Dogs in the Workplace

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 220)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Cathy in New Jersey

82 months ago

I interviewed with a medium size law firm specializing in my expertise which is insurance defense law, hired for the job, worked daily for 2 weeks and quit without having another and never looked back. I was not aware that there would be at least 2-3 dogs roaming the office daily and most of the 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. day.

Fast forward...after 2-1/2 years of searching and interviewing with many potential employers I finally found another 6 months ago and have been working steady since. I bring with me to my new job over 16 years of hands-on insurance defense expertise, with knowledge of real estate, personal injury and other diversified skills. Well, little do I know I accepted this new job at a medium size law firm specializing in medical malpractice insurance defense, not knowing that again a dog would be roaming the workplace at least 3 out of 5 business days, for about 3-4 hours each day because the dog belongs to the BIG BOSS.

Question: Is this the new unprofessional environment relative to law firms? Having a dog in the workplace environment. My god, if I wanted to work in an environment with dogs I would have chosen another career! Again, I have been blindsided by how law firms have made the working environment unbearable and now I am highly disappointed and am ready to find another JOB!

Has any other professional in the industry encountered this issue in the workplace?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dh in Northern CA, California

82 months ago

Cathy in New Jersey said: I interviewed with a medium size law firm specializing in my expertise which is insurance defense law, hired for the job, worked daily for 2 weeks and quit without having another and never looked back. I was not aware that there would be at least 2-3 dogs roaming the office daily and most of the 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. day...

I think just about everyone on this industry has a terrible experience working with attys. I know I have. I always thought legal secretarial work was a crappy way to spend my time day in and day out, a terrible way to make a buck. This profession isn't worthy of being called a career because your options are so limited - there's no ladder of success to climb. It's literally a dead-end J.O.B. - "Just Over Broke." They say you get out of something what you put into it. A legal secretary puts a lot into her job to keep her atty happy, and the reward in return is does not match what was put in. The atty is the one who really benefits. Not only is it dead-end, but the work environment is often hostile and tense and sometimes even abusvive. You work with an office full of women who hate their jobs and for a bunch of attys who have no respect for you and act like you owe them something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Z28 in Boston, Massachusetts

79 months ago

Cathy in New Jersey said: I interviewed with a medium size law firm specializing in my expertise which is insurance defense law, hired for the job, worked daily for 2 weeks and quit without having another and never looked back. I was not aware that there would be at least 2-3 dogs roaming the office daily and most of the 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. day.

Fast forward...after 2-1/2 years of searching and interviewing with many potential employers I finally found another 6 months ago and have been working steady since. I bring with me to my new job over 16 years of hands-on insurance defense expertise, with knowledge of real estate, personal injury and other diversified skills. Well, little do I know I accepted this new job at a medium size law firm specializing in medical malpractice insurance defense, not knowing that again a dog would be roaming the workplace at least 3 out of 5 business days, for about 3-4 hours each day because the dog belongs to the BIG BOSS.

Question: Is this the new unprofessional environment relative to law firms? Having a dog in the workplace environment. My god, if I wanted to work in an environment with dogs I would have chosen another career! Again, I have been blindsided by how law firms have made the working environment unbearable and now I am highly disappointed and am ready to find another JOB!

Has any other professional in the industry encountered this issue in the workplace?

I worked with a paralegal rotweiller at a law firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

79 months ago

Cathy in New Jersey said: I interviewed with a medium size law firm specializing in my expertise which is insurance defense law, hired for the job, worked daily for 2 weeks and quit without having another and never looked back. I was not aware that there would be at least 2-3 dogs roaming the office daily and most of the 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. day.

I only WISH my firm would let us bring our dogs in! How cool!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

EVE in London, United Kingdom

79 months ago

I worked for several years as a Claimant litigation secretary and decided to move on as I wanted to work on more high profile cases and felt that my contribution to the workplace was second to none. I acquired a position in a lucrative city firm (high profile everything I wanted) huge increase in salary only to discover pretty much of the same of what you have outlined. I went in the space of 2 months to a confident individual to an insecure mess all because what I thought was expected of me merely was not - I was too pro-active and willing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware

79 months ago

EVE in London, United Kingdom said: I went in the space of 2 months to a confident individual to an insecure mess all because what I thought was expected of me merely was not - I was too pro-active and willing

Hello EVE: I am a Paralegal, or was. for 10 years. I am glad to read your comment on the real real of what can happen to you. I had my "dream job" as a Paralegal in Miami, FL. I started out confident and by the end of 2 months - due to cryptic conversations with my boss and tons of mixed messages - turned into a mess. I left the office too many times a week a mental wreck, freaking out I was losing my job, anxiety attacts. brought on from the above described. Eventually, after 6 months, I was let go, after getting a $1200 x-mas bonus, WITH NO REAL REason as to the termination. I do not know what happened - That was bad- and I did not find another job for a year - yes I had some temp assignments - BUT, the financial loss was really bad. Yes, they took a confident Paralegal and messed her up real bad- on the job and after the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware said: Hello EVE: Yes, they took a confident Paralegal and messed her up real bad- on the job and after the job.

cont'd - Fast forward 2 years later, in another state. Obtained emploument as a Paralegal - liked the work , knew the work, good pay and great benefits, plus myown office and it was nice. AGAIN - by month 4 , the INTENSE boss stressed me out to the point I almost had a nervous breakdown. I was terminated. Ruined a good worker who kew her job. Lovely group they can be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Cathy in New Jersey said:

Are you serious. Real dogs, four paws, and wagging tail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

EVE in London, United Kingdom said: I went in the space of 2 months to a confident individual to an insecure mess all because what I thought was expected of me merely was not - I was too pro-active and willing

In my case on the second job I commented on- it was because of "unrealistic exopectations" - that was the cause of a near nervous breakdown on the job. and of course the loss of the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Eve- souinds like you knew what you were doing, as to the work itself. If so, I will never underestand why the take a confident person who can do the job and the attorneys mess you up so bad. It makes no business sense and it ruins peoples lives - all unnecessarily. It ruined my Career. And I was good at what I did. Left me dazed and confused and broke. How lovely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I CANNOT SAY THIS ENOUGH TIMES TO ENOUGH PEOPLE: ANY NON-ATTORNEY JOB IN THE LEGAL INDUSTRY IS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME AND SO NOT WORTH IT. The pay looks good ONLY when you compare it side by side to other admin/secretarial jobs AND when you consider that a degree is NOT required. It blows me away when I see paralegal jobs requiring a degree. Someone with a degree (depending on the degree) has so much to offer the workforce and can do much better outside the legal industry. Why would someone waste four years of college only to be abused by attys when a lot of paralegals could get the same elsewhere without the degree?

For those of you who don't already know, I'm a full time Economics student at a state university. I could no longer stand it; so I moved to an area where cost of living is much cheaper (I worked in Los Angeles/Orange County). I now work 20 hours a week as a file clerk/admin asst, and have 4 Econ classes. I will graduate with my degree in May, '09, a month before my 42nd birthday.

I, too, have had my confidence shattered when I went from one job where I was well liked as a word processor to another job as a floater. One atty made me think I couldn't do anything right, and I only had to work for her 8 hours a week. I felt like I was skating on thin ice and that they would let me go at any time. I lost confidence in my ability to hold down another job; so I put up with the abuse because I felt that, since I was liked by the others at that firm, my chances of getting fired at the current job were less than if I got a new job. The new job wouldn't know me but immediately realize I was a f***up and let me go right away. I was eventually reassigned so that I wouldn't have to deal with this c*** (early when I asked to be reassigned, the administrator refused), and my confidence came back. I eventually left that job for a nonlitigation position and had no fear starting over elsewhere in an area where I new I had no experience.

next...

79 months ago

I stayed at the nonlitigation job for 2 years/3 months before moving so that I could return to school to effect my career change. These attorneys - real estate transaction attys - didn't have the same foul temperament as litigators. I was told by the other secretaries who only do transaction that they would never go back to lit. So my advice to any legal secretary who is absolutely fed up but thinks she's too old to do anything different, consider something nonlitigation or working in the legal dept of a corporation. I am a file clerk for the legal dept of a corporation. I've never heard one of these attys raise his voice nor speak condescendingly. I met the king cheese atty from our home office in the Midwest, and even he was a nice guy.

I've dealt a lot with college and guidance counselors over the past few years. I tell them my story and tell them to please don't let their students get into this line of work. It's so not worth it, and he/she will undoubtedly regret it. I am too busy to go on a mission, this big crusade, to enlighten the public and stop as many people as possible from entering this field. I figure the next best thing I can do is talk to the guidance and career counselors and attend an occasional law club meeting. I tell the kids: If you're going to law school, "Great. Go for it. But if you get sick of it and drop out, don't decide to be come a paralegal instead. Either go all the way and become an atty, or get into a different industry that is totally unrelated to law."

next...

79 months ago

I met one guy, 43, also planning a career change. He was considering paralegal school. I told him my story and directed him to this site. I told him that men and women are wired differently. Men react differently to job maltreatment than women and that when you hear about people "going postal" (the workplace shootings), they're usually committed by men. I told him that a great majority of legal secretaries and paralegals are women. If they were men, you'd hear about law firm shootings all the time, and there would be alot of dead attorneys out there.

He decided not to go to paralegal school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lawyer's Right Hand in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

dh in Northern CA, California said: ... It blows me away when I see paralegal jobs requiring a degree. Someone with a degree (depending on the degree) has so much to offer the workforce and can do much better outside the legal industry. Why would someone waste four years of college only to be abused by attys when a lot of paralegals could get the same elsewhere without the degree?...

Like you, dh, I never understood why paralegals are now required to have degrees. I remember years ago, the first time I ever heard of a paralegal job requiring a degree, I was amazed that anyone who had spent 4 years in college and emerged with a degree would waste their time in a job where they won't use their education and won't even have any control over their own work. The work does not require a degree, and what's worse, it's a waste of a degree.

LRH
lawyersrighthand.com

79 months ago

Lawyer's Right Hand in Dallas, Texas said: Like you, dh, I never understood why paralegals are now required to have degrees. I remember years ago, the first time I ever heard of a paralegal job requiring a degree, I was amazed that anyone who had spent 4 years in college and emerged with a degree would waste their time in a job where they won't use their education and won't even have any control over their own work. The work does not require a degree, and what's worse, it's a waste of a degree.

LRH
lawyersrighthand.com

At one firm I worked in OC, we had a legal secretary who had her masters degree from a state university, I believe, in New Mexico. I was also told by another coworker that she didn't just have her masters but her doctorate. Whether that's true or not, don't know, but she did talk to me about getting her MA; I just can't recall what she majored in. Seems like it was related to Sociology. Why she worked as a legal secretary, I cound not fathom!!

79 months ago

dh in Northern CA, California said:

I, too, have had my confidence shattered when I went from one job where I was well liked as a word processor to another job as a floater. One atty made me think I couldn't do anything right, and I only had to work for her 8 hours a week. I felt like I was skating on thin ice and that they would let me go at any time. I lost confidence in my ability to hold down another job; so I put up with the abuse because I felt that, since I was liked by the others at that firm, my chances of getting fired at the current job were less than if I got a new job. ....my confidence came back. I eventually left that job for a nonlitigation position and had no fear starting over elsewhere in an area where I new I had no experience....

Great comment dh - Thanks for sharing. "I felt like I was skating on thin ice and that they would let me go at any time." Oh, do I relate. On one particular Paralegal job, I began "ice skating" probably after 6 months - which turned into major anxiety attacks on too many days - usually when I got home from work- and I could not even get out of my condo, viewing the water, on a warm sunny day. It was awful when that happened. At the end, my anxiety was really bad, because I could feel that doom was cutting. That was my body cueing me in. I was terminated right after x-mas, and my $1,200 bonus - only worked there 6 months- Never gave me the real reason - just know it was not incompetence. Oh yeah, got 4 week severence and vaca pay - all prepared for me in advance. Great, I was out of work on a permanent job for 1 year- On this described job, my confidence waved as I was ice skating too often - luckly my confidence resumed the next day- I cannot work without feeling confident- worse- working while in anxiety over fearing the fall of the axe any day - worse. It was mixed messages from my attorney bosses - and they wre there for a purpose. CONT'd

79 months ago

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware said: CONT'd

CONT'D - Shoot, one day my big boss, whom I went to for a legitimate question, looked at me and said "You don't know anything" I knew it was crappola - but, when I commented back, I got the , "Don't be defensive" line. They realy messed with my head on many days. So yeah, I know all about "ice skating" in the job. It is horrible.

79 months ago

Lawyer's Right Hand in Dallas, Texas said: Like you, dh, I never understood why paralegals are now required to have degrees.
LRH
lawyersrighthand.com

Hummm - Wow - speechless- I am a Paralegal with a B.A degree and an ABA Paralegal certificate. On my job and in my life, I sure know the VALUE of it. LRH- Are you telling me you have no college education? - Success does not always demand a college degree or education- FOr me, it has been valuable - not a lucrative as I would have hoped - however, that has more to do with me - it is what you make of it [my comment to me] One of the many things a college education gives you is the "skills" to learn, analyze, and research and hopefully write.

79 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Lawyer's Right Hand in Dallas, Texas: "I never understood why paralegals are now required to have degrees...."

I don't think paralegal work is a waste of a degree. I am sure college developed my critical thinking abilities, which helped me in law. Further, legal work was my first professional opportunity to really put my college education to work.....

Bingo bongo DLP- Dido - My college education gave me the skills to do my Paralegal job, after obtaining my certificate. Of course, my college education was an asset to my job of Mortgage Loan Officer - however, plenty of people ha no college degree and they were great at the job. Paralegal required more analytical skills.

79 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Continued from above....

Finally, I am male and I dunno if males react to attorney mistreatment much differently than females. Everyone is different. The SOB I worked for pissed me off plenty, but I tried hard not to react to him in the office. I needed to hold on to the job. (I reacted to him plenty at home, however, to the consternation of my poor wife.) Now, I'd love to have dh teach me how to drive the Army vehicles she operated in case I'm ever driving one and spot that individual in an alley. :D

LOL once again. I remember cooming home from work, to my empty albeit beautiful condo - and haveing an anxiety attact from my job. I would call a male friend, while drinking a beer - and rattle on- of course , he could not really relate - as he was older than me, out of corporate, and worked for a large corporation, and was out before 1990 - the days, he reently explained that he had no stress at all when he got home from work - and that his bosses were nice and easy to get along with - and that they asked hime to reconsider not leaving, after 7 years. eah, the good old days. Never had those as a Paralegal. Shoot, I would be mentally paralized with anxiety from my job on enough days - and could not get out of my condo after work.

Anne in Denver, Colorado

79 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Continued from The SOB I worked for pissed me off plenty, but I tried hard not to react to him in the office. I needed to hold on to the job. (I reacted to him plenty at home, however, to the consternation of my poor wife.) ****************

"The SOB" you worked for? I thought only I had negative experiences with employers, and had an "attitude" Displaced! LOL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Yes, Anne et al, you do have an attitude.

So do you Displaced. Please leave me alone. I do not wish to "talk" with you on this forum, do you understand?

I bet you're the type that in a social situation either bores people to death or annoys the heck out of them) until they have to just walk away from you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hi DLP - I'm taking a break from studying for my LAST final (thank God) and thought I'd check out the forum. I saw this "Anne" chick's posts and was perplexed. I was getting ready to write a post asking, "What the H-- is going on??" because I couldn't see anything you wrote that was rude. Then I read your last paragraph above. I think I've been chatting with you on this forum for 6 months now; I've never "seen" you be disprespectful to anyone.

Regarding your comment way up there somewhere, I'd love to teach you how to drive any army vehicle in case you spot one of those attys in an alley. Shoot, you can run 'em down in a regular car. An Army vehicle, however, could take out many at one time. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Displaced, you truly should seek some therapy for your behavior!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Laura Student in Milford, Nebraska

78 months ago

I don't understand why it is such a big deal lady. The Big Boss has worked hard for what he has got, and if he wants to bring a dog to work that is his right. What kind of employee are you to just up and quit over a a dog on the job sounds like you have a few personal issues you need to work out. The next job you apply for please ask if there will be a dog on the job so you don't have to quit once again. It is a part of life people love their animals and will continue bringing them to work places.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sandinmytoes in Ontario, California

78 months ago

People shouldn't bring their pets to work. Not everyone is a pet person and it's unfair and rude to infringe them on others. I would've quit also after telling them I didn't sign up to work at a Vet's office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Para in Springfield, New Jersey

78 months ago

I love pets, but I would hate if people brought them to the office. I think it would be distracting and interfere with productivity. Plus, what if someone had to go to court, meet with clients, ect and they had dog hair or some other kind of mess all over them? Not a good situation in my opinion. Also, some people may be allergic or be afraid of dogs. And finally, some pets, like some children, are just plain annoying, and it's wrong and disrespectful to subject your co-workers to that even if you are the "big boss."

JAC in San Antonio, Texas

78 months ago

Para in Springfield, New Jersey said: I love pets, but I would hate if people brought them to the office. I think it would be distracting and interfere with productivity. Plus, what if someone had to go to court, meet with clients, ect and they had dog hair or some other kind of mess all over them? Not a good situation in my opinion. Also, some people may be allergic or be afraid of dogs. And finally, some pets, like some children, are just plain annoying, and it's wrong and disrespectful to subject your co-workers to that even if you are the "big boss."

Para, I have to agree with you on this. The other factor is if a child comes in with the client and the dog bites the kid or anyone else for that matter, then there would be an even bigger problem with pets in an office. Some work locations are pet friendly. But in an attys office or medical office, not a good place to bring Fido or Princess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DDT in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: Para, I have to agree with you on this. The other factor is if a child comes in with the client and the dog bites the kid or anyone else for that matter, then there would be an even bigger problem with pets in an office. Some work locations are pet friendly. But in an attys office or medical office, not a good place to bring Fido or Princess.

I had a co-worker who was allergic to dogs and was really suffering when one of the partners of the firm we were subletting from had his dog in the office. They really need to take this into consideration.

DDT in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

I should add that I remember a friend of mine telling me about how she never went back to this one doctor because he liked to have his dogs in the office. Of course the medical field is still quite a bit more serious but I still feel that dogs do not belong in the workplace unless it's a vet's office or is there outside of office hours as a guard dog. Also, if you have clients or co-workers who need a dog for assistance that is a different story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Alameda, California

78 months ago

sandinmytoes in Ontario, California said: People shouldn't bring their pets to work. Not everyone is a pet person and it's unfair and rude to infringe them on others. I would've quit also after telling them I didn't sign up to work at a Vet's office.

That's funny. The legal field is the only one I know of where people bring their dogs to work. I worked in 2 firms where that was the case and not, as DDT points out, because a client or staff member needed a dog for assistance.

I don't think that dogs or any other pets belong in a workplace. The exception would be an acquarium. I did work at a firm where there was a beautiful acquarium in the recption area. But that's a far cry from dogs in the office.

Karen in Post Falls, Idaho

77 months ago

Z28 in Boston, Massachusetts said: I worked with a paralegal rotweiller at a law firm.

What was her degree in?

77 months ago

My divorce attorney brings his golden retrievers to his office and you just expect to get dog hair on you when you go there. I live in a small town in remote Idaho so no one thinks its a big deal. However, I worked at the Court Clerk's office and I know that the judges and clerks and other attorneys don't have much respect for my attorney because he wears old plaid jackets and brings his dogs to work. He is a great attorney, he just is not concerned with his image.

MomInJax in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

Google has started a great trend - dogs in the workplace. and many companies are following their lead.
There are usually parmeters put in place for those that will be allowed to have their dog join them each day in their office.
I can't wait until this takes off in more companies as i would love to bring my mini schnauzer to work with me every day. dogs usually will sleep at your feet most of the day and if kept in your own office it should not be a big deal and should not interfere with anyone elses workday.
bringing your dog to work has a great calming effect on the employee and the office and helps to reduce stress in the workplace.
read on google's website about all of the perks they offer like flex hrs, dogs in ofc and meals provided free. i think more companies should follow their lead!!!! I love spending my days with my great gog!

77 months ago

If someone is applying for a job and they are told up front that it is a dog (or pet) friendly environment, I think that's fine. Then employees can choose to remain interested or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

The thing that gets me is that being attorneys should KNOW the law, pets can be considered a health hazard. However, at least the dogs get better treatment from the boss.

77 months ago

I agree. At one of the firms I temped at; I was told that the semi-retired partner brought his dog with him when he came into the office.

I am not anti-dog, or afraid of dogs. The dog was bascially pretty cool, except the times he wanted to raid my lunch bag. He wasn't in the office that often, so it really didn't bother me.

I think that people should be told that animals will sometimes be brought in. There are people who are allergic to dogs and/or afraid of them.

77 months ago

Sigh...... how I would love to work for a place that allows dogs.......... :)

77 months ago

Other things that should be taken into consideration are city ordinances. Most places will not allow animals in a business building unless its a service dog (i.e. for the blind...)

77 months ago

If I was a real dog, I would bite or pee on most attorneys I know.

77 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: If I was a real dog, I would bite or pee on most attorneys I know.

I probably would too. ROFLMAO!!

77 months ago

Don't bite when a simple growl will do.

77 months ago

If I growl, I will show my teeth :D

77 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: If I was a real dog, I would bite or pee on most attorneys I know.

LOL!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said:

Not all dogs are well behaved. Even well-behaved dogs can lash out at people.
QUOTE]

This is very true. It was my point about the semi-retired partner's dog that sometimes came to work with him. He didn't lash out at me, but he definitely decided my lunch was right up his alley; especially when I brought meatloaf sandwiches.

I laughed it off; but I could imagine how someone who is afraid of dogs might react.

77 months ago

criminal or divorce attorney. He can make witness for the other side feel like an idiot. Just guessing.

77 months ago

Anne in Littleton, Colorado said: So do you Displaced. Please leave me alone. I do not wish to "talk" with you on this forum, do you understand?

I bet you're the type that in a social situation either bores people to death or annoys the heck out of them) until they have to just walk away from you!

WOW Anne - easy on the gas peddle.

77 months ago

Lawyer's Right Hand in Dallas, Texas said: Like you, dh, I never understood why paralegals are now required to have degrees. I remember years ago, the first time I ever heard of a paralegal job requiring a degree, I was amazed that anyone who had spent 4 years in college and emerged with a degree would waste their time in a job where they won't use their education and won't even have any control over their own work. The work does not require a degree, and what's worse, it's a waste of a degree.

LRH
lawyersrighthand.com

INTERESTING.

77 months ago

Thats true down here in San Antonio. Most of the attorneys are doing their own work or having new associates in the office do it for them. I'm finding very rarely is a paralegal allowed to do what they got their degree for.

77 months ago

Kmm....What was that all about? Moving on....

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.