Top lab technician skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every lab technician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your lab technician expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

fortune girl in Fayetteville, North Carolina

68 months ago

i am starting a new career as a lab support technician and I am not comfortable with the computer part of the job. I guess I'd like to know exactly what the job entails in the pathology lab where the computer is concerned?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DPATEL777@YAHOO.COM in North Brunswick, New Jersey

65 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every lab technician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your lab technician expertise?

Can you suggest any tips to develop your lab technician expertisw?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

fox chem in Eddyville, Iowa

60 months ago

DPATEL777@YAHOO.COM in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: Can you suggest any tips to develop your lab technician expertisw?

I suggest learning the chemistry/biology/physics/biochemistry behind your work. Most technicians work with instructions and give results. If you understand the science behind the analyses for example, you could find that you can branch out in future to a specific technician like polyols or polyurethanes which gives you the opportunity for promotion or working in research... better money.. better opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fox chem in Eddyville, Iowa

60 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every lab technician must have to excel?
Without being an expert (i've been a bio-diesel research tech for 3.5 years) I would say:
1. Strong analytical skills (plus a little math for conversions).
2. Strong multi-tasking skills (the better you are at this, the more job opportunities can arise even from within where u already work.)
3. Strong trait for data keeping and recording (most boring part of my job is putting down information but the better you are at this, the better you look). If the data is recorded in a timely manner, analysis is faster, results can be used to make conclusions... your job is well done. It starts with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.