I am looking for a job in the colinary field ( somethinng like a line cock) Where do I start ? I do not have any culinary educa

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

corene keraghan in Sarasota, Florida

73 months ago

Michael in New York, New York said: I am looking for a job in the colinary field ( somethinng like a line cook) Where do I start ? I do not have any culinary educatin , but have some expirience working at a deli and a bakery.

I have been cooking for 13 years and started with my own training. If you have the time to teach your self from books ans so forth you will go far. If you show an employer that you are confident, determined and have the ambition, than you will go very far...believe me. Culinary is one the best fields to get into. Have some faith in yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie Taylor in Akron, Ohio

71 months ago

corene keraghan in Sarasota, Florida said: I have been cooking for 13 years and started with my own training. If you have the time to teach your self from books ans so forth you will go far. If you show an employer that you are confident, determined and have the ambition, than you will go very far...believe me. Culinary is one the best fields to get into. Have some faith in yourself.

Oh I know cori im sure that the prison will teach you...hahahaha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

romyrome1@hotmail.com in San Diego, California

61 months ago

well 1st check your local community college and see if they have any ROP or free programs in culinary education. and then go into kitchen preferably the fine dinning ones and say i need a entry level position. which will be bout a prep cook position. always bring a notebook and pen. and write down all information anytime you can at work. you will learn and they will see your drive. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alex in Woodland Hills, California

61 months ago

You all have to learn how to spell. A bunch of illiterates...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.