What are typical legal assistant salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Tacoma, Washington

84 months ago

If you work up north you can make a lot more money than in the South Sound. If you have your paralegal degree you can earn in the range of $60 to 85k a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Bellevue, Washington

79 months ago

I agree. Although I know at least Bellevue is a fantastic place to work in this field. I think it depends on the firm and it's size. And most of all, your level of experience, and then your schooling. As my boss says, "As soon as you can do what a paralegal can do, we'll pay you what a paralegal gets paid."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindy in Saint Louis, Missouri

79 months ago

Has anyone out there actually taken and received a certificate from an ON-LINE Paralegal studes program? If so, which on-line program did you take and have you been able to find a job using the ON-LINE Certificate studies course. Please don't tell me "don't waste your time" on an on-line course. IF...I decide to study via on-line...it's my ONLY option. I have over 20 years experience as a Legal Secy/Admin.

Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Terann in St Clair Shores, Michigan

79 months ago

Yes, I obtained my Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies Online. I attended FMU Online, but they merged with Everest University about six months ago.

I choose FMU Online because you do not take final exams, but you are quizzed every two weeks after the end of each unit. If it is a 12 week course, you would take a quiz every two weeks, but if it is a six week mini course, you would take a quiz every week. But, most quizzes are not due in until midnight the day the quiz is required to be taken by the professor.

School phone #877-439-0003

Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.