I'm loooking for an IE to interview (very quick)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Michael Battaglia in Rochester, New York

83 months ago

Hello,

I'm a high school student who is doing a report on Industrial Engineering and I need to interview an IE. The interview can be done via email and it will not take longer than 5 minutes. If you can do this for me, please email me at michael_battaglia@yahoo.com

Thank you,
-Mike B.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Battaglia in Rochester, New York

83 months ago

Carlos Valencia in Tampa, Florida said: If you want, I can help you out with your questionary. My email is JUANCAVPHOTMAIL.COM

Thanks, I'll be sending you an email shortly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rick Royer in Chandler, Arizona

46 months ago

Michael Battaglia in Rochester, New York said: Hello,

I'm a high school student who is doing a report on Industrial Engineering and I need to interview an IE. The interview can be done via email and it will not take longer than 5 minutes. If you can do this for me, please email me at michael_battaglia@yahoo.com

Thank you,
-Mike B.

Hello Mike,

My name is Rick Royer and I am a Sr. Industrial Engineer with 20+ years experience in both manufacturing and distribution industries. I am also a professor at Western International University in Phoenix, AZ. You may email me at rbroyer@cox.net

Hope your report goes well.

-Rick Royer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fred Thompson in Cerritos, California

43 months ago

Michael Battaglia in Rochester, New York said: Hello,
I'm an unemployed Industrial Engineer with 20+ of experience. Having worked in the following
industries rubber, precision machining (gas valves), telephonery (electronics) , solar water
heating (new plant start up ), and last and certainly the least aerospace ("The Lazy B").
I have been the victim of NAFTA on three different occasions, the last of which I was told
to come in and clean out my office on the last day of my use it or lose it vacation days.
I would like to relate more of my working experiences in order however, I will shift gears
and discuss the Industrial Engineering profession.
First, no two organization are ever the same. If you are knowledgeable and principled in the basics you will be able to adapt and even improve working environments. Most organizations are dynamic, always in a state of change. Change which can be both good and bad. There are no job descriptions and management is always in flux. Flux for example can
be things like "In Search of Excellence", "The One Minute Manager", "The Win-Win Situation",
and the latest I have reviewed is "Six Sigma". I could almost laugh, if it were not so tragic: Same basics, new marketing. Let me reiterate, knowledge (a lot of common sense),
principles (without principles how can you have any values?), and the basic tasks (proficiency). Nothing goes as planned, contingencies are necessities. Think ahead.
Remember those that are one step ahead are thought of as genius; those who think two steps ahead are idiots. Attitude is everything, not over baring, always a good listener, more important is always be polite. You are working with people. I strongly recommend that one
should get to know the people and the organization before attempting any changes.
Industrial Engineering is both a science and an art. You will find great differences in
college curriculum and the real world.
OUT OF ROOM IN THE BOX. WILL EMAIL MORE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.