Currently tele-sales ... working from home ... better options out there?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Wiley in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Hi folks,

I'm currently an agent with a large insurance carrier selling life insurance, tele-sales over the phone. Obviously, this arrangement means that my marketing, office, supplies, etc are all paid for.

However, I've got some issues with the hours and with the folks I work for, and am wondering what better options are out there. I like the company I work for, so I've been thinking of going independent with them.

Are there similar tele-sales jobs out there for reputable, A+ companies? Or am I better going independent, busting my ass for a while, and getting to a point where I can make my own hours and live the lifestyle I want?

What do you guys think? Happy to answer any more specific questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Phyllis in Downers Grove, Illinois

55 months ago

Hi Wiley,

I've been managing life insurance sales centers for 15-years. Agents who sell well in a sales center can do very well outside if they can get quality leads. If not, it's really hard and you have to be patient and willing to spend money to market yourself or buy leads.

I do have former sales center reps working for me as independent agents now and doing well financially. They sell life insurance with most of the A rated companies. Let me know if you want guidance or have any questions.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wiley in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Hi Phyllis,

My only concern is moving to an arrangement where I'm selling for multiple companies. I've dealt primarily in life insurance with one company only, and my question in transition to selling in the field is really if I should stay with the company I've been with or try to stake it out on my own.

Also, I've been tele-commuting for the three years I've lived in my area and haven't gotten to know too many people. Is there an effective, but relatively cheap, way to prospect and get initial leads so I can build a book of business?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

goldentim in Kansas City, Missouri

3 months ago

I work from home with a great company, I take inbound calls and follow up on applications that other agents werent able to get to. I LOVE IT!

NO COST FOR LEADS EITHER

If you haven't found anything to suit you let me know...

Tim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kychapa

3 months ago

goldentim in Kansas City, Missouri said: I work from home with a great company, I take inbound calls and follow up on applications that other agents werent able to get to. I LOVE IT!

NO COST FOR LEADS EITHER

Tim

Hi Tim
I am interested to know about the company you mention. I am licensed in health, life, property, and casualty. I work for a State Farm but I would rather work from home.
Please let me know, thanks

Keith in Concord, North Carolina

1 month ago

goldentim in Kansas City, Missouri said: I work from home with a great company, I take inbound calls and follow up on applications that other agents werent able to get to. I LOVE IT!

NO COST FOR LEADS EITHER

Tim

Can you give me some info on the company, what is the commission level and is it final expense your selling. Most companies want to pay you up to $800 a week and I can do that with 2 apps. I am in Charlotte and want to work from home.

1 month ago

Looking to work from home but everybody I have talked with wants to give me $25 per application or up to $800 per week and, is there anybody that does live transfers, even if you were getting 50% since the transfers are free with 3 written apps a day 5 days a week,at $40 per application (50% - $20.00) with a 9 month advance, that would be $3,600 a week. If you only did 2 apps a day that would give you $2,400 week. We all know IMO's and FMO's get 120 to 150 level contracting.

joleesays in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania

18 days ago

Keith in Concord, North Carolina said: Looking to work from home but everybody I have talked with wants to give me $25 per application or up to $800 per week and, is there anybody that does live transfers, even if you were getting 50% since the transfers are free with 3 written apps a day 5 days a week,at $40 per application (50% - $20.00) with a 9 month advance, that would be $3,600 a week. If you only did 2 apps a day that would give you $2,400 week. We all know IMO's and FMO's get 120 to 150 level contracting.

www.lifeagentalliance.com/careers.htm

joleesays in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania

18 days ago

Wiley in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: Hi folks,

I'm currently an agent with a large insurance carrier selling life insurance, tele-sales over the phone. Obviously, this arrangement means that my marketing, office, supplies, etc are all paid for.

However, I've got some issues with the hours and with the folks I work for, and am wondering what better options are out there. I like the company I work for, so I've been thinking of going independent with them.

Are there similar tele-sales jobs out there for reputable, A+ companies? Or am I better going independent, busting my ass for a while, and getting to a point where I can make my own hours and live the lifestyle I want?

What do you guys think? Happy to answer any more specific questions.

Where are you working now?

16 days ago

Who do you work for, I had one that wanted to pay $25 per app and no renewals and I said no, yes you can make 2 - 3 thousand a week but you have to do 8 hours a day. The company is called Oracle so dont waste your time with them.

16 days ago

NO COST FOR LEADS EITHER

Tim

Can you give me contact info on the company. Thanks for your help

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.