Insurance Companies to work for???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 183)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Mr Buckeye in Ohio

74 months ago

I have over 10 years of sales experience and am looking for a reputable insurance company/general agent that offers an array of insurance products such as life, ltc, disability, final expense etc. I need just basic training on their system. I'm looking for a that company to provide a decent lead system where I will not go broke. I am in SE Michigan/NW Ohio. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (118) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Louise in London, United Kingdom

65 months ago

Well if your looking for something in a different region or even in the UK then the company i used to work for (Constructaquote) covers many areas of insurance such as business insurance, car insurance, retail insurance, and actually compare their prices with other companies so you don't waste time doing it yourself! They also give quotes for different area's in liability which was very useful and they took the time to train me as i had never worked in that area before.
Its a friendly environment and they would have no problems showing you the ropes.
Hope this can offer you something.
[Contact information has been removed by a forum moderator]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Simon in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

Check out northwestern mutual. They are AAA rated from every rating agency , give super training, an office support staff, and $4000 sign on bonus!!!!!! email me if you want more details.

P.S. im not a recruited i just started working for them 6 months ago and i love it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Simon in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

email. Simon1940@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

cdejac in Warren, Ohio

57 months ago

Simon in Brooklyn, New York said: Check out northwestern mutual. They are AAA rated from every rating agency , give super training, an office support staff, and $4000 sign on bonus!!!!!! email me if you want more details.

P.S. im not a recruited i just started working for them 6 months ago and i love it

Do you know if they have any offices in NE Ohio? I just passed my life exam in OHIO and waiting for the license application to be approved.

I had been working for my step son in-law with his annuities firm as his personal secretary until recently. We had some personal differences and unfortunately, we didn't part on good terms.

Does anyone have any advice? I am 58 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wayne McFee in Tulsa, Oklahoma

56 months ago

I'm looking to transition into a new career. I have been in the military for 10 yrs. Have no sales experiece. Currently looking to go into insurance sales
I have talked to some of my family and they think insurance sales would be a great fit. I have also been on a few interviews with some insurance companies. The expectations of these companies seem that you need to have money in order to start. Is there any companies that offer a training salary until you get residuals coming in?
In am in NW Okla. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CAWealthPlanner in Bakersfield, California

56 months ago

Wayne McFee in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I'm looking to transition into a new career. I have been in the military for 10 yrs. Have no sales experiece. Currently looking to go into insurance sales
I have talked to some of my family and they think insurance sales would be a great fit. I have also been on a few interviews with some insurance companies. The expectations of these companies seem that you need to have money in order to start. Is there any companies that offer a training salary until you get residuals coming in?
In am in NW Okla. Any suggestions?

Wayne, I don't know anyone who offers a training salary in this industry but we offer a way for you to make an income while you're in the process of getting licensed, trained, and your business up and running. Through us you can get a commission through our marketing division that will help you as you go through the processes of our financial division. We are a national insurance marketing company that offers our agents to own a piece of the pie for our company is Agent owned. 75% commission to start, overrides for people you bring into the company, profit sharing and stock options.
Go to my profile and email me and I'll get more information to you. I don't believe I can post company information in here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

kiki in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

there are seveal company that can trained you, Florida no-fault, trust way insurance, and mom/pap insurance sometimes do hired and trained later you need to take class or go to school. State farm/All State insurance also do hired but you have 60 to 90 days to go and get your license. You can also take classes online with Gold coast Insurance School they offer class online and there are classes you can take online that are cheaper. go to the staed insurance department in your stated website there should be a list of school that you can take class and do the stated requirement along with background test, fingure print and pay the stated fee. Good luck hope that help. I am an agent down here in FL, keep in mind you will need to also do continue education whenever the stated said so. Been in the insurance world is not fun and also deal with the stated the running around can be a headache and a challenge if you do not have the patient or the care I would not advice you to do this as a career or a job alos customers can be pretty nasty when it come to their insurance sometimes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

cdejac in Warren, Ohio

55 months ago

I live in NE Ohio and just got my life/variable annuities license and I really need a job! I filled in the New York Life application form online but never heard back. Would love the training because I didn't get much from former employer who happened to be my step son in-law.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dan in Alpharetta, Georgia

55 months ago

Simon in Brooklyn, New York said: Check out northwestern mutual. They are AAA rated from every rating agency , give super training, an office support staff, and $4000 sign on bonus!!!!!! email me if you want more details.

Simon
How is going with NW Mutual. I am considering a career switch and would love to get your feedback as a person new to the field. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Miriam in Denver, Colorado

55 months ago

Simon, Thanks very much for this comment. I will certainly look into trying to get employment with Northwestern!

Miriam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cmarkell@cox.net in Scottsdale, Arizona

55 months ago

HI
Would you kindly e-mail me as I am recently licensed and am getting a run around with the company I started with and I want to know the best with some trainging

thx
carol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CEO in Lewis Center, Ohio

53 months ago

cdejac in Warren, Ohio said: I live in NE Ohio and just got my life/variable annuities license and I really need a job! I filled in the New York Life application form online but never heard back. Would love the training because I didn't get much from former employer who happened to be my step son in-law.

Dear N E ohio

I would beware of the mutual firms and any MLM companies. The big mutuals will teach you to push whole life insurance and that is about it. The financial services industry is changing and independent knowledgeable firms are the future. I own a small independent firm in Columbus and Marietta Ohio and we have been very fortunate to grow on our client first mantra. It truly is an advantage to be able to customize polices and portfolios to suit the client without corporate pressure or production requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CEO in Lewis Center, Ohio

53 months ago

cdejac in Warren, Ohio said: Do you know if they have any offices in NE Ohio? I just passed my life exam in OHIO and waiting for the license application to be approved.

I had been working for my step son in-law with his annuities firm as his personal secretary until recently. We had some personal differences and unfortunately, we didn't part on good terms.

Does anyone have any advice? I am 58 years.

Dear Annuity producer,

I own a growing financial services agency in several cities in Ohio and would be interested in hearing more about your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise Cavanaugh in Aliso Viejo, California

53 months ago

Mr Buckeye in Ohio said: I have over 10 years of sales experience and am looking for a reputable insurance company/general agent that offers an array of insurance products such as life, ltc, disability, final expense etc. I need just basic training on their system. I'm looking for a that company to provide a decent lead system where I will not go broke. I am in SE Michigan/NW Ohio. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Check out NYL in your area !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cdejac in Warren, Ohio

53 months ago

If you want to really work with a great insurance company, I would suggest Aflac. They offer a good compensation plan and you always have support when you need it. They educate employers to offer it to their employees. It is in addition to what the employee already gets. You are not going to people's homes, you are going to businesses to offer it to the employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

carol in Des Moines, Iowa

52 months ago

I've been in furniture sales for 6 years, and am thinking about getting into insurance sales. I am persistent and think I could do well. I have talked Insphere, Physician's Mutual, and Bankers Life. I am looking for a company to offer a portfolio with a variety to help in customizing for the client, has a hands-on training system available, a competitive compensation plan, and possible opportunity to invest in my own company.

Thanks, for your input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cdejac in Warren, Ohio

52 months ago

If you are looking for a reputable Insurance Company to represent, then I strongly advise Aflac. Aflac is rated #1, you educate the businesses about Aflac and the need for it for their employees. It enhances what insurance they may already have. Aflac has an impeccable training program. I highly recommend it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Weber in Fresno, California

52 months ago

carol in Des Moines, Iowa said: I've been in furniture sales for 6 years, and am thinking about getting into insurance sales. I am persistent and think I could do well. I have talked Insphere, Physician's Mutual, and Bankers Life. I am looking for a company to offer a portfolio with a variety to help in customizing for the client, has a hands-on training system available, a competitive compensation plan, and possible opportunity to invest in my own company.

Thanks, for your input.

Run as fast as you can from Insphere and Banker's Life. Trust me, been there done that. They are horrible companies to work for. Way too many broken promises.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

loves in Newark, New Jersey

52 months ago

The best place to started is to your stated, your stated should have a listed of all the Insurance Companies/agents included Brokers find the name of a few Insurance Company or mom and pap call them or stop by asked them how they started. When I had my Insurance agency in somewhere in 2007, I used to work with Insurance agency before then from an agency to a Big Insurance Company after years and years in the field I branch out. I put about $8,000 a side. rent a small office cost was $900 a month and I started passing out flying, I made a website with google and I told friends, families, mechanics, whenever I go to a gas stations I talked to everyone there passing out flyers and business card until I build my client tell I work at night while during the day I operated my own agency. When I sold in 2009 I had over 5,000 clients. I had to sale because my mom she was fighting breast cancer and she did not have health insurance, we thought she did but found out dad never made payment, furthermore she was not qualify for stated help, and my families did not have the money for doctors, operations, kimo, radiations and so forth, I had to make the hardest decision ever in my life. I sold what I had build in order to save a life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

pinkieleeoo in Smyrna, Georgia

52 months ago

Thank you for so much for your input but most of my business is hiring licensed life insurance agents around the country and now days with technology we train them via the web.I don't do a lot of personel production anylonger our focus is on growth of our agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JD Webb in Boise, Idaho

51 months ago

pinkieleeoo in Smyrna, Georgia said: Thank you for so much for your input but most of my business is hiring licensed life insurance agents around the country and now days with technology we train them via the web.I don't do a lot of personel production anylonger our focus is on growth of our agency.

We get a lot of new folks as well interested in joining our general agency. However, we are looking for captive agents interested in making higher commissions and having better variety of insurance carriers. I applaud new agent initiative, but, we are looking for folks that can show they have produced. We all know the longevity of an agent that has plenty of drive, but, can't sustain the first 6 months of building a sustainable book.

On the other hand, if you have a couple years experience, are producing, and interested in taking your career to the next level, we provide some of the best comiision splits in the industry. Currently in ID, NV, TX, CA, and OR. (and expanding) pcwm.com

Btighe in Frisco, Texas

51 months ago

Amelia Fritz in Dallas, Texas said: I own an independent insurance agency. Been very successful for over 5 years and absolutely love it.
We put the client first as is it most important to give them what they need in this current economic climate.

If interested please email me I can help point you in the right direction.

Would love to get some direction from someone about which companies to go with to get started in the insurance sector. Thanks, Brenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wondering? in Corona, California

50 months ago

Has anyone ever heard of American Income Life? Is it a good company to work with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed in Kenosha, Wisconsin

50 months ago

I obtained a Prop and Casualty license, but was unable to find work in Wisconsin. I met someone from Mutual of Omaha in Chicago. I will have to obtain health and life to work for them. They are interested in hiring me. I have NO experience. Had an interview that made me feel that they were the greatest company ever! But are they? Before I run out and pay for another license while unemployed, can anyone give me some advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan_Davis in Chattanooga, Tennessee

48 months ago

So you do get money when you sign on with northwestern mutual?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Himalayan Boy in Albany, California

48 months ago

I am with hospitality industries for more than 15 years and I am very good in sales,
I am a licenced as Life Insurance and passed series 63 and on the way of my series 6, For the investment,
I am currently working with Primerica Life Insurance Company as a Division Leader but still in search for the better company with better salary/comisions with better benifits.
If anyone have any idea would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

EAGiL PRO in Mahwah, New Jersey

48 months ago

Himalayan Boy in Albany, California said: I am with hospitality industries for more than 15 years and I am very good in sales,
I am a licenced as Life Insurance and passed series 63 and on the way of my series 6, For the investment,
I am currently working with Primerica Life Insurance Company as a Division Leader but still in search for the better company with better salary/comisions with better benifits.
If anyone have any idea would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello Himalayan Boy,

I am with EAGiL Financial. They have been in the business for over 40 years and have partnerships with some of the best agents, financial planners & wealth management pros around. They provide life insurance products, financial planning strategies, and more for high net worth clients and business owners.
They have a revolutionary marketing platform that, coupled with their expertise and network, has helped to more than double their partner's businesses. They offer various compensation packages, and a partnership with them insures that you would be making a lot more money.
Let me know if you are interested. I can be reached via email: pammckingley@eagil.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lorena in Mcallen, Texas

47 months ago

hi i am intereaseted on becoming an insurance agent but i dont know wat u need to qualify to be one if there is any way you can help me on this it would be great i really wanna try doing this i hear it has a good income no matter wat company you with and is a real out going job so i think its my kind of job thanx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Himalayan Boy

47 months ago

Hey Simon, Can you share some thing like, how much did you make at the beginning month and now how much are you making as you are closed to your first year in that company.
What is the percentage rate are you getting now and did you get any promotion or just an agent yet?
Thanks for your co-operation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Himalayan Boy

47 months ago

Hey Simon, Can you share some thing like, how much did you make at the beginning month and now how much are you making as you are closed to your first year in that company.
What is the percentage rate are you getting now and did you get any promotion or just an agent yet?
Thanks for your co-operation

Ex Cornerstone/Midwest Employee in San Diego, California

47 months ago

I was a captive agent for Cornerstone (NASE sister co.) back in 2002, I could sell the products but left as the coverage was lacking,customers were not happy, subsequently left which meant bad retention and no residuals. My CA. life lic. has lapsed.
My question is I have some credit issues , would it be worth renewing my lic. status? Would my bad credit negate getting a decent Insurance agent position at a good company?
Thanks for any constructive advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ERW in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

Ex Cornerstone/Midwest Employee in San Diego, California said: I was a captive agent for Cornerstone (NASE sister co.) back in 2002, I could sell the products but left as the coverage was lacking,customers were not happy, subsequently left which meant bad retention and no residuals. My CA. life lic. has lapsed.
My question is I have some credit issues , would it be worth renewing my lic. status? Would my bad credit negate getting a decent Insurance agent position at a good company?
Thanks for any constructive advice!

You should consider Pre-paid Legal. You can get certified to do Group benefits and don't need a license in CA. It's inexpensive to get started and the compensation plan is good. Don't let the network marketing approach deter you. They were in business over 20 years before they switched to that structure. Their stock has doubled since January. And they have no competition. Just a thought. You can contact me if you want more info on my experience. erwood3038@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Insured in Sammamish, Washington

44 months ago

[QUOTE who="after years and years in the field I branch out. I put about $8,000 a side. rent a small office cost was $900 a month and I started passing out flying, I made a website with google and I told friends, families, mechanics, whenever I go to a gas stations I talked to everyone there passing out flyers and business card until I build my client tell I work at night while during the day I operated my own agency."

I'm touched by your story. Your actions show your great personality, some people lose connection to their close ones once they smell success, but not you. My family have been considering starting an insurance company, but we don't want to be an agency. From what i understand you had your own insurance company not an agency. We have been struggling to find info on how to start an insurance company not an agency. I read somewhere that in order to start an insurance company you need at least $1 million, is that true?. If you could please help us with some start up info, we would gladly appreciate it. We would like to do the business in either Washington or Illinois. Thanks, and i wish you all the best.

Insured in Sammamish, Washington

44 months ago

[QUOTE who="after years and years in the field I branch out. I put about $8,000 a side. rent a small office cost was $900 a month and I started passing out flying, I made a website with google and I told friends, families, mechanics, whenever I go to a gas stations I talked to everyone there passing out flyers and business card until I build my client tell I work at night while during the day I operated my own agency. When I sold in 2009 I had over 5,000 clients. I had to sale because my mom she was fighting breast cancer and she did not have health insurance, we thought she did but found out dad never made payment, furthermore she was not qualify for stated help, and my families did not have the money for doctors, operations, kimo, radiations and so forth, I had to make the hardest decision ever in my life. I sold what I had build in order to save a life.

I'm truly moved by your story. Your actions show your great personality, some people lose connection to their close ones once they smell success, but not you. My family have been considering starting an insurance company, but we don't want to be an agency. From what i understand you had your own insurance company not an agency. We have been struggling to find info on how to start an insurance company not an agency. I read somewhere that in order to start an insurance company you need at least $1 million, is that true?. If you could please help us with some start up info, we would gladly appreciate it. We would like to do the business in either Washington or Illinois. Thanks, and i wish you all the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jm hanna in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

44 months ago

Try a new type of insurance that everyone and their brother is not selling. Contact me. jawee@comcast.net

ac in Vandergrift, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

Youlanda Sanders in jackson, Mississippi said: I am a human resource specialist with ... extradionary people skills....

Sorry to go off topics but I have a question for you as an HR professional. I always see companies wanting "exceptional communications" or "extaordinary people skills" or the like... how mush value and credence does an HR person put on my own unsupported claim to something like that?

Thx, @

IB in Columbus, Ohio

44 months ago

Wondering? in Corona, California said: Has anyone ever heard of American Income Life? Is it a good company to work with?

Terrible company!!! I was their #1 leading agent for 2 straight months in the state of Ohio, which is one of their best states, and hated every moment of it. The commission is terrible, the environment is terrible, and you can make much more with a different company.

STAY AWAY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy Clark in Saint Petersburg, Florida

44 months ago

CAWealthPlanner in Bakersfield, California said: Wayne, I don't know anyone who offers a training salary in this industry but we offer a way for you to make an income while you're in the process of getting licensed, trained, and your business up and running. Through us you can get a commission through our marketing division that will help you as you go through the processes of our financial division. We are a national insurance marketing company that offers our agents to own a piece of the pie for our company is Agent owned. 75% commission to start, overrides for people you bring into the company, profit sharing and stock options.
Go to my profile and email me and I'll get more information to you. I don't believe I can post company information in here.

I also am insterested in this opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hjohnson in Washington, District of Columbia

43 months ago

jm hanna in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina said: Try a new type of insurance that everyone and their brother is not selling. Contact me. jawee@comcast.net
What produce is that you are talking about. I would like to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dale Tillman in Temecula, California

43 months ago

Simon:

I just applied on line and received a solid response from the Self Management Group Sales Screen candidate review, so I'm awaiting a response from the San Diego group. It's been a few months since you posted...have you been successful? How quickly did you start seeing some earnings? What was your background prior to Northwestern? Any other information you can share would be much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

KS in Brentwood, California

43 months ago

I have had a successful sales career, but one that required too much travel and took a lot of time away from home and my family. I was approached by a NYL agent several months ago and am now considering a career change, will be taking the 52 hour course next month but am concerned. I am worried about being able to have a strong launch as it seems the recommended way to start is to keep the current job until you've sold enough policies to have a cushion (hello ... 2 full time jobs at once?? how does that work?) Also, I've heard the very, very positive side of it from the local guys as well as the very, very negative side from some people. I guess I'd just like to hear what anyone considers as the best company to work for, etc.

Bruce in Columbus, Ohio

42 months ago

CEO in Lewis Center, Ohio said: Dear N E ohio

I would beware of the mutual firms and any MLM companies. The big mutuals will teach you to push whole life insurance and that is about it. The financial services industry is changing and independent knowledgeable firms are the future. I own a small independent firm in Columbus and Marietta Ohio and we have been very fortunate to grow on our client first mantra. It truly is an advantage to be able to customize polices and portfolios to suit the client without corporate pressure or production requirements.

Hello CEO,

My name is Bruce and I have been studying for my life and health exam for the last month. I live in Washington Court House and I am very interested in Financial Planning and Insurance. Is there any good companies around in the area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CindiOfTheIE in Los Angeles, California

42 months ago

Kathy Clark in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I also am insterested in this opportunity.

Hi, I am just reading this blog and yours sounds real interesting, I am very interested to know more as I am currently in process of studying for my CA Life and Health license, but need an income.

RobxJohnson in Fairmont, West Virginia

42 months ago

Hello All,
I am a college educated male who at 40 is looking to make a career change. I am talking with an Allstate Agent, I have always been a self motivator and very dependable. Allstate offers a six week training course ( Property,Auto), does anyone have anyadvice?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

PrincessLover509 in Pompano Beach, Florida

42 months ago

Hey just got licensed in Life/variable annuities. I here aflac is the best but I don't know. I'm currently with Primerica but I'm tired of fetching for clients and recruits who end up leaving. this RVP thing seems non-sense your just at a highier percent contract level. No sign on bonus, no benefits, sells term life only... a waste of gas to my knowlege...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Himalayanboy in Berkeley, California

42 months ago

Hello Sir,
You seemed to be right for me too, I have been working with primerica as a Life agent since 2009 and sold more than 100 life insurance untill now, but due to selling only term and due to percentage I couldn't make any good money and saving, So let me know if you found a better company with better product to work for would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jmhanna in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

42 months ago

We have insurance agents who have been in business for years coming on board with us because we have a product that can be sold to large groups, no other company has it and we make great commissions direct deposited the day after it is processed. Everyone and their brother sells life, health, supplemental insurance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Benton in Hixson, Tennessee

40 months ago

jmhanna in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina said: We have insurance agents who have been in business for years coming on board with us because we have a product that can be sold to large groups, no other company has it and we make great commissions direct deposited the day after it is processed. Everyone and their brother sells life, health, supplemental insurance.

What is it you sell?

RobxJohnson in Fairmont, West Virginia

40 months ago

I sell P/C and life and health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.