted.

there are a lot of jobs as civil servant,, go to usajobs.gov it takes a while to get all of your information pumped into their system, but once you do...all you have to do is click a couple of times to apply to everything you find..

Engineering equipment operator........that is what they call us. use that phrase for your searches.
also go to : chart.donhr.navy.mil/index.asp and use DON5716 for the job number search,, you have to sign
well, that'll give you something to do anyway... i'll keep you posted.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Thank you very much for all your help. Its o.k. about your contact. Like I said before no promises. It will turn up. Hopefully I can find something else in the mean time. Its been tough, but this is life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

It is a shame that some people do have the "atitude" that they know it all. But there are also those, who do know alot, and are safety conscious and serious about their work. Lets not be too hasty in our angst of others that may spoil it. Everybody is different. But I do see your point. That sometimes others that give the position a bad name, may slip through the cracks and land a job, when there is someone better at said position. I know at your age I do not have to say "thats life". Lets hold our heads up and hope for the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Donnie1030 in Molalla, Oregon

67 months ago

First of all, those schools don't teach these new guy's to the industry every thing, it's funny how the new hands that come out of the school paid for it and still have alot to learn.The best solution is to start out with a company running equipment on spare time then they will see your potential and start you from there!The schools have some good basic's but there is alot that the schools need to add in there program,Ive been doing this for over twenty years and still learning better tricks of the trade,the day you wake up and think you know it all is the day you need to hang it up,that's with any trade!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Agreed, that is probably the best way to learn. There needs to be an order of business and a learning curve for anything that is desired to be learned. It just sounds like alot of people here are condemning people that may have learned differently. This means that "everybody" that learned indifferently is a risk or a bad operator ? This unschooled bunch may be fewest of the pool for being a good operator as compared to the schooled that know what their doing, but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. How about a comparable. I am friends with successful millionaires that have a 10th grade education. They may lack a certain all around limited education by record (Diploma,PHD,or Masters) but they show plenty of business savvy and hard work ethic by deed. If I were to be able to choose a President of our country for 6 months, I would probably take a chance on one of these people. Certainly could not do much worse for coming up with a budget plan for "the people" than our last Pres, or the present one from Harvard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carl in Lansford, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

Start out with a company running equipment in your spare time? Just what a company wants to hear. What you get from lack of no knowledge is Broken equipment, smashed equipment,injuries, law suites, higher insurance costs,lost performance bonds, upset clients. Remember someone has to paying for them to learn,so you suggest put this training on the client, that alone will put a company out of business by word of mouth between the developers. I'd rather the interested person showing his interest in the trade by getting some knowledge first at a school before they subject my equipment to abuse. I don't want my operators tied up training new people, I need them producing and earth moving.
Remember, its a career with a life long learning curve. NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW ANY SUBJECT FULLY COMMING OUT OF SCHOOL, EVEN THE KNOW IT ALL LAWYER'S AND DOCTORS)EVEN THEY ATTEND SCHOOLS!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts said: Thank you very much for all your help. Its o.k. about your contact. Like I said before no promises. It will turn up. Hopefully I can find something else in the mean time. Its been tough, but this is life.

hey ed,,

i made some phone calls today and was able to get his number,, but i could only leave a message... i'm sure he will call back with the information. as soon as he does, i'll let you know. unfortunately, i will be out of town for about 10 days to move one of my kidss back to San Diego.......At least I'll get away from the rain here in oregon....I don't have a cell phone anymore....but, i will check with my kids while i'm gone....

One step closer anyway! I made a lot of calls today,, things aren't looking too good........that's ok, i can handle a little more vacation time..........

I'll talk to you soon. Bill

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon said: hey ed,,

i made some phone calls today and was able to get his number,, but i could only leave a message... i'm sure he will call back with the information. as soon as he does, i'll let you know. unfortunately, i will be out of town for about 10 days to move one of my kidss back to San Diego.......At least I'll get away from the rain here in oregon....I don't have a cell phone anymore....but, i will check with my kids while i'm gone....

One step closer anyway! I made a lot of calls today,, things aren't looking too good........that's ok, i can handle a little more vacation time..........

I'll talk to you soon. Bill

Note: As far as people going to "schools" to get a start,,, I agree that it is a good Idea for those who are trying to get a start...it teaches them the basics of safety,techniques, and machine maintence,, etc...

What gets me, is I have heard a lot of negativity among those who have attended those courses.. most were charged an average of $12,000. and now that they have completed the course and recieved their certificate,,they are having a hard time finding employers who will even recognize that accomplishment..

rightfully so,, because all that certificate is saying is,, "I have the basics, will you let me learn?" sadly. and on top of it, they are deep in debt..

I started out as a laborer for 8 years. i watched, listened and learned from the ground up.... I worked my way up and the company i worked for allowed me to run their bobcat and noticed i had potential..... One day a union rep. with operating engineers saw me and asked if i would like to join....the rest is history..
continued.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

67 months ago

I had a background with heavy equipment in the air force and my folks had a small hoe,dozer and dumptruck that i used when growing up..... but to really have a confident idea on how to operate, comes from understanding everyone elses job too.

I try to do things that will minimize the work that other trades will have to do to complete their task.... having done other trade work has given me an understanding of how much "work" is really involved in what they do........ if I can save them an hour of man hours by taking that extra couple scoops of dirt or whatever, then i feel i am doing my job..

I've seen a lot of operators leave a mess for "others" and expect that it is there job to deal with it.. to some degree, i agree that laborers have the job to labor and it's the machines job to produce,,,,but i'm talking about taking care and using good technique, not being sloppy to begin with, to ensure that my labor can get on to the next phase without wasting time cleaning and fine tuning what i do..

anyway, i gotta finish getting ready for my trip.... I'll catch up in a few days.........later..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon said: hey ed,,

i made some phone calls today and was able to get his number,, but i could only leave a message... i'm sure he will call back with the information. as soon as he does, i'll let you know. unfortunately, i will be out of town for about 10 days to move one of my kidss back to San Diego.......At least I'll get away from the rain here in oregon....I don't have a cell phone anymore....but, i will check with my kids while i'm gone....

One step closer anyway! I made a lot of calls today,, things aren't looking too good........that's ok, i can handle a little more vacation time..........

I'll talk to you soon. Bill

Thanks Bill. These things take time. I'll be like an Army recruit in field maneuver training. I'll hurry up and wait. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Carl in Lansford, Pennsylvania said: Start out with a company running equipment in your spare time? Just what a company wants to hear. What you get from lack of no knowledge is Broken equipment, smashed equipment,injuries, law suites, higher insurance costs,lost performance bonds, upset clients. Remember someone has to paying for them to learn,so you suggest put this training on the client, that alone will put a company out of business by word of mouth between the developers. I'd rather the interested person showing his interest in the trade by getting some knowledge first at a school before they subject my equipment to abuse. I don't want my operators tied up training new people, I need them producing and earth moving.
Remember, its a career with a life long learning curve. NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW ANY SUBJECT FULLY COMMING OUT OF SCHOOL, EVEN THE KNOW IT ALL LAWYER'S AND DOCTORS)EVEN THEY ATTEND SCHOOLS!!!!!!!

We seem to be re-iterating each others points. I understand and fully believe what you are saying. I also never said to put a new student in the seat right away to go full throttle. My point was, that if a company hires a person, that no matter where they came from, worked, schooled or not has no bearing on his\her capabilities. The Co. that hires them should have someone in place to evaluate an employee within a day of whether they can operate to a high standard or not. For instance I know of a company that I worked for in the past that used to do something very simple. New employeee gets taken out to the Co's equipment yard on a Sat or Sun. The new employee is supervised by the Co foreman on each piece of equipment that he\she said that they could operate on their application. Anybody knows that this can be done in less than a day. If anyone should be able to critique an operator for your Co, it had better be your foreman who is essentially running your jobs and your Co. Now all the problems you were talking about have been solved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nevada drennan in Billings, Montana

66 months ago

in concern to a few comments i have read here one i have just had a friend come back from over seas working for kbr. he had also told me about operator jobs over there but i have been unable to locate on any websites. i have been an operator for 13 years and for the 4 years have been foreman/ superintendent for a small asphalt company. any help getting pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. also i would like to comment on the operator schools i have trianed many people and i have found that some would benifit from a school while others have better luck being trained old school but i feel that EVERY SINGLE PERSON SHOULD START AT THE BOTTOM WITH A SHOVEL that said i have given anyone the chance to try the ones that realy get me are the self cliamed operators that cant find where to check the oil agian i would like any help that someone might have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

66 months ago

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts said: I appreciate you writing back to a total stranger. Please keep me in mind if your supervisor needs a recruit for any other positions. I think I am a good candidate and have been coried by the Government before to plow at Logan Airport. If you like I can send either of you my resume. Thanks again for the writeback.

Ed

HI ED,,

Sorry it took so long,, I had a heck of a time getting ahold of him,,, but I finally got the information..

I can forward your resume' for you. He said that would be fine.

you can send it to mrbwells@yahoo.com

gotta go for now........post a comment here when you do it so i will be notified.. i don't check that email very often

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

66 months ago

Thanks again Bill. If something happens, it happens. Im just happy for the chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

66 months ago

no problem,, He said these jobs are all "in House jobs" so hiring is all about who you know.. they are not advertised.

when he submits the resume' he will know what is available and will email me back and let me know........did not give a time frame though.....I know he is a pretty busy guy

I'll retrieve your resume' and get it sent to him tomorrow for you... Just glad I could restore a little hope

I know how depressed I get when nothing is happening.....gets to the point i just don't care anymore.. That's why i kept this little nugget in my back pocket.... so i could keep lookin' up.

we both need it....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

66 months ago

Once again, I cannot thank you enough for the effort. How bout I owe you a tall frothy Guiness at some point. I don't care where you live. If I got one year of work overseas, I would take my time and money just to buy you one drink. Not to mention the wife and I will need a vacation at some point. Take your time and talk to ya later.

Ed Bigelow

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

66 months ago

sounds good to me partner....

Say, Tod wants to know what specific types of construction position you would Like to apply for. Your resume' does not specify.

are you looking for Carpenter work, Operator work, or both?

Get back to me on that, and we'll get this thing rolling

I'll be watching for your reply.........Bill

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

66 months ago

I am what you would call a Carpenters helper or Apprentice. I work really well at the demolition aspect of this work. If you tell me to frame you a wall with triples and a box for an electrical fixture, and give me the dimensions, I can do that in like 15 minutes. But you'll have to tell me what to do next. I can't be left alone to read blue prints and do it myself. However, I can trim out most anything from casing windows to baseboard to doorways. I know how to safely use all the tools affiliated with this trade. Simply put though I would like an operators position. But I am pretty mechanically inclined to help in a shop as well. I used to assist the master mechanics on union jobs all the time, and they loved me helping them. So even if there were a combination job of operating and helping around the shop before during or after work, I would love the variation in work. I am not only a hard worker, but a good one who is safety conscious. I know more than the basics. I know my way around a shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Knoxville, Tennessee

66 months ago

Hello,

Anyone with some info on overseas operator positions I would appreciate it. I am located in Knoxville, Tn and it's dead here. Overseas is where I've heard it's at right now, but don't know.

lonestarexcavating@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheye in Kamuela, Hawaii

66 months ago

hey if anyone sends you info can you send me the same. it's dead here in hawaii too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheye in Kamuela, Hawaii

66 months ago

Sheababy in Dyersburg, Tennessee said: I need all the info I can get about KBR in Iraq. My fiance is getting ready to go over there this month to be a crane operator and I have stumbled across this sight. Main Question:INSURANCE! I am pregnant and we were concerned about family coverage over there. Will I be covered if I am already pregnant or does that matter? SECOND: I am hearing all kinds of thingS about working for KBR...If anyone has any info about the company in general, PLEASE share it with me. I am concerned and confused! THANKS!

Hey Shea,
So I take it that your fiance is already in Iraq? Could you email me when you get this reply. I have some specific questions for you. Our email is s.heyeurs@yahoo.com I would really appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheye in Kamuela, Hawaii

66 months ago

sheye in Kamuela, Hawaii said: Hey Shea,
So I take it that your fiance is already in Iraq? Could you email me when you get this reply. I have some specific questions for you. Our email is s.heyeurs@yahoo.com I would really appreciate it

Sorry the email is sheyeurs@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

66 months ago

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts said: I am what you would call a Carpenters helper or Apprentice. I work really well at the demolition aspect of this work. If you tell me to frame you a wall with triples and a box for an electrical fixture, and give me the dimensions, I can do that in like 15 minutes. But you'll have to tell me what to do next. I can't be left alone to read blue prints and do it myself. However, I can trim out most anything from casing windows to baseboard to doorways. I know how to safely use all the tools affiliated with this trade. Simply put though I would like an operators position. But I am pretty mechanically inclined to help in a shop as well. I used to assist the master mechanics on union jobs all the time, and they loved me helping them. So even if there were a combination job of operating and helping around the shop before during or after work, I would love the variation in work. I am not only a hard worker, but a good one who is safety conscious. I know more than the basics. I know my way around a shop.
Did I mention that since the winter of 1995 to 2006 I have done snowplowing for Aero Snowlift at Logan Airport. I mostly just loaded melters. But I was on the Tar-Mac and terminals, where you need experience and must be able to safely work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

66 months ago

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts said: Did I mention that since the winter of 1995 to 2006 I have done snowplowing for Aero Snowlift at Logan Airport. I mostly just loaded melters. But I was on the Tar-Mac and terminals, where you need experience and must be able to safely work.

alright ed... It's sent into him.. i'll email him at the end of the week and see if he's gotten anywhere with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ed of MA in Milford, Massachusetts

66 months ago

Thanks again. Hope you got my additional info about plowing and so forth. Again I was working in a constant state of safety. I had to watch out for planes,baggage handlers, their vehicles, Massport vehicles, plane washers, other operators, etc etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rockman42 in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

I just was recently terminated from my job and I wouls like to know how to go about getting information on this heavy equipment operators needed in Iraq or middle east?? Anyone send me info PLEASE!!! Thanks 387

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reilly in Lebanon

65 months ago

Hi guys. The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.
I am from Lanka and also now am reading in English, please tell me right I wrote the following sentence: "Chinese new year airfares finding cheap airfares, discounted airline tickets, and bargain travel deals."

THX :-(, Reilly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eman in Charlotte, North Carolina

64 months ago

Operator bill in west linn, Oregon said: I have been looking for information myself on working over there. a supervisor had told me he could get me in at 140,000 a year. all i have to do is email him my resume'. he does not have enough detail.

as far as the insurance, i would think that you would be covered....my daughter enrolled for insurance after she concieved and she was covered... find out who the insurance will be through, what plan will cover you. talk to them

Opeartor Bill
I can go anytime to Iraq or Afghanistan as Heavy Truck Driver i have 4+ years of Experience on my belt clean driving record no accident no moving violastions.
Clean back ground check ready to be deployed let me know if you know anyone who can help out
Thank you
God Bless You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hendo in Montgomery, Alabama

64 months ago

also lookin for operator work out of the country if anybody can help or point me in the right direction that would be great! im 25 and was a operator with a company for 11yrs then was laid off last nov. since then ive been telemarketing and happended to b talkin to someone that had a son workin in iraq as a civilion makin 80k a yr. id really like to get into that. i can run exavators, dozers, and most any dirt moving equip. im the kind of operator that opbill was talkin abt. im very detailed with my work in that when im done with what im doin its perfect no one has to go behind me to do anything. i like to do something good enough that it makes it easier for whoever works behind me. i can do a job faster than most and still make it look as good as anybody else or better. i work well off grades when the job calls for it but i have a very good eye and dont have to have grades to lead me. anyway i would like to go over there and work for a yr or a lil more. my wife is in school full time and works full time for another yr so i cant be with her much and there isnt much work here. so a yr over there makin good money would be great and maybe after that she will be done bein so busy and i can come home and work. if anybody could point me in the right direction or where to look that would be great!!! ty Jason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon

64 months ago

check out companies such as URS corporation, KBR. sorry, don't have the actual links with me right now....you can set up a profile and apply to jobs with them. worldwide companies good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hendo in Montgomery, Alabama

64 months ago

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon said: check out companies such as URS corporation, KBR. sorry, don't have the actual links with me right now....you can set up a profile and apply to jobs with them. worldwide companies good luck

hey ty very much ill check in and see what i can do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Divitiacus in Louisville, Kentucky

63 months ago

Samuel, please send me any information you have on KBR. You can send to my e-mail. Divitiacus@insightbb.com

samuel in Reading, Pennsylvania said: hi
pls excuse spelling

im a resent operator grad and i was given a 5 page booklet on kbr.
if you shoot me an email and posabley fax # all tell send you all i know.
heosmcdonough@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

twofeathers1234@yahoo.com in Marysville, California

63 months ago

opbill55 in Oregon City, Oregon said: no problem,, He said these jobs are all "in House jobs" so hiring is all about who you know.. they are not advertised.

when he submits the resume' he will know what is available and will email me back and let me know........did not give a time frame though.....I know he is a pretty busy guy

I'll retrieve your resume' and get it sent to him tomorrow for you... Just glad I could restore a little hope

I know how depressed I get when nothing is happening.....gets to the point i just don't care anymore.. That's why i kept this little nugget in my back pocket.... so i could keep lookin' up.

we both need it....

Hi Bill in Orgen City Or.I,am 57 years old,Been a Heavey Duty Truck Driver,teamsters 174 Seattle Wa. for 3years,OTR driver 4 10 years,I would like to go overseas for work,can you do any thing for me on the line of helping me with that. I would apperiset it so much. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BaldBaBoon in Fleet, United Kingdom

63 months ago

Hello all

Just to give you a little insight into working for KBR in IRAQ/Kuwait.Worked for them last year for a short time before I resigned due to great concern in the way the crane,s were not being correctly maintained by non-qualified mechanics and several other serious safety concerns.

You do not need a crane licence, I was shocked by this as back in Europe you have to go through a substantial and regulated licensing system to legally prove your are capable of operating these machines.You might think this unneeded but it ensures only competent people work with you and the very low accident rates speak for themselves.

The system in use in the middle-east is you have a decades out of date paper test on procedures that were abandoned in the late 1970,s in the rest of the world and a practical test from another operator.Do not expect to be taught how to use a crane in-depth,considering you are working in high heat and soft shifting sands and a very equipment adverse environment....just enough to get the job done.

The money is as nowhere as good as they advertise,you are almost at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to pay.This is especially annoying as crane operators are normally classed as highly skilled operators and get the pay to prove it....In this job you are expected to not just run the cranes but also run forklifts and container movers for the same amount of money as a normal forklift operator.

The hours are a basic non-overtime 12 hour shift,seven days a week...no rest days.But if you are not based on camp you also have the travel time and security clearence time to contend with ( and NOT being paid for this )....so up at 04:30 in the morning to breakfast/travel/security to get to shift start on time...30 minutes for lunch ( unpaid ) then finally get back to your basic flat about 19:30 or later in a worst case scenario.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

STEVE.J59@HOTMAIL.COM in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

Sheababy in Dyersburg, Tennessee said: I need all the info I can get about KBR in Iraq. My fiance is getting ready to go over there this month to be a crane operator and I have stumbled across this sight. Main Question:INSURANCE! I am pregnant and we were concerned about family coverage over there. Will I be covered if I am already pregnant or does that matter? SECOND: I am hearing all kinds of thingS about working for KBR...If anyone has any info about the company in general, PLEASE share it with me. I am concerned and confused! THANKS!

I DONT HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT OVER THERE BUT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET A JOB OVER THERE FOR THE LONGEST I'M A LEVEL 1 CERTIFIED HEAVY EQUIPTMENT OPERATOR FOR BACKHOU ,FORKLIFT,SKIDSTEER,WHEEL LOADER,BULLDOZER AND MOTOR GRADER ,AND HAVE BEEN OPERATING AN OVERHEAD CRANE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS AND I HAVE CLASS-A-C.D.L. WITH TANKER ENDORSEMENT IF YOU HEAR ABOUT ANY OPENINGS OVER THERE FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS PLEASE GIVE ME HEADS UP I'D REALY APRECIATE IT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

akundermekilt@yahoo.com in Denver, Colorado

62 months ago

i ran into a prob. trying to find crane operator jobs but no one would touch me. i went and got my cco cert and have over 3 years in the seat of large cranes in the oil feild. still cant find a job. can anyone help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott Wycoff in La Habra, California

62 months ago

Hi, im Scott Wycoff! I started operating with my dad at age 12 im 52! I operate all sizes all kinds of equipment!! Can YOU HELP ME!!!!! Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.