Massage Therapy Online Education

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 214)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

kallysta in Wisconsin

79 months ago

I'm just curious to see if anyone else out there as received their training online. I completed an online training course about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I'm really glad I chose that route. I was able to study at my own pace and set a realistic goal as to when I would complete the training. It was hard work because I still had to take quizzes and exams but I think it paid off in the end. It was inexpensive compared to outside schools and I feel as though I've learned just as much (if not more) than those who have gone to an actual accredited massage school. I know the laws and regulations are different for each state but in WI, you just can't state your title as being "Certified Massage Therapist". We have to call ourselves "Massage Practitioners or Technicians". (you legally cannot say you are certified or licensed if you are not)I've been successful this far so I have no complaints. I know others have told me that they wish they wouldn't have taken the national exam because it really doesn't mean anything except that you can pass a test and say you are licensed. I could pass the same test if I wanted to by taking the alternative exam. I have enough hours and knowledge of the field but I chose not to do so because then you are required to keep up with CEU's and the insurance costs are much higher. Please let me know your thoughts & if you had the opportunity to learn about this field online.
I went through www.teachmehowtomassage.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Pflieger in New Port Richey, Florida

79 months ago

Hey all,
I personally prefer an actual massage school that is well known. Although it is more money, It is money well spent. I believe that it is more beneficent. I feel that they prepare you better and The instructor gives you insight on various techniques, while passing on their vast knowledge. Ultimately it depends on what works for you. Which is why there are so many choices to choose from! I am surprised that others have told you that they regret taking the NCBTMB. While it may not be required in every state, It lets it be known that you are certified and capable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Mount Vernon, Ohio

79 months ago

What is the NCBTMB? We are tested through the medical board,I test in December. I plan to take the national. is that what that is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jl982 in atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork.
You are in the only state in the nation that does not use the dept of health or massage board, but rather the medical board. Unless it has changed, you are not required to have the national either. They dont use it there.
Many of us wonder why we maintain it - its expensive and not neccesary. After 4 states and 12 years, it never did a thing for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I'm so very confused about nationals, so even if i take the test if i move to say..florida, would i have to take the state test there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Pflieger in Clearwater, Florida

78 months ago

Yes, because FL requires all therapist to take the NCBTMB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

ok thank you so very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jl982 in atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Heather in Mount Vernon, Ohio said: I'm so very confused about nationals, so even if i take the test if i move to say..florida, would i have to take the state test there?

I suggest you call whatever state you think you might move to first. Reciprocity is not in all states, and with a Medical board license like Ohio, you may be required to go back to school again in the new state but You should not be required to take the National (NCBTMB) again - I would - again - call, but you shouldnt have to because you would already have it but you will have to add more hours of FL law, ethics, etc...keep in mind that unless you chose to take the NCBTMB on your own, Ohio does not test in that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Career Change - to what industry? in Frisco, Texas

77 months ago

kallysta in Wisconsin said: I'm just curious to see if anyone else out there as received their training online. I completed an online training course about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I'm really glad I chose that route. I was able to study at my own pace and set a realistic goal as to when I would complete the training. It was hard work because I still had to take quizzes and exams but I think it paid off in the end. It was inexpensive compared to outside schools and I feel as though I've learned just as much (if not more) than those who have gone to an actual accredited massage school. I know the laws and regulations are different for each state but in WI, you just can't state your title as being "Certified Massage Therapist". We have to call ourselves "Massage Practitioners or Technicians". (you legally cannot say you are certified or licensed if you are not)I've been successful this far so I have no complaints. I know others have told me that they wish they wouldn't have taken the national exam because it really doesn't mean anything except that you can pass a test and say you are licensed. I could pass the same test if I wanted to by taking the alternative exam. I have enough hours and knowledge of the field but I chose not to do so because then you are required to keep up with CEU's and the insurance costs are much higher. Please let me know your thoughts & if you had the opportunity to learn about this field online.

I'm curious. How can you learn true proper techniques? MT is such a Hand On type activity.

I'm seeking a new career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

linton in Orlando, Florida

77 months ago

don't know about online schools but I have an online Massagetherapy Exam Review - everybody needs to pass the licensure exam - online review seems to work well and I've noticed the following: The people that pass do this:

1. 1. people that pass study 2 to 3 months
2. they study 1 to 2 hours a day
3. Start a study group
4. find a study buddy
5. go to a review seminar
6. make flash cards
7. make audio tapes and listen to the material until you can't stand your own voice
8. Take a refresher course
9. review your old class notes
10. Talk with people that have just passed the exam and find what strategies they have used

With friendly greetings,

Linton

massagetherapyexam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Florence, Kentucky

76 months ago

I have taken the NCBTMB test and missed it by 14 pts. The areas of study I strongly suggest to anyone is Asian medicine. The school I attended did not prepare us for the questions that were asked.

linton in Orlando, Florida

76 months ago

Alot of student miss because of the Asian questions they they didn't have in their program or missed somehow. There are Asian med questions on massagetherapyexam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Babs in Columbus, Ohio

76 months ago

I'm looking at different massage schools in my area.
How do I know I'm picking the right one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hunnyoil in Spokane, Washington

75 months ago

I took the boards twice and got the same score on both. What are the odds of that happening?

Now I have serious test anxiety............

Kimmy in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Hunnyoil in Spokane, Washington said: I took the boards twice and got the same score on both. What are the odds of that happening?

Try relaxing before it by treating yourself to a massage first. Thats what I did, It helps relax you so your not as nerves for it. And try not to overthink the questions 9 times out of 10 your first instinct is correct, the ones i secound guessed myself on and went back and changed them are the ones i got wrong. Best of luck to you.

75 months ago

Thanks Kimmy :)

jennifer in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

linton in Orlando, Florida said: don't know about online schools but I have an online Massagetherapy Exam Review - everybody needs to pass the licensure exam - online review seems to work well and I've noticed the following: The people that pass do this:

1. 1. people that pass study 2 to 3 months
2. they study 1 to 2 hours a day
3. Start a study group
4. find a study buddy
5. go to a review seminar
6. make flash cards
7. make audio tapes and listen to the material until you can't stand your own voice
8. Take a refresher course
9. review your old class notes
10. Talk with people that have just passed the exam and find what strategies they have used

With friendly greetings,

Linton

massagetherapyexam.com

Hello,
Your above advice was motivating,I am looking for a local refresher coarse, study group or even audio study material. I tested in september and i have been having a very difficult time regrouping from not passing and would greatly appreciate any adice. I'm having a hard time staying focused with traditional study material. I know the longer I wait the harder it will be to retake the test. Any help would be beyond appreciated!

Miranda in Fenais Da Luz, Portugal

74 months ago

I have a question-- do all of you have your own business or did you just get your training and start doing massage? My interest is just to give people massage at my home-- I have a table and room set up, but do you know if you can do that without a business degree? Also, is there an accredited on-line school? If not I suppose I can wait to go to one when I am back in the States. Thanks anyone who can help!

El'Kahn in Everett, Washington

74 months ago

I graduated from an accredited massage school almost two years ago and failed my nat. cert. test by 6 points which is about 1 or 2 questions. it was disheartening since i was told i was so good with hands on. All this time has passed and i'm trying to find a way to get back on track to take and pass the test before its too late. Can anyone give me tips or advice how to do this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Randy

74 months ago

I went to an accredited school in florida. Graduated and passed the national exam. I practiced in florida for a few months then due to a family situation I moved back to ohio, Well ohio dosen't recognize the national exam and said i would have to do schooling over. So i said forget that and did something else for a while. That has been 4 years and since then the law has changed in ohio and now i just have to take the exam. So I paid my dues studied for a few weeks took the exam and failed. I thought the information would just come back to me obviously not. So I am looking for a refresher course in northeast ohio to help me out a little bit. If anyone has any suggestions please let me no thank you!!!

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio

74 months ago

I would suggest buying Mosbys Massage Therapy Review book. It contains all the areas of review that you will need. My suggestion is pay extra attention to:
Pathology
Muscle origin/insertion/action
Ethical practice, standards
above all
ASIAN MEDICINE....that is the area where most people fail..trust me..I am on my second test and I am studying for a test date late March.
Stay tuned, and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jordan11 in Boston, Massachusetts

74 months ago

This place is great! I learned how to do Swedish massages, which is great on that fourth date and is a huge indulgence for that nagging girlfriend. At NMTI they provide you with quality, hands-on training and credentials you need to begin a rewarding career in Massage Therapy. NMTI have five convenient locations in four Mid-Atlantic States which include NJ, DE, PA, and VA. Their sole mission is in helping you succeed as a Massage Therapist.

NMTI’s Massage Therapy Program is designed for individuals seeking a full time or part time career in therapeutic massage and bodywork. Their program also attracts nurses, personal trainers and physical / occupational therapists looking to supplement their professional skills. They teach an array of massages, for those who have joint problems NMTI will train you about benefits of Reflexology. For advance training NMTI teaches the ancient art of Shiatsu. For the advent sports junkie NMTI teaches sports massage, CPR and First Aid.

They offer flexible training programs, in a comfortable, professional setting check them out at www.studymassage.com. They’re the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sarra1100 in Waltham, Massachusetts

74 months ago

I like giving massages and I was thinking to go to a school that teaches you how to become a massage therapist. So I want online and I researched schools that do this and I found this one called “The National Massage Therapy Institute” I think this is a good school to go to, they provide you the quality, hands-on training and everything you need to have a rewarding career in Massage Therapy. The instructors and staff have massage and healthcare background. They offer flexible training programs and also have financial plans that will work for any one. The web site is www.studymassage.com . I think it is a good school to go to but if anyone has any suggestions please let me no thank you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Just a test in Seattle, Washington

74 months ago

kallysta in Wisconsin said: I'm just curious to see if anyone else out there as received their training online. I completed an online training course about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I'm really glad I chose that route. I was able to study at my own pace and set a realistic goal as to when I would complete the training. It was hard work because I still had to take quizzes and exams but I think it paid off in the end. It was inexpensive compared to outside schools and I feel as though I've learned just as much (if not more) than those who have gone to an actual accredited massage school. I know the laws and regulations are different for each state but in WI, you just can't state your title as being "Certified Massage Therapist". We have to call ourselves "Massage Practitioners or Technicians". (you legally cannot say you are certified or licensed if you are not)I've been successful this far so I have no complaints. I know others have told me that they wish they wouldn't have taken the national exam because it really doesn't mean anything except that you can pass a test and say you are licensed. I could pass the same test if I wanted to by taking the alternative exam. I have enough hours and knowledge of the field but I chose not to do so because then you are required to keep up with CEU's and the insurance costs are much higher. Please let me know your thoughts & if you had the opportunity to learn about this field online.

You cant learn massage therapy through a book. We have to take 701 hours training
and had to do 80 hours clinical treatments at school. after i got out of school I have takes 200hrs CEU's. You may be able to just PASS a test but you dont get real Practical experience needed through an extensive study..in class.. of anatomy physiology and techniques .You chose who you would go see for a massage.
www.bodyworkandmassagecenter.com

Shannon in Palmdale, California

74 months ago

I took the National Exam in 2006 and passed because I had to in Las Vegas, but now I moved to CA and they don't recognize it. Out here the requirements vary from city to city. Most cities require 500+ hours but San Diego and Thousand Oaks require 1000 which I didn't get from school. The city of Santa Monica requires you to take another test with questions on the modalities, anat/phys. and city laws, etc. I'm sure other cities do as well. I only have like 700 with Continuing Ed and my original 600. I will keep my certification though since so many states recognize it. I paid $10,000 for school and I must say you get what you pay for. I ended up paying like $1600 to take courses on pregancy massage, and deep tissue among other things. I think I saved money compared to another program but I ended up losing time taking courses that I probably could have learned if I had been in a better program. I would also have enough hours to work anywhere in the U.S. I know to sit for the national exam you have to have a certain amount of clock hours and hands-on hours. My thoughts on the board itself are mixed. They have so much inner turmoil and they want to try to tell us waht to do and fork over more of our money to get recertified. We do it b/c we don;t want to go thru taking that test all over again.

Kristy

73 months ago

I'm taking my national tomorrow...I read some of your posts about Asian modalities. Fortunately, my school offered a 6 week program in Chinese Medicine. I know that one of things that really helped me understand the meridians is this dance that my teacher made up to help us remember them. Here is what I know

Circuits Run:
Yin: chest to fingers
Yang: fingers to face
Yang: face to feet
Yin: feet to chest

1st Circuit:

LU (lung): lung to thumb
LI (large intestine): index finger to opposite nostril
ST (stomach): below eye to 2nd toe
SP (spleen): big toe to ribs

2nd Cictuit:

HT (heart): armpit to pinky
SI (small intestine): pinky to ear cartilage
UB (urinary bladder): eyebrow to wee wee toe (baby toe) =)
K (kidney): soles of feet to clavicle

3rd Circuit:

PC (pericardium): nipple to bird finger (middle finger)
TW (triple warmer): (3 rings) ring finger, earring, eyebrow ring
GB (gallbladder): spock ears to 4th toe
LV (liver): big toe to chest

I know it sounds kinda goofy...but it was fun to learn and its really helped me memorize the order. I hope it can help some of you. I also took a Reiki I class outside of my school. My masters name is Gerry Eitner...shes AMAZING! Anyways, she was telling us that sometimes when people have attunements through Reiki they start to understand Asian Medicine better. Some students of Reiki will start to write in Japanese and Chinese symbols and know what they mean without any prior experience with the language. It's just a very interesting concept. Anyways...I hope that the Meridian dance helps you guys...I know that the Generating Cycle can also be confusing...my best advice is to draw it over and over and over and list the Zang and Fu organs, emotions, seasons, tastes and sounds next to each element so that it will help you memorize them. =) You can send me a friend request at www.myspace.com/kristy1010 if you have any questions! Good luck to everyone on their exam!!!!!!!!

73 months ago

I passed the National Exam on March 22. Everyone has their own way of studying. I reviewed from two study guides, Mosbys massage review, and review for massage therapy by Duke Cassel. The charts of the meridians were most beneficial and the pathologic symptoms of each meridian. I would say there were at least 35 questions on Asian medicine alone. Make sure you brush up on muscles orgin insertion and function especially forearm, scapula, rhomboids, etc. I have made a personal study guide from both review books if anyone is interested pls let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I passed the National Exam on March 22. Everyone has their own way of studying. I reviewed from two study guides, Mosbys massage review, and review for massage therapy by Duke Cassel. The charts of the meridians were most beneficial and the pathologic symptoms of each meridian. I would say there were at least 35 questions on Asian medicine alone. Make sure you brush up on muscles orgin insertion and function especially forearm, scapula, rhomboids, etc. I have made a personal study guide from both review books if anyone is interested pls let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck!

Tammy, congratulations on passing your exam. I really appreciate your willingness to share your study guides because I truly need any help I can get! How can I go about getting in contact with you for a copy?

Vicki in Willoughby, Ohio

73 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I passed the National Exam on March 22. Everyone has their own way of studying. I reviewed from two study guides, Mosbys massage review, and review for massage therapy by Duke Cassel. The charts of the meridians were most beneficial and the pathologic symptoms of each meridian. I would say there were at least 35 questions on Asian medicine alone. Make sure you brush up on muscles orgin insertion and function especially forearm, scapula, rhomboids, etc. I have made a personal study guide from both review books if anyone is interested pls let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck![/QUOTE

Vicki in Willoughby, Ohio

73 months ago

Vicki in Willoughby, Ohio said:

I moved back to Ohio about 6 months ago. I took the NCTMB in LA last year and passed it. I am getting so frustrated just trying to get questions answered when it comes to the Ohio exam. Nobody on the board that I have called even seems willing to return a simple phone call. Is the Ohio exam much different from the NCTMB? HELP!

Kristy

73 months ago

I took my national on the 27th and I passed...amen! Study your chinese medicine!!!!

72 months ago

I passed the NCTMB on April 7th. Third time. STUDY THAT CHINESE MED and KNOW your meridians!!

I think I only had like 3 questions on business.

I would be glad to share my easy study notes. Once you get these down I think it makes sense. One thing I did when I first started the test was to write all of the meridians down on the piece of paper they provide to you and then you can refer to it during the test. I swear it helps.

I also signed up for a month on massagexam.com and I think that really helped.

Good luck!!

Robin

72 months ago

"I moved back to Ohio about 6 months ago. I took the NCTMB in LA last year and passed it. I am getting so frustrated just trying to get questions answered when it comes to the Ohio exam. Nobody on the board that I have called even seems willing to return a simple phone call. Is the Ohio exam much different from the NCTMB? HELP!"

You would be better to contact the Ohio Chapter of the AMTA. State Medical Board is difficult to reach. I just graduated from massage school, and sit boards in June. From what I hear, you will probably have to start over from the beginning if you want to practice in Ohio. For us they required 750 hours at an accredited school. If you are in southern Ohio, I believe Kentucky accepts NCBTMB. Ohio does not accept NCBTMB at all. From what I have heard, they feel the NCBTMB leaves too much out. Ohio is big on the physiological effects, therapeutic applications, contraindications, and pathologies. Hope this helps.

rachelle in Spring Hill, Florida

72 months ago

Hunnyoil in Spokane, Washington said: I took the boards twice and got the same score on both. What are the odds of that happening?

i failed by one pt. both times i took it so i guess the chances sre more likely than we both thought. crappy..... i also have rally bad test anxiety. failing twice only made it worse. i'm considering asking my doc. for a valium or something to get throught the test w/out hanving a panic attack.

courtney

72 months ago

Frustrated in Florence, Kentucky said: I have taken the NCBTMB test and missed it by 14 pts. The areas of study I strongly suggest to anyone is Asian medicine. The school I attended did not prepare us for the questions that were asked.

would you tell me which school you attended and when? What about shiatsu or spa?

courtney

72 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I would suggest buying Mosbys Massage Therapy Review book. It contains all the areas of review that you will need. My suggestion is pay extra attention to:
Pathology
Muscle origin/insertion/action
Ethical practice, standards
above all
ASIAN MEDICINE....that is the area where most people fail..trust me..I am on my second test and I am studying for a test date late March.
Stay tuned, and good luck!

Did you take the ohio exam or the nationals? Ohio takes all their questions from Tortora and Kellogg not Mosby. How did you find out which books are used for the nationals?

courtney

72 months ago

Vicki in Willoughby, Ohio said: I moved back to Ohio about 6 months ago. I took the NCTMB in LA last year and passed it. I am getting so frustrated just trying to get questions answered when it comes to the Ohio exam. Nobody on the board that I have called even seems willing to return a simple phone call. Is the Ohio exam much different from the NCTMB? HELP!

Vicki, they are light years apart. Ohio's web site has a breakdown of the questions. They are medically based and Kellogg is used for many massage questions - who ever even heard of him except for corn flakes !!!

72 months ago

Who's heard of Kellogg?? What massage book were you studying from? The Art of Massage by Kellogg was our bible in massage school! There were very few Fritz questions on the exam, Tortora and Kellogg mostly.

courtney

72 months ago

My point is exactly that. Only in Ohio is Kellogg the bible albiet a century old Bible. I've practiced for 30 years and hold multiple licenses; including OH, NY and KY but Kellogg though not without merit is only another standard protocal amongst so very many valuable modalities. I didn't mean to offend you. I troubles me to see, repeatedly, that Ohio has a 50 to 65% pass rate and that a majority of Ohioans on this site don't even mention the state exam. I wish the medical board would give massage to a propriatary board that could freely encompass the ever broadening horizions of those who follow this path.

Robin, from Ohio

72 months ago

Heather in Mount Vernon, Ohio said: Who's heard of Kellogg?? What massage book were you studying from? The Art of Massage by Kellogg was our bible in massage school! There were very few Fritz questions on the exam, Tortora and Kellogg mostly.

I am going to take Ohio state boards in June. Any tips or hints on what to expect, or even better, what to focus on? I am not as concerned over the A&P portion as I am about the Massage portion. I am left-brained by nature, and the whole "questions with two correct answers, pick the more correct one" is extremely frustrating! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

courtney

72 months ago

I'm glad to help but want to give you specific ways to insure you will know what you know. If you can wait for an answer I'll be able to be sure I direct you towards the tools you are looking for. I've never met anyone that wasn't worried in the last 2 months so remember you're absolutely normal.
I dislike the trickery too. I'll get back to you in the next two weeks with some tools. are you taking the nationals? You can work after graduation in Indiana with certification that requires only your diploma and ID. Kentucky accepts the Nationals. I'm working constantly on the future of this profession so if you email me again in a week or two I will give you solid avenues to find what you need. Good Luck!

Kimberly G in Fort Worth, Texas

72 months ago

HI everyone! OK, this is in response of the Kellogg man (mind you though, this was the only info we learned at our school back in Va. about him and it comes from the Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage-3rd edition Mosby

Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (1852-1943) Founder of the Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan, wrote dozens of articles and two textbooks on massage and hydrotherapy and edited and published a popular magazine, Good Health. and yes, he came from the same cereal family!
Not sure if this was any help...wasn't for us either..lol
Good luck!

72 months ago

I took the December 07 board and there were quite a few CDC questions about solutions and water temperatures, and actually there were some muscle questions of the massage portion, and hydrotherapy,little but anyway. there were pharm questions, but they were more common sense than anything. Case studies, like "Carol comes for a massage and she has swelling in her left leg what is the first thing u do?" and generally its refer to a physician. If your teacher gives u any study sheets with questions from past boards, those were very helpful for me. I still have them my email addy is heatherjmccormick@yahoo.com i will make copies and send them to you if you'd like.

72 months ago

Yeah, it boggled my mind as well that the main book we studied was written a century ago by a man obsessed with colonic irrigations. LOL Would be nice to have studies some different things, I can give one mean swedish Kellog massage tho!

courtney

72 months ago

Hi Heather,
I bet you can ! My clients used to say I gave a neo-seudo-swedish-jewish massage.......
I think you will have an amazing career. Eventually, you may find that teaching what you've learned to next generation is touching the future; they will do things we never dreamed of.
I'm always looking for resources that will empower my teachers and students to conquer the nationals and Ohio state boards. I'd be grateful for anything you want to contribute.
As an educator I am aware that there are 4 tracks that I'm responsibile for if my students are to have a real career. preparation for National exam, State Boards. Actual,effective, clinical skills and the ability to handle their practice,clients,and personal well being as well as controling a profitable business/ practice.
Ohio is an entity unto it's own lol

Jenna in Monroe, North Carolina

72 months ago

Hello everyone!
I have been reading everyones posts and I think this site is great...My test is coming up on May 24th and this will be the 3rd time I am taking it. So I am pretty nervous and I keep seeing go over your Meridians and Asian Medicine. I live in North Carolina and i was just wondering if the test were pretty much the same in every state or are they different for some states. I have been going over my meridians and also was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what to study in Asian medicine?....Thanks so much!

waynona in North Las Vegas, Nevada

72 months ago

congradulations on passing the test, i am scheduled to take the test o may 16, 2008 and i am very nervous if you could please send me the study guide for tips on taking the test I would appreciate it very much, i have been studying for 2 months, but still nervous ..thank you in advance....

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I passed the National Exam on March 22. Everyone has their own way of studying. I reviewed from two study guides, Mosbys massage review, and review for massage therapy by Duke Cassel. The charts of the meridians were most beneficial and the pathologic symptoms of each meridian. I would say there were at least 35 questions on Asian medicine alone. Make sure you brush up on muscles orgin insertion and function especially forearm, scapula, rhomboids, etc. I have made a personal study guide from both review books if anyone is interested pls let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck!

Martha Chiriboga in Las Vegas, Nevada

72 months ago

♥ Kristy ♥ only accepts add requests from people he/she knows. You must enter either ♥ Kristy ♥'s last name or email address to send your request.

Kristy,

I don't know your neither surname nor your email addy to get past the MySpace privacy issue with your page.

What I wanted to know is what school did you go to? It sounds like your teachers were devoted to teaching in any capacity...! And, I love that!

72 months ago

I would need your email address to send the Asian study guide. Do you have the Trail Guide to the Body book?

72 months ago

I would need your email address to send the Asian study guide. I studied the muscles from the Trail Guide for the Body. Do you have that book?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.