What kind of salary will I be able to yield at defense contractor intel. job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Toledo in Woodbridge, Virginia

60 months ago

Hi guys and girls. I was just wondering what kind of salary I would be able to obtain at defense companies like Booz Allen Hamilton, Man-Tech,SAIC,etc. for an intelligence analyst. I'm living in Northern VA(Ft. Belvoir,Reston,Herndon,etc. area).

My stats when I apply next year to these companies will be:

Bachelors in Political Science
TS/SCI clearance
35F(all-source analyst) MOS Army training

I won't have any experience whatsoever just the knowledge I would obtain from joining the Army Reserves. Can someone give me a brief number of what my salary would look like? Thanks alot for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jmw4004 in Alexandria, Virginia

60 months ago

Don't ask for anything less than 65,000. I am currently a defense contractor in the intelligence field (working in Northern Virginia) and am very familiar with typical salaries. I have over eight years experience and am over 100,000/year. When I first started I was in the 50s but of course that was eight years ago so it will be higher now. I know someone with just over a years experience who is paid in the upper 70s. It plateaus out at around 120,000/year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toledo in Woodbridge, Virginia

60 months ago

jmw4004 in Alexandria, Virginia said: Don't ask for anything less than 65,000. I am currently a defense contractor in the intelligence field (working in Northern Virginia) and am very familiar with typical salaries. I have over eight years experience and am over 100,000/year. When I first started I was in the 50s but of course that was eight years ago so it will be higher now. I know someone with just over a years experience who is paid in the upper 70s. It plateaus out at around 120,000/year.

Thanks alot for the insight. Can anyone else add to this?

Bob in Manassas, Virginia

55 months ago

I'm in the same boat. anyone else?

Hakeem in Woodbridge, Virginia

45 months ago

Seems like experience is not necessary needed but a clearance will get you in the door for guaranteed money?

jmw4004 in Morganton, North Carolina

45 months ago

If you have no experience in DC, you will make around 50,000/year with a four year degree.

jonathan2894 in Woodbridge, Virginia

45 months ago

^ Where are your stats from? I think the numbers will be slightly higher than that. For govt. work, expect expect to start as a GS-7 with a bachelor's degree; salary is roughly $41-$42k in this area. Private companies are slightly different though since you already have a higher clearance that the company will not have to sponsor. A TS/SCI is estimated to be worth an extra $10-$15k. Most companies around here will start you out at least at $50-$55k for an entry level position. With this in mind, plus your clearance I think it's safe to assume you'll get a salary of at least $60k.

jmw4004 in Morganton, North Carolina

45 months ago

My stats are from personal experience working in the intel field in DC for around ten years. I haven't been entry level for years so I'm certain the numbers have gone up quite a bit since then. $60k is probably closer to the truth now if not more. Of course 60k isn't that much in DC and one would do much better if they moved to a different area. I know people in Charlottesville in the intel field who get paid about as much as they would in DC but the cost of living is so much less that they effectively make much more than they would in DC. Same is true in Augusta, GA at NSA Georgia.

Gina Moscorelli in Fairfax, Virginia

36 months ago

I am a recruiter for government contractor. We hold prime positions on multiple Intelligence programs - send your resume to Gina.Moscorelli@missionep.com and I may be able to offer some salary insight and advice!!!

jgarcia in Gaithersburg, Maryland

36 months ago

Gina Moscorelli in Fairfax, Virginia said: I am a recruiter for government contractor. We hold prime positions on multiple Intelligence programs - send your resume to Gina.Moscorelli@missionep.com and I may be able to offer some salary insight and advice!!!

How do I know if I qualify for an intel slot and how much can I potentially earn? I have 2 college degrees and working on my intel mgmt degee now at UMUC. I have 12 years in the military and police experience.

Gina Moscorelli in Columbus, Ohio

36 months ago

jgarcia in Gaithersburg, Maryland said: How do I know if I qualify for an intel slot and how much can I potentially earn? I have 2 college degrees and working on my intel mgmt degee now at UMUC. I have 12 years in the military and police experience.

send your resume to me at Gina.Moscorelli@missionep.com - i can give you a more specific answer once I can review the details of your qualifications.

Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.