I have an insurance license and just been charged with felony

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Johnny in Austin, Texas

59 months ago

I am a licensed P&C agent in TX who's just been charged with felony by the state of TX for credit card fraud for less than $100. I am placed on deffered adjudication and probation for 3 years. My lawyer says that it is not a conviction and after 5 years, I qualify for sealing my records from public but not expunction.
I fully intend to pay for what I did and right this wrong, but I don't want this to ruin my life.
Anyway, my question is will the state find out about my case and if so, will it revoke my license? Can I obtain a life and health license and be appointed by insurance companies? Can you help me please or can you direct me to the right place?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim Jinright in Flower Mound, Texas

58 months ago

Johnny you should always disclose these matters as the law requires such. In today's technology based world people will find out about everything. The important thing is that you are taking action steps to change your life for the better. The insurance industry is a good career choice for most but it is also saturated. Don't forget about all the mortgage people that have flooded the insurance industry. If you find that you can't get a license you might look into some type of direct sales that markets on the internet. Lastly, you could consult with an attorney who might be able to remove the felony status. Good luck and be proud that you are telling people the truth! If it makes you feel better Tim Allen the actor also had a issue, now he stars in Christmas movies! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.