Outsourced Transcription at my firm...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 138)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Sally in Danville, California

90 months ago

Has anyone had any problems using an outsourcing firm for transcription??? I enjoy transcribing but it takes up the majority of my time. I will be happy if it will give me more time to get things done!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Springfield, Ohio

88 months ago

Sally in Danville, California said: Has anyone had any problems using an outsourcing firm for transcription??? I enjoy transcribing but it takes up the majority of my time. I will be happy if it will give me more time to get things done!!!

I do transcription work from home. I think that the most inexpensive way would be to find someone like me :o)
mvazquezpg@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Minneapolis, Minnesota

84 months ago

Sally in Danville, California said: Has anyone had any problems using an outsourcing firm for transcription??? I enjoy transcribing but it takes up the majority of my time. I will be happy if it will give me more time to get things done!!!

Hello,

I too enjoy transcribing. I am a scopist and transcriptionist. If you are still looking for help, I am interested. I was also a legal administrative assistant for six years.

I hope to hear from you.

Pam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Richmond, Virginia

84 months ago

Pam in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Hello,

I too enjoy transcribing. I am a scopist and transcriptionist. If you are still looking for help, I am interested. I was also a legal administrative assistant for six years.

I hope to hear from you.

Pam

i was wondering do you make good money being a scopist and transcriptionist and how long did it take you to start making decent money doing transcription? Also where did you learn how to be a scopist? You can email me at tiffany.n.williams@suntrust.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Annie

83 months ago

I agree. I hate it too. I would never recommend anybody do this. It's a thankless job. Soon transcription jobs will be a thing of the past anyway when everybody switches over to digital. All the transcriptionists at the hospital/clinic where I work were just notified our jobs will be ending within a couple weeks. Nobody was sad to learn this because we all hate doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

I have been a legal secretary for almost 30 years and have enjoyed it mostly, although it can be a pretty cut-throat business, so money driven.

I love doing transcription and am quite good at it if anyone needs help. I'm looking for a permanent job in Houston too, preferably downtown, if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blair Sloane

81 months ago

How was that rude? I was just saying how I feel. That doesn't mean you need to feel the same way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

julie in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

it is work though you can do with our eyes closed and make a good living at it. I'd prefer it than working with the public.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

dh in Northern CA, California

81 months ago

julie in Houston, Texas said: it is work though you can do with our eyes closed and make a good living at it. I'd prefer it than working with the public.

Hi Julie in Houston - I agree with you 100%. I thoroughly hate dealing with the public. I had a summer job as grocery bagger once. Each of us baggers had to take turns spending an hour out in the hot sun collecting shopping carts in the lot and stacking them in front of the store. The other baggers didn't like collecting the carts; so I'd take their turn and end up out there my entire shift, which I didn't mind at all. I didn't want to deal with the customers.

Re transcription, I loved it. I didn't have to deal with clients and rarely dealt with attys. I had a lot of legal secretary friends who hated it, and I can see why-you just sit there and type all day. You really don't need to use your brain, but I enjoyed it. I didn't deal with the condescending behavior coming from attys, I didn't get last minute projects, and no one ever tried to get me to work overtime. I didn't have all that rush stuff the secretaries dealt with every day. The job was drama free, yet the pay isn't much less then a legal secretary putting up with all that BS. Yes, I agree with Annie's comment above that it's a "thankless" job. I think that being a legal secretary was thankless, unrewarding, and a substandard way to have to spend 8 hours a day every day. It's a sh@tty way to have to make a buck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

robinmallery@hotmail.com in Katy, Texas said: You are a rude loser!!

Likewise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JB in Becker, Minnesota

80 months ago

If anyone needs a legal transcriptionist I am always available. I use to worked for the Attorney General as a legal assistant and found that the most enjoyable part of my job was transcribing. Now that I have moved to a small town I would rather work from home than commute. If anyone is looking for someone to transcribe from home my email is joalahthom@hotmail.com - thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dm of folsom in New Orleans, Louisiana

80 months ago

Julie in Houston, Texas said: I have been a legal secretary for almost 30 years and have enjoyed it mostly, although it can be a pretty cut-throat business, so money driven.

I love doing transcription and am quite good at it if anyone needs help. I'm looking for a permanent job in Houston too, preferably downtown, if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks so much!

Have you tried Booke Companies? They started in Houston after Katrina and have expanded. If you go there, please let Cheryl Rodrigue know Debbie of Folsom sent you!

Good luck.

Karen Hunter in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

79 months ago

I just got a double Bachelor's degree, one in Paralegal Studies and one in Legal Assistant. I worked this spring for an attorney as a "paralegal." He paid me $11 per hour and all I got to do was answer the phones, file and make copies. I had to drive an hour each way to get to work and found that I was too stressed and was getting farther behind in paying my bills. So I quit and am going to start doing legal transcription from home. Through networking, I found an attorney in South Dakota that wants to use my services. I quoted him $18 per hour and he thought that was cheap compared to what the court clerks in his area charge. I downloaded a stop watch, and only charge for actual typing time. He paid me double for a tape that was mostly inaudible. I bought a brand new transcription machine that uses standard tapes at Staples on clearance for $65 (almost $200 off the regular price because no one uses them anymore). I will keep looking for other leads on transcription work. I really prefer doing transcription over anything else I learned at school. Legal research is a close second. How much do other transcriptionists from home charge for their services? Do you charge by the hour or by the page? My email is xololady@aol.com if anyone wants to contact me. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Karen Hunter in Coeur D Alene, Idaho said: I just got a double Bachelor's degree, ... My email is xololady@aol.com if anyone wants to contact me. Thank you.

I started out in the legal industry as a word processor. I LOVED doing transcriptio because of the LACK OF CONTACT WITH ATTORNEYS. I already had my paralegal certificate by the time I started my first WP job, but it didn't take long for me to realize that I DID NOT want to be a paralegal after all. Every job I had would transition me to a legal secretary position and assign me attys, probably because they realized I caught on to stuff quickly. When the transcription got slow, I would help the secretaries with their other stuff. I would quit the job for another WP position, and the same thing would happen again - they make me a secretary and give me attys. UUgh! When I finally left the industry for good, I was working for two named partners, two associates, and processing prebills, doing banking, and some A/R. Needless to say, I was entirely burnt out. I left the industry altogether to return to school full time. I will graduate with my economics degree in May of '09 at 42. I want nothing to do with the legal industry, not even as a WP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I don't blame you. I completely understand. My first degree was in Word Processing, and I have always wanted to just type. I worked for that attorney for 4 1/2 months and realized that I needed to leave. He wasn't happy with my work. He said I was slow and I needed to learn how to multi-task. Those are good qualities, if you are a receptionist! The last 3 girls who worked for him are no longer in the legal field. 2 of them, and myself have won awards with our Legal Office skills and none of us are working for attorneys anymore. I call him the paralegal killer. Good for you for going back to school!!! I just graduated and I am 44 and starting my Master's degree. Don't know what in yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I have talked to a lot of people who are tired of companies outsourcing to other countries. I am registered on guru.com to do free-lance typing and I noticed that a lot of men from the middle east are registered and only charge $10 for typing. Yes they are cheaper, but how can you accurately type and proofread in a language that is not your first? They must be a whole lot smarter than I! I think more people will be getting jobs typing from home, especially in light of the high price of gas today. I am doing that, and would be glad to help you. My email is xololady@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Karen Hunter in Coeur D Alene, Idaho said: I have talked to a lot of people who are tired of companies outsourcing to other countries. I am registered on guru.com to do free-lance typing and I noticed that a lot of men from the middle east are registered and only charge $10 for typing. Yes they are cheaper, but how can you accurately type and proofread in a language that is not your first? They must be a whole lot smarter than I! I think more people will be getting jobs typing from home, especially in light of the high price of gas today. I am doing that, and would be glad to help you. My email is xololady@aol.com

Hi Karen. I am also registered on guru.com. So far I've applied to about 12 jobs in the past three weeks but haven't received anything yet. I don't know how much of that is because I'm not a paid member, therefore not of the "higher status" who is willing to pay $$$ to get a job.

But I also have a freelance paralegal business that is just getting off the ground and I'm hoping to get that hopping by the end of the year plus legal transcription. I so want to be able to quit my day job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

What do you mean by a "Paralegal business?" I hope you will be careful not to give legal advice. My instructors threatened me with death if I started my own paralegal business, because that is like practicing law without a license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Karen Hunter in Coeur D Alene, Idaho said: What do you mean by a "Paralegal business?" I hope you will be careful not to give legal advice. My instructors threatened me with death if I started my own paralegal business, because that is like practicing law without a license.

Oh I only work under the supervision of attorneys who utilize my services. I draft whatever they need, email or fax the draft to them, and if they need revisions, I can do that or they can. They have final say on everything. I do not deal with the public sector. If I get a call from someone I tell them they need to contact an attorney and if they need help locating one, I refer them to the State Bar's website or to the Houston Volunteer Lawyers program. I absolutely will not commit UPL for anybody.

Most of the attorneys are either solos or have small firms who really don't have the overhead to employ a paralegal full time, so using a freelance paralegal like myself saves them time and money since they don't have the responsibility of paying wages, vacations, sick time, insurance, stuff like that. I pay my own. And they don't have to pay a full-time person when there's downtime. I'm only paid when I actually do the work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I am so glad you clarified that! I was worried! Sounds like exactly the same kind of situation I would like to set up. But I live in a remote part of Idaho, where the attorneys are too cheap to pay me what my time is worth. So I am going to put together a brochure to mail to attorneys in the area. Any tips on how to get started? (xololady@aol.com)

Jan in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Terri in Houston, Texas said: Oh I only work under the supervision of attorneys who utilize my services. I draft whatever they need, email or fax the draft to them, and if they need revisions, I can do that or they can. They have final say on everything. I do not deal with the public sector. If I get a call from someone I tell them they need to contact an attorney and if they need help locating one, I refer them to the State Bar's website or to the Houston Volunteer Lawyers program. I absolutely will not commit UPL for anybody.

Most of the attorneys are either solos or have small firms who really don't have the overhead to employ a paralegal full time, so using a freelance paralegal like myself saves them time and money since they don't have the responsibility of paying wages, vacations, sick time, insurance, stuff like that. I pay my own. And they don't have to pay a full-time person when there's downtime. I'm only paid when I actually do the work.

I was wondering what type of pay structure you have set up for your freelance. Is it hourly or by the job, or perhaps both?

Thanks.

Jan

Terri Edmonds in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Jan in Dallas, Texas said: I was wondering what type of pay structure you have set up for your freelance. Is it hourly or by the job, or perhaps both?

Thanks.

Jan

Hi Jan.

Since you're from Dallas I'll tell my secret. LOL I'm originally from Dallas.

I have my pay structure set up so that the attorney can choose to either pay by the job or a package, which is usually a little cheaper. A package consists of all documents from beginning to end (petition or answer to final decree), which includes a subpoena or waiver of service, inventory and appraisal and discovery. Packages vary according to what the client needs: Uncontested, contested, with children, without children.

Anything the attorney needs can be tailored to specifications.

Did this answer your question? Probably not but hope it helped a little. :)

Terri

Heather in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Julie in Houston, Texas said: I have been a legal secretary for almost 30 years and have enjoyed it mostly, although it can be a pretty cut-throat business, so money driven.

Thanks so much!

Julie, I personally think the best way to go is Donovan & Watkins (Becky Abernathy) if she's still there, for recruiting, or Sandy Twyman at Quest Personnel - I've been at the same firm DT for 6.5 years and in 16 years of living here, it's the longest I've been anywhere because I told them exactly what I needed/wanted, and won't settle for and they took great care of me. Just a thought! Good luck! I have 23 years, so with 30, I can't imagine you'd have a tough time if you find someone who can truly appreciate it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in West Monroe, Louisiana

78 months ago

I was a legal assistant for almost 25 years with a local attorney. I broke my leg last year and have not been able to find another job. I love transcription work and would really like to get transcription jobs at home. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Another brainless loser

78 months ago

Blair Sloane in Warrington, Pennsylvania said: I hate transcription. Makes me feel like a brainless loser; a peon. Is there something wrong with me?

Gee, thanks a lot. I have been a medicolegal transcriptionist for some 20 years. If I'd known all this time that I was looked upon as a brainless loser, I might have sought a career elsewhere. Oh, I forgot to mention that I have gone to law school, got my JD, just never took the Bar exam in my state of residence. I have practiced as a paralegal but chose to become an independent contractor in the field of medicolegal transcription because I MAKE MORE MONEY THIS WAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

I'm sure of that and your hours are better too! Maybe that's what I need to do? I'm having a tough time finding a perm job here in Houston!

Deb M in Ponchatoula, Louisiana

78 months ago

Have you tried the Brooke Companies? My friend, Cheryl Rodrigue has set up several offices in Houston and from what I understand, they are getting tons of work.

Julie in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

I did go to Brooke Companies, did all their testing and they haven't called me or sent me anywhere. I don't think they have the jobs I'm looking for. I really don't know!

78 months ago

Well, I understand how that goes! I'm looking for work on the Northshore of New Orleans and have registered with a couple of agencies here close to me.

I think it's important to establish a relationship with the recruiter. I wish you luck.

78 months ago

Another brainless loser said: Gee, thanks a lot. I have been a medicolegal transcriptionist for some 20 years. If I'd known all this time that I was looked upon as a brainless loser, I might have sought a career elsewhere. Oh, I forgot to mention that I have gone to law school, got my JD, just never took the Bar exam in my state of residence. I have practiced as a paralegal but chose to become an independent contractor in the field of medicolegal transcription because I MAKE MORE MONEY THIS WAY!

How is it that you make more money as a medical transcriptionist than an attorney? If you could please explain that to me, I would appreciate that.

I am a former legal secretary. I HATED every second of it and have returned to school so that I can change careers. My first law job, however, was a transcriptionist in a medical malpractice defense law firm in Los Angeles, and I loved it. I had already taken med terminology. I transcribed pleadings and correspondence - normal law stuff. But in reports, sometimes I got a lot of precscription drugs.

Anyways, if you care to share, I would be interested in "hearing" about it.

thank you.

Another brainless loser

78 months ago

People are under the misconception that attorneys automatically make a ton of money just because they're lawyers. They don't. Most of them, at least the ones I've known, take up to 10 years or better to start making a decent salary. They work their way up through the ranks of being associates i.e., grunts, in high-end law firms, etc. By the time they make partner, if they do, they've been groveling for a long time. If they happen to have the availability to start their own practice, they take another 10 years to pay off loans, build up their clientele, etc. I guess what I am saying is that the brainless losers have all been lawyers, at least in the sense of getting a respectable, well-paying job! As a medicolegal transcriptionist with my own independent contractor business, I began to earn a very good wage right out of the gate. I know that is certainly not the case for everyone, but I suppose I took umbrage to being thought of as a "brainless loser" by one of my purported peers! A qualified medical/legal transcriptionist has to be well educated, and has to have as much if not MORE continuing education than the persons s/he may be transcribing for. Example: As a medical transcriptionist, I have had to "re-learn" the language of medicine several times in my career depending on what type of speciality I was working with. So, my point was that referring to a transcriptionist, medical or legal as a brainless loser is really, really insulting. Hope you understand where I'm coming from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Oh Summer! I'm glad you are on top of this. I LOVE the Brooke Companies and know that yall strive hard to be good matchmakers!

Gina, Cyber Legal Scribe

78 months ago

I would be interested in picking up some additional medical and legal transcription work. If anyone has any leads, contacts, or has extra work to outsource as "overflow", please contact me at GLTiernan@aol.com. I'd be very happy to hear from you! Good luck to everyone on here who seeks transcription work. It's not so easy to come by these days, is it?

Blair Sloane in Warrington, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

Another brainless loser said: Gee, thanks a lot. I have been a medicolegal transcriptionist for some 20 years. If I'd known all this time that I was looked upon as a brainless loser, I might have sought a career elsewhere. Oh, I forgot to mention that I have gone to law school, got my JD, just never took the Bar exam in my state of residence. I have practiced as a paralegal but chose to become an independent contractor in the field of medicolegal transcription because I MAKE MORE MONEY THIS WAY!

My comment was taken way out of context, and I must apologize (again). I was simply explaining how transcribing makes me feel, and quite obviously it is not for me. It is by far the worst part of my job. I never implied that transcriptionists were peons or brainless losers, I merely implied that that's how doing dictation makes me feel, and posted here to see if anyone out there felt the same way I do. Since you all seem to be from the South, perhaps it is just a Northeastern Coast thing. Anyways, good luck to all in finding a job that you, personally, find fulfilling.

Thanks.

Another brainless loser

78 months ago

I get you. No worries. I confess to feeling like my skills could be put to better use and these days, what with the economy being in a slump, work is harder and harder to come by and I feel bad about my "career" and job situation, too. Hang in there. Something's gotta shake loose eventually!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Blair Sloane in Warrington, Pennsylvania said: My comment was taken way out of context, and I must apologize (again). I was simply explaining how transcribing makes me feel, and quite obviously it is not for me. It is by far the worst part of my job. I never implied that transcriptionists were peons or brainless losers, I merely implied that that's how doing dictation makes me feel, and posted here to see if anyone out there felt the same way I do. Since you all seem to be from the South, perhaps it is just a Northeastern Coast thing. Anyways, good luck to all in finding a job that you, personally, find fulfilling.

Thanks.

I LOVED transcribing, and all my secretary coworkers hated it. I could see their point - you just sit there and type all day. But I enjoyed my word processing job; and, yes, that's what I did all day. Sat their with a headset on typing tapes.

I actually had to interview for a long-term temp job, and the office manager made it a point to bring up the fact that the job required a lot of word processing because she said a lot of secretaries don't like that. I got the job.

I like being alone. I hate interruptions. I especially don't like attorney interaction. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much??

Julie in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

I love transcribing too and there's an art to it or you definitely have to love it. I'm good at it too and you don't find many folks that like it or know how to do it! you go girl!

julie in houston

Stephanie in Nashville, Tennessee

78 months ago

Hello. I am a corporate paralegal in Tennessee. In 2 years, I am moving to a small town about an hour away from my current employer (which I love and have been with for almost 11 years). As a supplement to my income now as we are saving to build our home and then perhaps full time later once we move, I am considering legal transcription. I have done very little transcription over the years since I work in a corporate law office that outsources litigate (our focus more on regulatory compliance). I make good money now and know that I won't be able to make that transcribing (at least not right away), but I will be saving on gas and will be close to my kids while they are at school. Can anyone suggest an online or distance learning school for legal transcription? I would prefer on that is accrediated. Thanks for all of the advise. You can email me at atsdj2004@yahoo.com

Sue in Rimersburg, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I have been working at a small law firm for the past 4 years. I am now starting to look at online legal transcription from home as maybe a second income. I would like to know if anyone has any tips on what I should be looking for when veiwing these sites. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful. My email address is bullerss@yahoo.com. Thanks to everyone for their aniticpated assistance.

Chris in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

Outsourcing transcription is the best thing I've ever done, but it is difficult finding an affordable company that is also good. I like ewordsolutions.com. Once you outsource your transcription you'll love it.
Good luck!

Law Firm in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Julie in Houston, Texas said: I'm sure of that and your hours are better too! Maybe that's what I need to do? I'm having a tough time finding a perm job here in Houston!

Julie - email me your resume at paralegal.jobs@gmail.com; same for anyone that needs a paralegal job in Houston, Texas (Galleria area).

Cookieleesister@aol.com

69 months ago

I have 20 years experience working with attorneys in California and Nevada and know the business inside and out. I am great at what I do and I enjoy working on legal documents, especially deposition summaries and trial documents. I live outside Las Vegas, Nevada and I welcome the opportunity to transcribe your documents in a fast paced manner with 100% accuracy. My home office is fully functional with the most up-to-date equipment. Rest assured that all your projects will be handled with complete confidentiality. Contact me at Cookieleesister@aol.com for more information and fee schedule. I can be contacted 24/7, I am here to serve your transcription needs! Claudia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tess in Henderson, Nevada

67 months ago

Hello Claudia (a/k/a Cookie): I live in Henderson, Nevada and have been trying to get a real start in transcribing from home myself. I have really come here to find what the average rate is that law offices are willing to pay for legal transcription. I have 20 years as a legal secretary behind me, with an awful lot of paralegal duties, however no bachelor's degree, so no title. I have been transcribing for a company of which I feel is really taking advantage of my lack of knowledge regarding the pay. It is .07 per 65 character (with spaces line) and all I get are these tiny little short letters which take more time to save and upload than transcribe, one at a time. This obviously does not pay the bills, much less any HIPPA compliance expenses for secure transfer and storage, much less liability insurance which we should all get in this business.

Does anyone have a generally accept line rate (or tape time rate) for legal transcription to compare to? I just want to work and feel like somebody again.

Lana in Akron, Ohio

65 months ago

I am a medical transcriptionist with over 17 years experience and I am wanting to get into the medicolegal field instead. Does anyone know of any leads I can get in the Akron, Ohio area?

llormand70 in Arnaudville, Louisiana

65 months ago

Hello,

I recently began working from home. I am interested in legal transcription and/or contract paralegal duties. I have over 10 years in the legal field and both a legal secretary and paralegal. I have over 15 years as a transcriptionist. I am in the Lafayette/Opelousas area. If anyone would provide me with contacts I would greatly appreciate it.

MeToo in Manchester, United Kingdom

65 months ago

I'm a transcriptionist too, but I also don't enjoy it. Frustrating, tiring, depressing sums it up. I don't want to offend anyone who enjoys it and works hard at it, but I do feel that you are not really thinking for yourself in this job but merely transferring someone elses expertise into text parrot fashion.

65 months ago

Sorry MeToo, I am offended by your statement. To say that I am not really thinking of my self in this job and that I merely transfer someone elses expertise into text like a parrot is ludicrous. It sounds like you do not place value on a transcriptionist whatsoever, and look down upon yourself, wanting a "higher" position. It takes education, skill, ability and constant attention to transcribe. Just because you transcribe someone elses words, does not mean you do not have a brain, or viable significance to the business world. I might add, the words generally dictated are words one dictates for another person or business as well. I know you wouldn't say an attorney dictating for an insurance company he/she represents is just a parrot. Most attorneys need secretaries and transcriptionists that can correct their language and punctuation. It is a profession requiring expertise, just like any other professional position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

It is a good thing I am not looking for a job with the typos/punctuation in the above statement LOL. That statement just had me a little heated up. Sounds like some unappreciative attorneys.... unappreciative of how much a secretary really does for them.

galonglgs in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

I have been in the legal industry for almost 30 years and I have found some of the legal secretaries I've worked with to be some of the brightest and best writers I have ever worked with. It takes real talent to be able to transcribe, edit and make whatever the lawyer dictated sound like good writing because we all know they all cannot write and more particularly, cannot spell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MeToo in Manchester, United Kingdom

65 months ago

galonglgs in Houston, Texas said: I have been in the legal industry for almost 30 years and I have found some of the legal secretaries I've worked with to be some of the brightest and best writers I have ever worked with. It takes real talent to be able to transcribe, edit and make whatever the lawyer dictated sound like good writing because we all know they all cannot write and more particularly, cannot spell!

Sounds like the secretaries are capable of being lawyers too and wasted on transcription work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.